Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Creative and Innovative Movesets Thread (Read The Rules in the OP before Posting!)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMaster123 View Post

No, just no
    It it an annoyer in NU :P I annoyed like 5 people it works though but a set up sweeper is better anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

yea they are common, but then just use the Defensive Calm Mind set. That set can work, but Stone Edge looks odd to me. I'll test the set and come back with results

Hell, even Grass Knot can work, as it gets rid of Groudon and Kyorge, but SE looks REALLY weird

I chase the dream, not the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    It it an annoyer in NU :P I annoyed like 5 people it works though but a set up sweeper is better anyway...
    Not only is it a gimmick, your admitting in this post that set up sweepers do it better.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Heatran @ Leftovers / Life Orb
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
    - Magma Storm
    - Taunt / Substitute
    - Earth Power
    - Will-O-Wisp / Toxic / Hidden Power Ice

I made this set a while back and recently put it up on Smogon. The point of it is to trap opposing weather inducers for sun teams and demolish the opponent with Magma Storm. Heatran even mows through Blissey due to STAB + sun + Magma Storm + Taunt + Toxic, so there's not much the opponent can do to stop it. While it seems gimmicky, it can be just as useful as the normal offensive Heatran. You can further boost Heatran's Special Attack with a Life Orb or simply use an Air Balloon to avoid Dragon-types. If you do choose to run an Air Balloon, running Hidden Power Ice to defeat Dragons is recommended. Will-O-Wisp can also be used to beat down threatening physically-based attackers, and it is really useful against the likes of Tyranitar. All-in-all, it's a surprising set, but by no means gimmicky.
    ok 10charlimit

Thank you harsha for the informative moveset

adding to OP

EDIT, that is the kind of sets I want, not some stupid shuckle or physical Hydregion. Please heed Harsha's example

Quote Originally Posted by harsha View Post
    ok 10charlimit
    Hmm. Pretty good and almost exactly what I was going to post

@ Leftovers/Air Balloon
    Modest
    168 HP/180 SAtk/160 Spd
    Flash Fire
    - Flamethrower/Lava Plume
    - Earth Power/Substitute
    - Taunt
    - Toxic

Rather coincidentally like harsha's, but this one is an out and out stallbreaker. With its many key resistances and access to Taunt, Heatran can outspeed and nullify many common walls such as Skarmory and on occasion the pink blobs. It isn't a dyslexic Magikarp against offense either, as with its bulk and power it can deal with most sun teams and some others.

This set is quite flexible, and the EVs and moves can be tuned to your team's needs. Generally though, you'll want a STAB move such as Lava Plume or Fire Blast to deal with Skarmory and other things weak to Fire. Both Substitute and Earth Power work in the second slot, both having their own quirks. Earth Power deals with Tentacruel and opposing Heatran, while Substitute blocks against most status. Taunt and Toxic are staples for this set's stallbreaking role, however. The current EVs are enough to OHKO specially defensive Skarmory with Flamethrower after Stealth Rock while outspeeding Adamant Swords Dance Scizor. The remaining EVs are put into HP for bulk.

Good teammates for this set are ones that cover Heatran's weaknesses well and can eliminate his counters. Celebi and Latios achieve perfect synergy with Heatran while not encouraging Grounds to come in at all.

Shedinja @ Sticky Barb
    Jolly/252 HP/252 Speed
    -Final Gambit
    -Protect
    -Substitute
    -Sandstorm
    This set is quite flexible, and the EVs and moves can be tuned to your team's needs. Generally though, you'll want a STAB move such as Lava Plume or Fire Blast to deal with Skarmory and other things weak to Fire. Both Substitute and Earth Power work in the second slot, both having their own quirks. Earth Power deals with Tentacruel and opposing Heatran, while Substitute blocks against most status. Taunt and Toxic are staples for this set's stallbreaking role, however. The current EVs are enough to OHKO specially defensive Skarmory with Flamethrower after Stealth Rock while outspeeding Adamant Swords Dance Scizor. The remaining EVs are put into HP for bulk.
    It's already immune to will-o-wisp and toxic anyway.

I'd also do a calc for earth power against Tentacruel, but my damage calculator is in Russian. I think it's an early April Fools Day joke...

@ Zach, blocking Spore, T-Wave, and Sleep Powder, as well as Leech Seed is p. cool

anyway, maybe a spread of EVs: 124 HP / 180 SAtk / 204 Spd to outspeed Breloom so you can sub on the Spore is p cool as well.

anyways, after talking it over with some people, its good enough to add to thhe OP

Anyone remember when Smogon started their 5th Generation analysis and had than trashed Fling set for Gliscor? I tried it out and it's actually pretty good.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Not only is it a gimmick, your admitting in this post that set up sweepers do it better.
    Yep you are right ... it is too situational but it still worked a few times .

I have done some calculations and...
    works in the sun:

Haxorus
    @life orb
    EV: 252 Speed, 100 sp.attack, 156 attack
    Naive
    Dragon Dance/Swords dance
    HP fire
    Outrage
    Earthquake

well with 60 base sp.attack it can't do too much to lot's of pokemons but I found out it can always 2HKO ferrothorn,skarmory and scizor in the sun (those 3 are hard counters to haxorus didn't test it yet but in theory with this set it should sweep entire teams )

HP fire in the sun vs skarmory 252/0 impish skarmory: 55%-65%
    HP fire in the sun vs 252/252 ferrothorn: 55%-65%
    HP fire in the sun vs 252/0 scizor 95% -112.79 (75% chance to 0HKO) always after Stealth rock

HP fire in the sun vs 252/0 forretress 117.51%-138.98%
    +1 Outrage vs 252/252 impish chansey 80%-94%
    Neutral venusaur is also 0HKOed
    Virizion sun 3HKO (better use Outrage)
    Cloyster sun 2HKO
    Mamoswine sun 2HKO

(the ones in bold are it's "counters")

note: it 9HKO heatran with it.. but it have EQ which it can use after the HP fire (pops balloon)
    I think it worth testing

I will test it tomorrow and report

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Anyone remember when Smogon started their 5th Generation analysis and had than trashed Fling set for Gliscor? I tried it out and it's actually pretty good.
    I'll be completely honest, AcroFling Gliscor was one of the worst sets to ever be considered standard. It did nothing that the other sets couldn't do just as well, if not better. You could only poison one Pokemon, while Toxic would give you the ability to poison whatever you wanted. Sure, you got a good STAB move in Acrobatics, but you're still not sweeping through much without a boost, and the SD + Flying Gem set is far more effective at abusing its STABs.

works in the sun:

Haxorus
    @life orb
    Naive
    HP fire
    Outrage
    Earthquake

well with 60 base sp.attack it can't do too much to lot's of pokemons but I found out it can always 2HKO ferrothorn,skarmory and scizor in the sun (those 3 are hard counters to haxorus didn't test it yet but in theory with this set it should sweep entire teams )

HP fire in the sun vs 252/0 scizor 95% -112.79 (75% chance to 0HKO) always after Stealth rock

Cloyster sun 2HKO
    Mamoswine sun 2HKO

note: it 9HKO heatran with it.. but it have EQ which it can use after the HP fire (pops balloon)
    I think it worth testing

I would rather use Taunt instead of HP Fire, as it allows you to boost stats that ~matter~ and at that point, what can Ferrothorn do but sit and watch? Anyhow, HP Fire is far too situational, and using it just because you have a sun team is worse... Also you just weakened Haxorus's Attack for no reason, basically.

HP Fire haxorus? Even to 2hko skarm and ferro you have to sacrifice that great attack, and as for the calcs on scizor and mamo... those will just go ahead and do their damage regardless due to priority. As for heatran, you do realize that hp fire can't pop the balloon due to being absorbed right? Seriously, the standard works better in every way.

so metal

works in the sun:

Haxorus
    @life orb
    Naive
    HP fire
    Outrage
    Earthquake

Cloyster sun 2HKO
    Mamoswine sun 2HKO

I think it worth testing

yea, what Harsha said, and these only work in sun anyways

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
    Timid
    252 HP/4 SpAtk/252 Speed
    Pressure
    Taunt
    Calm Mind
    Psystrike
    Aura Sphere/Ice Beam/any of Mewtwo's giant special movepool

I'm pretty sure this was the standard last gen. This gen, you can still Taunt every wall in the tier and set up and sweep. It's basically a better Latias in Ubers.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

I like to use my Dual Chop/Night Slash/Earthquake/Dragon Dance set, and merely support it with Volcarona, which is successful BOTH in sun and rain...

A short presentation with MY signature set:

Salamence @ Yache Berry/Leftovers

Ability: Intimidate (cannot have Moxie with this moveset)

200 Att, 110 DEF, 200 Speed, Jolly Nature

Moveset: Dragon Claw, Roost, Iron Defense, Dragon Dance

This is totally different than your normal set Salamence, and I've used it to suddenly wall otherwise offensive teams. Dragon Claw is there for STAB and attack when it sets up, or otherwise simply sweep. Roost is of course to recover damage it has absorbed while setting up. Iron Defense to wall physical opponents (ESPECIALLY Ice-types), thus making it potentially last longer. Dragon Dance to outspeed and outgun opponents.

As this pokemon CAN take time to set up, assistance is required, from rock, fire, electric, and other types to counter bulky waters, steels, and other such pokemon that are easily able to take this dragon on, even after setup. Special attackers are to be watched out for, as well as pokemon with Ice-type and other priority moves.

Status-inflictors are also a hazard, so be sure not to spend TOO much time in setting up in the event that a wall comes to greet you. (Trust me, I've suffered through parahax with this thing against a ferrothorn, and I HAD to set up eventually or die, and it was NOT fun.)

As for weather, be sure that it sits either in rain or sun, as Sand and Hail hurt it, and the object of this moveset is to keep Salamence alive for as long as possible, so the use of a Ninetales or a Politoed (or heck, even BOTH) is encouraged to throw off your opponent.

Similar sets may also be used with other pokemon, and it has been effective through testing.
    Check out my newly-opened Trade Shop!!!
    ------------
    I have claimed Volcarona!
    ----------------
    FC: 3411 0844 2159

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Mewtwo @ Leftovers
    Timid
    252 HP/4 SpAtk/252 Speed
    Pressure
    Taunt
    Calm Mind
    Psystrike
    Aura Sphere/Ice Beam/any of Mewtwo's giant special movepool

I'm pretty sure this was the standard last gen. This gen, you can still Taunt every wall in the tier and set up and sweep. It's basically a better Latias in Ubers.
    this is just the bulky attacker set with taunt and max HP Evs (which is stupid, Mewtwo isn;t THAT bulky, so abuse its base 154 SpA to kill everything)

@ avove, why on earth would I use that set, it can't touch any steel-types, even with Iron defense most attacks are special. I mean, if you want a defensive dragon, use Fat Mence or Dragonite. But Iron Defense. Really <.<

You just reminded me of someone I faced who barely beat me using all very creative movesets, here are the ones I remember;

Dragonite @ leftovers
    Multiscale
    Rest
    Dragon tail
    Road
    Sleep talk

I didn't expect a stall nite, especially one like this. Considering every Dragonite I have seen other than this one has been used for sweeps this guy caught me off guard.

Jirachi @ leftovers
    Serene grace
    Iron head
    Thunder wave
    Wish
    Cosmic power

This set SPAMMED cosmic power. He happened to use this thing the day I tried a team with no boosting moves, not one of my best days mind you.

Sorry I don't have the EV spreads, but they were not my pokemon

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Dragonite @ leftovers
    Multiscale
    Rest
    Dragon tail
    Road
    Sleep talk

I didn't expect a stall nite, especially one like this. Considering every Dragonite I have seen other than this one has been used for sweeps this guy caught me off guard.
    Is multiscale even legal with sleep talk?

Anyway, I don't see a point in two phasing moves. I'd swap one out for something else.

I'm with Zachmac on this one. There is no point in using two phasing moves. Usually one or the other is better than both. And I'm not really sure about Sleep Talk being legal with Multiscale.

Here's a Kyurem set that I've used to good success (not to mention it's unique and not on Smogon's moveset list):

Kyurem (Hasty/Naive nature; either one works)
    Item: Red Card
    EV spread: 100 Attk, 156 Sp.Attk, 252 Speed OR 252 Sp.Attk, 252 Speed, 4 Attk.
    Moves: Hone Claws
    Blizzard
    Focus Blast
    Outrage

This set aims to utilize Kyurem's awesome high-base power attacking moves while removing that pitiful accuracy problem. Set up Hone claws as they switch out, only to have them attack and get forced out with Red Card (which, depending on the situation, may give you two attack and accuracy boosts). From there, obliterate everything with Blizzard. Focus Blast is for steels, and Outrage is to prevent Blissey from having an opportunity to come in on you.

The EVs depend on how strong you'd like Outrage to be after a Hone Claws boost. In my first version, I treat it as more of a mixed sweeper with its 100 Attack EVs and 156 Sp. Attk EVs. The second set treats Kyurem as more of a special sweeper with Outrage to top things off. Speed is obvious in both sets.
    I will be less active as time goes on; I have many things to do to get into college and will be focusing on that, so if you don't hear from me for a while, just be patient. I will respond, but it may take some time.

Black FC: 1764-6597-3816

Spoiler:- claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Though I agree that there is probably a better attack for it, even if it helps it "lure", it'll probably want a more reliable attack like Judgement.
    Quote Originally Posted by magikarprules View Post
    Iron Head gets surprising neutral coverage in Ubers, and is stronger than SE in the long run.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonMaster123 View Post
    yea they are common, but then just use the Defensive Calm Mind set. That set can work, but Stone Edge looks odd to me. I'll test the set and come back with results

Hell, even Grass Knot can work, as it gets rid of Groudon and Kyorge, but SE looks REALLY weird
    What? Did I not already explain in my very first post that Stone Edge's purpose is to make the Arceus-Steel a Pokémon against which Ho-Oh cannot just simply come in easily and set up a Substitute or Flame Charge for free (as Arceus-Steel switches out in fear of being roasted by Sacred Fire), before proceeding to hit a member of its opponent's team extremely hard, if not KO them with one of its incredibly powerful Same Type Attack Bonus moves? Neither Judgment, nor Iron Head, nor especially Grass Knot can do anything at all against Ho-Oh, and this, combined with Ho-Oh's immunity to Will-o-Wisp, means that in the absence of Stone Edge, the opponent can simply send out their Ho-Oh at any instance in which this Arceus-Steel is out, since Arceus-Steel cannot touch it, before proceeding to either set up a Flame Charge or a Substitute, or it just could go straight for the attack, resulting in a huge risk of the Arceus-Steel's trainer getting their Kyogre or Palkia heavily damaged on the switch by Brave Bird, or similar things like that happening. However, by simply choosing Stone Edge as this Arceus-Steel's attack, this entire situation is prevented, as with its higher Speed, Arceus-Steel can just crush the opponent's Ho-Oh with Stone Edge and solve the entire problem instead of being forced to switch out, which would be the case if it had any other move in Stone Edge's place.

true, but I'd rather have a Pokemon named T-Tar or Rock-Arceus to deal with Ho-Oh, as Scarf Variants still switch in safely and OHKO with Scared Fire (unless in rain). So I would switch out of regardless because of the possibility of a Scarfed variant.

Nevertheless, I said I would test it, and I will, looks like a pretty cool set

Kyurem (Hasty/Naive nature; either one works)
    Item: Red Card
    EV spread: 100 Attk, 156 Sp.Attk, 252 Speed OR 252 Sp.Attk, 252 Speed, 4 Attk.
    Moves: Hone Claws
    Blizzard
    Focus Blast
    Outrage

This set aims to utilize Kyurem's awesome high-base power attacking moves while removing that pitiful accuracy problem. Set up Hone claws as they switch out, only to have them attack and get forced out with Red Card (which, depending on the situation, may give you two attack and accuracy boosts). From there, obliterate everything with Blizzard. Focus Blast is for steels, and Outrage is to prevent Blissey from having an opportunity to come in on you.

The EVs depend on how strong you'd like Outrage to be after a Hone Claws boost. In my first version, I treat it as more of a mixed sweeper with its 100 Attack EVs and 156 Sp. Attk EVs. The second set treats Kyurem as more of a special sweeper with Outrage to top things off. Speed is obvious in both sets.
    http://www.smogon.com/forums//showthread.php?t=3461931

yea, this set was rejected on Smogon for a reason, and if the opponent switches in a Pokemon such as Infernape on a Hone Claws, you'll switch out anyways, as CC will OHKO you.

Dragonite @ leftovers
    Multiscale
    Rest
    Dragon tail
    Road
    Sleep talk
    Please, add EV spreads, as well as a nature with your sets. and yea, Sleep Talk is illegal with Mulitiscale, Rest is pointless on a Pokemon with Roost, and 2 phazing moves make no sense whatsoever

Jirachi @ leftovers
    Serene grace
    Iron head
    Thunder wave
    Wish
    Cosmic power
    This set looks the Sp Defensive set on-site plus Cosmic Power. While I'm not saying this is a bad set, I'm just saying that it looks odd in that spot, but I will test it anyways

However, one cannot have both an Arceus-Steel and an Arceus-Rock in the same team, and Tyranitar is also a very undesirable Pokémon to have in many Über teams, since many of them attempt to abuse either the rain or the Sun provided by Kyogre or Groudon respectively, and the Armor Pokémon's Ability conflicts with that. And since the only other commonly-used Pokémon in Übers that resists both Brave Bird and Sacred Fire is Zekrom, which strongly dislikes being burned by the latter, I believe that it is generally much better for Arceus-Steel to have an attack that can KO Ho-Oh, rather than putting something else in the team specifically to resist both of Ho-Oh's Same Type Attack Bonus moves (and from my experience, most teams, especially those that are generally more offense-oriented, could hardly afford to have a spot taken up just for that purpose anyway).

Also, it is true that Choice Scarf Ho-Oh in the Sun would destroy this Arceus-Steel before it gets the chance to fire a Stone Edge. But not only are such Ho-Oh rather uncommon, but they are also not that threatening overall in my opinion, due to their lack of Life Orb, Recover and moves like Substitute and Flame Charge, and also the fact that Choice Scarf locks them into one attack. If you fear Arceus-Steel being taken out by such a Ho-Oh, then you could simply switch it out the first time you see the Rainbow Pokémon, and then observe whether or not the opponent's Ho-Oh recovers any health from Leftovers or loses any health from Life Orb, and then battle accordingly. If the opponent's Ho-Oh does turn out to not have Choice Scarf, Arceus-Steel can then crush it with Stone Edge the next time Ho-Oh appears before it.

In any case, if this helps in your testing, below is "Divine Lightning", the team in which my Arceus-Steel was specifically designed to be used. It peaked at #4 on the DW Ubers ladder on the Pokémon Online server with 1607 points, and is probably my third most successful Über team ever. Since I am currently taking a break from laddering until the release of Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (at which point the metagame would probably look very different anyway, making the teams that I currently use most likely irrelevant in it), I guess there would be no harm in revealing my team here:

Lucifer (Thundurus) (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Focus Blast
    - Taunt
    - Thunder Wave
    - Thunderbolt

Uriel (Latios) (M) @ Soul Dew
    Trait: Levitate
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Psyshock
    - Surf
    - Thunder

Raphael (Kyogre) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Drizzle
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Thunder
    - Water Spout

Gabriel (Palkia) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Focus Punch
    - Spacial Rend
    - Substitute
    - Thunder

Michael (Dialga) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Aura Sphere
    - Draco Meteor
    - Stealth Rock
    - Thunder

Yahweh (Arceus-Steel) @ Iron Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Recover
    - Roar
    - Stone Edge
    - Will-O-Wisp

Tyranitar is also a very undesirable Pokémon to have in many Über teams, since many of them attempt to abuse either the rain or the Sun provided by Kyogre or Groudon respectively, and the Armor Pokémon's Ability conflicts with that.
    What are you talking about, Tyranitar and Sand is very viable in Ubers.

Also good looking team you got there : P

Thank you very much.

Also, I never said that Tyranitar and sand teams were not viable in Übers. If an Über team is a sand team, then obviously it would not need to care much about Ho-Oh as Tyranitar can pretty much completely counter it most of the time. This however, does not change the fact that most weather-dependent teams in the tier use either Kyogre or Groudon, and Tyranitar is surely a hindrance to such teams. As such, if a team is either a rain team or a Sun team, like most Über teams such as the one I just posted are, then simply putting a Tyranitar in the team to counter Ho-Oh would not be a viable option at all.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast