Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Team Building Help Thread

Try something like Landorus-I + Weavile. Weavile is a good partner for Keldeo, Pursuiting Latias and Celebi to death. T-Tar works well too, but LO + sand means Keldeo will go down very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    How about you use something like U-Turn Landorus?

Landorus @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sheer Force
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Naive Nature
    - U-Turn
    - Earth Power
    - Focus Blast
    - HP Ice

U-Turn means that Celebi is no longer a safe check to landorus, and helps with Breloom's weakness to Celebi and Latias.
    I like Lando-I. I'll try him out some.

Spoiler:- So now the team is this::

I don't really want to use Weavile. His low Attack power and relying on weak Stab moves makes him unappealing to me.

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

Quote Originally Posted by Keldminrachi91 View Post
    Okay, so I've been reading a bunch of articles about EV training, IV breeding, etc (the nerdy side of me kicking in) and I have wanted to start seeing if I can make a competitive team. The only thing is, I have no idea where to start. I have some ideas for members, and I think I'll start with UU, but this is really all I have so far. I don't want to do a rain or sun team, mainly because they usually require DW Politoad/Ninetales, which I don't have, or really any type of weather team, for that matter. I'm thinking maybe start off with some Pokémon that seem to work well together on paper, and then maybe try to form something...? Although I'm *possibly* considering a Baton Pass team...

Mienshao
    ~Hi Jump Kick
    ~U-Turn
    ~Acrobatics
    ~???

Suicune (maybe?)
    Togekiss
    Mismagius

Like I said, I'm really new at this, and any and all advice is very much appreciated!
    your mienshao needs to have the Regenerator ability, a Jolly nature and either Fake Out or Swords dance for the last move. Also, since you're using Acrobatics I'd suggest a flying gem as the hold item. standard 252 atk / 252 speed should do the trick as far as EVs go.

Suicune is an old favorite for competitive battling, considering he/she/it is bulky as ****. A RestTalk set should do the trick here. The amount of frustration it would put you through to nature AND hidden power hunt suicune on the ds games is far too high, otherwise I'd suggest something better.

Bold
    220 HP 184 Def 104 Sp Def
    Leftovers
    -Scald
    -Ice Beam
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk

Mismagius works well for a Burn Support role, but that's about all she's good for. The whole point of this set is to block common priority moves, pass burns along the other team, and de-status your team with heal bell.

Timid
    252 Sp Atk / 252 Speed
    Focus Sash
    -Shadow Ball
    -Heal Bell
    -Will-o-wisp
    -Pain Split

Togekiss works well as either a baton passer, wish support, bulky sweeper, or a special tank depending on what you want to use it for. You could go with Serene Grace if you wanted to be haxy, or Super-luck (assuming you have dw kiss) if you want to be a crit-hax abooser.

Baton Pass
    Calm
    236 HP 160 Sp Def 112 Speed
    Leftovers/Lum Berry
    -Baton Pass
    -Roost/Morning Sun/Wish
    -Nasty Plot
    -Air Slash

Wish Support
    Calm
    252 hp 252 sp def
    Leftovers/Lum Berry
    -Wish
    -Aura sphere/Air Slash
    -Protect
    -Yawn/Encore/Toxic

Special Tank
    Calm
    252 hp 252 Sp def
    Leftovers/Lum Berry
    -Roost
    -Substitute
    -Air Slash
    -Fire Blast/Aura sphere

Special Sweeper
    Modest (choice scarf) / timid
    252 sp atk 252 speed
    Choice Scarf (HP Ground) / Leftovers / Lum Berry
    -Air Slash
    -Aura Sphere/Fire Blast
    -Grass Knot
    -Hidden Power Ground/Thunder wave

**Note** The preferred item is Choice scarf, but if your togekiss doesn't have HP ground then you can run Twave on it to try and even out the speed issue.

what you decide to do with Togekiss determines who your last two should be. If you take one of the supportive roles, i'd suggest a Ooze Tenta as your special tank-rapid spinner.

Liquid Ooze
    Bold
    252 HP / 252 def
    black sludge
    -scald
    -ice beam
    -giga drain
    -rapid spin

That should keep people from trying to leech seed stall you, since liquid ooze will make them lose hp instead of gain it. and since you have such a large amount of elec weakness on your team, I suggest your special sweeper (if you're not using togekiss for it) be DW Nidoking. nidoking brings the electivire factor to sp atk, replicating the moveset that hits 13/17 types in the game for se damage.

Sheer Force
    Timid
    252 Sp Atk / 252 Speed
    Life Orb
    -Earth Power
    -Ice beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Focus Blast

Total: 575 W/285 L

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Spoiler:- Examples of my work:

Quote Originally Posted by Rasati
    "Run away? We could have ran away at any time we wanted, but would we find true freedom if we ran away from our problems? We may succeed in a temporary escape, but unless we grasp true victory by fighting we'd live in constant fear that our freedom might be taken again. It's meaningless unless freedom is earned through winning battles."

Hi! I've recently decided to attempt building a team for competitive play after getting a hold of Magic Bounce Espeon (it blew me away, not even gonna lie). I already have 3 Pokemon in mind for this team, but please note that only Espeon is set in stone; the rest, I'm willing to switch out the rest if necessary.

Espeon (Magic Bounce / Modest)
    - Psychic
    - Calm Mind
    - Signal Beam (can try to get HP)
    - Baton Pass

--> I'm actually thinking of running a dual screens set on Espeon; would this be a good idea? I know Modest amps SpA and might not be the best nature for a slightly more defensive set, but it's the best I've got so far. I'm open to suggestions.

Cloyster (Skill Link / Jolly)
    - Shell Smash
    - Icicle Spear
    - Rock Blast
    - Razor Shell

--> Your standard skill link set. Thinking of using a White Herb instead of Focus Sash. I'm also open to running a more defensive set, say something like the Utility set in Smogon.

Magnezone (Modest / Sturdy)
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power Fire
    - Thunderbolt / Discharge (if only for paralysis)
    - Flash Cannon

--> I'm a huge fan of Magnezone, having using him in my in-game team. He's saved my *** quite a number of times. Using Sturdy over Magnet Pull for longevity, but would it be wiser to have Magnet Pull? Also, I've had experience using Magnet Rise in-game and it was really useful. Would it prove its worth in competitive play?

Other Pokemon I'm interested in using are Skill Link!Cinccino, Speed Boost!Yanmega, Togekiss (Aura Sphere, Air Slash, Extrasensory, Roost // used one before and it was an amazing experience), Gliscor.

Thank you so much!

You'll definitely want to run magnet pull over sturdy on Magnezone. I'd use a Choice Specs set that can beat every steel type there is. Then, when steel types are gone, you'll want to have a dragon type that can sweep through teams. Choice scarf Moxie Salamence is a very good choice, but dragon dance Dragonite is also a fantastic option. Try to get Multiscale on it though, it's so much better than Inner Focus. Oh, and I wouldn't run Magnet rise if I were you. It's too gimmicky for competitive play.

About Cloyster, I'd give it a white herb, as you can live a Scizor Bullet Punch after a shell smash that way.

Gliscor would work with your team, as it is an excellent physical wall that stops all fighting types. Use Poison heal and give it a toxic orb with the moves Earthquake Substitute Protect Toxic. The other mons you were interested in can be good but I wouldn't recommend them.

Anyways, GL with the team!
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

I have an idea of an OU team with a few weird sets. I wanted to start off with Rock Polish Golurk.

Golurk @ Life Orb
    Trait: No Guard
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Dynamicpunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Thunder Punch / Fire Punch
    - Rock Polish

I've seen a guy suggest a RP Golurk for someone's team. Maybe it was doubles. I was rather intrigued by this and I wanted to try it out myself. Although its speed is downright horrible, at +2 Jolly, it hits 458 speed, outspeeding +1 0 Spe Salamence, Jirachi and -spe IV 0 spe Volcarona. It evens outspeed a +2 Timid Gorebyss as well as 0 speed Haxorus at +1. DynamicPunch is the main attack of the set, being able to crush through stuff with its 124 attack + a 100 base power dynamicpunch. Stone Edge rounds up those that can't hit by dynamicpunch for super effective damage, as well as do some cleanup while not wasting dynamicpunch's small pp. Thunder Punch allows Golurk to 2HKO Jellicent after rocks, as well as still being able to hit Skarmory. Fire Punch is another option if I want to hit Ferro harder, but meh.

The Fighting/Rock/Thunder combo is only resisted by a handful of non-OU mons like Nidoking/queen and Claydol.

Now, Golurk is going to be beaten by water, grass, dark and ghost moves. One pokemon walls it all.

Ferrothorn @ Choice Band
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0
    Brave Nature
    - Gyro Ball
    - Power Whip
    - Bulldoze
    - Explosion

CB Ferro is not a 'standard' Pokemon. It's really rare actually. What makes CB Ferro so effective is its unpredictableness. It can use Bulldoze to hit any incoming zone or tran, while Gyro Ball decimitate fast Pokemon like Salamence and Power Whip beats down Jellicent. I mean, nobody usually tries to burn Ferrothorn, seeing how the standard set just uses SR Leech Seed. Explosion is the final move to blow up everything, and still hits pretty hard despite the nerf.

Well, let's play with another fun set: Custap Berry Skarmory!

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
    Jolly Nature
    - Brave Bird
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes
    - Taunt

Thoughts?

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

@Oceanic: Rain looks nice on your team, so Toed would probably fit. You could always try hurricane Volc with that and a spinner

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    @Oceanic: Rain looks nice on your team, so Toed would probably fit. You could always try hurricane Volc with that and a spinner
    Hmm... But I don't want to make this a weather-oriented team. I have nothing against weather, but I'm thinking of going back and play weather less again.

I haven't tested it my team yet, but I added a Specs Jellicent and Standard Tentacruel. Specs Jellicent is supposed to be a spin blocker. Why two spinblockers, you ask? Golurk pretty much dies to Starmie and Tentacruel, so I need Jellicent to take Donphan, Starmie and Tentacruel with its magnificent Water Spout. I'm also adding Tentacruel to help patch up Ferro's and Skarm's Fire weakness. As for the revenge killer, I'm thinking of scarf haxorus.... Or maybe Chompster?

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I'd recommend Garchomp, iirc it has better bulk, typing, and it's speed tier is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Hmm... But I don't want to make this a weather-oriented team. I have nothing against weather, but I'm thinking of going back and play weather less again.

I haven't tested it my team yet, but I added a Specs Jellicent and Standard Tentacruel. Specs Jellicent is supposed to be a spin blocker. Why two spinblockers, you ask? Golurk pretty much dies to Starmie and Tentacruel, so I need Jellicent to take Donphan, Starmie and Tentacruel with its magnificent Water Spout. I'm also adding Tentacruel to help patch up Ferro's and Skarm's Fire weakness. As for the revenge killer, I'm thinking of scarf haxorus.... Or maybe Chompster?
    The entry hazards will be required for Golurk to sweep and for that purpose spin blocking is a necessity. IMO the standard jellicent can do it more reliably than the specs one. The specs variant lacks means of recovery and will be worn out easily by the stray hits from spinners. They might not stay in on it anyways. Choiced Latios can be worth a spot considering how gliscor and landorus can stop golurk as well as ferrothorn and can set up or hit back hard.

I am trying to make my single battle team an ultimate one so please tel me how to alter it (and try and put the altered things in bold so I can tell the differance)

1. Electivire
    Item: ??? (Ideas anyone)
    Nature: atk+ spatk- 255ev atk 255ev spd
    Moves: cross chop, thunder punch, fire punch and earthquake
    Ability: motor drive

2. Magmortar
    Item: heat rock
    Nature: spatk+ atk- 255ev spatk 255ev spd
    Moves:sunny day, flamethrower, solarbeam and earth power
    Ability: flame body

3. Infernape
    Item: leftovers
    Nature: even 255ev atk 255ev spd
    Moves: thunder punch, ice punch, fire punch and close combat
    Ability: iron fist

4. Dusknoir
    Item:leftovers
    Nature: def+ spatk- 255ev def 255ev spdef
    Moves: shadow punch, brick break, will-o-wisp and pain split
    Ability: pressure
    Note: dusknoir is a must

5. Gengar
    Item: ??? (Again help needed)
    Nature: spd+ atk- 200ev spd 200ev spatk 110ev hp
    Moves: pain split (love that move) dark pulse ??? And ???
    Ability: levitate

6. Victini
    Item: quick claw
    Nature even 102 atk, spatk, def, spd, spdef
    Moves: v-create, fusion bolt, u-turn (for when his stats go low thanks to v-create or for scouting) and energy ball (ground rock water coverage)
    Ability:victory star
    Last edited by Victiniepicness; 2nd May 2013 at 6:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Victiniepicness View Post
    I am trying to make my single battle team an ultimate one so please tel me how to alter it (and try and put the altered things in bold so I can tell the differance)

1. Electivire

2. Magmortar

3. Infernape

4. Dusknoir

5. Gengar

6. Victini
    Moves: v-create, fusion bolt, u-turn (for when his stats go low thanks to v-create or for scouting) and energy ball (ground rock water coverage)
    You should just make an RMT for this bro

Yeah I agree except salamence with roost outrage earthquake and dragon dance and moxie is epic
    It is but that extra speed can be nice, also, you should post a little less bro, you hid your own post

This is a Team I'm currently working on

Regice @ Leftovers/Shell Bell
    Clear Body
    Careful Nature
    - Amnesia
    - Ice Beam
    - Hammer Arm
    - Curse

Careful Nature and Amnesia set up for an amazing Special Defense wall with Shell Bell or Leftovers used to Keep Regice up. Ice Beam is Regice's STAB move and has a chance to freeze with Hammer Arm keeping away Rock and Steel Types. Curse can be used to get Regice's Attack up and do more damage with an added increased Defense.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
    EVs: 232 HP / 56 SpA / 220 Spe
    Modest Nature
    -Hydro Pump
    -Volt Switch
    -Pain Split
    -Will-o-Wisp

Can be used as a moderate wall and can set up for switches with Volt Turn. Ultimately a Rain buster with Hydro Pump being boosted in the rain, Volt Switch to take out Swift Swimmers or other Water Types. Pain Split can be used for Evening the odds a bit getting Rotom's health up to half and taking down the opponents. Will-o-Wisp to keep continual damage going and using the Leftovers works with Pain Split to get a quick edge

Dragonite @ ???
    Inner Focus
    - Dragon Tail
    - Thunder Wave
    - Fire Punch
    - Dragon Dance

Typical shuffler. T-wave and Dragon Tail to spread Paralysis around, and Dragon Dance to in crease Damage to Dragon Tail and Fire Punch

Definitely need work on this. Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
    My microwave is shooting electricity from the back and it's scaring me.

Gengar is changed to
    Moves:dark pulse
    Hypnosis
    Nightmare
    Stealth rock

Hi! I'm trying to build a team and would be open to any helpful advice. So far, I have:

Durant @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Truant
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Entrainment
    - Iron Head
    - Stone Edge
    - X-Scissor
    This is my opening pokemon. I open with entrainment to change the enemy's ability to truant, making them skip every other move.

Smeargle @ Leftovers
    Trait: Own Tempo
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Shell Smash
    - Protect
    - Baton Pass
    - Mean Look
    This is used to maximize the attack, special attack, and speed stats. Assuming the enemy does not switch out, Smeargle can use mean look to trap the pokemon, and then alternate between protect and shell smash until attack is maximized. Then, all those stats are baton passed to Cloyster.

Cloyster @ White Herb
    Trait: Skill Link
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Icicle Spear
    - Rock Blast

The White Herb removes the defense and special defense drops. With skill link, icicle spear and rock blast hit 5 times each.

I need help adding 3 extra pokemon, and adding 2 more moves for cloyster. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by kzhu98; 4th May 2013 at 5:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kzhu98 View Post
    Smeargle @ Leftovers
    Trait: Own Tempo
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Shell Smash
    - Protect
    - Baton Pass
    - Mean Look
    This is used to maximize the attack, special attack, and speed stats. Assuming the enemy does not switch out, Smeargle can use mean look to trap the pokemon, and then alternate between protect and shell smash until attack is maximized. Then, all those stats are baton passed to Cloyster.

Cloyster @ White Herb
    Trait: Skill Link
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Icicle Spear
    - Rock Blast
    While this does give cloyster a major boost in battle it makes smeargle extremely repetitive and this strategy is easily Power Swapped or Feinted.

Smeargle isn't safe and neither is Cloyster. I would suggest using moves that immobilize the target like t-wave or sleep powder to give you time to stat boost safely and switch into Cloyster smoothly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
    My microwave is shooting electricity from the back and it's scaring me.

Gengar is changed to
    Moves:dark pulse
    Hypnosis
    Nightmare
    Stealth rock
    Do you need stealth rock AND nightmare?

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

1. Electivire

2. Magmortar

3. Infernape

4. Dusknoir

5. Gengar

6. Victini
    What tier are you wanting to battle in with this team? As is, the only two pokes on there that are OU are Infernape and Gengar.

Total: 575 W/285 L

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Spoiler:- Examples of my work:

Quote Originally Posted by Rasati
    "Run away? We could have ran away at any time we wanted, but would we find true freedom if we ran away from our problems? We may succeed in a temporary escape, but unless we grasp true victory by fighting we'd live in constant fear that our freedom might be taken again. It's meaningless unless freedom is earned through winning battles."

Hi everyone!

I am just now getting back into the competitive battling scene of Black and White. The last time I have really been a competitive battler was way back in the last days of the fourth gen, so I am kind of rusty as a battler.

Anyway, I started doing some random match-ups to get a feel for battling, and I started to see a recurring pattern, my team is far too weak when faced with fighting time pokemon.

And so, I am hoping that you can all give me some tips on how I can improve my team!

My team is as follows:

Infernape@Lum berry/Life orb
    Blaze
    Ev'd in att. and spd.
    Jolly Natured
    -Flame Wheel (To be replaced)
    -Flare Blitz
    -Close Combat
    -Shadow Claw

Overall is a lead that hits like a truck! He can't take much damage, through.

Weavile@Expert Belt
    Presure
    Ev'd in att. and spd.
    Adamant Natured
    -Ice Shard
    -Ice Punch
    -Night Slash
    -Brick Break

My other lead (They tend to switch), and an overall good revenge killer/hard hitter.

Porygon2@Evolite
    Trace
    Ev'd in defences
    Jolly Natured
    -T-Wave
    -Bolt-Beam
    -Recover

My teams wall and support mage. He tends to stick around a long time, and is only really threatened my FIghting moves and toxic.

Porygon-Z@Normal Gem
    Adaptability
    Ev'd in spatt. and SPD.
    Modest Natured
    -Tri Attack
    -T-Bolt
    -Psychic
    -Signal Beam

A speedy special sweeper. Has good coverage, but can’t take more than a few hits.

Blissey@Leftovers
    Serence Grace
    Ev'd in spatt and spdef
    Modest natured
    -Calm Mind
    -Softboiled
    -Bolt-Beam

My special wall and tank. Nothing new to say here.

T-Tar@(Undecided)
    Sand Stream
    Ev'd in spd and att
    Adamant Natured
    -Superpower
    -Crunch
    -Ice Punch
    -Earthquake

This fellow’s Superpowered punch is capable of destroying 1% of the universe... but he doesn’t tend to stay around very long...

Above is my typical team, but I do have a few others that are sometimes subbed in for Blissy and T-Tar...

Wheezing@Leftovers/Toxic Plate
    Levitate
    Ev'd in defences
    Bold Natured
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Will O Wisp
    -Destiny Bond
    -Explosion

This shiny fellow tends to come in, leave some burns, and go out in a BOOM!

Gliscor@Yatche Berry (Ice resist berry)
    Hyper Cutter
    Ev'd in att and spd
    Adamant Natured
    -Ice Fang
    -EQ
    -Roost
    -

I would think this offensive tank would help with fighting types...

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read my post here, and I gratefully await your response.

Thanks in advance!
    My 3DS FC is 0216-0846-6549

We have returned!!! Come check us out!

I put the following on a thread for a rating and then found this place. Honestly i'm looking for replacements for lucario and azumarill maybe, if I could get any suggestions? Also a general/specific comment on the whole team would be appreciated. Thanks!

Spoiler:- :
    Last edited by Kode D Tacht; 18th May 2013 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kode D Tacht View Post
        Spoiler:- :
    You should post this in a separate thread if you want to get a rate. This thread is only for incomplete teams
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

Well my team is

Chandelure @ life orb
    ability:flash fire
    nature: spatk+ spdef-
    EVs 252/252/4 spatk spd hp
    Moves:
    -heat wave
    -shadow ball
    -hp rock
    -energy ball
    So I use heat wave for primary stab tied with shadow ball for massive destruction energy ball for rock water ground hp rock for dragons (neutral) but lots are dual flying types
    This pokemon (as well as electivire) is my usual lead he focuses on achieving my teams main goal type coverage but he also is good for sweeping and is epic and looks epic and is strong so I use him in my team.fire immunity is also helpful.ps if in sun you hit hard but they hit nu'ing. PPS I caught him like that (see evs) but I love him and I'm keeping him that way but feel free to change it on yours

Electivire @ expert sash
    ability:motor drive
    nature:atk+ spatk-
    EVs 252/252/4 atk spd hp
    Moves
    -ice punch
    -wild charge
    -earthquake
    -cross chop
    Now let me say that he can deal with what chandelure can't HEATRAN earthquake but balloon then pop with cross chop wild charge for stab ice punch for dragons/grounds earthquake for electrics/fires/steels/HEATRANS cross chop for balloon heatran normals ices steels and more
    So expert belt for nealy everything (but levitate bronzog I don't like) but chandy can help him with swap/revenge kill it he also helps with keeping the team spirit.

Dusknoir @leftovers
    ability : pressure
    EVs 100/200/200/8 atk def spdef hp
    Moves:
    -brick break
    -shadow punch
    -will-o-wisp
    -pain split
    Will-o-wisp+attack until health gets low+pain split when Health is low=some dead pokemon for their team.
    Trust me he's absolutely invincible for a bit of time but during that time your opponent (unless is a computer)will be ripping their hair out while he's in so yeeeeeaaaaah I'm not going to do an explanation since a:top sentence says it all b: it'll take a long time

Jellicent @leftovers
    ability:cursed body
    nature:can't remember
    EVs 108/200/200 hp def spdef
    Moves:
    -scald
    -taunt
    -recover
    -shadow ball
    Well if I were an opponent of mine I would try and set up on this bulky jellicent well taunt problem solved eventually its health goes down through constant damage well recover and his only prob is steel well chandy/dusknoir/electivire/breloom can go "oh jellicent's gone I'm filling in"and then blast them to kingdom come then swap back because spikers can't lay spikes hahahahahahahahaha

Breloom @ life orb
    ability:technician
    nature can't remember
    evs 252/252/4 atk spd hp
    Moves:
    -spore
    -swords dance
    -bullet seed
    -Mach punch
    Mach punch tech. + 50% stab +50% life orb +10%=88 + priority
    88 +394 atk stat
    Bullet seed(one hit) 25 tech. +50% stab +50% life orb +10%=52.5(53)
    53-265+394=447-659 (1-5 hits)
    Swords dance x atk by 2 4 6 and deadly surprise for opponent spore= sleep

So now I'm looking for another good pokemon for my team maybe scizor I'm also looking for changes and am free for advice(changes in bold please)
    Last edited by Victiniepicness; 20th May 2013 at 1:27 PM. Reason: Pokemon symbols+formatting

@ victini

Would you mind putting your post into this format:

Pokemon @ item
    Ability:
    EVs:
    Nature:
    - move
    - move
    - move
    - move

Description.

With copy and paste it shouldn't take you long, and it is kind of a head ache for me to look at your style to be honest

I'll get to editing that now but swap evs and natures
    Last edited by Victiniepicness; 20th May 2013 at 1:26 PM.

Well my team is

Chandelure @ life orb
    ability:flash fire
    nature: spatk+ -atk
    EVs 252/252/4 spatk spd hp
    Moves:
    -Flamethrower/ overheat
    -shadow ball
    -hp rock
    -energy ball
    So I use heat wave for primary stab tied with shadow ball for massive destruction energy ball for rock water ground hp rock for dragons (neutral) but lots are dual flying types
    This pokemon (as well as electivire) is my usual lead he focuses on achieving my teams main goal type coverage but he also is good for sweeping and is epic and looks epic and is strong so I use him in my team.fire immunity is also helpful.ps if in sun you hit hard but they hit nu'ing. PPS I caught him like that (see evs) but I love him and I'm keeping him that way but feel free to change it on yours

Electivire @ expert sash
    ability:motor drive
    EVs 252/252/4 atk spd hp
    Moves
    -ice punch
    -wild charge
    -earthquake
    -cross chop
    Now let me say that he can deal with what chandelure can't HEATRAN earthquake but balloon then pop with cross chop wild charge for stab ice punch for dragons/grounds earthquake for electrics/fires/steels/HEATRANS cross chop for balloon heatran normals ices steels and more
    So expert belt for nealy everything (but levitate bronzog I don't like) but chandy can help him with swap/revenge kill it he also helps with keeping the team spirit.

Dusknoir @leftovers
    ability : pressure
    EVs 100/200/200/8 atk def spdef hp
    Moves:
    -brick break
    -shadow punch
    -will-o-wisp
    -pain split
    Will-o-wisp+attack until health gets low+pain split when Health is low=some dead pokemon for their team.
    Trust me he's absolutely invincible for a bit of time but during that time your opponent (unless is a computer)will be ripping their hair out while he's in so yeeeeeaaaaah I'm not going to do an explanation since a:top sentence says it all b: it'll take a long time

Jellicent @leftovers
    ability:cursed body
    nature: Bold
    EVs 108/200/200 hp def spdef
    Moves:
    -scald
    -taunt
    -recover
    -shadow ball
    Well if I were an opponent of mine I would try and set up on this bulky jellicent well taunt problem solved eventually its health goes down through constant damage well recover and his only prob is steel well chandy/dusknoir/electivire/breloom can go "oh jellicent's gone I'm filling in"and then blast them to kingdom come then swap back because spikers can't lay spikes hahahahahahahahaha

Breloom @ life orb
    ability:technician
    nature Adamant/Jolly
    evs 252/252/4 atk spd hp
    Moves:
    -spore
    -swords dance
    -bullet seed
    -Mach punch
    Mach punch tech. + 50% stab +50% life orb +10%=88 + priority
    88 +394 atk stat
    Bullet seed(one hit) 25 tech. +50% stab +50% life orb +10%=52.5(53)
    53-265+394=447-659 (1-5 hits)
    Swords dance x atk by 2 4 6 and deadly surprise for opponent spore= sleep

So now I'm looking for another good pokemon for my team maybe scizor I'm also looking for changes and am free for advice(changes in bold please)
    This is going to sound weird but Scarf Abomasnow looks solid on your team. It makes it so Chandelure can use fire type attacks against rain teams, helps cover your ground weakness and it gives you a scarfer most people don't expect

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 LastLast