117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Power all the way

37 31.62%
  • Accuracy is more reliable

80 68.38%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Power or Accuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by coolminun View Post
    I definitely opt for the accuracy over the power, which is why I love hone claws to boost said haxy moves. The only move I tend to sacrifice for power is Thunder. I seem to be pretty lucky with this move on most pokes except my latios. On my jirachi, I said hell no! I am abusing serene grace and getting my stat drops with energy ball.
    I wonder why some people are not aware of it: thunder in the rain= 100% accuracy looking as 10% of the teams use rain you are not "lucky" with it..

and fire blast>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>flamethrower except in PP
    same for hydro pump in the rain/sun it hits so much harder I see some people run scald r surf on politoed in the start I used to use surf but now I only use scald or hydro pump with preferance to hydro pump.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Mostly accuracy. I'd go with moves that always hit the target than powerful moves that barely hit a target.

Credit to Riataro from EGC

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I hate having moves miss.

I get extremely frustrated if it's a missed move that makes me lose the battle. It's kind of like a "haha, sucker" insult, which really irks me. :/
    If it's due to a move not being strong enough, then yeah, I'd be fine with the loss.

As long as the victory-deciding move in a battle is based more on tactical usage rather than luck, then I'm fine with it. Moves like Hydro Pump and Focus Blast are examples of the latter.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I hate having moves miss.

I get extremely frustrated if it's a missed move that makes me lose the battle. It's kind of like a "haha, sucker" insult, which really irks me. :/
    If it's due to a move not being strong enough, then yeah, I'd be fine with the loss.

As long as the victory-deciding move in a battle is based more on tactical usage rather than luck, then I'm fine with it. Moves like Hydro Pump and Focus Blast are examples of the latter.
    This.......^ ^

Well, you really can't just say one or the other flat out. It depends on the power / accuracy trade. For example, let's say you have a fire type. You can't decide what STAB to give it. Inferno? Flamethrower? Fire blast? Well, inferno has 5 more base power. (The difference would be greater after STAB calculation.) But it also has 50 accuracy, which is unnacceptable. You can not afford to miss half of your moves. You get +5 power, but -50 accuracy. No. Then, you have fire blast. You get a whopping 30 power boost, at a loss of only 15 accuracy. Yes please.
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

I prefer something balanced, not a huge power, something common like Shadow Ball (80) and a normal accuracy.
    This are my female pokemon with the Dream World Ability:
    If you want one of this pokemons send me a private message.Tell me what do you offer or what do you want.
        Spoiler:- DW Females:

FC: 1593 5500 2865

Raw power with low accuracy might be able to get you out of a tight situation (or screw you over in a game that would otherwise be yours), but across multiple battles, accuracy and moderate base power will win you more rounds.

It depends on the situation. As main attacking move I go for accuracy. I only go for power in some "desperate" situations, where Flamethrower or Ice Beam wouldn't accomplish what they're there for. Those are rare though because luck is not one of my attributes on battling and I tend to miss too much xD So, no risk, let's take accuracy.

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W48 L20

Well, due to my Hyper Offensive style, I go with complete raw power to absolutely overwhelm the opponent.

i like accuracy

Balance... Because if you too little acc makes it miss and too little power makes it less likely to defeat pokes
    I'm back I guess.

If it's 80 or 85 percent, i tend to go with it , especially in the case of volcarona, who can totaally KO gliscor with a 252 timid fire blast(provided it has sun up or at least LO) and a few other things, like starmie's hydro pump, which took down scizor(with spikes) and tyranitar (on the switch in) back when i ran specs on it. And are there any 4th gen players who don't remember games won through that 60% hypnosis actually hittting?. I'll usually only go for accuarcy if the next best move is 60-70 accuarcy compared to 100.
    Beyond Names: everything has a counter.
    Beyond Names: its called hax.
    Tuan Sixtus: Color is a stupid gimmick that only amateur film makers use.
    Villain of Time: Even though he is a bot, he is better than the rest of you, because he believes that he is alive.
    Villain of Time: Please note that in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Collector's Edition I actually do have red blood.

It depends on how powerful it is and how accurate it is compared to the alternative but I try for power.
    Real avatar is on my page.

I try for power most of the time.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

Accuracy. Better safe than sorry....

It really gets on my nerves when moves fail. So, accuracy.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Accuracy. I mean moves with a 200+ power are nice but if it hits only 50% of the time, then what's the point of using it?
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    Accuracy. I mean moves with a 200+ power are nice but if it hits only 50% of the time, then what's the point of using it?
    Haha I think the only move that is that unreliable and isn't 1HKO is Zap Cannon and Thunder is just as good.
    Real avatar is on my page.

It really depends on how it will benefit the Pokemon

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

I normally like balance moves. But I have to choose power, that'll always win for me.

Fc: 3695-0172-1881

Spoiler:- Credits:

I like winning matches with predictions, so I tend to use moves with more accuracy. The only move on my pokemon which has low accuracy is probably will-O-wisp
    Name : ARORA
    Platinum FC : 0046-6930-6856

White FC : 4212-9202-4714

White 2 FC : 4084-3539-9316

i picked moves with accuracy because my pokémon team are tough--enough--and there's more pp

Generally, the correlation is that for Offensive teams:

If your team is generally a HO or a standard Offense, a player on average would go for higher power moves, due to the fact you have more sweepers than normal balance or Bulky Offense teams.

The closer you get to becoming stall on the offensive scale, the probability of one choosing higher accuracy moves is much higher.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

I've never done competitive battling before, but I perefer something that will do a decent amount of damage while being reliably accurate. moves like aura sphere, ice beam, thunderbolt, and flamethrower are top choices for me.

On the other hand, a friend of mine has unnatural luck w/ guillotine... and I still question how, but it works for him.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Meeker View Post
    On the other hand, a friend of mine has unnatural luck w/ guillotine... and I still question how, but it works for him.
    Not that Guillotine is actually legal competitively...

Anyway, it's clear that it depends on the team and the pokemon; there's not much left to discuss. What I'm thinking now is to go for specifics; which pokemon would you use with higher power, versus which pokemon you would use higher accuracy. Make sure to specify the move-set as well.
    For example, on Infernape, I'll generally go for Focus Blast over Hidden Power Fighting, becuase without the raw power of FB, Infernape might faint without getting a KO. He's too frail.

Anyway, that's the new discussion. Have fun.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast