Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Creative and Innovative Movesets Thread (Read The Rules in the OP before Posting!)

Default Creative and Innovative Movesets Thread (Read The Rules in the OP before Posting!)

We have threads about Volt-Turn and Underrated threats, but nothing about creative movesets. For Shame!

Many claim that creativity is dead. But this is just plain wrong. I guarantee that at least one pokemon on every team has some sort of creative aspect to it. This is a place to disprove the death of creativity. Post any creative sets here. But there are a few rules.

1. Don't post something if it is simply just underated, but not particularly creative. I don't care how underated you claim Butterfly Dance Venomoth is, it's not particularly creative. I understand that it is underated, but this is for custom sets that can't be found elsewhere.
    2. Make it good. Sometimes people post creative movesets that just plain aren't good. Remember, a creative moveset doesn't have to be on a bad pokemon or with a bad move. So don't post your physical Alakazam here saying "but what about the suprise factor?"
    3. Creative =/= Gimmick. Not every set here has to be a gimmick, and to be honest, Gimmicks aren't really too good or useful. All we want are just creative movesets that will break away from the standards, but will still be usable.
    4. If you are going to post here, you have to contribute something useful. Don't just say "lolz specs machamp sux". Put some substance into your post. In fact, most post should either be sets or comments on sets.
    5. Please post complete sets. If you say "I like Amnesia Scrafty", please include a spread, item, moveset, and comments.
    6. YOU MUST COMMENT ON THE SET ABOVE YOU. If there isn't a set above you, look back to the last set posted. This may seem annoying at first, but it is to be sure that there aren't just sets flooding in, and that we can get comments on our sets. If you post something and notice that something has been added while you were typing, you aren't going to be forced to edit your post, but it would be nice.
    7. The best sets, that are truly creative and useful and have gotten good comments, will be edited into the OP.
    8. BW2 sets are now being accepted as the game has been out for awhile

SOME EXAMPLES (From Smogon):

Spoiler:- Examples:

Best Creative Serebii Movesets

Spoiler:- Standard Pokemon:

Little Cup:

Spoiler:- Little Cup:

Ubers:

Spoiler:- Ubers:

Well, thanks to the person who approved this, this is ready for posting : D

I chase the dream, not the competition.

I can't believe Smogon didn't include a baton pass set for Gliscor. I don't get their "it isn't it's real claim to fame" when it does it well anyway. All that matters is that it works, right?

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Poison Heal
    Impish/252 HP/184def/72Speed
    -Substitute
    -Baton Pass
    -Swords Dance/Rock Polish/Earthquake

Okay, it's not to terribly creative, but not standard either.

I also used a surprisingly useful Metang in NU before, but I'm not very good at lower tiers, so it may just end up being pretty bad....

252 HP/Don't Remember.
    Don't remember nature.
    Clear Body
    -Rest
    -Earthquake
    -Hone Claws
    -Meteor Mash

Not much could really 2HKO it, so Rest sort of worked as a recovery move.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    If I get agitated or embarrassed, I have a tendency to say stupid things as a cover up. Think nothing of it.

Cresselia @ Flame Orb
    252 HP / 252 Sdef / 4 Def
    Bold Nature
    --Psycho Shift
    --Rest
    --Sleep Talk
    --Psychic / Ice Beam / Light Screen / Reflect

This set is a huge pain in the ***. It shifts a burn over to pokemon with Flame Orb, limiting their physical attacking powers. The SDef EVs are maxed out to make Cresselia bulky on both sides after burning the opponent. Rest heals you up, but it also gives Psycho Shift a new purpose. It allows it to shift sleep onto the opponent if Sleep Talk selects Psycho Shift. Psychic is there for the obligatory STAB attacking move, making it not Taunt bait. Truly a pain defensively and as a utility pokemon.
    Stealing this from the smogon version of this thread (from which the OP was taken as well, I might add). Anyway this set is both incredibly annoying if it gets going, and also extremely amusing (from your perspective).

I can't believe Smogon didn't include a baton pass set for Gliscor. I don't get their "it isn't it's real claim to fame" when it does it well anyway. All that matters is that it works, right?

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Poison Heal
    -Substitute
    -Baton Pass

I also used a surprisingly useful Metang in NU before, but I'm not very good at lower tiers, so it may just end up being pretty bad....
    This is like the substitute set, just with Baton Pass, but it works wonders on a BP team. Maybe slash Taunt on their somewhere, nice to prevent stuff from setting up on you. Also, making it fast enough to outspeed Adamant Lucario so you can EQ it is nice as well. Just a sugestion

252 HP/Don't Remember.
    Don't remember nature.
    Clear Body
    -Rest
    -Earthquake
    -Hone Claws
    -Meteor Mash

It would be nice if I got the nature, EVs, and a description, this set looks like it could work. (Oh yea, and item works as well)

Cresselia @ Flame Orb
    252 HP / 252 Sdef / 4 Def
    Bold Nature
    --Psycho Shift
    --Rest
    --Sleep Talk
    --Psychic / Ice Beam / Light Screen / Reflect

This set is a huge pain in the ***. It shifts a burn over to pokemon with Flame Orb, limiting their physical attacking powers. The SDef EVs are maxed out to make Cresselia bulky on both sides after burning the opponent. Rest heals you up, but it also gives Psycho Shift a new purpose. It allows it to shift sleep onto the opponent if Sleep Talk selects Psycho Shift. Psychic is there for the obligatory STAB attacking move, making it not Taunt bait. Truly a pain defensively and as a utility pokemon.
    Yea, this is from Smogon, but did you think i'm writing all of this up myself : P

anywho, this set is like Trick Orb Reliunclus or that Psychic-bird Pokemon, just with better bulk and Rest (does Psycho Shift transfer sleep as well?)

It would be nice if I got the nature, EVs, and a description, this set looks like it could work. (Oh yea, and item works as well)
    I was feeling lazy when I typed that up...I'll go check the EVs in a second.

Oh, and the item...eviolite.

Edit: Impish, Max HP and special defense. I got pretty lazy with the EVs.
    If I get agitated or embarrassed, I have a tendency to say stupid things as a cover up. Think nothing of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Poison Heal
    -Substitute
    -Baton Pass

The problem is, Taunt goes through Substitute forcing you to switch or Struggle. :/

252 HP/Don't Remember.
    Don't remember nature.
    Clear Body
    -Rest
    -Earthquake
    -Hone Claws
    -Meteor Mash

The problem with Metang is, things can set up on it while it switches or sleeps. Same with everything that Rests really.

@ Choice Specs
    Modest/Timid
    252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Intimidate
    - Draco Meteor
    - Hydro Pump
    - Fire Blast
    - Dragon Pulse/whatever filler

I've used this set a few times, and it is amazing. Most people send in their physical wall or Mamoswine or whatever to tame the mighty beast, but then get OHKOd by a Specs-boosted attack coming off of 350 Special Attack (without the Specs boost). The main attraction of this set over titans such as Hydreigon or Latios is Intimidate. Intimidate allows it to switch in on things like Scizor Bullet Punch and retaliate. Access to Hydro Pump differentiates it from Hydreigon by being able to use a fairly reliable move to KO Heatran, the bane of the former dragons. The extra two base Speed points over Hydreigon is crucial to its success, putting it in a great Speed tier.

The moves serve general purposes. Draco Meteor is the equivalent of a Hiroshima bomb to those not expecting it from a commonly physical beast. It OHKOs many common switch-ins such as Mamoswine and does a number even to things that resist it like Lucario. Fire Blast is for the steels that resist Draco Meteor, annihilating Skarmory and Ferrothorn. Hydro Pump is solely for Heatran, however it is its best option against Tyranitar. The last slot is a filler, though Dragon Pulse is preferable so that you have a reliable STAB move that doesn't halve your Special Attack.

The problem is, Taunt goes through Substitute forcing you to switch or Struggle. :/
    So? Taunt isn't even all that common.

Besides, EQ is an option down at the bottom.
    The problem with Metang is, things can set up on it while it switches or sleeps. Same with everything that Rests really.
    I was thinking that it's bulk was enough to take a couple hits while it rest, so it worked for me. Then again, I'm not very high on the NU ladder.
    @ Choice Specs
    Modest
    252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Intimidate
    - Draco Meteor
    - Hydro Pump
    - Fire Blast
    - yay filler

Mostly for the lulz, but I've killed a fair few things with this. Fire Blast Ferrothorn and Forretress, Hydro Pump Heatran, and Draco Meteor everything else. Main advantage over Hydreigon is Intimidate and Hydro Pump>Focus Miss.
    I'm not seeing much of a reason to use this over Hydreigon or MixMence.

Quote Originally Posted by magikarprules View Post

@ Choice Specs
    Modest / Timid
    252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Intimidate
    - Draco Meteor
    - Hydro Pump
    - Fire Blast
    - Dragon Pulse

Mostly for the lulz, but I've killed a fair few things with this. Fire Blast Ferrothorn and Forretress, Hydro Pump Heatran, and Draco Meteor everything else. Main advantage over Hydreigon is Intimidate and Hydro Pump>Focus Miss.
    Actually, coming from someone who has used Specs Mence, it works wonders. A key Fighting Resist, as well as a decent check to Volcarona's without Hidden Power Ice as well as Intimidate to take Physical attacks better. Also, the 2 extra speed is important, as it helps it to outspeed Hydregion, Haxorus, and Speed tie with other base 100s, such as Ninetails, other Salamence, and non-boosted Volcarona. Dragon Pulse works as a filler move, as it allows Salamence to have an attack when Draco Meteor just won't do it (-2 SpA drops suck). As such, adding this to the OP, it needs recognition, great set as it is : D

Specsmence is actually a great Pokemon. Back in 4th Gen, I would use it to surprise opponents expecting a DDmence or Mixmence. Now I don't like Salamence as much, so I've stopped using the set. Maybe I should put it on one of my teams.

I have a couple of creative ideas that I like to use:

(I don't know how to do moving sprites, so if someone could tell me how to do that, I'd appreciate it.)

Virizion (Hasty nature)
    Item: Life Orb
    EV spread: 252 Speed, 252 Attk, 4 Sp.Attk
    Moves: Swords Dance
    Hidden Power (Ice)
    Close Combat
    Leaf Blade

I've considered revising the special attack EVs, as SD boosts Virizion's attack to relatively high levels. Anyway, you use Swords Dance to make people think you're a physical sweeper, then nail a dragon/grass switch-in with HP Ice, assuring either a 2 or OHKO. I have surprised Celebi and Salamence switch-ins with this Virizion set.

Latios (Jolly nature)
    EV spread: 252 Attk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    Moves: Dragon Dance
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Zen Headbutt *mostly filler*

Latios, renowned for its Special attack stat that fires off the strongest Draco Meteor in OU, also has a decent base 90 physical attack stat. It can boost this with Dragon Dance, and sweep people using Blissey who expect Draco Meteor.
    I will be less active as time goes on; I have many things to do to get into college and will be focusing on that, so if you don't hear from me for a while, just be patient. I will respond, but it may take some time.

Black FC: 1764-6597-3816

Spoiler:- claims:

Quote Originally Posted by overlordmewtwo View Post
    Specsmence is actually a great Pokemon. Back in 4th Gen, I would use it to surprise opponents expecting a DDmence or Mixmence.

I have a couple of ideas that I like to use here:

(I don't know how to do moving sprites, so if someone could tell me how to do that, I'd appreciate it.)

Virizion (Hasty nature)
    Hidden Power (Ice)
    Close Combat
    Leaf Blade

I've considered revising the special attack EVs, as SD boosts Virizion's attack to relatively high levels. Anyway, you use Swords Dance to make people think you're a physical sweeper, then nail a dragon/grass switch-in with HP Ice, assuring either a 2 or OHKO. I have surprised Celebi and Salamence switch-ins with this Virizion set.

Latios (Jolly nature)
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake

Latios, renowned for its Special attack stat that fires off the strongest Draco Meteor in OU, also has a decent base 90 physical attack stat. It can boost this with Dragon Dance, and sweep people using Blissey who expect Draco Meteor.
    I get them from here, and treat them like any other image.

Anyway, I don't see any reason to use Latios over any other dragon dancer like D-nite and Salamence. It can work okay I guess, but it's terribly outclassed.

It may not be outclassed if it uses this, however...

Latios @ Life Orb
    208 att/44Sp.att/252 speed
    Mild
    -Dragon Dance
    -Draco Meteor
    -Hidden Power(Fire)
    -Outrage

I've never tested it, but it can easily finish off weakened Ferrothorn or Skarmory with hidden power fire, and smack physical walls with Draco Meteor. The EVs and Nature are to OHKO the standard Gliscor with Draco Meteor, but you can alter them if that's not a problem. Outrage takes advantage of the attack boost.

Virizion (Hasty nature)
    Hidden Power (Ice)
    Close Combat
    Leaf Blade
    This is the standard SD set

Latios (Jolly nature)
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    DD Latios looks like a cool idea, but the main point to using it is to beat Jirachi, which it doesn't. +1 EQ doesn't OHKO Jirachi, Tyranitar, the main reasons to use this set, so Jirachi just T-Waves or Body Slams you, and T-Tar justs Crunch's or Pursuits, so its nice for a surprise, but it doesn;t accomplish what it needs to do anyways

Latios @ Life Orb
    208 att/44Sp.att/252 speed
    Mild
    -Dragon Dance
    -Draco Meteor
    -Hidden Power(Fire)
    -Outrage

I've never tested it, but it can easily finish off weakened Ferrothorn or Skarmory with hidden power fire, and smack physical walls with Draco Meteor. The EVs and Nature are to OHKO the standard Gliscor with Draco Meteor, but you can alter them if that's not a problem. Outrage takes advantage of the attack boost.
    Yea, can you please test it out first before posting, I want sets that have decent success, not something that looks good on paper

@ Sitrus Berry
    Levitate
    Bold
    16 Hp/ 240 Def/ 252 Sp. Def
    -Heal Bell
    -Stealth Rock
    -Extrasensory
    -Thunder Wave
    You'd be surprised at how well this little... thing... has served me. Set up rocks, take a hit, cripple sweepers, act as a cleric, you name it, he can do it. I added Extrasensory because I found he acted as Taunt bait a lot. Also, it's good for finishing pokemon off or breaking Sash. I ran another set similar to this but with Screens. I honestly love Uxie. He has so many possibilities 8D
    Anyway, he was my lead for a good two months and hasn't failed me yet.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

So? Taunt isn't even all that common.
    taunt is common.

anyways. as far as creative sets go
    SUBPROTECT Gliscor with Sand Attack.
    It's total taunt bait, but it's insanely effective. the opponent missing allows me to set up a new Sub or Protect again, and with max PP in those two moves, as long as it's faster than the foe it can stall out 32 of the foe's PP. and obviously i'm running Toxic Orb with Poison Heal. and Toxic for epic stall/trolling.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

If you were doing that, Surely double team would be better? since then if your opponent switches out you still keep the boosts. Although its a gimmicky set anyway.
    Member of Crystalline

Start of turn 1

Rotom-W used Trick!
    Rotom-W switched items with the foe's Shedinja!
    Rotom-W obtained one Toxic Orb!
    The foe's Shedinja obtained one Choice Scarf!

The foe's Shedinja used Trick!
    The foe's Shedinja switched items with Rotom-W!
    The foe's Shedinja obtained one Toxic Orb!
    Rotom-W obtained one Choice Scarf!

taunt is common.

anyways. as far as creative sets go
    SUBPROTECT Gliscor with Sand Attack.
    It's total taunt bait, but it's insanely effective. the opponent missing allows me to set up a new Sub or Protect again, and with max PP in those two moves, as long as it's faster than the foe it can stall out 32 of the foe's PP. and obviously i'm running Toxic Orb with Poison Heal. and Toxic for epic stall/trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by from OP
    Creative =/= Gimmick. Not every set here has to be a gimmick, and to be honest, Gimmicks aren't really too good or useful. All we want are just creative movesets that will break away from the standards, but will still be usable.
    PLEASE DO NOT POST GIMMICKS. PLEASE. I BEG YOU. DON'T DO IT.

@ Sitrus Berry
    Levitate
    Bold
    16 Hp/ 240 Def/ 252 Sp. Def
    -Heal Bell
    -Stealth Rock
    -Extrasensory
    -Thunder Wave
    Maybe U-turn > Extrasenseory, so you can U-Turn out to a sweeper when the team is crippled

also, PLEASE EXPLAIN EVs SPREADS PLEASE!

Here's a Cobalion set I've used that I've yet to see anyone else mention. When most people think of the Muskedeers, all they tend think about are their offensive capabilities as a sweeper. When I first I first saw Cobalion's Steel/Fighting type and 129 base defense stat, I thought defensive beast.

'Cobalt'
    Cobalion
    Ability: Justified
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Careful (+Sp. Def, -Sp. Att.)
    EV's: 252 Hp, 128 Def., 130 Sp. Def.
    Moves:
    Sacred Sword
    Stone Edge
    Substitute
    Swords Dance

Even with no investment, 108 base speed is pretty good for a tank. The Careful nature may seem a little odd, but that slight boost in Sp. Def. can often keep it alive long enough to deliver a finishing blow. The only types you have to worry about are Fighting, Fire, and Ground; and even then only if they're of the special spectrum should you really be afraid. Works as great bait for switching in an Air Balloon-ed Chandelure or any Ghost or Flying type. Can also be brought in on a dragon locked into Outrage to set up, or on an incoming Dark type attack (ideally being Baton
    Passed a few Calm Minds to shore up that Sp. Def.) to get a free attack boost. Once in place, it's pretty straight forward: throw up a Substitute to block statuses and for free Leftovers recovery while you set up, set up 3 Swords Dances, Substitute more as needed, then let the iron goat tear a path through your opponent's team. Sacred Sword bypasses any defenses they try to set up to compensate for your Sword Dances, while Stone Edge provides some much needed coverage.

Edit: EV's are for max Leftovers recovery and survivability.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Yahweh (Arceus-Steel) @ Iron Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Recover
    - Roar
    - Stone Edge
    - Will-O-Wisp

An extremely useful supporter that I use in one of my Über teams. It can easily counter Extreme Killer Arceus and most physical sweepers, wall Dragon-type attacks all day ,serve as one of the best counters to Latias and Latios in existence, serve as a general pseudo-hazer, be a nuisance to the opponent's team in general by spreading burns, and with Stone Edge, the most creative and innovative part of this moveset, it also serves as an excellent Ho-Oh lure. Stone Edge also in general gives this Arceus-Steel the niche of being a Steel-type supporter against which Ho-Oh cannot just simply come in and get a free Substitute or Flame Charge, something that is extremely detrimental in my opinion, especially to the team in which I use this Arceus-Steel, as every one of its members get heavily damaged if not outright KO'd by one of its devastating Same Type Attack Bonus moves.

252 EVs in Speed along with a Jolly nature is to ensure that Arceus-Steel can at the very worst speed-tie with other Arceus (something that is very important as it is very necessary to be able to burn an opponent's +2 Arceus before they can use Brick Break or worse, Earthquake) to the detriment of its Special Attack, the only stat it does not need, while the 252 EVs in HP are to maximize its overall survivability since this Arceus-Steel is meant to serve as a double-sided wall, and the remaining 4 EVs are just put in Attack to make its Stone Edge slightly stronger.

Here's a Cobalion set I've used that I've yet to see anyone else mention. When most people think of the Muskedeers, all they tend think about are their offensive capabilities as a sweeper. When I first I first saw Cobalion's Steel/Fighting type and 129 base defense stat, I thought defensive beast.

'Cobalt'
    Cobalion
    Moves:
    Sacred Sword
    Stone Edge
    Substitute
    Swords Dance

Even with no investment, 108 base speed is pretty good for a tank. The Careful nature may seem a little odd, but that slight boost in Sp. Def. can often keep it alive long enough to deliver a finishing blow. The only types you have to worry about are Fighting, Fire, and Ground; and even then only if they're of the special spectrum should you really be afraid. Works as great bait for switching in an Air Balloon-ed Chandelure or any Ghost or Flying type. Can also be brought in on a dragon locked into Outrage to set up, or on an incoming Dark type attack (ideally being Baton
    Passed a few Calm Minds to shore up that Sp. Def.) to get a free attack boost. Once in place, it's pretty straight forward: throw up a Substitute to block statuses and for free Leftovers recovery while you set up, set up 3 Swords Dances, Substitute more as needed, then let the iron goat tear a path through your opponent's team. Sacred Sword bypasses any defenses they try to set up to compensate for your Sword Dances, while Stone Edge provides some much needed coverage.

That doesn't look like much of a tank to me. I would treat this set as more of a sweeper over a tank (mainly because of SD). If you wish it to be a tank, do something like Roar/Toxic/Sacred Sword and something else.

- Recover
    - Roar
    - Stone Edge
    - Will-O-Wisp

An extremely useful supporter that I use in one of my Über teams. It can easily counter Extreme Killer Arceus and most physical sweepers, wall Dragon-type attacks all day ,serve as one of the best counters to Latias and Latios in existence, serve as a general pseudo-hazer, be a nuisance to the opponent's team in general by spreading burns, and with Stone Edge, the most creative and innovative part of this moveset, it also serves as an excellent Ho-Oh lure. Stone Edge also in general gives this Arceus-Steel the niche of being a Steel-type supporter against which Ho-Oh cannot just simply come in and get a free Substitute or Flame Charge, something that is extremely detrimental in my opinion, especially to the team in which I use this Arceus-Steel, as every one of its members get heavily damaged if not outright KO'd by one of its devastating Same Type Attack Bonus moves.

252 EVs in Speed along with a Jolly nature is to ensure that Arceus-Steel can at the very worst speed-tie with other Arceus (something that is very important as it is very necessary to be able to burn an opponent's +2 Arceus before they can use Brick Break or worse, Earthquake) to the detriment of its Special Attack, the only stat it does not need, while the 252 EVs in HP are to maximize its overall survivability since this Arceus-Steel is meant to serve as a double-sided wall, and the remaining 4 EVs are just put in Attack to make its Stone Edge slightly stronger.
    This is a good Arceus set. I play Ubers a lot, and while I have the means to defeat it, Extremekiller Arceus is extremely annoying to me. That thing completely walls and potentially cripples the Extremekiller with Will-O-Wisp. I will consider using this set just to counter it.

Here's another set I find is somewhat useful:
    Hydreigon (Jolly nature)
    Item: Life Orb/ Choice Band
    Moves: Crunch
    Outrage
    Fire Fang
    U-turn

I admit that this is outclassed by other physical sweepers as Haxorus, Dragonite, and Salamence, but many people overlook how effective this set can be. Crunch and Outrage for STAB. Fire Fang is for steel types (and it gives you perfect coverage) and U-turn is so you can get out of battle if you have to. The EVs are those of a typical sweeper, so not much need be said.
    I will be less active as time goes on; I have many things to do to get into college and will be focusing on that, so if you don't hear from me for a while, just be patient. I will respond, but it may take some time.

Black FC: 1764-6597-3816

Spoiler:- claims:

That's just a physical hydreigon not that strong... it's pre-evolution can do better

Shuckle (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Power Split
    - Rollout
    - Rest
    - Defense Curl

This thing is just a BEAST nothing can 0HKO it and if something can it have sturdy..
    Power split just ruin all the attackers just ALL of them and powers up rollout, defense curl also raises the uninverted defece (+6= 2000 defense!) and rollout power, rest is a recovery move..

This set was posted in a POTW thread that was used in a video it can be really good if used right but prediction must be perfect... h and power split prevent set up sweepers from doing a GG and rollout can beat lot's of things especially after a power split

Was pretty successful at NU but that's all...

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

If you're using physical attacks, run Careful <_<; anyway, while its sleeping, it becomes setup bait.

Quote Originally Posted by 11tjcoulombe View Post
    If you're using physical attacks, run Careful <_<; anyway, while its sleeping, it becomes setup bait.
    It is on purpouse sience it uses power trick when his attack is lower he gains more attack and make the enemy's attack more useless

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokémon Trainer R View Post

- Recover
    - Roar
    - Stone Edge
    - Will-O-Wisp

cool set, but why Stone Edge on Steel-Arceus, why not use Rock-Arceus, same resist to ExtreemSpeed, STAB Stone Edge, and same moves

'Cobalt'
    Cobalion
    Moves:
    Sacred Sword
    Stone Edge
    Substitute
    Swords Dance

Nice, a Sub+SD set, I think adding a few more attack EVs so that after a SD it hits hard would work, but thats just me

Here's another set I find is somewhat useful:
    Hydreigon (Jolly nature)
    Item: Life Orb/ Choice Band
    Moves: Crunch
    Outrage
    Fire Fang
    U-turn

I admit that this is outclassed by other physical sweepers as Haxorus, Dragonite, and Salamence, but many people overlook how effective this set can be. Crunch and Outrage for STAB. Fire Fang is for steel types (and it gives you perfect coverage) and U-turn is so you can get out of battle if you have to. The EVs are those of a typical sweeper, so not much need be said.
    Yea, why would I use this over any other Physical Dragon. I know it gets U-turn, but imo that doesn't make it worth using moves such as Fire Fang in a set. Maybe a mixed set with Outrage to break through Blissey will work

Shuckle (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Power Split
    - Rollout
    - Rest
    - Defense Curl
    No, just no

cool set, but why Stone Edge on Steel-Arceus, why not use Rock-Arceus, same resist to ExtreemSpeed, STAB Stone Edge, and same moves
    It resist dragon, ice, psychic, and dark/ghost as well, which from my knowledge are all common in Uber.

Though I agree that there is probably a better attack for it, even if it helps it "lure", it'll probably want a more reliable attack like Judgement.

It resist dragon, ice, psychic, and dark/ghost as well, which from my knowledge are all common in Uber.

Though I agree that there is probably a better attack for it, even if it helps it "lure", it'll probably want a more reliable attack like Judgement.
    Iron Head gets surprising neutral coverage in Ubers, and is stronger than SE in the long run.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast