Sp. Def: 155
    Speed: super low at 262

~dragon Dance
    ~earthquake
    ~dragon claw
    ~brick brake

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    So you only want one member, then?

When I think hazards and physical walling, Skarmory is the first thing that comes to mind. It makes a good teammate for Blissey, though SkarmBliss isn't what it used to be, I think you could still pull it off.

Usually, people don't use stealth rocks on Gliscor, but that could work as well. All it has to do to restore health safely is use protect, making it very, very durable.

And the final physical wall I can think of is Hippowdon. Gliscor may be a better option thanks to it's instant recovery, the hippo can call in a sandstorm to help check rain teams. This guy also gets phazing.

As far as nitpicking goes, you could swap Salamence's Brick Break for Rock Slide or Stone Edge. That guy is your only thing that can outrun +1 Volcarona, and it'd suck to face a burn. Otherwise, swap it for Earthquake. That hits steel and rock, and is also more damaging.
    OK, I'll try Skarmory and the Salamence reccomendations. Thank you.

Starmie doesn't really pull it's weight, but it's pretty much my only special attacker and spinner. Can anyone help me out here?
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 17th March 2013 at 7:20 PM.

I personally prefer gdos w/ stone edge over ice fang is ice fang better? (coverage wise)
    Nuff' said -Darkrai523

Quote Originally Posted by dragsaw View Post
    How is my Haxorus?

@Muacle Band
    Mold Breaker,
    Adamant
    Atk: 410
    Def: 213
    Sp.Atk: pointless
    Sp. Def: 155
    Speed: super low at 262

~dragon Dance
    ~earthquake
    ~dragon claw
    ~brick brake
    you ALWAYS want a high speed iv on haxorus. Unless you want someone to make a team around Hadorus for you, you should probably just vm someone since not many people are going to say a one man team is good... but I doubt anyone will

Quote Originally Posted by jorge565 View Post
    [/Spoil=please help]My pokemon team

Bronzong@ leftovers / the rock that makes rain last longer
    -200def 200 Sdef 110 hp
    Levitate
    -hypnosis
    -rain dance
    -stealth rock
    -Gyro Ball, With the Explosion nerf there is no reason for you to not use Gyro ball which you can use in some mons multiple times and have a highe damage output in the long run
    My lead he makes the opponet sleep set up rocks and rain dance then switch out he can becomes a late game killer with explosion.

Gorebyss @ white herb
    Swift swim
    152 speed 152 def 200 hp
    -shell smash
    -batton pass
    -scald
    -Substitute, if your relying on hax to pass boosts, you might as well be relying on misses
    Gorebyss is a monster in speed with rain and 1 shell smash he first confuses the foe to cause auto damage then hit hard with scald hooe for burn to last longer and then baton pass ro my unstoppable physical sweeper

Scizor @ lum berry/ muscle band Why no life orb?
    Technician
    100att 252sp 152hp
    -bullet punch
    -brick break
    - bug bite
    - quick attack?
    He is already a monster without any boosts but after shell smash from gorebyss he can be a apocolypse to some teams. He practically outspeeds everything and he can sweep with his wide range of moves

Garchomp@expert belt
    Sand veil(dot have access to rough skin)
    252 att 252 sp
    -stone edge
    -outrage
    -earthquake
    -fire fang?
    He is my revenge killer not sure for last slot but he covers a lit of types and hits others with neutral damage
    He is fast and strong so most dont stand a chance fire fang would be there for steel walls that have levitate( im looking at you bronzong)
    Umbreon@ leftovers
    Inner focus
    252 def 252 Sdef
    - Wish, wish passing is cool
    -torment
    -pursuit
    - psychic
    This is mostly for scarf users i torment them forcing a switch then pursuit them causing good damage moonlight is to last longer and psychic for fighting types

Not sure for last poke :P[/spoil]
    Your Garchomp makes this an ubers team, I recommend dropping him for Landorus or something (or get rough skin). Forretress would make a good final poke since you could have hazards, spin support, and switch advantage with volt switch. I would recommend this set in specific:

Forretress @ leftovers
    Sturdy
    Relaxed
    252 hp/ 252 def/ 4 atk *0 spd Iv*
    Stealth rock
    Rapid spin
    Volt switch
    Spikes/ Gyro ball

^For the reasons above^ you may enjoy spikes if you don't find fast pokemon to be threatening. Also next time include natures

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

I'm thinking of making my first bulky offense team (I have yet to intentionally try that before), so I'd like to get some help from my first two cores.

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-Turn
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit

Banded Scizor. I've been completely ****ed by this thing before, so I'm here to try it.

Now, a lot of Jellicent will try and switch into Scizor, in hope of countering it. So instead of letting the jellyfish cripple me...

Heatran @ Leftovers
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/252 HP/4 Atk
    - Flame Charge
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - HP (Ice)

I couldn't find a flame charge heatran set ;_;. So I just went for creative mode and made this set up.

Also, I decided to try for a Pokemon I've never used before: Gliscor. I went for another approach different from usual ones: SD Poison Heal.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Orb
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 Atk/184 Def/74 HP
    - Earthquake
    - Sword Dance
    - Ice Fang
    - Protect

Now... I'm a bit stumped here. Since I'm not quite new to the conecpt of bulky offense, I'm not sure which other Pokmeon I should put, or if the mons I put above qualifys as BO.

Thanks.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    I'm thinking of making my first bulky offense team (I have yet to intentionally try that before), so I'd like to get some help from my first two cores.

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-Turn
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit

Banded Scizor. I've been completely ****ed by this thing before, so I'm here to try it.

Now, a lot of Jellicent will try and switch into Scizor, in hope of countering it. So instead of letting the jellyfish cripple me...

Heatran @ Leftovers
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/252 HP/4 Atk
    - Flame Charge
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - HP (Ice)

I couldn't find a flame charge heatran set ;_;. So I just went for creative mode and made this set up.

Also, I decided to try for a Pokemon I've never used before: Gliscor. I went for another approach different from usual ones: SD Poison Heal.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Orb
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 Atk/184 Def/74 HP
    - Earthquake
    - Sword Dance
    - Ice Fang
    - Protect

Now... I'm a bit stumped here. Since I'm not quite new to the conecpt of bulky offense, I'm not sure which other Pokmeon I should put, or if the mons I put above qualifys as BO.

Thanks.
    Seeing as how Jellicent seems to smack your team around a little, have you considered adding these two?

Rotom @ leftovers
    Levitate
    Modest
    232 hp/ 56 sp atk/ 220 spd
    Volt switch
    Hydro pump
    Will o wisp/ thunder wave
    Pain split

Virizion @ leftovers/ life orb
    Justified
    Timid
    4 hp/ 252 sp atk/ 252 spd
    Calm mind
    Giga drain
    Focus blast
    Hp ice

Those two seem to make Jellicent less of a problem

Your Garchomp makes this an ubers team, I recommend dropping him for Landorus or something (or get rough skin). Forretress would make a good final poke since you could have hazards, spin support, and switch advantage with volt switch. I would recommend this set in specific:
    Nope. With the banning of sand veil, Garchomp got dropped down to OU again.

Sorry for my lack of activity, it makes me seem like a hypocrite...I'm out of town and king out of my "comfort zone". I can't just lay down and consider team building for too long at the moment. I'll probably be on more in next week. I actually did start to try and help some more, but I got distracted before I could finish.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 20th March 2013 at 2:36 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Nope. With the banning of sand veil, Garchomp got dropped down to OU again.

Sorry for my lack of activity, it makes me seem like a hypocrite...I'm out of town and king out of my "comfort zone". I can't just lay down and consider team building for too long at the moment. I'll probably be on more in next week. I actually did start to try and help some more, but I got distracted before I could finish.
    Ummm zach, he was running sand veil, so it was an ubers team... Which is why I said "(or get rough skin)"

Hello, I've been trying out new play styles as of recent, and it seems that right now, I'm focusing on Hyper-Offensive. I'm quite sure that I understand the concept well enough to start building a team. However, I have an absolutely huge problem that continues to pester me throughout the making of my team. You see, every time I start making the team, it always basically ends up as the same Pokemon: Scizor, Haxorus, Terrakion, Azelf, Infernape, Gyarados/Dragonite. I hope you all can help me out.

So, here are the Pokemon I have so far. I wish to keep these listed below and center the HO team not completely around them, but so that most of the time, I turn to these two for sweeping. Anyways...

Azelf @Light Clay
    Timid Levitate
    252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Def
    -Taunt
    -Stealth Rock
    -Light Screen
    -Reflect
    After Deoxys-D left for Ubers, I had to turn to another lead. I would have chosen Espeon, but I wanted to set up SR too. Azelf was perfect in this scenario. Azelf is incredibly fast, always being able to Taunt the opponent before they Taunt me. Through trial and error, I have found that Azelf is an awesome HO lead. However, I don't mind changing it. As long as the suggested lead can do what Azelf does, I'm fine.

Terrakion @Air Ballon
    Jolly Justified
    252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    -Rock Polish
    -Swords Dance
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge
    Double Boost Terrakion is so perfect. If he manages to get both boosts, he is able to smash his way through all types of teams. I used Double Boost Terrakion because of his ability to demolish offensive and stall teams. Furthermore, he was an obvious choice for a hyper-offensive team, and I've never used a DB Terrakion before.

Haxorus @Lum Berry
    Adamant Mold Breaker
    252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    -Outrage
    -Dragon Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Taunt
    At first, I doubted Haxorus. I thought that its rather low speed would hold it back. However, I soon found out that I was wrong. Haxorus is just amazing. So many players are unprepared for his raw power, and thanks to Azelf's screens, he can always manage to set up at least 1 DD, and if I'm feeling a little over myself, two. After that, it's practically game. Taunt works wonders on early game phazers. Haxorus is my early game sweeper, while Terrakion works for late-game. But I use them both whenever the time is right anyways.

Here is where I get stuck. I know that Scizor demolishes all three of my first Pokemon with Bullet Punch and Bug Bite, so I was thinking that Infernape could help. If not, I was trying to take a different route and use Magnezone to trap steels or Rotom-H as I've seen a few recent Physical HO teams use to dispatch Scizor and friends.
    Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Summonight View Post
    Hello, I've been trying out new play styles as of recent, and it seems that right now, I'm focusing on Hyper-Offensive. I'm quite sure that I understand the concept well enough to start building a team. However, I have an absolutely huge problem that continues to pester me throughout the making of my team. You see, every time I start making the team, it always basically ends up as the same Pokemon: Scizor, Haxorus, Terrakion, Azelf, Infernape, Gyarados/Dragonite. I hope you all can help me out.

So, here are the Pokemon I have so far. I wish to keep these listed below and center the HO team not completely around them, but so that most of the time, I turn to these two for sweeping. Anyways...

Azelf @Light Clay
    Timid Levitate
    252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Def
    -Taunt
    -Stealth Rock
    -Light Screen
    -Reflect
    After Deoxys-D left for Ubers, I had to turn to another lead. I would have chosen Espeon, but I wanted to set up SR too. Azelf was perfect in this scenario. Azelf is incredibly fast, always being able to Taunt the opponent before they Taunt me. Through trial and error, I have found that Azelf is an awesome HO lead. However, I don't mind changing it. As long as the suggested lead can do what Azelf does, I'm fine.

Terrakion @Air Ballon
    Jolly Justified
    252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    -Rock Polish
    -Swords Dance
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge
    Double Boost Terrakion is so perfect. If he manages to get both boosts, he is able to smash his way through all types of teams. I used Double Boost Terrakion because of his ability to demolish offensive and stall teams. Furthermore, he was an obvious choice for a hyper-offensive team, and I've never used a DB Terrakion before.

Haxorus @Lum Berry
    Adamant Mold Breaker
    252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    -Outrage
    -Dragon Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Taunt
    At first, I doubted Haxorus. I thought that its rather low speed would hold it back. However, I soon found out that I was wrong. Haxorus is just amazing. So many players are unprepared for his raw power, and thanks to Azelf's screens, he can always manage to set up at least 1 DD, and if I'm feeling a little over myself, two. After that, it's practically game. Taunt works wonders on early game phazers. Haxorus is my early game sweeper, while Terrakion works for late-game. But I use them both whenever the time is right anyways.

Here is where I get stuck. I know that Scizor demolishes all three of my first Pokemon with Bullet Punch and Bug Bite, so I was thinking that Infernape could help. If not, I was trying to take a different route and use Magnezone to trap steels or Rotom-H as I've seen a few recent Physical HO teams use to dispatch Scizor and friends.
    Thanks for the help!
    Have you considered:

•dual dancing Landorus therian
    •bulk up Toxicroak
    •breloom (you could spore him)

These are just a few suggestions to add variety that could deal with Scizor

Azelf @Light Clay
    Timid Levitate
    252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Def
    -Taunt
    -Stealth Rock
    -Light Screen
    -Reflect

Terrakion @Air Ballon
    Jolly Justified
    252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    -Rock Polish
    -Swords Dance
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge

Haxorus @Lum Berry
    Adamant Mold Breaker
    252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    -Outrage
    -Dragon Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Taunt

Thanks for the help!
    So firstly, Taunt shouldn't be there when you could have a better move fro sweeping, like maybe Aqua Tail... Yeah nevermind. But consider another attacking move for coverage regardless.

Rotom-H covers Scizor well, shrugging off its dual-STAB moves and roasting him in return. That also kind of gives you a way to counter Sun and Hail teams, if that was a problem before.
    As for other pokemon for your team, Thunderus-T is always nice for the sheer damage and coverage against some of your weaknesses (namely Jellicent and Heatran).
    ...And that's about all I can help you with, since HO is not my strong point :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    Have you considered:

•dual dancing Landorus therian
    •bulk up Toxicroak
    •breloom (you could spore him)

These are just a few suggestions to add variety that could deal with Scizor
    Landorus can still get beat by Bullet Punch, Toxicroak could work, but Breloom is easily beaten by the pokemon that counter Terrakion and Haxorus. Otherwise, he can help I guess.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

@Soper; how Ho works: you send in a mon, set up, attempt a sweep, die. Rinse and repeat until you lose. Landorus T can beat scizor 1v1 every time:

Turn 1: scizor bullet punches: deals 36-42%
    Landorus uses Sd

Turn 2: scizor bullet punches again: deals another 36/42
    Landorus uses earthquake: deals 102 -121 % on bulky scizor.

Spoiler:- Calcs in case you don't believe me:

Landorus @ leftovers
    Intimidate
    Jolly
    4hp/ 252 atk/ 252 spd
    Earthquake
    Stone edge
    Swords dance
    Rock polish

You probably don't want to invest all of that into speed with rock polish, it's just a quick suggestion, which means Landorus would take hits even better than it does with the spread I am saying. As is it still beats Scizor 1v1

As far as Breloom goes I was just thinking it could spore Scizor, he was just more of another option to consider though
    Last edited by Dragonicwari; 20th March 2013 at 3:46 PM.

@Soper; how Ho works: you send in a mon, set up, attempt a sweep, die. Rinse and repeat until you lose. Landorus T can beat scizor 1v1 every time:

Landorus uses Sd

Spoiler:- Calcs in case you don't believe me:

Landorus @ leftovers
    Intimidate
    Jolly
    4hp/ 252 atk/ 252 spd
    Earthquake
    Stone edge
    Swords dance
    Rock polish

You probably don't want to invest all of that into speed with rock polish, it's just a quick suggestion, which means Landorus would take hits even better than it does with the spread I am saying. As is it still beats Scizor 1v1

As far as Breloom goes I was just thinking it could spore Scizor, he was just more of another option to consider though
    Pity I never thought of Landorus. However, I was thinking of using Landorus rather than Landorus-T. But I'm also a bit weary on using Landorus/Landorus-T because I will be incredibly weak to rain teams. Most rain teams carry HP Ice which can rip apart both Haxorus and Landorus. Of course, rain teams carry water-type attacks which can take care of Terrakion.
    I'd add Gyarados to handle this, but I'm worried about Thundurus-T too. Rain teams almost always have an electric type attack. Maybe Virizion can solve this?

Pity I never thought of Landorus. However, I was thinking of using Landorus rather than Landorus-T. But I'm also a bit weary on using Landorus/Landorus-T because I will be incredibly weak to rain teams. Most rain teams carry HP Ice which can rip apart both Haxorus and Landorus. Of course, rain teams carry water-type attacks which can take care of Terrakion.
    I'd add Gyarados to handle this, but I'm worried about Thundurus-T too. Rain teams almost always have an electric type attack. Maybe Virizion can solve this?
    Synergy wise Virizion fit's incredibly well, and even though you are running a physical HO team I think this is a case where you should use a calm mind Virizion. Another option if rain becomes to much for you to handle is Dragon dance Kingdra over Haxorus. This also lessens your ice weakness but I will admit Kingdra doesn't have Haxorus' offensive prowess

Also: I agree with soper about taunt and Haxorus, while it does have some interesting benefits (can't be phazed out, status'd, etc) you might wan't more coverage.

Doesn't anybody want to help me out?

Quote Originally Posted by Project Galaxy View Post
    Doesn't anybody want to help me out?
    I would, but I'm unexperienced in VGC. I'm sure it's the same for other members.
    Also: I agree with soper about taunt and Haxorus, while it does have some interesting benefits (can't be phazed out, status'd, etc) you might wan't more coverage.
    Swords Dance is also an excellent option to help break through stall. Very few pokemon are able to handle a +2 Outrage.

Landorus uses Sd

Except that that leaves you with almost no health left and no speed boost, making it ridiculously easy to revenge kill and pretty much useless for the rest of the battle.

Gyarados, Keldeo, Volcarona, Lucario, Infernape, and if you like underdogs, Kingdra, can also set up on Scizor rather well. In fact, they can even do it more reliably then Landorus, since they resist Bullet Punch. Even if Landy does come in and try to set up, it won't get the chance for a Rock Polish.

@Zach: your right that it leaves him at low health but if Scizor is all that is preventing him from sweeping it seemed like a solid option to me. If his opponent is running a bulkier team then all he would need is SD. Another attacking move is viable but the point of HO members is to take out things that threaten the others sweep. The Landorus I suggested does just that. As far as your other suggestions go:

• Keldeo and Volc aren't physical and he is going for a physical Ho team. Most of the time you try to stick to one end of the split. While a special attacker can work very well in a physical Ho team it can also cause a couple losses (namely you break down all of the opponents physical walls and they leave a special wall just for your special sweeper)
    • Gyarados works but I believe he plans on adding it anyways. More for taking on other rain abusers though
    • Lucario fears Superpower from Scizor and I don't think it can Ohko scizor without running something like blaze kick which it normally doesn't (it learns blaze kick last I checked). Lucarios has 4 MSS badly enough already though and something like blaze kick just causes that to worsen
    • Infernape works fine but I don't see it having many opportunities to set up. If he uses it as a Scizor counter it works just fine though as well as a wall breaker

Edit: I would help out the guy above but I'm not good with VGC. I'm mostly going to be here helping ou and uu singles teams since I understand those tiers better than any other tiers

@Zach: your right that it leaves him at low health but if Scizor is all that is preventing him from sweeping it seemed like a solid option to me. If his opponent is running a bulkier team then all he would need is SD. Another attacking move is viable but the point of HO members is to take out things that threaten the others sweep. The Landorus I suggested does just that. As far as your other suggestions go:
    Yes, but you don't want to depend on the idea of Scizor being on a slower team.

Scizor is a top threat right now, you need a reliable way around it. Landorus could be fine as a back up, but it's not what I'd call a reliable answer.
    • Keldeo and Volc aren't physical and he is going for a physical Ho team. Most of the time you try to stick to one end of the split. While a special attacker can work very well in a physical Ho team it can also cause a couple losses (namely you break down all of the opponents physical walls and they leave a special wall just for your special sweeper)
    I've seen some debate over if a team should go all physical or special, but I'm no HO expert here, so.... But Keldeo is kind of like mixed sweeper, in a sense. But it's still handled by Jellicent....
    • Lucario fears Superpower from Scizor and I don't think it can Ohko scizor without running something like blaze kick which it normally doesn't (it learns blaze kick last I checked). Lucarios has 4 MSS badly enough already though and something like blaze kick just causes that to worsen
    99% of all Scizor's you'll see will have Choice Bands, so I don't see how that matters so much...
    • Infernape works fine but I don't see it having many opportunities to set up. If he uses it as a Scizor counter it works just fine though as well as a wall breaker
    This is true, I was just throwing ideas around.

But the point I was making, which I probably should of stated, is that if it's powerful resist steel, it can probably check Scizor.

I don't feel like breaking up the post lol:

Even if Scizor isn't on a slow team, the purpose of every member of an HO team is to break down the common counters of each other. If he loses Landorus to Scizor it isn't a problem if his other sweepers plow through his opponents team. If he is also packing Gyarados but Landorus plows through most of the team then yes, he would want to use Gyarados as the go to. However that situation can be reversed and oftentimes you don't want to switch a lot with HO teams. Also, TBH, Scizor is always a top threat

Both styles can be used but I personally feel as though it is easier to stick to one side. Mainly because it makes it so you only have to break either the opponents special or physical wall. It looked like he (or she) was going for a physical HO team which is why I stated it. He could go mixed but... Their are good points not to IMO

If that's the actual statistic.... While Lucario won't fear a bullet punch I was just putting it out there that if your main scizor counter suddenly gets killed because your opponent is the other 1% when you could have avoided it by using a better counter your really not going to feel good about yourself

I actually like a lot of your ideas, I'm just trying to get out the other side to most of what you are saying as well. Most of what your saying works in theory but there are those small issues. If Summon wants to use those suggestions he (or she) should since they all work (I'm just trying to put out the one or two issues Summin may have with them). My end of the argument isn't flawless either, I just happen to have a lot of experience with HO and not a lot of people that are trying to help do

I would, but I'm unexperienced in VGC. I'm sure it's the same for other members.Swords Dance is also an excellent option to help break through stall. Very few pokemon are able to handle a +2 Outrage. Except that that leaves you with almost no health left and no speed boost, making it ridiculously easy to revenge kill and pretty much useless for the rest of the battle.

Gyarados, Keldeo, Volcarona, Lucario, Infernape, and if you like underdogs, Kingdra, can also set up on Scizor rather well. In fact, they can even do it more reliably then Landorus, since they resist Bullet Punch. Even if Landy does come in and try to set up, it won't get the chance for a Rock Polish.
    It's cool. I appreciate the gesture. I would've just liked a reply even saying that you're not knowledgeable enough on the topic is all. Thanks.

I don't feel like breaking up the post lol:

Even if Scizor isn't on a slow team, the purpose of every member of an HO team is to break down the common counters of each other. If he loses Landorus to Scizor it isn't a problem if his other sweepers plow through his opponents team. If he is also packing Gyarados but Landorus plows through most of the team then yes, he would want to use Gyarados as the go to. However that situation can be reversed and oftentimes you don't want to switch a lot with HO teams. Also, TBH, Scizor is always a top threat

Both styles can be used but I personally feel as though it is easier to stick to one side. Mainly because it makes it so you only have to break either the opponents special or physical wall. It looked like he (or she) was going for a physical HO team which is why I stated it. He could go mixed but... Their are good points not to IMO

If that's the actual statistic.... While Lucario won't fear a bullet punch I was just putting it out there that if your main scizor counter suddenly gets killed because your opponent is the other 1% when you could have avoided it by using a better counter your really not going to feel good about yourself

I actually like a lot of your ideas, I'm just trying to get out the other side to most of what you are saying as well. Most of what your saying works in theory but there are those small issues. If Summon wants to use those suggestions he (or she) should since they all work (I'm just trying to put out the one or two issues Summin may have with them). My end of the argument isn't flawless either, I just happen to have a lot of experience with HO and not a lot of people that are trying to help do
    I'd like to thank you all for your help. It turns out opposing to what I first thought about Terrakion, it's too easily revenge-killed by Scizor. But, Scizor anyways isn't that much of a big threat. I just wanted to make sure I had a way to counter him because of how abundant he is on Pokemon teams. Like you said, Infernape is hard to set up with, even with screens. I think that rain teams are just too common for me to use Infernape comfortably. Currently, I'm testing out Gyarados AND Landorus (not Therian Landorus) on the same team. I have used Gyarados before and absolutely loved it. And for Landorus, I've never used other than a ScarfedTherian form who either way didn't perform as well as I thought.
    As for Terrakion, I'm throwing him out for Dragonite. So, thanks, all of you! I'm going to start to process of testing the team out and adding any nitpicks and will make a RMT in about a week if I feel the team is successful. I'll make sure it doesn't slip my mind to give you credit. From your help and the help of PO testing, my team is currently looking like this: Azelf, Haxorus, Dragonite, Gyarados, Landorus, Lucario.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Galaxy View Post
    Hey guys I'm trying to make a team for the upcoming VGC and came here because I'm trying to fill the last 2 slots on my team although it seems things haven't been very active on the thread... Anyways! I'm trying to construct a goodstuff team that also has an answer to rain teams, which seems to be all the rage these days, as well trick room. I mean, I can think of a few ideas such as Ludicolo or Ferrothorn, but I'm not sure how well they would work with my current team. Well without further adeu, here it is:

Latios@ Dragon Gem
    Timid Nature
    EVs: 4 HP / 4 Def / 248 SpA / 4 SpD / 248 Spe
    Ability: Levitate
    -Draco Meteor
    -Psychic
    -Tailwind
    -Protect

So Latios is here as my main special attacker and DG is there to get those KO's in. I threw on Tailwind to help boost my team's speed overall and to counter swift swim abusers to a degree. Truthfully though, I'm not sure if that's the best option or if my team could fit in a better Tailwind user. Its placement in my moveset is also dependent on what the last slots of my team looks like.

Hitmontop@ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
    -Sucker Punch
    -Mach Punch
    -Fake Out
    -Wide Guard

Hitmontop is my priority/fighting type for the team. Fake out is here for obvious reasons and also to go up against trick room teams. I think he's got good synergy with Latios because he can take out those pesky dark and ice types. Wide guard is here to protect against spread moves. I'm still a little iffy on this guy. I'm not sure if I should go with another fighting type such as Terrakion.

Weavile@ Focus Sash
    Jolly Nature
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Ability: Pickpocket
    -Night Slash
    -Ice Punch
    -Taunt
    -Fake Out

So Weavile is my taunt user against trick room while also providing ice and dark coverage. Fake Out is here because the guy outspeeds any other Fake Out user. Also sending him out with Hitmontop creates good synergy and can double FO my opponent, breaking any sashes, although I can see them using Protect in this case.

Volcarona@ Charti Berry
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Ability Flamebody
    -Heat Wave
    -Bug Buzz
    -Protect
    -Hidden Power Ice

Volcarona is my fire and bug coverage. Heat Wave is there to hit both opponents provided hax doesn't hate me. The EV spread is there to maximize Sp Atk and Speed. The Charti Berry will hopefully let me survive a rock slide. Hitmontop can also take down opposing rock types, so there's another pair that works well together. Also, he's one of my favorite pokemon

And there you have it in a nutshell. There really isn't any grand overall strategy going on here seeing as it is a good stuffs team. Honestly, trick room and rain team just ripped previous team a new one on a Wifi tourney, so now I'm really trying to patch that up. With all this in mind, I still need 2 more teammates, and if you feel that my current choices could be replaced for something better let me know.
    I'd recommend ditching Volcorona and adding Politoed, Ludicolo and and Gastrodon? Tailwind and Swift Swim can outspeed anything apart from priority and what's better is Ludicolo gets Fake Out. Here's the sets:

Politoed (M) @ Iron Ball
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs:
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Protect

Gastrodon (M) @ Rindo Berry
    Trait: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Muddy Water
    - Ice Beam
    - Toxic
    - Protect

Ludicolo (M) @ Absorb Bulb
    Trait: Swift Swim
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Fake Out
    - Hydro Pump
    - Giga Drain
    - Ice Beam

Credit to Shadow for the Buttons

I'm thinking of doing a TR Team for Ubers. It's gonna be hard, but worth a shot, I guess. The theme is Ubers Trick Room Rain. It's going to be built around...

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Brave Nature
    0 Spe IVs
    - Icicle Crash
    - Ice Shard
    - Superpower
    - Earthquake

Mamoswine outspeeds a lot of Pokes in TR. Not very surprising, but meh. Anyways, Mamoswine is a Rayquaza counter. It can KO it with Icicle Crash and Ice Shard beats certain variants. But this chat goes all the window if room is up, so yeah.

Kyogre @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Quiet Nature
    0 Spe IVs
    - Water Spout
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunder
    - Hydro Pump

Simple. Boom.

And this is my lead: Whimiscott, who sets up Trick Room.

Whimiscott @ Flame Orb
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spe
    Calm Nature
    - Switcheroo
    - Light Screen
    - Trick Room
    - Taunt

It's basically a predict on lead. If lead is a Kyogre, I Light Screen to support the team. If its a physical sweeper, I'll screw it over by slapping a Flame Orb on it. I then proceed to setup TR. Taunt may also come in useful against setup sweepers / Deoxys. Who cares about Flame Orb burning though? Whimiscott will most likely get revenge killed. It's really a one-time use tissue.

Now, I'm thinking of throwing Dialga in for TR. or should I replace Whimiscott? Touts?

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

You should definitely use Dialga if you're gonna do an Uber TR team. It sets up TR reliably, and can also set up stealth rock, while still having an amazingly powerfull Draco Meteor.

After that, you have a lot of choice. there are a whole bunch of base 90's that are all very good choices for TR. Ho-oh shuts down a lot of sun teams, and is just very powerful with Sacred Fire and Brave Bird. That SR weakness is not good, though. Other good options are Zekrom, Palkia and the Giratina's. Palkia is especially useful as your team, like every other Uber team, needs a Kyogre counter. It's Hydro Pump is also boosted by your rain.

When looking at hazards, Dialga sets up SR well. Ferro is one of the fastest poke in the game in TR, and sets up spikes amazingly as well as checking Kyogre admireably. The Giratina's then work well when needing something to block rapid spin. Looking at rapid spin on your team, all three members, excluding Dialga, till this point are weak to all hazards. A rapid spin user is thus a good choice for a team supporter. Tenta is a great choice in rain, as well as Excadrill, surprisingly.

I like the Whimsicott. It is one of the few pokes who can beat lead Darkrai, and also has good matchups against other common leads. The flame orb is somewhat open for discussion, though. Stun spore is a better way of dealing with physically offensive threats, I think. It can also be used more than once. Deoxys-A is completely screwed by a priority stun spore. Instead of the flame orb, I would then use a focus sash to help against the same Deoxys-A to get up TR and stun spore it.

concluding, your team definitely needs Dialga, and after that a dragon resist, preferably a rapid spin user, a Kyogre counter and maybe a hazard setter. Looking at that list, Ferrothorn looks like a perfect fit for your team, but there are of course also a lot of other good choices. GL with the team!
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

So, I am speculating on creating a team, and this is what I plan to have thus far:

Hydreigon
    Jolteon
    Gastrodon
    Dusknoir
    Heatran
    ???

I am curious as to what I should have as my sixth Pokemon. You see, I like to have complete diversity from typings on my team, so the sixth cannot be Fire, Steel, Ghost, Electric, Dragon, Dark, Water, or Ground. However, I do want an intimidating Pokemon that can a.) Cover some weaknesses of my team and b.) Be a tank.

Also, I was curious to if I should switch out Heatran with Infernape. They both seem good competitively, but despite me loving Infernape (my first evolved Pokemon), I like tanks. Therefore, I don't use him, despite wanting to. Although I could switch out Jolteon with something else...?

tl;dr I want a physical tank who could fit my team well.
    Last edited by DarkTitan837; 26th March 2013 at 11:11 PM.

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast