Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Power all the way

37 31.62%
  • Accuracy is more reliable

80 68.38%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Power or Accuracy?

I think it depends on the strategy and the pokemon role on the team.
    Like Fiery Dance over Fire Blast for Sp.attack boost on Volcarona. Or even Rock Slide over Stone-edge on terrakion just to avoid the chance of missing. (even though rock slide always fail to OHKO/2HKO, and no crits :[) Fusion Flare over Blue Flare on Reshiram to avoid miss (in sun, it doesn't matter really. both still deal huge damage) Surf over Hydro pump Keldeo, and other similar cases.

"It's not god the people fear; people's fear is God."

I go for power over accuracy. I used to run rock slide on terrakion and flamethrower on heatran, but I decided to switch over once I became better at battling and I have never regretted it. Also, if I have to chose between Fire Blast and hp fire or focus blast and hp fighting, I'll chose the stronger just because of how wide the difference of their base power is. I mean, if you can 2HKO with hp, but have high chance to OHKO with fire blast, and if you miss still have a good chance to KO, you're definetly better off with the high chance to OHKO.

It depends on how big the difference is. I really hate it when I miss at a crucial point in the game, or when Stone Edge misses 3 turns in a row, but Rock Slide is weaker and still sort of inaccurate anyway, so I usually just roll Stone Edge. However, if given the choice to run X-Scissor or Megahorn, I would pick X-Scissor because it's both powerful and has 100% accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by .the.waffles. View Post
    It depends on how big the difference is. I really hate it when I miss at a crucial point in the game, or when Stone Edge misses 3 turns in a row, but Rock Slide is weaker and still sort of inaccurate anyway, so I usually just roll Stone Edge. However, if given the choice to run X-Scissor or Megahorn, I would pick X-Scissor because it's both powerful and has 100% accuracy.
    85% accuracy is not that bad also megahorn is 1.5x stronger than X-scissor it is like the differense of running choice band or not running choice band...

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345