Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Building Help Thread

'allo. If it isn't too much bother, I'd like someone to glance over my team. It is really weird and gimmicky, and that is the point. I want to use pokemon that are fun to use, not the standard OU types. My only request is that you keep the theme when offering another Pokemon for what I currently use:

Basically, my team is meant to cause chaos for the opponent. I was considering using Stealth Rocks, or any entry hazards, for the amount of times I want to make the opponent switch, but I'm not sure where to put it.
        Spoiler:- Team:

So that's about it. I feel as though it would probably tank in OU though. No bother though. I'm also not familiar with tiers anymore (I haven't played since DPP) so I'm not sure if this team fits into a lower tier or not.

My two concerns are:
    1. I'm not taking advantage of all the switching. Stealth Rocks could be invaluable on this team, but I'm not sure who I should replace. I really don't want to give up anyone, but I will make changes if they are clearly better.

2. The Zoroark and Shedinja combo is great, except for when I realize Zoroark isn't immune to any of Shedinja's weaknesses. So perhaps something weak against Psychic would be a better partner?

Thanks! I know this team seems borderline insane, but I've always loved playing with weird teams. I use to run a BellyDrum Charizard team that, while I didn't win every time, was a blast to play with. I really based this team around Prankster, Illusion and Imposter, so please keep that in mind!
    Last edited by Hauntershadow92; 20th December 2012 at 6:18 PM.

I'm sorry but thats all 6 pokemon. This thread is for making teams, improving sets ETC, but if you have a whole team, make an individual thread for it.

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Fire Punch
    - Earthquake

Dragon Dance is boosting, Outrage is incredibly powerful+STAB, Fire Punch gets near-perfect coverage with Outrage, Earthquake hits everything else.

R.I.P The Crystalline Guard ~ Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Hey, can anyone please help me? I'm trying to make a team of just three pokemon for random matchups, the PWT and so forth. I would like the pokemon to be from the OU tier, but I'm not sure which three would work the best or what their builds should be. Also, if dream world abilities could be avoided, that would be awesome. I don't really dabble in dream world
    Last edited by jdawg94; 20th December 2012 at 6:33 PM.

I'm planning on using Lanturn in an OU Sand team, nowww.

Latty (Lanturn) @ Leftover
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
    Nature: Calm (+Sp. Def - Atk)
    - Volt Switch
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunder Wave

Here's Lanturn's standard set in RU, and I plan on using it for OU as well. Lanturn is my prime counter to Rain Teams, with the ability to resist rain boosted water moves, soak up some thunders and taking on a resisted hurricane with no fear. This EV spread allows Lanturn to tank certain physical mons after a Scald's burn, as well as soak up special moves with ease. The main reason why Lanturn is used over the pink blobs (other than being pure cute) is the fact that it has a much more diverse move pool than Chansey, and a far better typing than both eggs. Volt Switch allows quick escape from pokemon that'd carry earthquake, Scald has a nifty chance to burn, allowing Lanturn to wall a few burned physical moves with ease. Ice Beam deals with some common Rain mons, such as Tornadus and Thundurus. Thunder Wave cripples an incoming sweeper and provides team support for slower pokemon.

Now, I'm thinking of Hippowdon over Tyranitar, to try and reduce the fighting weakness.

Hippo (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Stream
    Nature: Imipish (+Def -Sp. Atk)
    EVs: 252 Sp.Def / 252 HP / 4 Def
    - Slack Off
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang

Hippowdon is my sand setter and a mixed defensive pokemon. The EV Spread allows it to work on its weaker Sp. Def while still boasting impressive Defense stats, making it into a mixed tank. Slack Off is the recovery move of choice, being able to shrug off damage. Hippowdon will usually be my lead, placing a witty Stealth Rock. Earthquake is the STAB move of choice, and deals a surprise hit to Magic Bouncers like Espeon switching in. Ice Fang hits Gliscor, Salamence and Dragonite and other dragons. Salamence and Dragonite are especially crippled if they switch into Stealth Rock, ouch.

Can anyone suggest some good partners? I started wtih my weather + defense core (both have huge hp coincidentally), and I need partners that go well.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Tham gia choi game World of Warcraft mi?n phĂ* t?i http://www.player.vn/ d? tr?i nghi?m vĂ* t?n hu?ng game 3D s? 1 th? gi?i

Tham gia choi game World of Warcraft mi?n phĂ* t?i http://www.player.vn/ d? tr?i nghi?m vĂ* t?n hu?ng game 3D s? 1 th? gi?i

Have a team I'm building for VGC'13 here:

Virizion@Leftovers
    Ability: Justified
    EVs: 252HP, 252SpDef, 4SpAtk.
    Nature: Calm (+SpDef, -Atk)
    Giga Drain
    Focus Blast
    Synthesis
    Protect

This is my specially defensive wall, it can take a Flamethrower and still be over half HP, and can still pack a punch with STAB Giga Drain and Focus Blast. It has pretty good defensive typing, too, and I usually lead with it as it can scout with Protect and isn't bothered by Intimidate.

Gyarados@Lum Berry
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 100HP, 210Atk, 100SpDef, 100Spe
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)
    Waterfall
    Ice Fang
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

This is my physical attacker. It supports the team with intimidate, and it can easily wall the ever-popular Fighting types. It is offensive, so it does a lot of damage with Waterfall, and can be very annoying with it's chance of flinch. It is bulky, so a Rest/Sleep Talk/Lum Berry combination is used to elongate it's life as much as possible.

Heatran@Air Balloon
    Ability: Flash fire
    EVs: 4Def, 252SpAtk, 252Spe
    Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    Heat Wave
    Dark Pulse
    Earth Power
    Will-O-Wisp

This is my Special Sweeper. It takes a decent chunk out of anything that doesn't resist it, and it is very physically bulky. Heat Wave is it's STAB spread attack, and Dark Pulse is for Cresselia, and Earth Power is for type coverage, especially against other Heatran. The speed EVs allow it to outspeed every Heatran I've come across so far. Will-O-Wisp is to cripple physical attackers and get the ever-important residual damage on walls and bulky pokemon.

This is my team so far. It has had decent sucess, but it isn't finished. It seems to struggle with Thundurus, Zapdos and Cresselia a lot, all of which are very common. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm a beginner going for a standard OU Team! My setup for this team is Physical Wall and Rapid Spinner/ Special Wall and Cleric / Physical Sweeper/ Special Sweeper/ Bulky Physical Sweeper / Bulky Special Sweeper. I decided that I'm going to build around my first choice's weaknesses while still maintaining certain roles. I decided to start out with a Cleric/Supporter/Special Wall, Jirachi:

Jirachi@Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
    Nature: Calm
    -Body Slam
    -Fire Punch
    -Wish
    -Iron Head
    It's pretty obvious what this Jirachi does. It'll help in healing my sweepers, as well as crippling my opponents will either Body Slam Paralysis or Fire Punch Burn. As a Special Wall, it'll be able to take a lot, and even then, it can still take a few physical hits.
    Weakness: Ground/Fire

Donphan@Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4Atk
    Nature: Impish (+Def -SpAtk)
    -Rapid Spin
    -Earthquake
    -Stealth Rock
    -Roar/Knock Off
    Here is my physical wall/spinner. He will also be putting up Stealth Rocks. Donphan can wall many things, and even without much EVs in Attack, it can still rack up a lot of damage. I'm debating between Roar and Knock Off. Roar of course would be to phaze a little, but Knock Off would be too get rid of my opponent's precious item.
    Weaknesses: Ice/Water/Grass
    Team Weaknesses and Uncountered Types: Water/Grass/Fire/Ground (Since Donphan is a wall, I will not generally rely on it to take down any Fire types)

Now that I have my two walls down, I'd like to get started on my special sweeper. So here, I want to choose from two very powerful special sweepers: Heatran or Tornadus-T. The Scarf Heatran I plan on using will have Fire Blast, Flash Cannon, Earth Power, HP Ice. It'll be able to take care of the Ice Weakness, Grass, Fire, and Ground. But there is still Water. Thankfully, I still have space of my team for a water counter.
    The Life Orb Tornadus-T I will use will have Air Slash, HP Ground, Focus Blast, U-Turn. It'll be able to cover the Ice Weakness, Grass and Fire. If I use Tornadus-T, there will still be a remaining Water/Ground weakness. Thankfully, a good grass type will eliminate both weaknesses.

In the end, if I use either, I will need a Grass type to take on the weaknesses. So, I was thinking Breloom!

What do you guys think? Tornadus-T or Heatran? I can't continue on the rest of my team unless I get a decision on who to choose. Although, I'm hoping to use Terrakion as my Physical Sweeper later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Summonight View Post
    I'm a beginner going for a standard OU Team! My setup for this team is Physical Wall and Rapid Spinner/ Special Wall and Cleric / Physical Sweeper/ Special Sweeper/ Bulky Physical Sweeper / Bulky Special Sweeper. I decided that I'm going to build around my first choice's weaknesses while still maintaining certain roles. I decided to start out with a Cleric/Supporter/Special Wall, Jirachi:

Jirachi@Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
    Nature: Calm
    -Body Slam
    -Fire Punch
    -Wish
    -Iron Head
    It's pretty obvious what this Jirachi does. It'll help in healing my sweepers, as well as crippling my opponents will either Body Slam Paralysis or Fire Punch Burn. As a Special Wall, it'll be able to take a lot, and even then, it can still take a few physical hits.
    Weakness: Ground/Fire

Donphan@Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4Atk
    Nature: Impish (+Def -SpAtk)
    -Rapid Spin
    -Earthquake
    -Stealth Rock
    -Roar/Knock Off
    Here is my physical wall/spinner. He will also be putting up Stealth Rocks. Donphan can wall many things, and even without much EVs in Attack, it can still rack up a lot of damage. I'm debating between Roar and Knock Off. Roar of course would be to phaze a little, but Knock Off would be too get rid of my opponent's precious item.
    Weaknesses: Ice/Water/Grass
    Team Weaknesses and Uncountered Types: Water/Grass/Fire/Ground (Since Donphan is a wall, I will not generally rely on it to take down any Fire types)

Now that I have my two walls down, I'd like to get started on my special sweeper. So here, I want to choose from two very powerful special sweepers: Heatran or Tornadus-T. The Scarf Heatran I plan on using will have Fire Blast, Flash Cannon, Earth Power, HP Ice. It'll be able to take care of the Ice Weakness, Grass, Fire, and Ground. But there is still Water. Thankfully, I still have space of my team for a water counter.
    The Life Orb Tornadus-T I will use will have Air Slash, HP Ground, Focus Blast, U-Turn. It'll be able to cover the Ice Weakness, Grass and Fire. If I use Tornadus-T, there will still be a remaining Water/Ground weakness. Thankfully, a good grass type will eliminate both weaknesses.

In the end, if I use either, I will need a Grass type to take on the weaknesses. So, I was thinking Breloom!

What do you guys think? Tornadus-T or Heatran? I can't continue on the rest of my team unless I get a decision on who to choose. Although, I'm hoping to use Terrakion as my Physical Sweeper later on.
    I can't ever understand why anyone would use ScarfTran when Flame Charge Heatran exists.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
    Nature: Timid
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Fire Blast
    -Earth Power
    -Dragon Pulse / Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Flame Charge

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    I can't ever understand why anyone would use ScarfTran when Flame Charge Heatran exists.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
    Nature: Timid
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Fire Blast
    -Earth Power
    -Dragon Pulse / Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Flame Charge
    It certainly sounds nice. I'll try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenPepper View Post
    Have a team I'm building for VGC'13 here:

Virizion@Leftovers
    Ability: Justified
    EVs: 252HP, 252SpDef, 4SpAtk.
    Nature: Calm (+SpDef, -Atk)
    Giga Drain
    Focus Blast
    Synthesis
    Protect

This is my specially defensive wall, it can take a Flamethrower and still be over half HP, and can still pack a punch with STAB Giga Drain and Focus Blast. It has pretty good defensive typing, too, and I usually lead with it as it can scout with Protect and isn't bothered by Intimidate.

Gyarados@Lum Berry
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 100HP, 210Atk, 100SpDef, 100Spe
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)
    Waterfall
    Ice Fang
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

This is my physical attacker. It supports the team with intimidate, and it can easily wall the ever-popular Fighting types. It is offensive, so it does a lot of damage with Waterfall, and can be very annoying with it's chance of flinch. It is bulky, so a Rest/Sleep Talk/Lum Berry combination is used to elongate it's life as much as possible.

Heatran@Air Balloon
    Ability: Flash fire
    EVs: 4Def, 252SpAtk, 252Spe
    Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    Heat Wave
    Dark Pulse
    Earth Power
    Will-O-Wisp

This is my Special Sweeper. It takes a decent chunk out of anything that doesn't resist it, and it is very physically bulky. Heat Wave is it's STAB spread attack, and Dark Pulse is for Cresselia, and Earth Power is for type coverage, especially against other Heatran. The speed EVs allow it to outspeed every Heatran I've come across so far. Will-O-Wisp is to cripple physical attackers and get the ever-important residual damage on walls and bulky pokemon.

This is my team so far. It has had decent sucess, but it isn't finished. It seems to struggle with Thundurus, Zapdos and Cresselia a lot, all of which are very common. Any help would be appreciated.
    I don`t know if it`s common in vgc, but aerodactyl seems like it could be a good addition to your team. It outspeeds and can kill zapdos and thundurus with rock slide. Maybe this set:

Aerodactyl@rock gem/cheri berry/lum berry (latter two against paralysis from thundurus and cresselia)
    Trait: pressure/rock head
    252att/252spe/4hp
    -Rock slide
    -Protect
    -Earthquake
    -Crunch (to deal with cresselia the offensive way)/taunt (also helpful for cress)

I don`t have any experience with vgc, so if this is a very stupid suggestion, i`m sorry
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

Default I want to try to build a Trick room team

Spoiler:- Trick Room Incomplete Team:
    now the problem is, I don't know what other pokemons to use, I'm thinking of a support pokemon for HP recovery, but i accept all suggestions. oh and this is in UU tier

White 2 FC: 4986 3698 5015

Current W2 Team:

Quote Originally Posted by guyy94 View Post
        Spoiler:- Trick Room Incomplete Team:
    now the problem is, I don't know what other pokemons to use, I'm thinking of a support pokemon for HP recovery, but i accept all suggestions. oh and this is in UU tier

I'm not the best on trick room, but I think when I had a team it had a Reuniclus that would be best at stalling it out, or just a pure attacker with a life orb. I really like it in doubles or triples because you can set up with Reuni and then next turn when it should be one of the first attackers, it'll be just that little bit more powerful.

Reuniclus @ Life orb
    Ability: Magic guard
    EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA
    IVs: 0 spd is a must
    Nature: Quiet
    - Trick room
    - Psychic/ Psyshock
    - Focus blast
    - Shadow ball/ HP fire

The choice of whether to use Psychic or Psyshock can be tricky, but it's mandatory to have either for a strong STAB move. Psychic is the more used option, as many physical walls such as Gliscor and Hippowdon will be able to easily stall Reuniclus until Trick Room is up as it doesn't have a strong special move to keep up with the healing rates. But, Psyshock is still useful in order to beat many powerful walls that can benefit from boosted defenses in sandstorm such as Terrakion and Gastrodon while Blissey and Chansey can soak up psychic. The point of Focus Blast is to not be a sitting duck against dark and steel types and hits Tyranitar, a Pokemon that can usually deal a lot of damage to Reuniclus, especially hard. Shadow Ball is the preferred option in the last slot, as it hits Latios, Latias, and Celebi harder than anything else Reuniclus has. However, outside of the rain, Hidden Power Fire hits Scizor and Jirachi hard, and it still hits Celebi relatively hard. It also gives a reliable way to finish off Ferrothorn and Forretress as it will not miss, like Focus Blast often does.

Now, my turn. I want to make a good team, my win streak on Black was decent, but the new updates are a bit of a hassle.

Mienshao @ Life orb
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 4hp / 252att/ 252spd
    Nature: Jolly
    - Fake out
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - U-turn
    - Stone edge/ rock slide

I'm thinking of using one of my favourites ( which is funnily what my entire team was last time ) and thought.... Mienshao! It hits hard, and fast. I'm going to use it on my white 2 version when I get it, and it's going to be a challenge mode to make it more fun.

I was thinking of adding Arcanine and Salamence to be my other physical attackers, but suggestions would be great.
    Last edited by shadow_burnt; 7th January 2013 at 7:35 PM.
    Black code: 3611 3351 1490 √-1

[IMG]http://i51.*******.com/2ln93l5.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/2rwubuh.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_burnt View Post
    I'm not the best on trick room, but I think when I had a team it had a Reuniclus that would be best at stalling it out, or just a pure attacker with a life orb. I really like it in doubles or triples because you can set up with Reuni and then next turn when it should be one of the first attackers, it'll be just that little bit more powerful.

Reuniclus @ Life orb
    Ability: Magic guard
    EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA
    IVs: 0 spd is a must
    Nature: Quiet
    - Trick room
    - Psychic/ Psyshock
    - Focus blast
    - Shadow ball/ HP fire

The choice of whether to use Psychic or Psyshock can be tricky, but it's mandatory to have either for a strong STAB move. Psychic is the more used option, as many physical walls such as Gliscor and Hippowdon will be able to easily stall Reuniclus until Trick Room is up as it doesn't have a strong special move to keep up with the healing rates. But, Psyshock is still useful in order to beat many powerful walls that can benefit from boosted defenses in sandstorm such as Terrakion and Gastrodon while Blissey and Chansey can soak up psychic. The point of Focus Blast is to not be a sitting duck against dark and steel types and hits Tyranitar, a Pokemon that can usually deal a lot of damage to Reuniclus, especially hard. Shadow Ball is the preferred option in the last slot, as it hits Latios, Latias, and Celebi harder than anything else Reuniclus has. However, outside of the rain, Hidden Power Fire hits Scizor and Jirachi hard, and it still hits Celebi relatively hard. It also gives a reliable way to finish off Ferrothorn and Forretress as it will not miss, like Focus Blast often does.

Now, my turn. I want to make a good team, my win streak on Black was decent, but the new updates are a bit of a hassle.

Mienshao @ Life orb
    EVs: 4hp / 252att/ 252spd
    Nature: Jolly
    - Fake out
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - U-turn
    - Stone edge/ rock slide

I'm thinking of using one of my favourites ( which is funnily what my entire team was last time ) and thought.... Mienshao! It hits hard, and fast. I'm going to use it on my white 2 version when I get it, and it's going to be a challenge mode to make it more fun.

I was thinking of adding Arcanine and Salamence to be my other physical attackers, but suggestions would be great.
    honestly mieshao sucks in OU he doesnt have the speed or power to compete, so it would be better to do a UU team
    as far as the core goes, i would run a double fighting core with scrafty as mienshao and scrafty have the same walls
    Mienshao @ Life orb
    EVs: 252att/ 4sp att/ 252spd
    Nature: naive
    - Fake out
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - U-turn
    - HP ice

Scrafty@lum berry
    ability: moxie
    evs: 4hp/252 att/252speed
    nature: jolly
    -dragon dance
    -drain punch
    -ice punch
    -crunch

you`ll just need to add guys to help cover threats like tornadus and it may be hard to widle away slowbros hps because of regenorater

Mienshao doesn't suck in OU. It gets the best Fighting type move in Hi Jump Kick, is pretty fast for a Fighting type, and has a good SpA for HP Ice for Dragons.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

it does its rather terrible, terrakion is fast, has more attack, better coverage, keldeo cant say the same for coverage but stat wise is superior. Plus its defenses are so bad, it can stomach a strong hit. He did better in BW 1 where people really used walls, as he functions in OU as a wallbreaker rather then a sweeper, but the only consistant walls you see now are jirachi, celebi, rotom wash, and ferrothorn, who he can come in on 1, threaten 2 and be KOed by 3, not to mention the amount of latios`s and scarfed keldeos, he cant handle the speed shift between BW1 and 2

I also disagree. I've seen people use Mienshao in OU with great success. It is an underrated threat.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    it does its rather terrible, terrakion is fast, has more attack, better coverage, keldeo cant say the same for coverage but stat wise is superior. Plus its defenses are so bad, it can stomach a strong hit. He did better in BW 1 where people really used walls, as he functions in OU as a wallbreaker rather then a sweeper, but the only consistant walls you see now are jirachi, celebi, rotom wash, and ferrothorn, who he can come in on 1, threaten 2 and be KOed by 3, not to mention the amount of latios`s and scarfed keldeos, he cant handle the speed shift between BW1 and 2
    I disagree on the fact that he does a terrible job and can't do much to those listed walls. The thing about Mienshao is in his moves and ability more than stats, the way I see it. He is pretty good at dealing consistent damage through Fake Out + U-Turn, as well as taking a chunk out of most Pokemon with Hi Jump Kick. If a tank Celebi is out against a Mienshao, the Celebi should really be a bit more scared than Mienshao. LO U-Turn hits rather hard on, if not OHKOs Celebi. Hi Jump Kick can 2HKO Rotom-W and Specially Defensive Jirachis. Most tanks in OU should actually be scared of Mienshao. Mostly because they can't reliably switch in without being scared of something Mienshao carries. On top of that, Mienshao doesn't mind hazards as much thanks to regenerator. He can shrug it off by U-Turning out.

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

Okay, I just realized there will be a pokemon tournament for BW/BW2 nearby tomorrow night and, of course, I want to enter, lol. However, I don't have a team already made . . .

I have a couple mons that have breed bred for IVs and are either EV trained or waiting to be EV trained, but not 6 that I would think would flow together well. I could be wrong though.
    I'm a poor battler when it comes to being creative or battling competitively in general, so what I do have is just c/p from Smogon.

These are the tourny rules:
        Spoiler:- RULES:

So, this is what I'm thinking so far:

Virizion @ Life Orb
    (x/31/x/31/31/31)
    Justified
    Naive (-SpDef, +Speed)
    -Giga Drain
    -Close Combat
    -Hidden Power Ice
    -Work Up
    104 Atk / 152 SpA / 252 Spe

Arcanine @ Choice Band (maybe, I'm not settled on what item to use)
    Flash Fire
    Adamant (-SpAtk, +Atk)
    -Extremespeed
    -Close Combat
    -Flare Blitz
    -Wild Charge
    72 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 176 Spe

Slowbro @ Leftovers
    Regenerator
    Bold (-Atk, +Def)
    -Scald
    -Slack Off
    -Thunder Wave
    -Psychic
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA

I'm thinking of using these 3 as my FWG core, but beyond that I'm unsure of what pokemon to use. I have the following random pokemon already bred from previous weeks, awaiting EV training:

Spoiler:- Un-Trained Pokemon:

And I have these random pokemon already EV trained and raring to go:

Spoiler:- EV Trained Pokemon:

So, yeah. That's what I have pretty much and I'm not sure what to do with it, lol. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm prepared to breed pokemon, but hopefully not more than 2 since the tourny begins in 29 hours from the time of this writing...
    PM or VM me for more trade info

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    Actually mcdanger and Shreyas are correct, it's somewhat "terrible" in OU =/ Sorry to say, I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. But it lacks the ability to take down or even hit some walls in the OU Tier such as Metagross and Vaporeon. Here's a list:     Spoiler:- OU Walls - Mienshao Null:

However, it does possess some potential Fighting Type Moves like the uncommon yet powerful, Aura Sphere, which can prove to be useful toward Magnezone, Ferrothorn, Tyranitar and Donphan, but if they survive it, (i.e holding a Focus Sash) you may be in terrible trouble...

It also lacks some special moves that it could really benefit from to attack walls. Say if it had moves like Ice Punch, Pursuit, Dark Pulse or Blizzard for example, then it would serve as a problem to some common Pokemon in the OU Tier, even ones that aren't walls! ^-^

This also goes for those OU Sweepers aforementioned by mcdanger, like Terrakion! They can prove be super deadly against Mienshao!

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

With proper team support, it can shine.

Actually a sucky team builder. Only know how to use "dazzling moves" so not sure how to build a combination with other moves.

Spoiler:- My poketeam:

Edit: Fixed up a sentence to make more sense.
    Last edited by shottyrulz; 12th January 2013 at 1:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    Actually mcdanger and Shreyas are correct, it's somewhat "terrible" in OU =/ Sorry to say, I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. But it lacks the ability to take down or even hit some walls in the OU Tier such as Metagross and Vaporeon. Here's a list:     Spoiler:- OU Walls - Mienshao Null:

However, it does possess some potential Fighting Type Moves like the uncommon yet powerful, Aura Sphere, which can prove to be useful toward Magnezone, Ferrothorn, Tyranitar and Donphan, but if they survive it, (i.e holding a Focus Sash) you may be in terrible trouble...

It also lacks some special moves that it could really benefit from to attack walls. Say if it had moves like Ice Punch, Pursuit, Dark Pulse or Blizzard for example, then it would serve as a problem to some common Pokemon in the OU Tier, even ones that aren't walls! ^-^

This also goes for those OU Sweepers aforementioned by mcdanger, like Terrakion! They can prove be super deadly against Mienshao!
    Eh Tbh, if we're looking for an Aura Sphere user here, Lucario is a better choice. Mienshao has 95 sp.atk while Lucario has 115 with 10 extra points in both spectrums of defense. Granted, Mienshao can beat it, but Lucario has Extremespeed, which hits on Mienshao's 60 defense... so yeah. Besides, OU is full of revenge killers, and priority users. I think BP can from Banded Scizor can KO Mienshao, gotta do the calcs later, but at least it can pack a huge punch.

Nonetheless, Mienshao can still be used in OU, thought Keldeo / Terrakion outclasses it in most area. Terrakion especially gets that nifty 50% boost in sand...

EDIT: Oh yeah, Magnezones usually don't run Sash. At least I've never ran into Sash Zones before. I think Ferrothorn can take a Aura Sphere at retaliate with STAB Gyro Ball. As for T-tar, not sure, usually they just run whatever berry for my case. Donphan haz sturdyz.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Eh Tbh, if we're looking for an Aura Sphere user here, Lucario is a better choice. Mienshao has 95 sp.atk while Lucario has 115 with 10 extra points in both spectrums of defense. Granted, Mienshao can beat it, but Lucario has Extremespeed, which hits on Mienshao's 60 defense... so yeah. Besides, OU is full of revenge killers, and priority users. I think BP can from Banded Scizor can KO Mienshao, gotta do the calcs later, but at least it can pack a huge punch.

Nonetheless, Mienshao can still be used in OU, thought Keldeo / Terrakion outclasses it in most area. Terrakion especially gets that nifty 50% boost in sand...

EDIT: Oh yeah, Magnezones usually don't run Sash. At least I've never ran into Sash Zones before. I think Ferrothorn can take a Aura Sphere at retaliate with STAB Gyro Ball. As for T-tar, not sure, usually they just run whatever berry for my case. Donphan haz sturdyz.
    Luke also gets Nasty Plot to utilize on Special sets, and most Magnezone would rather run Air Balloon or Leftovers + SubCharge.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

i`m surprised this is still going on
    i say mienshao is bad because he lacks he power and speed to outright sweep, he cant set up anything besides calm mind, which as divine retribution said, lucario does better. Thus leaving him in the role of wall breaker. He was good in BW 1 when everyone used gliscor, ferrothorn, jellicent, etc. because he could KO those threats. How he faces alot of competition with kyurem black, who does the same thing, but with more power, better bulk, and arguably better typing. Plus the metagame is so offensive oriented, mienshao cant really switch in with easy because hes a glass cannon. 65/60/60 is bad, it cant switch in on a dark move from the most common dark pokemon without lossing close to half its health, basically forcing it back out, while banded hits for about 3/4. Even though he has 105 base speed, other fightings like terrakion and keldeo out class him in speed and attack, while slower fightings like breloom add more support to a team then he provides. Yes he can shie with support, but why would you waste 2 spots to support a support. Overall, he can be decent, but is outclassed in basically every area but the common fightings in OU.

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast