Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Creative and Innovative Movesets Thread (Read The Rules in the OP before Posting!)

Regarding double phazing moves + rest - talk , its actually pretty good with hazards on the field. Every time you use Sleep talk while asleep, you have a 66% chance of phazing the opponent without the negative priority.

Although its illegal on Dragonite, Lugia in ubers can easily use it due to its high speed. Pretty annoying to face and its mentioned on Lugias on site analysis as well! Dragonite could pull it off with multiscale but too bad...

Shut down by taunt users and the chance that you keep getting rest -.-

~Credits to Extroph~

Quote Originally Posted by jirachiuser1 View Post
    Regarding double phazing moves + rest - talk , its actually pretty good with hazards on the field. Every time you use Sleep talk while asleep, you have a 66% chance of phazing the opponent without the negative priority.

Although its illegal on Dragonite, Lugia in ubers can easily use it due to its high speed. Pretty annoying to face and its mentioned on Lugias on site analysis as well! Dragonite could pull it off with multiscale but too bad...

Shut down by taunt users and the chance that you keep getting rest -.-

nice stratagy rachi i so wish d-nite wasnt banned with it

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

Quote Originally Posted by Pokémon Trainer R View Post
    However, one cannot have both an Arceus-Steel and an Arceus-Rock in the same team, and Tyranitar is also a very undesirable Pokémon to have in many Über teams, since many of them attempt to abuse either the rain or the Sun provided by Kyogre or Groudon respectively, and the Armor Pokémon's Ability conflicts with that. And since the only other commonly-used Pokémon in Übers that resists both Brave Bird and Sacred Fire is Zekrom, which strongly dislikes being burned by the latter, I believe that it is generally much better for Arceus-Steel to have an attack that can KO Ho-Oh, rather than putting something else in the team specifically to resist both of Ho-Oh's Same Type Attack Bonus moves (and from my experience, most teams, especially those that are generally more offense-oriented, could hardly afford to have a spot taken up just for that purpose anyway).

Also, it is true that Choice Scarf Ho-Oh in the Sun would destroy this Arceus-Steel before it gets the chance to fire a Stone Edge. But not only are such Ho-Oh rather uncommon, but they are also not that threatening overall in my opinion, due to their lack of Life Orb, Recover and moves like Substitute and Flame Charge, and also the fact that Choice Scarf locks them into one attack. If you fear Arceus-Steel being taken out by such a Ho-Oh, then you could simply switch it out the first time you see the Rainbow Pokémon, and then observe whether or not the opponent's Ho-Oh recovers any health from Leftovers or loses any health from Life Orb, and then battle accordingly. If the opponent's Ho-Oh does turn out to not have Choice Scarf, Arceus-Steel can then crush it with Stone Edge the next time Ho-Oh appears before it.

In any case, if this helps in your testing, below is "Divine Lightning", the team in which my Arceus-Steel was specifically designed to be used. It peaked at #4 on the DW Ubers ladder on the Pokémon Online server with 1607 points, and is probably my third most successful Über team ever. Since I am currently taking a break from laddering until the release of Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (at which point the metagame would probably look very different anyway, making the teams that I currently use most likely irrelevant in it), I guess there would be no harm in revealing my team here:

Lucifer (Thundurus) (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Focus Blast
    - Taunt
    - Thunder Wave
    - Thunderbolt

Uriel (Latios) (M) @ Soul Dew
    Trait: Levitate
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Psyshock
    - Surf
    - Thunder

Raphael (Kyogre) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Drizzle
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Thunder
    - Water Spout

Gabriel (Palkia) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Focus Punch
    - Spacial Rend
    - Substitute
    - Thunder

Michael (Dialga) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
    - Aura Sphere
    - Draco Meteor
    - Stealth Rock
    - Thunder

Yahweh (Arceus-Steel) @ Iron Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Recover
    - Roar
    - Stone Edge
    - Will-O-Wisp
    They look like good sets but why does thunderous not have thunder?

the arceus set looks strange but i am going give it a go never played ubers lol.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
    - Thunder
    - Hydro Pump
    - Thunder Wave
    - Substitute

Here is my very own rotom set with all the choice scarf rotoms around people switch into a ground type thinking i will use volt switch but i will use substitute, this will be a big surprise to them and i will start sweeping them and paring them with t wave , when they are pared i tend to get a lot of hax so rotom is really good, but rotom is a perfect counter for scizor too and most teams have scizor on their team.

Rotom can be used to damage ttar and other sand abuses when it is in a sub, this is a perfect set to draw landours or gilscor out this will give you an advantage.

I gave rotom 252 evds on hp so it can take hits of pokemon so it can survive without pain split and gave it 252 evds on sp atk so i can do a lot of damage and with the boost from rain hydropump gets a good stab bonus so it can 1ko a lot of pokes or even hurt a latios by 40%.

I gave my rotom thunder because i use rain teams so thunder is a perfect move to use on rotom because it gets a good stab bonus and it can par pokemon easy too.

I gave rotom thunderwave to stop dragons or any other fast pokemon, thunderwave is very useful when used on jirachi to stop it from setting up or even haxing you, thunderwave is a perfect move to use when rotom is in a sub and you know your foe will switch not only do you have a chance of them not hitting you but it lets you keep going into sub and it lets rotom move first which is really useful because it does not have any speed evds.

I gave Rotom leftovers because it has no way to heal and it does not need life orb because it does enough damage already and we need rotom to live to deal with big threats.

Rotom is perfect to sweep rain abuses such as starmie and jolten while rotom also abuses rain.

http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Rai...in--2012-04-01

Here is a replay of my rotom sweeping

They look like good sets but why does thunderous not have thunder?
    It's probably an attacking lead, so it'll likely be down by the time Kyogre is sent out. It's also less risky if you lose the weather war.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Rairyan View Post
    Rotom-W @ Leftovers
    - Thunder
    - Hydro Pump
    - Thunder Wave
    - Substitute

Here is my very own rotom set with all the choice scarf rotoms around people switch into a ground type thinking i will use volt switch but i will use substitute, this will be a big surprise to them and i will start sweeping them and paring them with t wave , when they are pared i tend to get a lot of hax so rotom is really good.

I gave rotom 252 evds on hp so it can take hits of pokemon and gave it 252 evds on sp atk so i can do a lot of damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by your oppo
    Chocolate Rain u just haxed me to oblivion
    yea, you did hax him pretty bad lol

anyways, I like the use of Substitute, as it can evade status while setting it up.

I chase the dream, not the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMaster123 View Post
    yea, you did hax him pretty bad lol

anyways, I like the use of Substitute, as it can evade status while setting it up.
    lol that battle was so funny still the rotom set is useful people should give it a go some time.

Quote Originally Posted by zerofield View Post
    HP Fire haxorus? Even to 2hko skarm and ferro you have to sacrifice that great attack, and as for the calcs on scizor and mamo... those will just go ahead and do their damage regardless due to priority. As for heatran, you do realize that hp fire can't pop the balloon due to being absorbed right? Seriously, the standard works better in every way.
    Mold breaker...

yeah you are probably right...
    but this thread point is creativity and not standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

^Earthquake just gets the KO on Heatran easily, and the others can't live a boosted Outrage for very long.
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
    - Thunder
    - Hydro Pump
    - Thunder Wave
    - Substitute

Here is my very own rotom set with all the choice scarf rotoms around people switch into a ground type thinking i will use volt switch but i will use substitute, this will be a big surprise to them and i will start sweeping them and paring them with t wave , when they are pared i tend to get a lot of hax so rotom is really good.

I gave rotom 252 evds on hp so it can take hits of pokemon and gave it 252 evds on sp atk so i can do a lot of damage.
    talked with some ppl on irc, i'm gong to add this in the OP

yay lol rotom ftw <3

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Is multiscale even legal with sleep talk?

Anyway, I don't see a point in two phasing moves. I'd swap one out for something else.
    He had a layer of rocks up, 3 spikes and a single layer of toxic spikes, this was a complete phaser set from a while back. I could see him dropping roar altogether, but having 3 moves is iffy at best (unless you utilize last resort or something like that) which reminds me...

Ambipom @ life orb
    Jolly
    Any ability
    4 hp/252 atk/ 252 spd
    Shadow claws
    Last resort

Not sure how well used this is, I have honestly never seen anyone else use it, and it is only walled by steels (and normals on turn 1)

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

^ That's not the way you do a Last Resort on Ambipom. I've seen it used better with a set that looks similar to this:

Ambipom (Jolly nature)
    Item: King's Rock
    EV spread: 252 Attk, 252 Speed, 4 HP.
    Ability: Usually Technician for a boost in Fake Out's power.
    Moves: Fake Out
    Fling
    Last Resort

This set is completely walled by steels, but what this set has that yours doesn't have is two one-time moves (unless you switch out, of course). Last Resort doesn't work unless you have used all possible moves in your moveset. With your set, you'd have to use Shadow Claw all 24 times (assuming you're using PO) to use Last Resort.

Because Fake Out and Fling are one-shot moves (in other words, they work only once), you can use Last Resort and start OHKOing everything that doesn't resist it.

All my creative ideas have been shot down (and some with good reason), so I won't post anything more of that here (unless I truly get something good).
    I will be less active as time goes on; I have many things to do to get into college and will be focusing on that, so if you don't hear from me for a while, just be patient. I will respond, but it may take some time.

Black FC: 1764-6597-3816

Spoiler:- claims:

I thought with Last resort, You only had to use all other moves once.
    Member of Crystalline

Start of turn 1

Rotom-W used Trick!
    Rotom-W switched items with the foe's Shedinja!
    Rotom-W obtained one Toxic Orb!
    The foe's Shedinja obtained one Choice Scarf!

The foe's Shedinja used Trick!
    The foe's Shedinja switched items with Rotom-W!
    The foe's Shedinja obtained one Toxic Orb!
    Rotom-W obtained one Choice Scarf!

i love you (Vaporeon) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Hydration
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Scald
    - Rest
    - Attract
    - Substitute

Here is another useful set i created, i call this set the sexy Vaporeon, this set is a good stall set as you can see because if you have rain up you can use rest and sleep heals in rain so you gain or your health back, with Vaporeons high hp and high defence it can take little damage from little threats letting it get into Sub and using Attract then Scald which may burn them, this set is really good to stop set ups and burn dragons or fighting pokemon which have high attack,

I picked Hydration over Water absorb because Vaporeon won't take much damage from water pokemon and Vaporeon avoids toxic or any other affect, I gave 252 hp so it can take a lot of damage and stall the foes pokemon, I gave Vaporeon 252 def because dragon pokemon can easy hurt Vaporeon if it has no def evds so this is a good evd set to stop that, i gave Vaporeon scald because i want stall the foes pokemon while hurting them with scald and burn and i want to destory dragons set ups so they are no longer useful but i also needed scald so if a pokemon use taught at least i be able to attack them, next i gave Vaporeon Rest because in rain Vaporeon can not be hurt by toxic or any other affects and Rest is the best move to heal since it heals your pokemon back to full health and puts them asleep but with Vaporeons ability it gains full health and wakes up meaning Vaporeon will be hard to take down, next i gave Vaporeon Attract because when Vaporeon is in a sub this is a perfect move to keep Vaporeon from taking damage, as you can see my Vaporeon is female because most pokemon you battle are male so this is very useful move to stall them by making them for in love with Vaporeon, also the pokemon will stay in love with Vaporeon until a switch is made so i can keep subbing and resting and trying to burn them with scald.

To be truthful, Attract has always been a gimmick.
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    To be truthful, Attract has always been a gimmick.
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    He had a layer of rocks up, 3 spikes and a single layer of toxic spikes, this was a complete phaser set from a while back. I could see him dropping roar altogether, but having 3 moves is iffy at best (unless you utilize last resort or something like that) which reminds me...

Ambipom @ life orb
    Jolly
    Any ability
    4 hp/252 atk/ 252 spd
    Shadow claws
    Last resort

Not sure how well used this is, I have honestly never seen anyone else use it, and it is only walled by steels (and normals on turn 1)
    yea, this is basically a gimmick, as it was walled by any Pokemon that is part steel, and the standard Ampipomb set does much more work

Ambipom (Jolly nature)
    Item: King's Rock
    EV spread: 252 Attk, 252 Speed, 4 HP.
    Ability: Usually Technician for a boost in Fake Out's power.
    Moves: Fake Out
    Fling
    Last Resort
    same as above

i love you (Vaporeon) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Hydration
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Scald
    - Rest
    - Attract
    - Substitute
    attract is generally a gimmick, and w/o it, it's Vaporeon w/ Substitute

As far as Ambipom sets go, I think this one is much better.

Ambipom
    Ability: Technician
    Item: Flying Gem
    Nature: Jolly (+Spd., -Sp. Att.)
    EV's: 6 Hp, 252 Att., 252 Spd.
    Moves:
    Fake Out
    Covet
    Acrobatics
    U-Turn

Ment to cause some discord and deal a lot of damage while doing it. Fake Out to break sashes, sturdy, and to get some free damage. Then either Covet to cause quite a bit of damage with base 120 power after the STAB and Technician boost, Acrobatics for major damage after the Flying Gem boost (and to take out Fighting types), or U-turn to get out of harms way and strike again later (switching in a Rocky Helmet Ferrothorn for extra damage is always fun). After the Flying Gem's used up, then you can either use Covet to steal your opponents item, potentially ruining whatever strategy they're running, or just keeping hammering away with a high-powered Acrobatics. Still walled by Steel and Rock types, but you can always just take their item then U-Turn out for a teammate to take over.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Well because I can, bumping this thread with some of my creative sets

Abomasnow (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Snow Warning
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
    - Leech Seed
    - Protect
    - Seed Bomb
    - Ice Shard

Abomasnow is a slightly underrated Pokemon. Leech Seed and with the combination of Hail plus Protect wears down ALOT of Pokemon. Most Grass types (which are immune to Leech Seed) won't want to come into an Aboasnow so you're free to Leech Seed a lot of stuff. A minor example: a CBScizor or Balloon Heatran switches to your Leech Seed, it loses 18.25% from Hail and Leech Seed damage, Protect to scout his next turn and loses another 18.25% next turn, if that Scizor/Heatran switched in on Stealth Rock it has already lost 50% of his health without doing anything. (I really love Leech Seed, such an underrated move imo)
    This set has brought me the most success when using Abomasnow. Why? Well tbh I'm not sure if I can answer that but IMO it could be that people don't really expect the Physical set and assume it's a Special attacker or some Scarf set. Things like Tentacruel/Tyranitar/Jellicent/Blissey sometimes come in expecting a special attack only to get hit on their weaker side. Also another thing I loved about this Abomasnow (well and most Abomasnows) is that this guy can shut down most Water types and can mess up Drizzle teams. And this guy has a priority attack in Ice Shard, can be used to revenge weaken Dragons.

Brave nature so you can be slower than Tyranitar (don't forget to set your speed IVs to 0 ) to get your Hail up instead of Sand. The EV spread is so you hit a SR number and hit as hard as you can with Seed Bomb or Ice Shard (his STABs), and if you want you can use Wood Hammer over Seed Bomb, I'm not a big fan of recoil moves.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
    Ability: Download
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
    Modest Nature
    -Tri Attack
    -Discharge
    -Ice Beam
    -Recover

Porygon2 isn't exactly underrated in OU but offensive sets sure are. 105 base Special Attack with full investment hits very hard and thanks to Eviolite and full HP Porygon2 has very bulky defensive stats of 374 / 325 / 339. It has great coverage thanks to pseudo BoltBeam and Tri Attack for STAB and neutral coverage. Recover lets Porygon2 stay healthy (not a lot, especially on stall/balanced teams, can 2HKO this Porygon2). Download is excellent considering how physically based the metagame is. It can come in on Scizor, Forretress, most Ferrothorn, Gliscor, Skarmory and others to get the Special Attack boost and start firing off attacks.

Jirachi @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 208 HP / 252 SAtk / 48 Spd
    - Doom Desire
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ground]
    - Trick

Specs Jirachi isn't even listed in the Black White analysis, despite it being listed in the DPP one. It was one of the last sets added to the anaysis before Black/White came along and occupied all of our time, and it never really got the love it deserved. Specs Doom Desire pretty much OHKOs almost everything that doesn't resist it (bar the special walls like Blissey) and can 2KO **** like Ninetales and Politoed with Stealth Rock. Doom Desire has been buffed to 140 BP this generation, and no longer has an 85% (iirc) hit rate. The idea is to use Doom Desire as they bring in a counter to Jirachi, (say Heatran), then you bring in a pokemon that counters Heatran (like say, Terrakion) and now your opponent has to switch into something that beat beat a Terrakion that could attack, set up a Sub, set up a Swords Dance, or set up a Rock Polish, AND tank a Specs Doom Desire which is hitting pretty damn hard. (Hint, Scizor, Skarmory and Gliscor are all 2KOed by Specs Doom Desire so they cannot really switch in ). In a similar example Hurricane Volcarona has next to no counters if Doom Desire is in the air as Terrakion and Landorus all get smashed by Doom Desire, while Dragonite gets its MultiScale broken (and if Stealth Rock is up then its utterly wrecked), the damage enough for Hurricane to KO.

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Iron Head
    - Fire Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Drain Punch / U-turn / Energy Ball / Stealth Rock

As Scarf Jirachi is starting to pick up speed and finally get the recognition it deserves, this Jirachi has been quite fun for me. Jirachi is the perfect Pokemon to start with- there are definitely elements to a team that help him out, like Spikes, weakening Heatran, paralysis support, but at the same time he's a great team player and lures out counters for other dangerous Pokemon, like Lucario, Salamence, Reuniclus and the like. This set is unexpected, by beyond its unexpectedness, actually good on its own merit, and Jirachi is blessed with the versatility to be easily altered to best fit our needs (as evidenced by the hefty slashing done in the 4th slot). He can really be tailored to fit the team, or the team can be tailored to fit him, and he gives us a very definitive way to begin a team in my opinion.
    With these sets being added to the OP, have fun you guys thinking of more creative sets

Jirachi @ Air Balloon
    Jolly
    Serene Grace
    252 HP/80 Atk/176 Spe
    - Stealth Rock
    - Iron Head
    - Wish/Body Slam
    - U-turn

This thing makes an amazing lead. Due to his naturally high Speed, it can set up Stealth Rock on a number of common things. On this turn they will likely bring in a specially defensive Jirachi counter. Obviously, you aren't running a specially defensive spread, but you can then U-turn out of the Jirachi counter and bring in an appropriate response. Later on it can come in to set up Stealth Rock again (if it was Spun away), Wish to restore some health of another team member, or just annoy the opponent to hell. I use this set on a few of my teams, and it certainly does not disappoint.

This is a set my friend used once:
    Marshtomp @ Eviolite
    252 Hp/ 128 Def/ 128 Sp. Def
    Bold
    Torrent
    -Toxic
    -Yawn
    -Scald
    -Mud Bomb/Protect
    Tbh, it's kind of gimmicky, but it works surprisingly well. With it's only weakness being Grass, it can take most hits and cripple sweepers easily. Works surprisingly well.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    This is a set my friend used once:
    Marshtomp @ Eviolite
    252 Hp/ 128 Def/ 128 Sp. Def
    Bold
    Torrent
    -Toxic
    -Yawn
    -Scald
    -Mud Bomb/Protect
    Tbh, it's kind of gimmicky, but it works surprisingly well. With it's only weakness being Grass, it can take most hits and cripple sweepers easily. Works surprisingly well.

Bulky Swampert can be a pain for some of my teams, so i can imagine how this set would be hard to beat. I would give it ice beam instead of mud bomb, if rocks are set up they might be good for taking out some dragon types.

I was looking at Scizor's movepool one day, and I saw he gets Morning Sun. And I started thinking.. what about a bulky SD set in Sun, as stupid as it sounds?

Scizor @ Leftovers
    Careful
    252 HP/4 Atk/252 SpD
    Technician
    Morning Sun
    Swords Dance
    Bullet Punch
    Bug Bite

Would've put Baton Pass on the last slot, but since Morning Sun is an XD move for Scyther, it's illegal.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    I was looking at Scizor's movepool one day, and I saw he gets Morning Sun. And I started thinking.. what about a bulky SD set in Sun, as stupid as it sounds?

Scizor @ Leftovers
    Careful
    252 HP/4 Atk/252 SpD
    Technician
    Morning Sun
    Swords Dance
    Bullet Punch
    Bug Bite

Would've put Baton Pass on the last slot, but since Morning Sun is an XD move for Scyther, it's illegal.
    This would be cool, if Scizor didn't Roost, as I like reliablility > bigger rewards (in Rain and Sand, 2 common OU weathers, it only heals 25%, while Roost is always 50%, so I would use Roost > Morning Sun, but it isn't than bad of an idea)

This might not be the most creative, but I think its fun to use if you want to 6+ Attk on any pokemon.

Smeargle@Sitrus Berry

- Spore
    - Belly Drum
    - Substitute
    - Baton Pass

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast