Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Building Help Thread

The only way to tell for sure is to do a calc.

4Atk Tornadus (Neutral) Hammer Arm in Sun vs 252HP/252Def Eviolite Chansey (+Def): 30% - 36% (216 - 256 HP). Guaranteed 4HKO.
    4Atk Tornadus (Neutral) Hammer Arm in Sun vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Blissey (+Def): 41% - 48% (294 - 348 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.

Yeah...I wouldn't really count on it. That give them plenty of time to T-wave you, or at least get the heck out and avoid falling for it again.

Too bad, I would of tried it out myself...
    Last edited by Zachmac; 24th May 2012 at 8:37 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Blissey's physical bulk is actually fairly decent if invested. I've used it and it survived a Hariyama's Cross Chop.'
    If you're using a non defensive set it would have OHKO'd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    Considering I have used life orb hammer arm torney, i think yes, it wont OHKO bliss, or heatran, or chansey.
    Focus Blast will be doing more on Heatran. And it's for Bliss. Not Chansey. Nothing really OHKO's Chansey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    The only way to tell for sure is to do a calc.

4Atk Tornadus (Neutral) Hammer Arm in Sun vs 252HP/252Def Eviolite Chansey (+Def): 30% - 36% (216 - 256 HP). Guaranteed 4HKO.
    4Atk Tornadus (Neutral) Hammer Arm in Sun vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Blissey (+Def): 41% - 48% (294 - 348 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.

Yeah...I wouldn't really count on it. That give them plenty of time to T-wave you, or at least get the heck out and avoid falling for it again.

Too bad, I would of tried it out myself...
    I don't think we should take out Spec Attk EV's. It's a Choice Specs set. Hammer Arm won't even be used much. It's centered around Hurricane. Hurricane and Uturn will probably be the only moves used. Or, from my experience, that's how it works.

Here's how it's supposed to work.

You send in Tornadus. Foe thinks "Oh. He's gonna use Hurricane."
    So they switch in Bliss, take 12% from Rocks, then lose another 45% (assuming it's mid damage), They can't wish or softboil. Meaning, now they have to switch, and when they do, you also switch appropriately.
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

-Alex

Quote Originally Posted by ❤Lady Baltny❤ View Post
    If you're using a non defensive set it would have OHKO'd.

Focus Blast will be doing more on Heatran. And it's for Bliss. Not Chansey. Nothing really OHKO's Chansey.

I don't think we should take out Spec Attk EV's. It's a Choice Specs set. Hammer Arm won't even be used much. It's centered around Hurricane. Hurricane and Uturn will probably be the only moves used. Or, from my experience, that's how it works.

Here's how it's supposed to work.

You send in Tornadus. Foe thinks "Oh. He's gonna use Hurricane."
    So they switch in Bliss, take 12% from Rocks, then lose another 45% (assuming it's mid damage), They can't wish or softboil. Meaning, now they have to switch, and when they do, you also switch appropriately.
    Life orb is worth considering, because with rocks and myabe 1 spikes, you can 2HKO them both, and probably net a hurricane then hammer arm KO on blissey.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

The reason that Choice Specs is used in Rain is because Hurricane is so powerful, and with Tornadus' natural speed, it can outspeed and OHKO everything with 110 Base Speed and below without taking a scratch.

Well, it's exaggerating, but it can 2HKO loads of stuff.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I'm considering using this set for Jirachi:

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
    Hasty/Naive Nature {+Spe -SDef}
    EVs: 152 Atk / 204 SAtk / 152 Spe
    -Iron Head
    -Fire Punch
    -Hidden Power Ice
    -Psychic

I am considering using this set to help my next teammate Terrakion, who would be easily revenged by Breloom(in DW OU)/Conkeldurr/Gengar. However, I am a shaky check to Gengar, as LO Shadow Ball/Focus Blast 2HKOs Jirachi. Hidden Power Ice is what makes the two synergize well, as when Gliscor dies and Jirachi kicks the bucket, Terrakion has a nice sweep after a Rock Polish. Scizor is also unsafe, as Fire Punch OHKOs after Stealth Rock damage.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly Nature {+Spe -SAtk}
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge
    -X-Scissor
    -Rock Slide/Sacred Sword

Standard Choice Scarf Terrakion. It can pick up on any holes that Jirachi and other teammates inflicted on my foe, and hopes to finish off the unfinished business.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    The reason that Choice Specs is used in Rain is because Hurricane is so powerful, and with Tornadus' natural speed, it can outspeed and OHKO everything with 110 Base Speed and below without taking a scratch.

Well, it's exaggerating, but it can 2HKO loads of stuff.
    111 Speed, actually.
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

-Alex

111 Speed, actually.
    I meant that because of it, it risks a speed tie with other Thundurus and Tornadus, but it can hit everything first that has 110 or less base speed actually.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    I meant that because of it, it risks a speed tie with other Thundurus and Tornadus, but it can hit everything first that has 110 or less base speed actually.
    Ah okay. Even though Thundurus is Uber I understand.

-Alex

200 base power coming from 266 Atk. You think it wouldn't KO Blissey? Maybe not Chansey, but not Blissey? HAHAHA. No.

You never gave an argument for why use HP Ice.

^
    we al have our own opinions dont we? And besides I use it on my team and I got 1411 on the ladder, so it must work.

*Credit Goes To Sworn Metalhead*

Quote Originally Posted by Jr Breshears View Post
    we al have our own opinions dont we? And besides I use it on my team and I got 1411 on the ladder, so it must work.
    You're still not stating why HP Ice would be better than Focus Blast/Hammer Arm.

-Alex

Can we focus on the other team members please?

Forretress or Tentacruel? They both spin and set up hazards.

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post

What does the team have so far? I forgot. Tell me, their movesets, and we can help more.

-Alex

Lol its just a suggestions, its mostly about what u want to cover on ur team.

*Credit Goes To Sworn Metalhead*

Generally I find max speed/sp atk life orb tentacruel to be effective in rain, with rain dish to heal LO recoil
    try Tentacruel (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Rain Dish
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Rapid Spin
    - Ice Beam
    - Hydro Pump
    - Sludge Bomb/Hidden power [grass]

It may seem strange, but an offensive tenta will suprise people, making it harder to wall, and dual stab LO hydro pump does serious damage.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 176 HP / 124 Atk / 208 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Waterfall
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Recover
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Calm Mind

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Lava Plume
    - Toxic
    - Stealth Rock
    - Protect

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - U-turn
    - Bullet Punch
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Seismic Toss
    - Toxic
    - Wish
    - Protect
    Need a defensive wall, and a sixth member. Can't be weak to fighting. Needs good synergy. I can change Chansey to something else if needed. Kthanks.

-Alex

Need a defensive wall, and a sixth member. Can't be weak to fighting. Needs good synergy. I can change Chansey to something else if needed. Kthanks.
    gliscor and skarmory are both options, as scizor covers ice types, heatran fire/ice, latias electric/fire/water and chansey gets some walling on any special who tries to break them. Also chansey can have 4 ev's in special defense, she only has 504.
    I would suggest either toxic stall gliscor, Uturn gliscor (with portect, toxic orb, 2 attacks+ U turn) or skarm for spikes/whirlwind/taunting. Right now terrakion can hurt your team (no one resists rock, so once a few hazards are up and scizor is gone later in the game, scarf terri can do some damage) so gliscor and skarm seem good to me. watch out for DD mence or nite though, they will hurt at +1/2, unless you can intimidate juggle, which wont work if rocks are up.

Reuniclus!
    [IMG]http://oi48.*******.com/2vloeo9.jpg[/IMG]

Right, so far I have:

Politoed@ Leftovers
    Bold Nature (+Def/-Atk)
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    ~Scald
    ~Toxic
    ~Protect
    ~Perish Song/Ice Beam/Focus Blast

Tornadus@ Choice Specs
    Naive Nature (+Spe/-SpD)
    252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
    ~Hurricane
    ~Focus Blast
    ~U Turn
    ~Hammer Arm

Tentacruel@ Life Orb/Leftovers
    Timid/Calm Nature (+Spe/-Atk) | (+SpD/-Atk)
    252 Spe / 252 Spe / 4 Def | 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 SpA\Def
    ~Rapid Spin
    ~Hydro Pump/Scald
    ~Sludge Bomb/Toxic Spikes
    ~Ice Beam
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 26th May 2012 at 4:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    gliscor and skarmory are both options, as scizor covers ice types, heatran fire/ice, latias electric/fire/water and chansey gets some walling on any special who tries to break them. Also chansey can have 4 ev's in special defense, she only has 504.
    I would suggest either toxic stall gliscor, Uturn gliscor (with portect, toxic orb, 2 attacks+ U turn) or skarm for spikes/whirlwind/taunting. Right now terrakion can hurt your team (no one resists rock, so once a few hazards are up and scizor is gone later in the game, scarf terri can do some damage) so gliscor and skarm seem good to me. watch out for DD mence or nite though, they will hurt at +1/2, unless you can intimidate juggle, which wont work if rocks are up.
    But then, nothing you suggested resists Rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeTheMankey View Post
    Reuniclus!
    That'd be a second Ghost/Dark/Bug weakness. And Reuniclis isn't really a defensive wall, is it?

-Alex

Well, for the rain team I must say that Rotom-C would be a good choice. It has it's Fire weakness pretty much gone, and can hurt with STAB Thunder and Leaf Storm, which mows down Quagsire/Rotom-W/Gastrodon, all being problematic to certain teammates.

Rotom-C @ Life Orb
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spe
    {Levitate}
    -Thunder
    -Leaf Storm
    -Substitute
    -Will-O-Wisp

The last two are filler, but you can match them to what suits you.
    Last edited by AquaRegisteel; 26th May 2012 at 10:21 PM.

Right, so far I have:

Politoed@ Leftovers
    Bold Nature (+Def/-Atk)
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    ~Scald
    ~Toxic
    ~Protect
    ~Perish Song/Ice Beam/Focus Blast

Tornadus@ Choice Specs
    Naive Nature (+Spe/-SpD)
    252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
    ~Hurricane
    ~Focus Blast
    ~U Turn
    ~Hammer Arm

Tentacruel@ Life Orb/Leftovers
    Timid/Calm Nature (+Spe/-Atk) | (+SpD/-Atk)
    252 Spe / 252 Spe / 4 Def | 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 SpA\Def
    ~Rapid Spin
    ~Hydro Pump/Scald
    ~Sludge Bomb/Toxic Spikes
    ~Ice Beam
    What about Volcarona? I know it sounds extremely strange but it's an amazing Special Sweeper with Quiver Dance. Rock types are covered by practically all Pokemon on a standard Rain Team because they carry a water move. Give it Hurricane. Super strong and can cause confusion. Its Bug Buzz is also pretty strong and gets a good amount of coverage including Grass Types which are a bit of a problem to your Pokemon. Last move's kind of filler. Could be HP something. Could be Psychic. Other than that it's rather limited in the rain.

Here's my old post. I'll take out descriptions of ones that's already there and bold some edits and add explanations for the eidts.
    Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    Dragonite
    Multiscale
    Timid
    4 HP/252 Sp Atk/252 Spd
    @Wiseglasses/Shell Bell

Thunder
    Dragon Pulse/Aqua Tail/Surf
    Hurricane
    Roost

Wiseglasses adds diversity to power. Shell Bell since all of your moves except Aqua Tail are 100% accurate so you'll get some healing in except for Roost which already gives you healing.

Ferrothorn
    Iron Barbs
    Careful/Sassy
    252 HP/128 Def/128 Sp Def
    Leftovers/Rocky Helmet

Gyro Ball
    Power whip
    Leech Seed
    Spikes

Jellicent
    Water Absorb
    Bold/Careful
    252 HP/4 Def/252 Sp Def
    Leftovers

Water Spout
    Recover
    Night Shade
    Energy Ball/Will-O-Wisp

Careful to make it a Special Wall instead of trying to make it a mixed wall.

Scizor
    Technician
    Jolly/Adamant
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    @Choice Band/Flying Gem

Bullet Punch
    U-Turn/Bug Bite
    Double Hit
    Acrobatics

Bug Bite gets the Technician Boost. Berries aren't common competitively until the really good berries are available but UNTIL THEN it's just there incase of a random Sitrus/Lum Berry

Rotom-W
    Levitate
    Timid
    4 HP/252 Sp Atk/252 Spd
    @Choice Scarf/Choice Specs

Hydro Pump
    Volt Switch/Charge
    Thunder
    Trick

Rotom can be helped by the special attack boost and trick it to a physical sweeper which cripples them really badly. Volt Switch is really filler but Charge is also useful for a SpDef boost and Thunder Damage. But seriously, just put in whatever might be useful. HP something maybe? HP fighting is useful for Sand teams. HP Electric/Grass is useful for Rain. HP Ground might be useful for Sun. HP Fire's good for Hail.

Milotic
    Marvel Scale
    Careful
    @Flame/Toxic Orb (I reccomend Flame)/Leftovers

Toxic
    Scald
    Recover
    Ice Beam/Hypnosis

Pretty self explanitory. It's a wall. A really annoying wall. Speaking of which...

Gastrodown
    Storm Drain
    Bold
    Leftovers

Recover
    Muddy Water
    Ice Beam
    Hidden Power Grass

I really don't think this is very good but I'm sure someone else can offer a better suggestion for Gastrodon. If all else fails Smogon.
    My Black Friend Code is 4770 6733 5678

Click the banner to check out The Phantom Legacy
    Join us on The Phantom Legacy Xat

Come trade with me! PM me for offers.
    Be sure to check out Serpentine's Breeding Shop

But then, nothing you suggested resists Rock.

That'd be a second Ghost/Dark/Bug weakness. And Reuniclis isn't really a defensive wall, is it?
    hmm it depends. Trick room Reuniclus counters ghosts easily as the only ghost type user in the meta is gengar tbh, or scizor easily takes it out. This goes the same for dark type users. Hmm, the bug weakness does seem a problem due to u-turns/scizor but yeahh gyara and heatran can be used to throw their weight around, idk.

Edit: As far as I understand defensive evs are invested in reuniclus and i think non cb terra x scissor is a 3hko? I'm not sure
    [IMG]http://oi48.*******.com/2vloeo9.jpg[/IMG]

Hmmm..... I'm not entirely sure about this idea that I would like to build on. The Tier is Wifi OU and the style is stall. I only have 1 poke that I 100% want to use and that's this

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
    EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Rain Dish
    Moves:
    -Toxic
    -Substitute
    -Rapid Spin
    -Scald

This is the poke I wanna start with. He obviously needs rain support so a toed set would be nice. 16 Speed timid let's me toxic adamant gyara and Dragonite. The set itself is pretty self explanatory.

Spoiler:- Credits:
    [Img]http://i52.*******.com/1znacxw.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by 123fakestreet View Post
    Hmmm..... I'm not entirely sure about this idea that I would like to build on. The Tier is Wifi OU and the style is stall. I only have 1 poke that I 100% want to use and that's this

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
    EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Rain Dish
    Moves:
    -Toxic
    -Substitute
    -Rapid Spin
    -Scald

This is the poke I wanna start with. He obviously needs rain support so a toed set would be nice. 16 Speed timid let's me toxic adamant gyara and Dragonite. The set itself is pretty self explanatory.
    I've been thinking of a Stall Toed based on another original idea of mine using a different Pokemon. It's a secret and I've only told one of my friends but it's a pretty good idea.

Stalltoed @Lefties
    You can do the EVS and Natures depending on what kind of wall you want to use... I also don't know too much about the whole speed tier thing sicne I usually maximize HP and then split the rest between the defenses either doing the whole 252 in one or 128 down the middle.

Toxic
    Dig
    Dive
    Protect

You evade damage with your two moves. Dive is good since it's not affected by any moves and Dig's nice since it can cover non floating/flying steel types that would otherwise be unaffected by your Toxic. Protect's there to mix it up. Bounce is another option but seeing as how Thunder can hit you while you're in the air and you'll have rain up while this is going on you might not want it.
    My Black Friend Code is 4770 6733 5678

Click the banner to check out The Phantom Legacy
    Join us on The Phantom Legacy Xat

Come trade with me! PM me for offers.
    Be sure to check out Serpentine's Breeding Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I've been thinking of a Stall Toed based on another original idea of mine using a different Pokemon. It's a secret and I've only told one of my friends but it's a pretty good idea.

Stalltoed @Lefties
    You can do the EVS and Natures depending on what kind of wall you want to use... I also don't know too much about the whole speed tier thing sicne I usually maximize HP and then split the rest between the defenses either doing the whole 252 in one or 128 down the middle.

Toxic
    Dig
    Dive
    Protect

You evade damage with your two moves. Dive is good since it's not affected by any moves and Dig's nice since it can cover non floating/flying steel types that would otherwise be unaffected by your Toxic. Protect's there to mix it up. Bounce is another option but seeing as how Thunder can hit you while you're in the air and you'll have rain up while this is going on you might not want it.
    I'm not sure this will work for me. People generally switch out to a counter if you dig / dive and scald is pretty much invaluable. I kinda think the normal toed set would be best but its the EVs im not sure on. I will have a look in a lil while at speeds etc and come back with some ideas.

Spoiler:- Credits:
    [Img]http://i52.*******.com/1znacxw.gif[/img]

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast