Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Creative and Innovative Movesets Thread (Read The Rules in the OP before Posting!)

Attachment 3852
    Torterra (M) @ leftovers
    Trait: Shell Armor
    EVs: 252hp/ 132 atk/ 252 def
    Impish (+ def -sp. atk)
    ~ Earthquake
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Wood Hammer
    ~Leech Seed

Leftovers+leech seed to recover wood hammers recoil and keep it in longer, and keep it attacking. Quake-Edge for STAB with earthquake and stone edge for flying types and ice types, wood hammer for a strong reliable STAB and the nature and EV's just to make it bulky and a defensive powerhouse. basically a spin-off of a physical tank.

I've used this set for a while now and it never fails to at least take down 1 or 2 pokes, in trick room due to torterra's low speed it's even better.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/sdfti1.png[/IMG]
    banners made by the amazing quilt and by Mew_.

Quote Originally Posted by Palkia98 View Post
    Attachment 3852
    Torterra (M) @ leftovers
    Impish (+ def -sp. atk)
    ~ Earthquake
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Wood Hammer
    ~Leech Seed

Leftovers+leech seed to recover wood hammers recoil and keep it in longer, and keep it attacking. Quake-Edge for STAB with earthquake and stone edge for flying types and ice types, wood hammer for a strong reliable STAB and the nature and EV's just to make it bulky and a defensive powerhouse. basically a spin-off of a physical tank.

I've used this set for a while now and it never fails to at least take down 1 or 2 pokes, in trick room due to torterra's low speed it's even better.
    Trick Room can really give an advantage to this pokemon, but ice beam really spells doom for it.

252/132/252 is an illegal EV spread.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    252/132/252 is an illegal EV spread.
    I think he was unsure whether to make the Torterra completely bulky or have some investment in attack. I would use this EV spread instead 252 HP / 128 Attk / 126 Def.

Quote Originally Posted by Palkia98 View Post
    Attachment 3852
    Torterra (M) @ leftovers
    Impish (+ def -sp. atk)
    ~ Earthquake
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Wood Hammer
    ~Leech Seed

k, idk what you were doing with those EVs, and this is basically the tank set with Stone Edge

This might not be the most creative, but I think its fun to use if you want to 6+ Attk on any pokemon.

Smeargle@Sitrus Berry

- Spore
    - Belly Drum
    - Substitute
    - Baton Pass
    yea, its like Smash Pass, just with Belly Drum

I chase the dream, not the competition.

I'm sure this was intended for OU only, but I have quite a lovely LC set I've been using for Pawniard that does some big things when played right.

Pawniard@ Life Orb
    236 Att | 236 Spe
    Adamant (+Att, - SpA)
    Inner Focus
    -Swords Dance
    -Thunder Wave
    -Iron Head
    -Sucker Punch

Credit for this set goes to Big Beluga who helped me make the team I use it on. Basically the premise of this set is to lure in Pawniard's counters particularly Mienfoo, and thunder wave them the first time. The next time Pawniard comes in he gets a SD and OHKO's Mienfoo when it comes in. It works for things like Ponyta, Misdrevious, and Murkrow who could otherwise play mind games with you as you try to predict between sucker punch and iron head. Dual STAB is the best option as even those who resist Iron Head and Sucker Punch take a massive amount of damage from either attack at +2. The best thing about this set is that with hazards anything slower than Pawniard or something that has to rely on attacking to beat it will be OHKO'd instantly. The only thing that really stands up to pawniard are steels and often times if they're offensive they end up getting OHKO'd anyways and if they're defensive they usually can't do much back before Pawniard wrecks them as well. This set is also really great because it doesn't need much team support to function properly, the only thing Pawniard really enjoys more than paralyzing his checks is having hazards down to make his job that much easier. The EVs are simple Max Attack and Max Speed lets Pawniard hit 19 and 15 respectively. With those kinds of stats nothing will outrun pawniard after being paralyzed and it gives him retard strength after a SD which is incredible.
    Some rules are made with all intentions to break
    And she defends it with a warped rationale
    But I've seen what happened to the wicked and proud
    When they decided to take on the throne for the crown

Facebook | Last.fm | Backloggery

Okay, time for me.

@Zoom Lens
    Clear Body
    252Hp, 252Satk, 4Spdf
    + Def, -Spe/Mild
    -Blizzard
    -Focus Blast
    -Zap Cannon
    -Ice Beam/Thunderbolt

I've had quite a success with this in UU, and it really utilizes Zoom Lens. Regice is and will never be a fast pokemon unless you hit in with Trick Room. So all moves is low-acurrary based, with a higher chance of hitting thanks to Zoom Lens. If you cause paralysis, Ice Beam/Thunderbolt is your backup, since you halved the chances of hitting last. Thunder can be used to solve it, but I just like statusing them sometimes.

@Leftovers
    Rough Skin
    252Hp, 252Atk 4Def
    Careful
    -Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    -Hone Claws
    -Glare

This is just a monster. If he gets Will-o-wisp, and Bulk Up in B/W 2 I highly belive he'll get OU. Rough Skin is a excellent pointer that, attack or get killed, wich is very effective. Just switching in Druddigon often deals damage, more so to the Tankier such as Shuckle and some Chansys i've met. Glare is a good status move, and Hone Claws gives him accurary for it, and Power for his Dragon Claw and Earthquake.

Edit: Darn it, ninjad!
    Well that set seems effective. I wouldn't think of that Pawniard learns Thunder Wave.

Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    You're not bringing people with poor grammar to concentration camps and gassing them, are you?

Spoiler:- Misc. Pokemon things:

Gengar (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast

This set(or variation) was popular in gen4, but is rarely seen in the current metagame. IMO this set should get ALOT more usage. This set pairs exceedingly well with reuniclus since it lures its two main counters(tyranitar and scizor) and handicaps them letting reuniclus flourish. This set can also stand alone, not only with reuniclus, as every team would enjoy a scizor lure and will-o-wisp can hurt other pokes that dont fear shadow ball/focus blast. When playing this set, getting a sub up is really important as this allows u to risk will-o-wisp not hitting(preventing a move from possibly koing). This chance to burn is really the main reason to use this set over subsplit/subdisable. Both of those sets have some difficulty in defeating chople ttar/cb scizor while this set can cripple both of them easily. Also since wisp gar is rarely seen in BW OU, this set will definetly take them by surprise.

Tht regice set seems pretty cool, but zap cannon isnt one of the best moves to use. Even with zoom lens its an extremely unreliable move.

Click my Sig to go to our xat!!!

credit to EG and extroph

^ Gengar lures aren't too good, subsplit is better in every way.

@Choice Band
    Adamant -Sp. Atk + Atk
    252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
    Wood Hammer
    EQ
    Outrage
    Ice Shard

I can't count how many Ninetales have been lured into an EQ expecting Blizzard. This was built by me on the principle of Sunny Day Ninetales, that grass hits almost all of the weather inducers in OU super effectively. Wood Hammer hits Toed, Hippo, and Ttar on the switch;while EQ hits Ninetales, also on the switch.. Outrage is filler for... um... +0 Volcarona maybe? Ice Shard is for being a pseudo-Scizor, revenging and murdering chlorophyll users. It is also my only check to ScarfMoxiemence. This works very well as a weather counter in OU, as usually you have to switch out anyway after killing their weather inducer to remove their weather without the CB forcing you to escape an unfavorable matchup. This isn't outrunning anything, bar other Abomasnow, so the 252 Hp EVs are there so he might maybe take a hit. This is also my trolly "counter" to +6/+6 D-nite.
    I believe this is better than the physical subseed set due to the fact that:
    1. It doesn't require TR.
    2. It isn't killed by priority.
    3. It can destroy weather inducers, so it isn't shut down by weather.
    4. COVERAGE. That is all.
    5. It is designed for an answer to weather on an HO team, as opposed to a staller on a TR Hail team, the former being way more common.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)
    i spent 10 hours REing for a shiny metagross and now its an event

Quote Originally Posted by Puretrainer View Post
    I'm sure this was intended for OU only, but I have quite a lovely LC set I've been using for Pawniard that does some big things when played right.

Pawniar@ Life Orb
    236 Att | 236 Spe
    Adamant (+Att, - SpA)
    Inner Focus
    -Swords Dance
    -Thunder Wave
    -Iron Head
    -Sucker Punch

Credit for this set goes to Big Beluga who helped me make the team I use it on. Basically the premise of this set is to lure in Pawniard's counters particularly Mienfoo, and thunder wave them the first time. The next time Pawniard comes in he gets a SD and OHKO's Mienfoo when it comes in. It works for things like Ponyta, Misdrevious, and Murkrow who could otherwise play mind games with you as you try to predict between sucker punch and iron head. Dual STAB is the best option as even those who resist Iron Head and Sucker Punch take a massive amount of damage from either attack at +2. Just thought I'd share this even though the thread is intended for OU sets.
    No this is just fine, adding to OP, guess I'll add sections stating which tier is which

Gengar (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Substitute
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast

This set(or variation) was popular in gen4, but is rarely seen in the current metagame. IMO this set should get ALOT more usage. This set pairs exceedingly well with reuniclus since it lures its two main counters(tyranitar and scizor) and handicaps them letting reuniclus flourish. This set can also stand alone, not only with reuniclus, as every team would enjoy a scizor lure and will-o-wisp can hurt other pokes that dont fear shadow ball/focus blast. When playing this set, getting a sub up is really important as this allows u to risk will-o-wisp not hitting(preventing a move from possibly koing). This set works as a perfect lure in the current metagame and can handicap two of the biggest threats we have.
    this was on Smogon a while back, adding

@Choice Band
    Adamant -Sp. Atk + Atk
    Wood Hammer
    EQ
    Outrage
    Ice Shard

I can't count how many Ninetales have been lured into an EQ expecting Blizzard. This was built by me on the principle of Sunny Day Ninetales, that grass hits almost all of the weather inducers in OU super effectively. Wood Hammer hits Toed, Hippo, and Ttar;while EQ hits Ninetales. Outrage is filler for... um... +0 Volcarona maybe? Ice Shard is for being a pseudo-Scizor, revenging and murdering chlorophyll users. This works very well as a weather counter in OU, as usually you have to switch out anyway to remove their weather without the CB.
    iffy on the CB Abomasnow, I like my physical attackers with Leech Seed, but i'll talk this over

@Zoom Lens
    Clear Body
    252Hp, 252Satk, 4Spdf
    + Def, -Spe/Mild
    -Blizzard
    -Focus Blast
    -Zap Cannon
    -Ice Beam/Thunderbolt

I've had quite a success with this in UU, and it really utilizes Zoom Lens. Regice is and will never be a fast pokemon unless you hit in with Trick Room. So all moves is low-acurrary based, with a higher chance of hitting thanks to Zoom Lens. If you cause paralysis, Ice Beam/Thunderbolt is your backup, since you halved the chances of hitting last. Thunder can be used to solve it, but I just like statusing them sometimes.
    Zap Cannon still sucks even with Zoom Lens, and it already gets bolt-beam, no need for Blizzard

@Leftovers
    Rough Skin
    252Hp, 252Atk 4Def
    Careful
    -Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    -Hone Claws
    -Glare

This is just a monster. If he gets Will-o-wisp, and Bulk Up in B/W 2 I highly belive he'll get OU. Rough Skin is a excellent pointer that, attack or get killed, wich is very effective. Just switching in Druddigon often deals damage, more so to the Tankier such as Shuckle and some Chansys i've met. Glare is a good status move, and Hone Claws gives him accurary for it, and Power for his Dragon Claw and Earthquake.
    will discuss this one as well

Keep up the good work guys

Quote Originally Posted by magikarprules View Post
    Jirachi @ Air Balloon
    Jolly
    Serene Grace
    252 HP/80 Atk/176 Spe
    - Stealth Rock
    - Iron Head
    - Wish/Body Slam
    - U-turn

This thing makes an amazing lead. Due to his naturally high Speed, it can set up Stealth Rock on a number of common things. On this turn they will likely bring in a specially defensive Jirachi counter. Obviously, you aren't running a specially defensive spread, but you can then U-turn out of the Jirachi counter and bring in an appropriate response. Later on it can come in to set up Stealth Rock again (if it was Spun away), Wish to restore some health of another team member, or just annoy the opponent to hell. I use this set on a few of my teams, and it certainly does not disappoint.
    oh yea, adding this one in as well, srry for the double post

Well Blizzard makes a Pseudo BoltBeam, while Ice Beam is just a backup incase you are to fast.

You're not bringing people with poor grammar to concentration camps and gassing them, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by britishlanguage View Post
    ^ Gengar lures aren't too good, subsplit is better in every way.

@Choice Band
    Adamant -Sp. Atk + Atk
    Wood Hammer
    EQ
    Outrage
    Ice Shard

I can't count how many Ninetales have been lured into an EQ expecting Blizzard. This was built by me on the principle of Sunny Day Ninetales, that grass hits almost all of the weather inducers in OU super effectively. Wood Hammer hits Toed, Hippo, and Ttar;while EQ hits Ninetales. Outrage is filler for... um... +0 Volcarona maybe? Ice Shard is for being a pseudo-Scizor, revenging and murdering chlorophyll users. This works very well as a weather counter in OU, as usually you have to switch out anyway to remove their weather without the CB.
    Seems pretty good, just remember to hit Tales on the switch since it outspeeds him.

@ Leftovers
    Trait: Simple
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Stored Power
    - Calm Mind
    - Amnesia

I know it's unreleased, bar with me. This works as a good check to special attackers: you wall them with 1 Amnesia, and then set up Calm Mind to sweep. After 2 CM's, it's a 2HKO on 252/252 careful Blissey. HP fighting is to handle dark types that otherwise wall this set.

Credit to FrozenConstellation

Quote Originally Posted by WillieNelson View Post
    Seems pretty good, just remember to hit Tales on the switch since it outspeeds him.

@ Leftovers
    - Stored Power
    - Calm Mind
    - Amnesia

I know it's unreleased, bar with me. This works as a good check to special attackers: you wall them with 1 Amnesia, and then set up Calm Mind to sweep. After 2 CM's, it's a 2HKO on 252/252 careful Blissey. HP fighting is to handle dark types that otherwise wall this set.
    I would do Roost over Amnesia, but personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by bug pro View Post
    I would do Roost over Amnesia, but personal preference.
    Yeah, but Swoobat's fraility kinda makes Amnesia neccesary to survive enough attacks to set up. Plus: it's that much extra base power for Stored Power. :3

Credit to FrozenConstellation

Yeah, but Swoobat's fraility kinda makes Amnesia neccesary to survive enough attacks to set up. Plus: it's that much extra base power for Stored Power. :3
    Even with Amnesia it won't help it that much, but I see the point about Stored Energy.

@ Leftovers
    - Stored Power
    - Calm Mind
    - Amnesia

Quote Originally Posted by Smogon's NU Analysis of Swoobat
    Swoobat gets Simple from the Dream World. It is only useful on Calm Mind variants, as dual screen sets need Unaware if they come in on a Pokemon that has already set up. Being at +2 Special Attack and +2 Special Defense after one Calm Mind is lethal, especially when coupled with Stored Power, which becomes viable with Simple making Swoobat's boosting moves much more powerful.
    Yea, not really creative, as once Simple is out, this will prob be standard. Anyways, no unrealased mons or abilities yet please

So... not even a comment on my Ambipom set? Hmm, interesting.

Anyways, that Regice set isn't too bad. Blizzard packs quite a bit more punch than Icebeam, making it worthwhile. Though Zap Cannon does need to go in favor of Thunder, even the Zoom Lens isn't enough to help Zap Cannon's accuracy. Then you could run it on a Rain team or Hail team (or both, Slush team) while Zoom Lens helps out the move not benefitting from the weather.

I have a Politoed set that kind of follows the same idea with a Wide Lens.

Politoed
    Ability: Drizzle
    Item: Wide Lens
    Nature: Modest (+Sp. Att., - Att.)
    EV's: 252 Hp, 6 Def., 252 Sp. Att.
    Moves:
    Hypnosis
    Hydro Pump
    Blizzard
    Focus Blast

Obviously Wide Len's not enough to make these moves completely reliable, but that's alright; you'll be blowing most things away with rain boosted Hydro Pump anyways, it just helps insure your other moves are more likely to hit when you need them too. Blizzard hits Dragons that come in, and Focus Blast for those Ferrothorns that try to ruin your day. Anything you can't kill right away (Jellicent, Kingdra, etc.) put them to sleep with Hypnosis and bring in a team mate who can with the free switch-in. Of course, you should wait till after you've killed the opposing weather starter before you bring Politoed in, just like any other Politoed.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    As far as Ambipom sets go, I think this one is much better.

Ambipom
    Ability: Technician
    Item: Flying Gem
    Nature: Jolly (+Spd., -Sp. Att.)
    EV's: 6 Hp, 252 Att., 252 Spd.
    Moves:
    Fake Out
    Covet
    Acrobatics
    U-Turn

Ment to cause some discord and deal a lot of damage while doing it. Fake Out to break sashes, sturdy, and to get some free damage. Then either Covet to cause quite a bit of damage with base 120 power after the STAB and Technician boost, Acrobatics for major damage after the Flying Gem boost (and to take out Fighting types), or U-turn to get out of harms way and strike again later (switching in a Rocky Helmet Ferrothorn for extra damage is always fun). After the Flying Gem's used up, then you can either use Covet to steal your opponents item, potentially ruining whatever strategy they're running, or just keeping hammering away with a high-powered Acrobatics. Still walled by Steel and Rock types, but you can always just take their item then U-Turn out for a teammate to take over.
    Walled by Steels without Low Kick, Covet is useless, I would just use Low Kick, and Acrobactics has no real coverage (doesn't hit Rock- or Steel- type Pokemon) and Ambipom sucks in OU in general, so yea..............

Anyways, that Regice set isn't too bad. Blizzard packs quite a bit more punch than Icebeam, making it worthwhile. Though Zap Cannon does need to go in favor of Thunder, even the Zoom Lens isn't enough to help Zap Cannon's accuracy. Then you could run it on a Rain team or Hail team (or both, Slush team) while Zoom Lens helps out the move not benefitting from the weather.

Politoed
    Moves:
    Hypnosis
    Hydro Pump
    Blizzard
    Focus Blast

Obviously Wide Len's not enough to make these moves completely reliable, but that's alright; you'll be blowing most things away with rain boosted Hydro Pump anyways, it just helps insure your other moves are more likely to hit when you need them too. Blizzard hits Dragons that come in, and Focus Blast for those Ferrothorns that try to ruin your day. Anything you can't kill right away (Jellicent, Kingdra, etc.) put them to sleep with Hypnosis and bring in a team mate who can with the free switch-in. Of course, you should wait till after you've killed the opposing weather starter before you bring Politoed in, just like any other Politoed.
    Can we stop with the Wide Lens sets. Standard Politoed uses these moves regardless of their accuracy, it could be using a Choice item, holding leftys, or something else entirely, but Wide Lens sets are basically standard sets with less accurate moves and an item that doesn't even make them have perfect accuracy. So yea, won't accept ANY Wide Lens sets, thank you for reading

Quote Originally Posted by Pokémon Trainer R View Post

Yahweh (Arceus-Steel) @ Iron Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Recover
    - Roar
    - Stone Edge
    - Will-O-Wisp

An extremely useful supporter that I use in one of my Über teams. It can easily counter Extreme Killer Arceus and most physical sweepers, wall Dragon-type attacks all day ,serve as one of the best counters to Latias and Latios in existence, serve as a general pseudo-hazer, be a nuisance to the opponent's team in general by spreading burns, and with Stone Edge, the most creative and innovative part of this moveset, it also serves as an excellent Ho-Oh lure. Stone Edge also in general gives this Arceus-Steel the niche of being a Steel-type supporter against which Ho-Oh cannot just simply come in and get a free Substitute or Flame Charge, something that is extremely detrimental in my opinion, especially to the team in which I use this Arceus-Steel, as every one of its members get heavily damaged if not outright KO'd by one of its devastating Same Type Attack Bonus moves.

252 EVs in Speed along with a Jolly nature is to ensure that Arceus-Steel can at the very worst speed-tie with other Arceus (something that is very important as it is very necessary to be able to burn an opponent's +2 Arceus before they can use Brick Break or worse, Earthquake) to the detriment of its Special Attack, the only stat it does not need, while the 252 EVs in HP are to maximize its overall survivability since this Arceus-Steel is meant to serve as a double-sided wall, and the remaining 4 EVs are just put in Attack to make its Stone Edge slightly stronger.
    EDIT- That above will be in OP also, forgot to add it eariler

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMaster123 View Post
    Walled by Steels without Low Kick, Covet is useless, I would just use Low Kick, and Acrobactics has no real coverage (doesn't hit Rock- or Steel- type Pokemon) and Ambipom sucks in OU in general, so yea..............

Thank you. Now with the set, I said it was walled by Rocks and Steels, but you have five other pokemon you're using too. Some of them should be carrying a Fighting or Ground move (besides I'd probably go with Low Sweep over Low Kick as a Fighting move on the set). Now for non-rock/steel types that's 200 base damage in the first two turns from Fake Out and Covet, 245 if you use Acrobatics instead (410 on Fighting types, a common type to see). That's going to put the hurt on a lot of pokemon, and KO some of the more frailer sweepers. Then if the gem's used up, you have the equivelant of a high-powered Knock Off at your disposal, and even with an item Acrobatics does decent damage thanks to Technician. Works great in Triples for Fake Out support and long distance hits. Though in OU singles Ambipom is a little lackluster and you'd probably want something else like a Salamence to have to worry about clearing out Steel types for, but the title of this thread is "Creative and Innovative Movesets Thread" not "Creative and Innovative Movesets for OU All-Stars Only Thread".

Politoed
    Moves:
    Hypnosis
    Hydro Pump
    Blizzard
    Focus Blast

I use a Politoed similar to this that has Scald, Hypnosis, Ice Beam and Focus Blast. It proved to be reliable but it will be good to try this, however I am not about about using Blizzard. The chance it misses might give a chance for them to set up and sweep.

Thank you. Now with the set, I said it was walled by Rocks and Steels, but you have five other pokemon you're using too. Some of them should be carrying a Fighting or Ground move (besides I'd probably go with Low Sweep over Low Kick as a Fighting move on the set). Now for non-rock/steel types that's 200 base damage in the first two turns from Fake Out and Covet, 245 if you use Acrobatics instead (410 on Fighting types, a common type to see). That's going to put the hurt on a lot of pokemon, and KO some of the more frailer sweepers. Then if the gem's used up, you have the equivelant of a high-powered Knock Off at your disposal, and even with an item Acrobatics does decent damage thanks to Technician. Works great in Triples for Fake Out support and long distance hits. Though in OU singles Ambipom is a little lackluster and you'd probably want something else like a Salamence to have to worry about clearing out Steel types for, but the title of this thread is "Creative and Innovative Movesets Thread" not "Creative and Innovative Movesets for OU All-Stars Only Thread".
    Ask anyone who plays OU regualry, Ambipom does nothing other Pokemon can't.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3463962

THAT is the by far the best set it can pull off in OU, and THAT didn't make it on-site, so why would I add that set, when it doesn't even hit the most important types in OU. I mean, i know its creative, but if I added EVERYSET that was posted in this thread, it would be a total cluster ****

EDIT-
    @ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
    Wood Hammer
    Earthquake
    Ice Punch
    Ice Shard

I can't count how many Ninetales have been lured into an EQ expecting Blizzard. This was built by me on the principle of Sunny Day Ninetales, that grass hits almost all of the weather inducers in OU super effectively. Wood Hammer hits Toed, Hippo, and Ttar on the switch;while EQ hits Ninetales, also on the switch. Ice Punch gives me a reliable STAB attack to use when Ice Shard doesn't have enough power. However, Ice Shard is for being a pseudo-Scizor, revenging and murdering chlorophyll users. This works very well as a weather counter in OU, as usually you have to switch out anyway after KOing their weather inducer to remove their weather without the CB forcing you to escape an unfavorable matchup. This isn't outrunning anything, bar other Abomasnow, so the 252 Hp EVs are there so he might maybe take a hit.
    Adding this to the OP, if anyone wants to re word this up a bit, PM me about it

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMaster123 View Post
    Ask anyone who plays OU regualry, Ambipom does nothing other Pokemon can't.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3463962

THAT is the by far the best set it can pull off in OU, and THAT didn't make it on-site, so why would I add that set, when it doesn't even hit the most important types in OU. I mean, i know its creative, but if I added EVERYSET that was posted in this thread, it would be a total cluster ****

You don't have to add it to the OP, I never said to add it to the OP, I'm just saying not to instantly disregard a set on the grounds that the pokemon in question doesn't do well in OU. We can agree Ambipom isn't great in OU singles, but there are plenty of pokemon and sets that don't do well in singles, but shine in doubles and triples (Cressellia and Hitmontop spring to mind). That's where I would use that set. Anyways, let's move on:

Sableye
    Ability: Prankster
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Impish (+Def., -Sp. Att.)
    EV's: 252 Hp, 130 Def., 128 Sp. Def.
    Moves:
    Swagger
    Subtitute/ Mean Look/ Knock Off/ Psych Up
    Recover
    Foul Play/ Shadow Claw/ Payback/ Punishment

I've seen a few Murkrows pull off similiar sets, but I think Sableye could do it better with Leftovers and no weaknesses. Use Swagger to confuse the foe and raise their Attack. Then either Substitute to block any hits that make it through the confusion, Mean Look to keep them from running, or Knock Off to remove troubling items. After that spam Foul Play and use priority Recover as needed. Alternatively, you could try Psych Up to absorb the status change, then Shadow Claw/ Payback to take advantage of it or Punishment which does pretty good damage with the combined raised attack stat of you and your opponent (even more so if they have other stat boosts aswell).

Sableye
    Item: Iron Ball
    Nature: Careful (+ Sp. Def., -Sp. Att.)
    EV's: 252 Hp, 6 Def., 252 Sp. Def.
    Moves:
    Will-o-Wisp
    Trick
    Recover
    Night Shade/ Shadow Claw/ Payback/ Sucker Punch

Pretty simple. Will-o-Wisp to cripple physical attackers and for residual damage. Trick to take away the opponents item, ground Flying types/ Levitaters, and cripple speedy sweepers with a paralysis-esque speed drop (Aromatherapy that away Blissey!). Priority Recover for stalling burn damage, and the attack of your choice for speeding it along.

You don't have to add it to the OP, I never said to add it to the OP, I'm just saying not to instantly disregard a set on the grounds that the pokemon in question doesn't do well in OU. We can agree Ambipom isn't great in OU singles, but there are plenty of pokemon and sets that don't do well in singles, but shine in doubles and triples (Cressellia and Hitmontop spring to mind). That's where I would use that set. Anyways, let's move on:

Sableye
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Impish (+Def., -Sp. Att.)
    EV's: 252 Hp, 130 Def., 128 Sp. Def.
    Moves:
    Swagger
    Subtitute/ Mean Look/ Knock Off/ Psych Up
    Recover
    Foul Play/ Shadow Claw/ Payback/ Punishment

I've seen a few Murkrows pull off similiar sets, but I think Sableye could do it better with Leftovers and no weaknesses. Use Swagger to confuse the foe and raise their Attack. Then either Substitute to block any hits that make it through the confusion, Mean Look to keep them from running, or Knock Off to remove troubling items. After that spam Foul Play and use priority Recover as needed. Alternatively, you could try Psych Up to absorb the status change, then Shadow Claw/ Payback to take advantage of it or Punishment which does pretty good damage with the combined raised attack stat of you and your opponent (even more so if they have other stat boosts aswell).

Sableye
    Item: Iron Ball
    Nature: Careful (+ Sp. Def., -Sp. Att.)
    EV's: 252 Hp, 6 Def., 252 Sp. Def.
    Moves:
    Will-o-Wisp
    Trick
    Recover
    Night Shade/ Shadow Claw/ Payback/ Sucker Punch

Pretty simple. Will-o-Wisp to cripple physical attackers and for residual damage. Trick to take away the opponents item, ground Flying types/ Levitaters, and cripple speedy sweepers with a paralysis-esque speed drop (Aromatherapy that away Blissey!). Priority Recover for stalling burn damage, and the attack of your choice for speeding it along.
    Quote Originally Posted by convo between me and harsha
    17:29 TrollFreak harsha
    17:29 TrollFreak http://pastebin.com/php0KGrU
    17:29 TrollFreak y/n to them sets lol
    17:30 harsha LOL look at his intro
    17:30 TrollFreak i know lol
    17:30 harsha mmm not sableye it just sucks
    17:31 harsha unless it's against sand
    17:31 harsha lol
    17:31 harsha xD
    17:31 harsha LMAO
    17:31 harsha xDDD
    17:31 TrollFreak so yea....
    17:31 TrollFreak k then
    17:31 harsha yeah dude, sableye is ohkoed by everything in the rain
    17:31 TrollFreak reason for the sets, want to reject them giving him a good reason
    17:31 harsha i'm not a fan
    17:32 harsha hmm
    17:32 TrollFreak i know lol
    17:32 harsha swagger is just
    17:32 harsha never reliable
    17:32 TrollFreak yea
    17:32 harsha the last set isn't too bad though
    17:32 TrollFreak so maybe the last set
    17:32 harsha yeah i'm p sure it's in the smogdex
    17:32 harsha lol
    17:33 TrollFreak lol
    17:33 harsha lmao
    17:33 harsha it is
    17:33 harsha xD
    17:33 harsha how /unique/
    17:33 TrollFreak rofl, kk then
    (chew)
    10char

Your just an insufferable spoilsport aren't ya.
    Though is that set really in the Smogdex? It wouldn't be the first time I've thought on the same wavelength as those guys.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast