Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Power all the way

37 31.62%
  • Accuracy is more reliable

80 68.38%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Power or Accuracy?

Both power and accuracy are both viable attributes in all metagames. Usually, some of the most powerful offensives like Fire Blast and Stone Edge can be modified by either ability or accuracy modifier(item), which evenly balances out the two.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Quote Originally Posted by Falcario97 View Post
    Both power and accuracy are both viable attributes in all metagames. Usually, some of the most powerful offensives like Fire Blast and Stone Edge can be modified by either ability or accuracy modifier(item), which evenly balances out the two.
    ability? the only abilities that alter accuracy, off the top of my head, are no guard, hustle, and victory star, and v-star only works in doubles.

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    ability? the only abilities that alter accuracy, off the top of my head, are no guard, hustle, and victory star, and v-star only works in doubles.
    Victory Star works on Victini in Singles but no one else. I prefer Accuracy over power unless power is needed to KO certain threats then I'm willing to risk it to keep my pokemon in the battle longer.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

I usually choose the power over accuracy. Because if the move hits then I don't have a problem. I like bulky pokemon more so hopefully they would have another chance at the move if it misses the first time.

TMP Symbols:

For me, it really depends.

Power is when I want to go on the offensive, but it has to have at least 80 acc. Hydro Pump is notably more powerful then Surf, and has saved me many more sweeps then I would of with 95 power, even with that accuracy.

On slower, more defensive pokemon, power doesn't make much of a difference. Sure, it may score you more KOs, but if you're defensive, it doesn't matter that much. So I like to stick with the weaker attacks. The only exception for this is Ferrothorn, since I find it's power whip to be very useful.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Nothing is more powerful than friendship. Well, except a +2/+2/+2 Adamant Kyurem Black. In which case, you're done for.

Power. Accuracy can truly become the difference between OHKO and 2HKO. Its like using Hydro Pump over Surf because its better

It depends on the type of Pokemon.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

It really depends. On a bulky pokemon or a wall, accuracy is much more important. However, on a sweeper, I'd rather go with power.
    Black FC: 4513-6723-8540 FC for all trades!

White FC: 3482 9361 7381 FC for all battles!

Looking for flawless iv'd pokes, shiny pokes, and flawless iv'd shinies. I am also looking for the power items in defense, sp. defense, and hp. I have a shiny adamant UT geodude, some ev trained pokemon, dwf's, and can breed for at least 2-3 perfect ivy's. Thanks!

There are plenty things (STAB, items, abilities) to raise power. Accuracy is not as easily raised, as it can take a turn to raise it.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

I'll go for accuracy because I don't wanna risk it.

Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

I prefer accuracy far more. Reason is, the miss thing just irks me and especially on a glass cannon, if you miss it's game over. And my team is full of glass cannons ._.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Accuracy, most definitely.

It's the reason Focus Blast sucks, or lack of, I should say.

This is a tough one for me. A while ago, I would've said accuracy and not given it a second thought. But sometimes, the accurate option just doesn't pack enough punch to get the job done, wheras the powerful option, varying risk aside, would have done enough damage to deliver a crucial KO. It really depends on the pokemon, if said pokemon can take a hit or two, accuracy. But some pokemon need all the power they can potentially wield upfront, to destroy the opposition in an instant because of, as an example, their paper thin defences.

In the long run though, I would go accuracy, despite some of my pokemon packing high power moves.
    Userbar credit: Myself
    50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise)...
    Platinum Dex Progress: 200/496

Definitely accuracy. I don't like having to rely on luck in order to win a battle.

Accuracy. I hate it when in a crucial point in a match you need to hit and ko, this fine text pops up, Name avoided the attack! And bam! Koed

Well with an accurate move you miss some important ohko's.

That said with a high power move you often will get 2 , 3 or 4 misses in a row.

So I still go with accuracy unless it's a poke that needs the power.

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

I prefer power most of the time but if I start noticing I'm missing a lot then i'll switch to a team with higher accuracy moves.

For me it depends.If the power to accuracy is like 120/75 to 60/100 i prefer power, but if it is like 120/70 to 80/100 I prefer accuracy. Things like Sheer cold I don't like at all, but I guess they would be needed in some very rare situations.

I prefer a balance or a combo of both. For example, Galvantula is my favorite Pokemon, because with its Compoundeyes, it can use Thunder with nearly 100% accuracy and devastate any team! Now that's a great combination of power and accuracy!
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

I would go with accuracy, but it really depends what attack we are talking about here.

Quote Originally Posted by Manafi's Dream View Post
    I prefer a balance or a combo of both. For example, Galvantula is my favorite Pokemon, because with its Compoundeyes, it can use Thunder with nearly 100% accuracy and devastate any team! Now that's a great combination of power and accuracy!
    It wouldn't beat any team. I'm mainly thinking of a Pokemon named Politoed here.

Depends on the Pokemon. If the pokemon is ment to Hit had and die fast then power, but if it can take a hit then acuracy.

I mostly like accuracy because I have the worst luck in the world and will occasionally miss the 2 drago meteors in a row.

I definitely opt for the accuracy over the power, which is why I love hone claws to boost said haxy moves. The only move I tend to sacrifice for power is Thunder. I seem to be pretty lucky with this move on most pokes except my latios. On my jirachi, I said hell no! I am abusing serene grace and getting my stat drops with energy ball.

I prefer the medium power moves, like Psychic and Shadow Ball, and Flamethrower, that have Accuracy AND Power.

The goats are wise! Eat everything, climb everything. And if something kicks you, kick it back!
    Tumblr | Reborn | League

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast