Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Building Help Thread

Hey can I get some advice on a rain dance team
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/smilies2/482.gif Azelf Ability:Levitate Itemamp rock Moves: Rain dance Stealth rock Reflect Light screen
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/smilies/641.png Tornadrus Ability Prankster Item: Focus Sash Moves: Rain Dance Substitute Hurricane Hammer arm/Taunt
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/smilies2/243.gif Raikou ability:Pressure Item : Life orb Moves : Raindance Thunder Aura sphere Weather ball

http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/smilies2/230.gif Kingdra Item : leftovers Ability :Swift swim Moves: Substitute Hydro pump Raindance Dragon pulse
    The rest u can decide maybe ferrothorn setting up hazards rain dish tentacruel or swift swim starmie for rapid spin maybe genesect to weaken his fire weakness or some swift swim users like ludicolo kabutops(cud use rapid spin) Omastyre and of course maybe dragonite in for tornadrus (didnt do it cus of prankster) and zapdos in for raikou (i liked raikous move set more) please reply dicuss or give advice

http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/smilies2/482.gif Azelf Ability:Levitate Itemamp rock Moves: Rain dance Stealth rock Reflect Light screen
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/smilies/641.png Tornadrus Ability Prankster Item: Focus Sash Moves: Rain Dance Substitute Hurricane Hammer arm/Taunt
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/smilies2/243.gif Raikou ability:Pressure Item : Life orb Moves : Raindance Thunder Aura sphere Weather ball

http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/smilies2/230.gif Kingdra Item : leftovers Ability :Swift swim Moves: Substitute Hydro pump Raindance Dragon pulse
    The rest u can decide maybe ferrothorn setting up hazards rain dish tentacruel or swift swim starmie for rapid spin maybe genesect to weaken his fire weakness or some swift swim users like ludicolo kabutops(cud use rapid spin) Omastyre and of course maybe dragonite in for tornadrus (didnt do it cus of prankster) and zapdos in for raikou (i liked raikous move set more) please reply dicuss or give advice

Quote Originally Posted by 247Rain View Post

Sorry pics didnt *** out wats up wit dat smilie face

it hapend again with come

Can anybody help me out, I want to build a team around either Gliscor, Dragonite or Metagross

If you're a beginner, just use the smogon analyses.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

For a while now, I've wanted to build a team around my Pelipper or my Charizard. If this is a good idea, help me out please? If this is a terrible idea, just tell me. Thanks in advanced!

Spoiler:- FC:

30 BP ( I need more..)

Quote Originally Posted by meismadatyou View Post
    For a while now, I've wanted to build a team around my Pelipper or my Charizard. If this is a good idea, help me out please? If this is a terrible idea, just tell me. Thanks in advanced!
    Maybe in NU, but certainly not any higher. Pelipper is just hopelessly outclassed by almost any other Flying type, and Charizard has terribad typing and subpar stats.

Scarfed Solar Power Charizard in the sun might be good though, not sure.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    here take this:

A good parthner to hydreigon would be.. Starmie or slowbro also both are weak to bug so you should pair them with a teel type too like ferrothorn
    ferrothron, starmie, hydreigon- here you get a good core.
    hey, thanks! I think I'll use Starmie. And Ferrothorn is only neutral to bug as its grass typing :/ So I'm thinking of adding offensive Tran and making it a HO core. Will that work?

R.I.P The Crystalline Guard ~ Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

thanks for being nice about it

Spoiler:- FC:

30 BP ( I need more..)

You can try this set in the Sun, but I can't guarantee any real results, especially given things like Darmanitan and Volcarona are generally more effective.

Charizard @ Choice Scarf
    Timid - Solar Power
    252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Fire Blast
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Hidden Power (Ground)
    -Focus Blast

Fire Blast and Dragon Pulse get perfect neutral coverage except on Heatran, which is where Hidden Power (Ground) comes into play. Focus Blast hits random Rock and Normal types for super-effective damage. Obviously his calling card is a Solar Power Sun boosted STAB Fire Blast, which is strong enough to roast anything that doesn't resist it. Unfortunately, he's not very fast without his Choice Scarf, and he needs Rapid Spin support to be able to constantly switch in and out. On top of that, outside of the Sun he's almost deadweight.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

I need a core around ScarfMoxieMence,Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by UgoPop View Post
    I need a core around ScarfMoxieMence,Any ideas?
    Depends on the direction of the team. Jellicent for balance or semistall, probs volc for any offensive team, both to counter scizor and jellicent to somewhat deal with scarfed terrakion. Gliscor also takes care of choiced variants of terrakion and scizor nicely.

Hey! I was looking over my old team ideas after putting competetive battling on hold for several reasons and found the old team wasn't great, so instead i'm in the process of building up a new squad of pokes. I have 4 pokemon so far and it is to be an OU team with a balanced strategy, though bulky offense is an option (excluding Blissey).

Spoiler:- the team:

So there it is, please help!
    Everything seems normal, with Joe and Adam venturing on their quest through Kanto, but what is the mysterious Team Storm planning?

Pokemon: Kanto Legends

Come on the Mighty Infernape!

Need help to put together a very decent team, I'm so sick of losing.

RANDOM MATCHUP WINS/LOSSES: 3 Wins 18 Losses
    3DS FRIEND CODE
    1908-0000-6389

I DARKENDRA SHALL UNLOCK THE TRUE POTENTIALS OF ALL LEGENDARY POKEMON!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkendra View Post
    Need help to put together a very decent team, I'm so sick of losing.

RANDOM MATCHUP WINS/LOSSES: 3 Wins 18 Losses
    You need to give us something to work with. Choose a couple OU Pokemon you enjoy using, and a basic strategy (Weather Offense, Hyper Offense, Trick Room, etc.), and then we'll be able to help you. This is Team Building Help, not Build My Team For Me.

Building a Sandstorm / Trick Room team, need advice as to which sweeper to use.

Rampardos @ Choice Band
    Nature: Brave
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 HP, 4 Defence
    IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0
    -Head Smash
    -Earthquake
    -Crunch
    -Hammer Arm / Superpower / Zen Headbutt (Ideas?)

or

Aggron @ Choice Band
    Trait: Rock Head
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 HP, 4 Def
    -Head Smash
    -Earthquake
    -Aqua Tail
    -Fire Punch

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post

Rampardos @ Choice Band
    -Head Smash
    -Earthquake
    -Crunch

or

Aggron @ Choice Band
    -Head Smash
    -Earthquake
    -Aqua Tail
    -Fire Punch

I'm torn here. I think it depends on what you want...rampardos is a great early game sweeper, while aggron is a great late game sweeper.

My personal preference is aggron due to bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post

Rampardos @ Choice Band
    -Head Smash
    -Earthquake
    -Crunch

or

Aggron @ Choice Band
    -Head Smash
    -Earthquake
    -Aqua Tail
    -Fire Punch

Id go with aggron, it dosen't get the recoil of head smash and can stick around longer.

Also can anyone help me make a set for a jolly Multi scale lugia? And please don't say get one with timid, because im unable to do that.

I have claimed Quagsire the king of the marsh!!!

I need help with my team. I just hate team building. I'm going with an OU bulky offense sort of team, based on a SD Scizor.
    the bulky SD kind
    Scizor @ Leftovers
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Adamant
    - Bullet Punch
    - Swords Dance
    - Bug Bite
    - Roost
    specially defensive
    Heatran @ Leftovers
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Nature: Calm
    - Lava Plume
    - Stealth Rock / Roar
    - Protect
    - Toxic / Will-O-Wisp
    Heatran Has good synergy with Scizor, so I added him.
    utility
    Slowbro @ Leftovers
    Ability: Regenerator
    Nature: Bold
    - Slack Off
    - Scald
    - Psychic
    - Flamethrower
    A bulky water type that can deal with fighting types. Also Regenerator is awsome.
    choice scarf
    Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Rough skin
    Nature: Jolly
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Dual Chop
    - Fire Fang
    Need something fast and furious. Garchomp seemed like a nice option.

I don't really know where to go from here. I guess I need some offensive or support pokemon, and a ground immunity. I'm not against any of the team members being replaced or any of their sets.
    Last edited by srullic; 8th December 2012 at 2:14 PM.

Well, Magnazone could work to trap Steel types that Scizor has problems with.

Forgot to mention, I'm planning this team to be a wifi team in my game, and I don't know how to RNG, so I'll have problems with Hidden Power. Magnezone needs to have HP fire, so he might be problematic (plus bad synergy with Heatran).

(that's the team)
    Bulky SD
    Scizor @ Leftovers
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Adamant
    - Bullet Punch
    - Swords Dance
    - Bug Bite
    - Roost
    specially defensive
    Heatran @ Leftovers
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Nature: Calm
    - Lava Plume
    - Stealth Rock / Roar
    - Protect
    - Toxic / Will-O-Wisp
    Heatran Has good synergy with Scizor, so I added him.
    utility
    Slowbro @ Leftovers
    Ability: Regenerator
    Nature: Bold
    - Slack Off
    - Scald
    - Psychic
    - Flamethrower
    A bulky water type that can deal with fighting types. Also Regenerator is awsome.
    choice scarf
    Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Rough skin
    Nature: Jolly
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Dual Chop
    - Fire Fang
    Need something fast and furious. Garchomp seemed like a nice option.
    Last edited by srullic; 8th December 2012 at 6:17 PM.

Mono-type tournament in 3 weeks. I got Electric. Anyone have some good candidates or a good basic team?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Mono-type tournament in 3 weeks. I got Electric. Anyone have some good candidates or a good basic team?
    Consider Sub Electivire. Or even Galvantula.

Those OU Electric Types can suck it. >>

cept maybe rotom

"i unno man im just a pawniard"

vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post
    Consider Sub Electivire. Or even Galvantula.

Those OU Electric Types can suck it. >>

cept maybe rotom
    Yeah, I plan to use Galvantula due to its access to Grass moves. Rotom is excellent due to its Levitate ability but which form I should use and Scarf or Specs are some other questions that need answering. Electivire was also an obvious choice due to it being one of the few Electric types that can run physical attacks. As for Substitute, I understand the benefits but are they that good (in a mono-type meta-game to boot)? Now for the other three...
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast