Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Creative and Innovative Movesets Thread (Read The Rules in the OP before Posting!)

That Xatu is setup fodder for Extreme Killer Arceus with a Lum Berry. Shadow Claw OHKOes Xatu before it can use Haze.
    Also, Xatu does not completely wall Ferro. Choice Band Gyro Ball 2HKOes cleanly.

Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 4 Spd
    Modest nature (+Sp.Atk, - Atk)

- Nasty Plot
    - Thunder Wave
    - Air Slash
    - Aura Sphere / Roost

This set works great in OU because of Togekiss's great bulk, access to Nasty Plot, and Serene Grace. First, use Nasty Plot on a Pokemon that can be used as setup fodder(such as Jellicent) and as it flees, use Thunder Wave on the switch-in. Any Pokemon that doesn't resist it(and isn't named Lucario) will not only get 2HKOed, but also they only have a 30% chance of moving every turn. Aura Sphere provides great coverage, striking fear into Blissey, Chansey and other special walls. However, Roost can be used over Aura Sphere to maintain Togekiss's HP.

All Pokémon have weaknesses. And that Xatu not being able to wall Choice Band Ferrothorn doesn't matter, because in the event that the opponent's Ferrothorn holds such an item (which is exceedingly rare anyway), it can then be walled easily by another Pokémon like Ho-Oh or Dialga. The entire point of walling Ferrothorn with Xatu in the first place is so that it cannot use Leech Seed, Thunder Wave or set up entry hazards. But if the opponent's Ferrothorn is an attacking Pokémon with Choice Band, then simply counter it with one of the myriad of Pokémon that can easily take its physical attacks.

TrollFreak has asked TerraWolf to take over this project for him, so I've given ownership to him. With BW2 coming out, this is also a great time to share new creative sets that work well in the new, developing metagame.

Giga Drain Gengar. Not necessarily new since it was a 4th Gen TM move, but it's a tutored move in BW2. Often unexpected. With Levitate it can switch into Ground attacks withut penalty and Water/Ground types like Gastrodon don't see it coming. Also pairs really well with a Life Orb with pesudo-recovery.

I have claimed Giratina

Torterra @ life orb/leftovers
    Adamant
    Overgrowth
    252 hp/252 atk/4 spd
    Synthesis
    Rock polish
    Earthquake
    Stone edge/ wood hammer

I made this set a long time ago, here is how it works. 95/105/85 defenses aren't to bad, so you rock polish until you get +6 spd. Then you either go on the offensive or heal up with synthesis. Stone edge is for flying types while wood hammer can be a good stab. Obviously it won't work in the now weather infested Ou, unless you want to run it in sun.
    Very gimmicky. Also with just about anything in OU running HP Ice or Ice Beam makes this is easy to beat. Plus Torterra is bad in OU. Also, Torterra absolutely needs grass stab or else its running in a pointless circle. If this was proven to work at +2 speed with maybe Giga Drain in the fourth slot then I'd consider it. And just simply put, 4 Spe is not even anywhere close to being enough to use in OU.

Gastrodon (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Clear Smog
    - Recover
    - Yawn

Hazer gastordon he is bulky enough to do it and it is no long a set up fodder..
    Scald is STAB and it also have the useful burn, clear smog is a offensive haze which sadly doesn't affect steel types, recover is a must on every gastordon bulky set it brings durability to him, yawn is to pseudo haze steel types except the ones who use substitute.
    This set looks like it has some potential. Maybe look over it and consider Earth Power or Ice Beam over Clear Smog. I'd go with Earth Power or Ice Beam over Clear Smog seeing that any Pokemon that wants to get to at least +2 runs Substitute.

Swampert@Lefties
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Def
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature: Adamant
    Moves:
    -Substitute
    -Waterfall
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Punch
    One time when I saw Swampy could have 404 HP I thought of making a sub set and it really works. I set up a sub when someone switches out. Seismic Toss can't take out the sub in one hit. EQ and Waterfall are STAB. Ice Punch kills Grass types that can't touch you when your behind a sub. EVs maximize attacking power.
    This is a very basic Sub + 3 Attack set. There are plenty of Pokemon that can run a sub + 3 Attack set much better than Swampert. Plus there is litterally no way to get past Skarmory, Ferrothorn or Forretress which is what the point of Sub sets are, to get past a Pokemon that can check itself, such as Alakazam using Sub to get around Scizor.

Lucario@Life Orb
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 SpA
    Ability: Justified
    Nature: Brave
    Moves:
    -Work Up
    -Extreme Speed
    -Bullet Punch
    -Vacuum Wave
    I just made this set today and made a team with him. It works great. People switch out expecting a Close Combat. That's when I set up a Work Up, even though it can function without one. Bullet Punch and Vacuum Wave is STAB with priority so I don't wory about being outsped. E-Speed is more powerful priority. The boost in Atk and SpA makes him hit hard. Him being mixed offenses makes him very surprising to the opponent. EVs maximize hitting power while not having to worry about having no speed because all of his attacks are priority. Same goes for Brave nature.
    This is a very interesting set. The only thing is that some speed may be useful seeing that Breloom KO's this without the need to Spore it. I was considering replacing Vacuum Wave with something similar to HP Ice and also changing the EVs to 252 Atk / 40 SpA / 216 Spe. Also the nature would likely be Naive.

NapeOut (infernape) @ normal gem
    Blaze
    Jolly
    4 hp/252 atk/ 252 spd
    Fake out
    Acrobatics
    Close combat
    Flare blitz

So here is how the set works; Infernape comes in and gets a boosted fake out (no smogon set currently runs fake out). Then you can follow up with whichever attack you want, flare blitz and close combat are stab, while acrobatics gets a power up after the fake out. You could also run it rash, change up the eve's to something like 128/128/252 offenses and use flamethrower and vacuum wave. Both stabs and now it would be priority abusive
    Its a nice try but since Infernape doesn't get unburden, its not really worth it. Also, Acrobatics doesn't counter anything Close Combat or Flare Blitz doesn't take care of since there really aren't that many Fighting or Grass types that want to even be on the same screen as Infernape.

*Insert Serpentine's Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan sets here*
    Both sets are very standard for the Pokemon, which is the opposite of what this thread is trying to promote.

Hitmontop
    Technician/Intimidate
    Jolly/Adamant
    4 HP?252 Atk/252 Spd
    Dark Gem

Rapid Spin
    Sucker Punch
    Foresight
    Close Combat

Foresight with Rapid Spin and Close Combat... Again... Then Sucker Punch hits ghosts hard.

Another option is Pursuit. If you Foresight a Ghost-type, more than likely they're gonna get a little scared so they may switch out. Another thing, Pursuit when they switch is just as strong as Sucker Punch.
    Foresight and Sucker Punch are completely useless on one set. I like to compare it to carrying an iPod Touch and an iPhone around. One is ok at times, but the other is the bigger and better version which should be used.

Kabutops
    Swift Swim
    Jolly/Adamant
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Dark Gem

Rapid Spin
    Night Slash
    Rain Dance/Rock Polish/Stone Edge
    Aqua Jet/Waterfall

You don't need Rain Dance for long since you just need it for the speed boost. You could free up a space for another strong move like Stone Edge by having someone else use Rain Dance (but no drizzletoeds since it's illegal) or Rock Polish which does essentially the same thing as Swift Swim. Rapid Spin because you need it for Kabutops to be a Spinner. Night Slash is super effective against all Ghost types except for two which are the ones with no weaknesses. Then Aqua Jet for Priority or Waterfall for a strong STAB.
    Kabutops was never really good at spinning to begin with. Starmie was able to handle most hazards in gen IV without the assistance of rain. Plus this tends to be a pretty standard Kabutops sets.

Gengar@Life Orb
    Timid
    Levitate
    4 HP/252 SpAtt/252 Spe
    -Destiny Bond
    -HP-Fire/Protect/Taunt
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast

This set has a lot of surprise value on an offensive team and can do its job surprisingly well. The role of Gengar is really a sweeper in this sense, but it can be used as a one time sacrifice to remove your team of powerful HO sweepers to clear the way for yours. This set bluffs LO Gengar sets (SubSplit and Sub + 3 attacks), dragging in things that would RK it, such as TTar, Scizor, and pretty much any powerful sweeper in general. with a Timid 110 Spe, it pretty much outspeeds every single boosting sweeper in OU (and speed ties with Latios). Simply put, it can stop SD and CB Terrakion, SD and CB Haxorus, SD Virizion, Infernape, Tyranitar, SD and CB Landorus, non-scarf Rotom-W, and much more. It can also make speed-boosting sweepers a little hesitant towards attacking, such as DD Dragonite, RP Terrakion, and other stuff.

You could also theoretically run a Scarf set to counter all of the Speed boosters out there, but I feel it really hinders Gengar's ability as a lure and killer.
    This Gengar set is beyond standard. Only thing its missing is Thunderbolt to be a normal Gengar.

Getting late. Gonna get to everyone that I didn't get to by Monday and should have the OP updated by then as well

Lazy **** Terra, guess I gotta pick up the slack huh

Honchkrow: Super Luck/Moxie
    Persian: Limber
    Skuntank: Stench
    Nature: Timid or Jolly. Can vary whether or not you need bulk
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Spd 4 to Def or Sp Def. Can vary whether you need more bulk in one defense or not.

Swagger
    Foul Play
    Screech
    Filler
    No, just no

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Judgment
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Substitute
    yea, P. Standard, just Sub>Will-O

Wisemon (Xatu) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Haze
    - Night Shade
    - Roost
    - Toxic
    I like it so far, Lemme get back to on this one

Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers

- Nasty Plot
    - Thunder Wave
    - Air Slash
    - Aura Sphere / Roost
    Standard NP set w/ T-Wave

I chase the dream, not the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    That Xatu is setup fodder for Extreme Killer Arceus with a Lum Berry. Shadow Claw OHKOes Xatu before it can use Haze.
    Also, Xatu does not completely wall Ferro. Choice Band Gyro Ball 2HKOes cleanly.

Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers

- Nasty Plot
    - Thunder Wave
    - Air Slash
    - Aura Sphere / Roost
    Isn't this one already kinda standard?

Anyways, here's a Latias one 'cause who has a problem with Latias? :3

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Recover
    - Refresh

Really, this Latias was made to set up and deal with Ferro's at any time without the aid of HP Fire. The EV's allow for it to never be 2HKO'd by standard Ferros Gyro Ball whilst retaining a decent speed, at least, still enough to outpace Jolly max speed Dragonite. Setting up on something like Blissey as well who try to wall this set is absolutely breathtaking. The crown jewel of this set is Refresh to help her not care about status all that much, and of course Recover. We all know what Recover's for. I've used this set many times before to great success.

After setting up enough to plus +3 things'll be looking your way. But you know, she still likes for certain Steel types and Scarf'd physical Dragons to be gone tho. ^^

"i unno man im just a pawniard"

vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet

I had played around with Pain Split Forretress before, but I was inspiried by a set that Scarfwynaut posted. This thing has just played great overall.

Forretress@Leftovers
    Bold
    Sturdy
    252 HP, 204 Def, 52 SpA
    -Spikes
    -Rapid Spin
    -HP Ice
    -Pain Split

Forretress is great because it's the only spinner that can safely spin on some Dragons, namely Haxorus. LO DD Haxorus's Rain-boosted Aqua Tail only does about 61% damage max at +1, and anything less won't even 2HKO. Pain Split is also really great for Forretress right now. It can switch into random Outrages and Earthquakes really well, but it can be worn down over time without recovery. Pain Split offers a little something, and it lets you stall out things that can't hurt you much, like Skarmory and non-Flamethrower Blissey. This can dramatically improve Forretress's survivability. HP Ice is also a great tool to have, and it makes Forry a great addition to teams that just need something to take Outrages and hit back. With 52 EVs, HP Ice 2HKOs Landorus, Gliscor (factoring in no Poison Heal or Poison Heal + Stealth Rock), Salamence, and even Dragonite once Multiscale is broken. It also is guaranteed a 3HKO against Haxorus, which is really nice if you can bring Forretress in as Haxorus is trapped into Outrage. Besides that, you have your basic hazard and spinning utility. I prefer Spikes since Forry is a great Spikes setter and so many other things can use Stealth Rock instead. However, either Stealth Rock or Toxic Spikes can be used if it fits your team better.

Wisemon (Xatu) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Haze
    - Night Shade
    - Roost
    - Toxic
    Making Terra add this to the OP under Ubers, great set!

EDIT- going to suggest this

@ Haban Berry
    Trait: Turboblaze
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature / Modest Nature
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Ice Beam
    - Focus Blast
    - Fusion Flare / Roost

With Haban Berry, you fend off most of the Dragon-type Pokemon in the tier. You outpace slower Dragons such as Reshiram, Zekrom, and Dialga, while Speed tying with Rayquaza, Kyruem-White and Black. With this, you beat up on slower dragons, and if ant Dragon is faster than you, ie Palkia or Choice Scarfers, thanks to Haban, you can tank the attack and KO it. Of course, you need alot of HP as to ensure you don't take too much damage, but I found it effective in getting rid of other dragons without using Choice Scarf. Dragon Pulse and Ice Beam are STABs that hit hard as hell even without Choice Specs or Life Orb, Focus Blast deals with Diagla, Tyranitar, and other Steel-type Pokemon such as Ferro and Arceus-Steel. If using this in sun, Fusion Flare is nice as it roasts Scizor, Ferro, Forry, and Skarmory, as well as Arceus-Steel in sun, but Roost is nice in healing off damage and keeping Kyruem alive long enough to take care of those Dragons.

Nothing amazing, but it's a fun set.

Modest @ Pressure
    232 HP / 32 Def / 80 SpA / 32 SpD / 136 Spe
    Substitute / Roost / Earth Power / Ice Beam (Dragon Pulse)

The HP EVs give it 449 HP at level 100, which is a leftovers number plus one, while giving it nice 112 HP subs. The Spe EVs are to outspeed max speed neutral natured base 80's (primarily Dragonite, among others). Thirty-two EVs in both defenses give it a bit of added bulk, and the remaining EVs are dumped into SpA, basically giving it the same SpA at a max +natured 108. Substitute + Roost in conjunction with Pressure allow for the stalling out of low PP moves, such as Gyro Ball. Earth Power and Ice Beam get almost flawless coverage together, though you could substitute Dragon Pulse over Ice Beam, as it also gets basically flawless coverage with Earth Power.

Why not use enough enough EVs to hit 404, since its a leftys number and it gives you 101 HP Subs, which is basically what you need. Also, you need more Speed for it to work, like outpacing base 90s. and the defense EVs should be moved into Special Attack if they don't do anything special. Other than that, consider moves such as Focus Blast and HP Fire, but great set, I'll try it!

I tried that out 404 HP, but I decided a bit more HP investment would be better to take advantage of its nice defenses, and good resistances. More speed would probably be useful, to outspeed max Spe neutral base 90's (although I'd have to take some out of HP and the defenses for that, though it would be nice to stall out Close Combat from Lucario). As for HP Fire/Focus Miss, you already beat Ferrothorn, and other steels anyway (you can stall out Gyro Ball, Power Whip isn't doing squat, and Sub protects against Leech Seed). Basically the only steel type that's a hassle is Bronzong, which can't do anything to you (again, you stall out Gyro Ball). Some other options to consider would be Roar, at the cost of coverage, though it would probably work in conjunction with hazard support. Glaciate could be used over Ice Beam if you've got a Sub up, since faster stuff would no longer be an issue.

Noctowl@Leaftovers
    Ability:Tinted Lens
    Nature:Modest
    Ev´s:252HP/252Sp.Att./4Speed
    Moves:
    -Silver Wind
    -Roost
    -Substitute
    -Extrasensory

May seem a bit gimik, but it works.

Deoxys-S @Choic Specs/Choice Scarf
    Trait: Pressure
    Evs: 4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature or Modest Nature
    -Psycho Boost/ Psychic / Psyshock
    -Ice Beam/ Grass Knot/ Shadow Ball
    -Thunderbolt/ Thunder/ Singnal Beam
    -Foucus Blast/ Hidden Power [Fire]/ Trick

Phsycho Boost hits lots of thing hard, but you may need to switch more often. Psychic is more reliable, but dosent hit as hard, the ocasional special deffense drop is good though. Psyshock kills special walls but dosent KO anything else. Ice beam hurts most dragons, Lugia and Groudon hard (2HKOing Groudon). GRass knot with choice specs OHKOes Groudon 100% of the time, but i dont think it dose anything else. Shadow ball deals with Mewtwo ( if im correct, choice specs can OTKO Mewtwo). Thunderbolt dosen't do anything important, exept hit koygre harder, wont kill him before he killes you (choice speces is to slow to hit Choice scarf Kyogre 2 times in a row, and choice scarf dosen't hit hard enogh). Thunder is the same as thunderbolt, just a bit stronger. Signal beam is too weak and the counfusion chance is too low, but if you dont use shadow ball neither foucus blast then it your next best choice. Foucus blast OTKOes Darkrai and (i think) OHKOes Normal arceus.
    Hidden Power fire only hits Ferrotorn, Fortress, Scramory and Scizor harder. Trick is just to cripple walls.
    The EVs are nothing special. Anything that dosent OHKO Deoxys-s will deal around 80% no mater the investment in deffensise.
    I preffere to use Choice Specs since you can't outrun much with choice scarf (exept for choice scarf kygre , witch you wont kill anyways). Also were you would die to Arcues's extreemspeed (you can survive 1) you can kill it with choice specs. If you use the choice scarf use Modest nature because you will earn almost nothing with timid. But the specs are best with Timid to out run as many things as possible, but Modest bosts special attack further ( you wont get any important KOs though).

Quote Originally Posted by 5221A View Post
    May seem a bit gimik, but it works.

Deoxys-S @Choic Specs/Choice Scarf
    Trait: Pressure
    Evs: 4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature or Modest Nature
    -Psycho Boost/ Psychic / Psyshock
    -Ice Beam/ Grass Knot/ Shadow Ball
    -Thunderbolt/ Thunder/ Singnal Beam
    -Foucus Blast/ Hidden Power [Fire]/ Trick

Phsycho Boost hits lots of thing hard, but you may need to switch more often. Psychic is more reliable, but dosent hit as hard, the ocasional special deffense drop is good though. Psyshock kills special walls but dosent KO anything else. Ice beam hurts most dragons, Lugia and Groudon hard (2HKOing Groudon). GRass knot with choice specs OHKOes Groudon 100% of the time, but i dont think it dose anything else. Shadow ball deals with Mewtwo ( if im correct, choice specs can OTKO Mewtwo). Thunderbolt dosen't do anything important, exept hit koygre harder, wont kill him before he killes you (choice speces is to slow to hit Choice scarf Kyogre 2 times in a row, and choice scarf dosen't hit hard enogh). Thunder is the same as thunderbolt, just a bit stronger. Signal beam is too weak and the counfusion chance is too low, but if you dont use shadow ball neither foucus blast then it your next best choice. Foucus blast OTKOes Darkrai and (i think) OHKOes Normal arceus.
    Hidden Power fire only hits Ferrotorn, Fortress, Scramory and Scizor harder. Trick is just to cripple walls.
    The EVs are nothing special. Anything that dosent OHKO Deoxys-s will deal around 80% no mater the investment in deffensise.
    I preffere to use Choice Specs since you can't outrun much with choice scarf (exept for choice scarf kygre , witch you wont kill anyways). Also were you would die to Arcues's extreemspeed (you can survive 1) you can kill it with choice specs. If you use the choice scarf use Modest nature because you will earn almost nothing with timid. But the specs are best with Timid to out run as many things as possible, but Modest bosts special attack further ( you wont get any important KOs though).
    Don't mean to shoot you in-between the eyes but Deoxys is banned bar its Defence form. On top of that, all of what you've listed is the wrong way. Use Special Attack EVs if you're using a special sweeper. On top of that, if you're going for a sweeper, you just need a Speed boosting nature due to the sheer agility. To boot since this is the Uber tier we're talking about, it is severely outclassed by many others (its Attack from in particular) in the offensive department and is best used at providing speedy defence.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

^He listed Lugia and Groudon, so he is using it in Ubers...

Anyways, I'd say that Focus Sash Deo-A is about as powerful as that, has the same coverage as that, and can use Extremespeed to pick off stuff easier.
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Don't mean to shoot you in-between the eyes but Deoxys is banned bar its Defence form. On top of that, all of what you've listed is the wrong way. Use Special Attack EVs if you're using a special sweeper. On top of that, if you're going for a sweeper, you just need a Speed boosting nature due to the sheer agility. To boot since this is the Uber tier we're talking about, it is severely outclassed by many others (its Attack from in particular) in the offensive department and is best used at providing speedy defence.
    Im talking about Ubers...
    Typo on the Evs.
    And why would you use a speed boosting nature if he outruns almost every scraf user with scarf WITHOUT a boosting nature. He dosent outrun much more with Timid (without scarf).
    He, unlike his attack form he has defensise (60/90/90 is not so bad). He can take a 2 hits from Groudon (not choice band) and OHKO it. He can do the same to Mewtwo, Rayquasa, Tryantar, Blazakin, Salamence, Garchomp, Darkrai (not sash or scarf) and may more. He also treatens a lot of commone Uber pokes.

You're really going to want Timid unless you're running a Scarf. With Modest, you only speed tie with a large number of Scarved Pokemon (the base 90s, which includes Dialga, Kyogre, Ho-Oh, Zekrom, and Reshiram), which can be dangerous. You also miss out on outspeeding +1 Rayquaza, Scarf Kyurem-W and Kyurem-B, Scarf Palkia, Scarf Garchomp, a variety of Swift Swim and Chlorophyll users, and of course you lose a chance to beat and kill an opposing Deoxys-S before it sets up another screen or entry hazard.

And why would you use a speed boosting nature if he outruns almost every scraf user with scarf WITHOUT a boosting nature. He dosent outrun much more with Timid (without scarf).
    basically what Jesus said....you miss out on outrunning pretty much everything. deoxys-s isnt really used much as an attacker, but more support. deoxys-s can be used in attacking, but ive only ever seen a scarf modest set ever work.

He, unlike his attack form, has defensise (60/90/90 is not so bad).
    in a tier filled with overpowered pokemon.....60/90/90 is good? thats like, below average in OU, let alone ubers. if you are going to use an attacker, arceus is your best bet. with 120/120/120 defenses, and 120/120 attack/SpA, and 120 speed, its much more bulky, less predictable, and generally.....better.

*usable defenses

He can do the same to Mewtwo, Rayquasa, Tryantar, Blazakin, Salamence, Garchomp, Darkrai (not sash or scarf) and may more. He also treatens a lot of commone Uber pokes.
    *throws dictionary at user*

learn to spell breh.

*Rayquaza
    *Blaziken
    *Tyranitar
    *many
    *common

Quote Originally Posted by 5221A View Post
    Im talking about Ubers...
    Typo on the Evs.
    He, unlike his attack form he has defensise (60/90/90 is not so bad). He can take a 2 hits from Groudon (not choice band) and OHKO it. He can do the same to Mewtwo, Rayquasa, Tryantar, Blazakin, Salamence, Garchomp, Darkrai (not sash or scarf) and may more. He also treatens a lot of commone Uber pokes.
    Oops, thanks for clearing that up. Still, my point still stands that it is outclassed in terms of offence and defence in the Uber tier.

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    basically what Jesus said....you miss out on outrunning pretty much everything. deoxys-s isnt really used much as an attacker, but more support. deoxys-s can be used in attacking, but ive only ever seen a scarf modest set ever work.

in a tier filled with overpowered pokemon.....60/90/90 is good? thats like, below average in OU, let alone ubers. if you are going to use an attacker, arceus is your best bet. with 120/120/120 defenses, and 120/120 attack/SpA, and 120 speed, its much more bulky, less predictable, and generally.....better.

*usable defenses

*throws dictionary at user*

learn to spell breh.

*Rayquaza
    *Blaziken
    *Tyranitar
    *many
    *common
    Pretty much. Also only 2 of those 6 words are in my dictionary. What's going on?!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

lol since when did Terra take over this thread

Credit to Blue Harvest for the amazing banner.

DM got lazy and Terra said he'd take it over.

Might as well post this now before it becomes standard.

Terrakion @ Salac Berry
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Substitute
    - Swords Dance

I started using this pretty much as soon as the pinch berries were released. Instead of using a Rock Gem to get past a couple of counters, this SubSD Terrakion uses a Salac Berry to absolutely terrorize offensive teams. With a Sub up, you can't revenge kill him, at at +1, only priority and a couple of insanely fast Scarfers outspeed him. Late-game, when Gliscor and Landorus-T and friends are weakened, you sweep with +2 Atk as well. Specs Gothitelle is a great partner, since it traps Terrakion's usually checks/counters like Skarmory, Gliscor, Slowbro, and Landorus-T, while killing them off with Thunderbolt or HP Ice. Magnezone also can trap Scizor, and a Sub Charge Beam Zone can actually set up on one trapped into Bullet Punch/Quick Attack/Pursuit and maybe get two kills if played right.

Protip: You absolutely need those 4 HP EVs to get down to berry range with just three Subs. Otherwise, it takes four, and you'll be left with just 3 HP.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678