Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Building Help Thread

I'm just getting into Wifi pokemon, and I've been reading up on Smogon a lot and trying to catch up with the whole swing of things, as I've played since Yellow game out and always been a loner.

So here's my team planned and underway so far:

Forretress
    -Leftovers
    Sturdy
    EV train max HP max SDef
    Sassy
    Toxic Spikes
    Spikes
    Gyro Ball
    Rapid Spin

Reuniclus
    -Life Orb
    Magic Guard
    EV train max hp max defense
    Bold
    Calm Mind
    Focus Blast
    Psyshock
    Recover

Tyranitar
    -Choice Scarf
    Sand Stream
    EV train max attack max speed
    Jolly
    Crunch
    Stone Edge
    Superpower
    Pursuit

Gliscor
    -Toxic Orb
    Poison Heal
    Impish
    -Ice Fang
    -Toxic
    -Earthquake
    -X (Not sure)

Any ideas on what the last two spaces could be? Any questions I'll try to answer to the best of my abilities, but keep in mind I'm new to the whole "Take Pokemon really seriously" concept. >.<;
    Friend Code: 5157-9187-5773
    Good Serebii Trades: 18 Bad Serebii Trades: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Kiraush View Post
    I'm just getting into Wifi pokemon, and I've been reading up on Smogon a lot and trying to catch up with the whole swing of things, as I've played since Yellow game out and always been a loner.

So here's my team planned and underway so far:

Forretress
    -Leftovers
    Sturdy
    EV train max HP max SDef
    Sassy
    Toxic Spikes
    Spikes
    Gyro Ball
    Rapid Spin

Reuniclus
    -Life Orb
    Magic Guard
    Bold
    Calm Mind
    Focus Blast
    Psyshock
    Recover

Tyranitar
    -Choice Scarf
    Sand Stream
    EV train max attack max speed
    Jolly
    Crunch
    Stone Edge
    Superpower
    Pursuit

Gliscor
    -Toxic Orb
    Poison Heal
    Impish
    -Ice Fang
    -Toxic
    -Earthquake
    -X (Not sure)

Any ideas on what the last two spaces could be? Any questions I'll try to answer to the best of my abilities, but keep in mind I'm new to the whole "Take Pokemon really seriously" concept. >.<;
    Um... You're trying... Your movesets are pretty good. I guess they're Smogon movesets. Looks like you're making a Sand team. I don't know if you realize that or not but that's pretty good still. I hope you remember that there are four EV points left after raising a Pokemon's EVs as much as you SHOULD I suggest looking at the EV guide on Serebii. So let's see... Smogon's pretty good for Movesets. And you'd know what to expect.
    I think Substitute might be good for your Gliscor. You should look for Pokemon that benefit from the Sandstorm like Pokemon with Sand Veil or Rock Types. Stealth Rock is also very useful as it can rape some Pokemon. Most importantly see how your Pokemon work together. They all look like the work well on paper, seperately but remember that you need some Pokemon to support the others.
    My Black Friend Code is 4770 6733 5678

Click the banner to check out The Phantom Legacy
    Join us on The Phantom Legacy Xat

Come trade with me! PM me for offers.
    Be sure to check out Serpentine's Breeding Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    but remember that you need some Pokemon to support the others.
    Yea I've sorta read up on the different sorts of teams, and from what I've read Sand teams have vastly outplayed Heavy rain teams (I was planning on making a Kyogre team, but apparently at one of the recent championships the first five places were all sand teams. So I kinda reconsidered that, plus I didn't like the idea of having a legendary on my team a whole lot because that seems like it's a bit expected and a bit overdone, but then again I guess I shouldn't gimp myself to have morals.)

So by support do you mean like using (For example) Stock Pile a couple times and baton passing to another pokemon? or support as in something else?
    Like Blissey healing other pokemon?
    Friend Code: 5157-9187-5773
    Good Serebii Trades: 18 Bad Serebii Trades: 0

Oops accidentaly said sp.atk instead of sp.def (face palm)
    3DS Friend Code 4270-0407-8371

Friend Safari:Kirlia, Floette(Blue) and Jigglypuff

I need help building an OU team. I've already got 3 pokemon and their moves, but am completely new to competitive gaming, so I don't know anything about natures or EVs.

My team so far is:
        Spoiler:- My team:

I'm planning on using this team for singles matches only. I'm also wanting this team to be an all out offensive. Maybe I'll put an Audino or a Blissey in here for Heal Bell or Aromatherapy, and maybe Toxic. If anyone would leave suggestions for other pokemon/moves/items it would be greatly appreciated.

I just love Link's faces.
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue
    Join the Hoenn Triangle (we have cookies, and cheesecake. Mmm, cheescake)

3ds friend code: 0645-7048-9460

Hi i am looking for any advice on what pokemon i should add to my steel team so far i have
    flawless scizor adamant moves u-turn pursuit bullet punch superpower choice band
    flawless metagross adamant hammer arm bullet punch metor mash zen headbutt air ballon

Here's a team I crafted entirely from guides (yea i know I'm a noob). After I get better at competitive battling, i'll mix it up.

Here's the team so far:
    Hippowdon
    Forretress
    Blissey
    Skarmory

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
    Sand Stream
    252 HP / 244 Def / 12 SpD
    Impish
    Earthquake
    Slack Off
    Stealth Rock
    Roar

The classic Hippowdon. Earthquake will get out a decent chunk of damage out of most Pokemon. Stealth Rock + Roar will deal continuous damage while scouting out the enemy. Slack Off is to make Hippowdon a pain in the behind Def wall. The EVs are to make it an even better wall than it already is. Forretress will spin away entry hazards, while Blissey can soak up water and grass moves.

Forretress @ Leftovers
    Sturdy
    0 Speed IV
    252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
    Relaxed
    Toxic Spikes
    Spikes
    Rapid Spin
    Gyro Ball

Toxic Spikes and Spikes will go in tandem for a full batch of entry hazards. Rapid Spin will fulfill Forretress's 3rd supporting move, and will especially help Hippowdon and Skarmory to be able to devastate for as long as possible. With a -Speed nature, and a 0 Speed IV, Gyro Ball will cause huge amounts of damage, especially Pokemon like Hydreigon and Landorus. The EV spread will let Forretress stay alive for as long as possible, coupled with leftovers. Combined with fire-sponger Blissey, and Skarmory, it can wall almost anything.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
    Sturdy
    252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
    Impish
    Roost
    Spikes
    Whirlwind
    Brave Bird

Roost will help Skarmory stay for a while. Spikes and Whirlwind will work together to deal continuous damage. If Forretress or Hippowdon already set up some entry hazards, Skarmory can use STAB Brave Bird to deal a lot of damage. Blissey will help, by crippling foes with Toxic.

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Natural Cure
    4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
    Calm
    Aromatherapy
    Softboiled
    Flamethrower
    Toxic

Aromatherapy will sponge up any Toxic (spikes) damage from Pokemon who especially need it (like Skarmory). Softboiled will let this Special Wall stay for as long as possible, (with Leftovers sponging any Sandstorm damage). Flamethrower will take care of Scizor, Forretress, and Ferrothorn. Toxic will take care of any Pokemon trying to easily set up in front of you. Hippowdon will take care of Fighting-type damage, while Skarmory and Forretress and Hippowdon and set up lots of entry hazards. Forretress in turn, will also spin away any entry hazards on our side as well.

I'm looking for some good attackers to compliment my team (maybe Tyranitar?). Thanks for the help!
    My White FC: 3267-6107-5199

I'm collecting starters. So far I have:

and everything from Unova. ^^

http://forums.pokemonplus.net/index....rrals&reff=762

Quote Originally Posted by deathgaze560 View Post
    Here's a team I crafted entirely from guides (yea i know I'm a noob). After I get better at competitive battling, i'll mix it up.

Here's the team so far:
    Hippowdon
    Forretress
    Blissey
    Skarmory

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
    Sand Stream
    252 HP / 244 Def / 12 SpD
    Impish
    Earthquake
    Slack Off
    Stealth Rock
    Roar

The classic Hippowdon. Earthquake will get out a decent chunk of damage out of most Pokemon. Stealth Rock + Roar will deal continuous damage while scouting out the enemy. Slack Off is to make Hippowdon a pain in the behind Def wall. The EVs are to make it an even better wall than it already is. Forretress will spin away entry hazards, while Blissey can soak up water and grass moves.

Forretress @ Leftovers
    Sturdy
    0 Speed IV
    252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
    Relaxed
    Toxic Spikes
    Spikes
    Rapid Spin
    Gyro Ball

Toxic Spikes and Spikes will go in tandem for a full batch of entry hazards. Rapid Spin will fulfill Forretress's 3rd supporting move, and will especially help Hippowdon and Skarmory to be able to devastate for as long as possible. With a -Speed nature, and a 0 Speed IV, Gyro Ball will cause huge amounts of damage, especially Pokemon like Hydreigon and Landorus. The EV spread will let Forretress stay alive for as long as possible, coupled with leftovers. Combined with fire-sponger Blissey, and Skarmory, it can wall almost anything.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
    Sturdy
    252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
    Impish
    Roost
    Spikes
    Whirlwind
    Brave Bird

Roost will help Skarmory stay for a while. Spikes and Whirlwind will work together to deal continuous damage. If Forretress or Hippowdon already set up some entry hazards, Skarmory can use STAB Brave Bird to deal a lot of damage. Blissey will help, by crippling foes with Toxic.

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Natural Cure
    4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
    Calm
    Aromatherapy
    Softboiled
    Flamethrower
    Toxic

Aromatherapy will sponge up any Toxic (spikes) damage from Pokemon who especially need it (like Skarmory). Softboiled will let this Special Wall stay for as long as possible, (with Leftovers sponging any Sandstorm damage). Flamethrower will take care of Scizor, Forretress, and Ferrothorn. Toxic will take care of any Pokemon trying to easily set up in front of you. Hippowdon will take care of Fighting-type damage, while Skarmory and Forretress and Hippowdon and set up lots of entry hazards. Forretress in turn, will also spin away any entry hazards on our side as well.

I'm looking for some good attackers to compliment my team (maybe Tyranitar?). Thanks for the help!
    As its a sand team you want something to help take on rain, and also a spin blocker (yu have lots of hazards) so to fit with the defensive style I would add a jellicent, with recover, scald, taunt and a filler move (toxic or shadow ball), and then add a late game sweeper/ wall breaker. You could usa DD tyranitar, and get the double sand users, or a scarf tar.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    As its a sand team you want something to help take on rain, and also a spin blocker (yu have lots of hazards) so to fit with the defensive style I would add a jellicent, with recover, scald, taunt and a filler move (toxic or shadow ball), and then add a late game sweeper/ wall breaker. You could usa DD tyranitar, and get the double sand users, or a scarf tar.
    Would a mixed tyranitar do? With Crunch, Fire Blast, Ice Beam, and Superpower

And what would better suit the team, Ferrothorn, or Forretress?
    Last edited by deathgaze560; 22nd July 2012 at 4:32 PM.
    My White FC: 3267-6107-5199

I'm collecting starters. So far I have:

and everything from Unova. ^^

http://forums.pokemonplus.net/index....rrals&reff=762

Quote Originally Posted by Kiraush View Post
    Yea I've sorta read up on the different sorts of teams, and from what I've read Sand teams have vastly outplayed Heavy rain teams (I was planning on making a Kyogre team, but apparently at one of the recent championships the first five places were all sand teams. So I kinda reconsidered that, plus I didn't like the idea of having a legendary on my team a whole lot because that seems like it's a bit expected and a bit overdone, but then again I guess I shouldn't gimp myself to have morals.)

So by support do you mean like using (For example) Stock Pile a couple times and baton passing to another pokemon? or support as in something else?
    Like Blissey healing other pokemon?
    That's a different kind of support. See how T-Tar has a x4 weakness to Fighting? Well Reuniclus would support that because Reuniclus resists Fighting moves and you could easily switch into Reuniclus from T-Tar so it doesn't take a fighting move and faint. Other support would be like Stealth Rock or ways to set up or take out major threats to other Pokemon. Like how Forretress has a 4x weakness to fire so you might want something that can take a fire move and also knock out any threat that has a fire move.

Quote Originally Posted by heracrosstrainer635 View Post
    I need help building an OU team. I've already got 3 pokemon and their moves, but am completely new to competitive gaming, so I don't know anything about natures or EVs.

My team so far is:
        Spoiler:- My team:

I'm planning on using this team for singles matches only. I'm also wanting this team to be an all out offensive. Maybe I'll put an Audino or a Blissey in here for Heal Bell or Aromatherapy, and maybe Toxic. If anyone would leave suggestions for other pokemon/moves/items it would be greatly appreciated.
    Look at the natures guide on Serebii. It tells you what each nature raises and lowers. Generally with sweepers you want to either raise their speed if they're slow and lower the attack stat they aren't using or raise the attack they're using and lower the one they aren't using.

Another thing, your Meloetta gets hurt by the sandstorm and for some reason has Close Combat. Aria Meloetta has a higher Sp Atk so it'd be better for her to have all Special moves unless you're going for a Pirouette Meloetta. But then you should get rid of the other two moves. If you're going for a switch you should list Relic Song in the moveset. But Meloetta still gets hurt by sand. Try aiming for Pokemon that aren't hurt by the sand or benefit from sand.

I like Garchmp but I haven't seen it being used often... It has Sand Veil so its evasion's raised and it can use a lot of strong moves like EQ and Outrage and it gets STAB for both. It has a x4 weakness but still.
    You might want another Pokemon like Hippowdon just incase your Tyranitar faints so you can reset Sandstorm if you get rained on or something.
    Another thing you could do is get a Pokemon with Magic Guard like Alakazam or Reuniclus. I think Alakazam would suit your team better. With Alakazam you could have a very wide coverage that Pokemon normally covered by Sandstorm would not have. Plus it can absorb Statuses that would otherwise cripple other Pokemon but make sure it gets Burned or Poisoned first. Blissey would usually be targetted by poison and t-tar would be targetted by burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Smity View Post
    Hi i am looking for any advice on what pokemon i should add to my steel team so far i have
    flawless scizor adamant moves u-turn pursuit bullet punch superpower choice band
    flawless metagross adamant hammer arm bullet punch metor mash zen headbutt air ballon
    A Skarmory? Standard Setup Skarm with Spikes, Whirlwind, other moves that are escaping me at the moment.
    Heatran might be nice. But if you're doing the item clause then I wouldn't reccomend it because without the Air Balloon it's pointless.
    Jirachi has a wide array of movesets.
    Lucario has pretty good special movesets and since most steel types are physical a special sweeper could help
    Forretress: The master of entry hazards.
    Ferrothorn's nice too

I'd be cautious about having Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Forretress all on the same team. Big fire hazard. Scizor's fun and Ferrothorn outclasses Forretress in a lot of ways. But if you had to choose probably go with Scizor since it's a really good revenge killer with three boosts. One from Tech, one from Choice, and one from STAB.
    Last edited by Serpentine; 22nd July 2012 at 3:58 PM.
    My Black Friend Code is 4770 6733 5678

Click the banner to check out The Phantom Legacy
    Join us on The Phantom Legacy Xat

Come trade with me! PM me for offers.
    Be sure to check out Serpentine's Breeding Shop

I was thinking of creating a Rain team so far I have:
    Politoed

Ability: Drizzle
    EV spread 252 SP.Atk 252 Def 4 Sp.Def
    Item:Expert Belt
    Nature: timid
    Moves:
    Psychic
    Surf
    Ice beam
    Encore
    Politoed to bring in the rain obviously. I decided to go with a offensive Politoed Psychic for Breloom because I think I'll have a problem with them and surf for STAB Ice Beam for Dragonite which could 1 hit KO it depending on it's EV spread and Encore to take care of stallers
    when they use something like Toxic or T-wave.
    Scizor

Ability: Technician
    EV:252 Atk 252 Spd 4 Def
    Item:Life Orb
    Nature:Adamant
    Moves:
    Bullet Punch
    Bug Bite
    Aerial Ace
    Pursuit
    The usual strategy for Scizor Bullet Punch for STAB and Priority Bug Bite for STAB Aerial Ace for a filler and Pursuit to scare off psychic types and hit them hard. The rain halves fire type moves so he might survive a hit from one.

Rotom

Ability: Levitate
    EV: 252 Sp.Attack 252 Spd 4 Def
    Item:Choice Band
    Nature:Modest
    Thunder
    Hydro Pump
    Hidden Power (Ice)
    Trick

Use the right move on whatever opponent is up then switch out on a staller and use Trick. HP ice could probably get rid of Dragonite or grass types only threat is Ferrothorn and Scizor so I might change to HP Fire.

Any feedback would be much appreciated and if there is anything wrong with the current team then any criticism would be great .
    Last edited by Chingchar; 23rd July 2012 at 6:09 PM.

I am no pro at this as this is the first time I ever make a team but I think that your Scizor needs U-Turn if possible.
    Once a Fire Type is in battle U-Turn and send in Rotom who has Hydro Pump!

Just a thought though. I am in the middle of building my own team.
    Heracross,Luxray,Plusle/Minun,Blissey,Torrtera
    I will discuss move-sets later when I actually have them all

Thanks for the suggestion I'll be sure to test it
    I also need help for the rest of the team members for anyone who wants to help.

You think you have a problem with Breloom? Sir everyone has a problem with Breloom. But you don't need psychic for that. Ice beam is super effective and, correct me if I'm wrong, has a larger base power of 95 vs 90. So put it something else for more coverage. How about HP(fighting)? It has great coverage with Ice Beam and does have the misd chance of Focus blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Charbris View Post
    You think you have a problem with Breloom? Sir everyone has a problem with Breloom.
    Lol
    I'll try that thanks for the suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Charbris View Post
    You think you have a problem with Breloom? Sir everyone has a problem with Breloom.
    Some should add this to their signature =)

Already on it

Quote Originally Posted by Chingchar View Post
    Politoed

Moves:
    Psychic
    Surf
    Ice beam
    Encore
    Politoed to bring in the rain obviously. I decided to go with a offensive Politoed Psychic for Breloom because I think I'll have a problem with them and surf for STAB Ice Beam for Dragonite which could 1 hit KO it depending on it's EV spread and Encore to take care of stallers
    Scizor

Moves:
    Bullet Punch
    Bug Bite
    Aerial Ace
    Pursuit
    The usual strategy for Scizor Bullet Punch for STAB and Priority Bug Bite for STAB Aerial Ace for a filler and Pursuit to scare off psychic types and hit them hard. The rain halves fire type moves so he might survive a hit from one.

Rotom

Thunder
    Hydro Pump
    Hidden Power (Ice)
    Trick

Use the right move on whatever opponent is up then switch out on a staller and use Trick. HP ice could probably get rid of Dragonite or grass types only threat is Ferrothorn and Scizor so I might change to HP Fire.

Any feedback would be much appreciated and if there is anything wrong with the current team then any criticism would be great .
    I agree That Techniloom will be a pain to Rain dance teams, but do not dispair. Breloom is going to HATE Tornadus-T. May I suggest my set?

Tornadus-T (M) @ Lum Berry/ Life Orb
    Ability: Regenerator
    EV's: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive (+Spd, -SDef)
    -Hurricane
    -Heatwave/ Hidden Power (Ice)
    -U-turn
    -Tailwind/ Substitute
    Hope this helps

Thanks for the suggestion I'll be sure to put Tornadus-T in when I get one.

Hello, and allow me to share with you my unfinished team.
    I have so far desighned this team around Tornadus-T, who has gained well distributed stats and an excellent Ability in Regenerator.
    BW2 has blessed Rain Dance teams with Tornadus-T, Thundurus-T, Keldeo, and Genesect (not to mention Regenerator Amoongus and Techniloom). So I needed a counter to these new threats.
    I found Mamoswine to be an excellent counter to most of these threats, and he also happens to cover Tornadus' weaknesses.
    But the good news stops there.
    Fcking Mamoswine is CURSED with terrible defensive typing. I mean, how is an ICE type weak against Grass? It is simply one of those things a disagree with. Yeah, I know that he is Ground/ Ice, but still. Pisses me off.
    So there, that is where I am stuck.

Tornadus-T (M) @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
    Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
    - Hurricane
    - Heatwave/ Hidden Power (Ice)
    - U-turn
    - Tailwind
    Tornadus-T's is a Lead that uses Hit-and-Run tactics. He slams the foe with STAB Hurricane, Heatwave prevents Steel types from walling him, or Hidden Power (Ice) to slam Therians and Dragons. Tailwind is to assist slower teammates to sweep, and U-turn deals damage and switches out, activating Regenerator.

Mamoswine (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Thick Fat
    EV's: 4 SDef / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Ice Shard
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Icicle Crash
    Decimator. Under a Tailwind, this ancient pig out speeds threats that it could otherwise not, and hits extremely hard. Ice Shard is a STAB priority attack to resort in case of a lack of Tailwind. Earthquake is also a STAB attack. Rock Slide is for coverage, and Icicle Crash Is for heavy damage.

As for the rest, I would like to use a Pokemon who is resistant to Water type moves, as Mamo's Grass, Fighting, and potentially Steel are covered by Tornadus-T. Besides, Grass and Steel type are naturally covered by Mamoswine's natural STAB attacks.
    But I did consider a Ground/Water type, specifically Swampert, and use a Phazer set, as his 4* weakness to Grass types are covered by Both Mamo and T-T.

Do you guys know how to pair up pokemon so as to make a good stall team?

Some Pokemon I would like to have in are : Blissey/Chansey, Jellicent, Ferrothorn, Amoonguss, Reuniclus, Sigilyph(flame orb + psycho shift is amazing), donphan, hippowdon, skarmory, rotom w, vaporeon.

Can you please take those Pokemon and put them together in a team of 6? I am really troubled. I always end up with a mediocre team. I like Amoonguss(its so good against keldeo and breloom and his regen and spore plus clear smog are tempting). But I like ferrothorn too cause of thunderwave and good type and mix wall stats. I like reuniclus with trick and flame orb and calm mind, I like jellicent cuz she destroys keldeo and she is good and I like blissey too for aromatherapy(which is vital) and vaporeon for sharing wishes and rotom for volt switch and donphan for stealth rock and rapid spin plus knock off... I am so troubled... I like everything ..

Really, I know they are good stall pokemon but I just want to know which 6 are the best to set a team with. I want them to compliment each other like the common skarmbliss.

Quote Originally Posted by EnochHill View Post
    Hello, and allow me to share with you my unfinished team.
    I have so far desighned this team around Tornadus-T, who has gained well distributed stats and an excellent Ability in Regenerator.
    BW2 has blessed Rain Dance teams with Tornadus-T, Thundurus-T, Keldeo, and Genesect (not to mention Regenerator Amoongus and Techniloom). So I needed a counter to these new threats.
    I found Mamoswine to be an excellent counter to most of these threats, and he also happens to cover Tornadus' weaknesses.
    But the good news stops there.
    Fcking Mamoswine is CURSED with terrible defensive typing. I mean, how is an ICE type weak against Grass? It is simply one of those things a disagree with. Yeah, I know that he is Ground/ Ice, but still. Pisses me off.
    So there, that is where I am stuck.

Tornadus-T (M) @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
    Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
    - Hurricane
    - Heatwave/ Hidden Power (Ice)
    - U-turn
    - Tailwind
    Tornadus-T's is a Lead that uses Hit-and-Run tactics. He slams the foe with STAB Hurricane, Heatwave prevents Steel types from walling him, or Hidden Power (Ice) to slam Therians and Dragons. Tailwind is to assist slower teammates to sweep, and U-turn deals damage and switches out, activating Regenerator.

Mamoswine (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Thick Fat
    EV's: 4 SDef / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Ice Shard
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Icicle Crash
    Decimator. Under a Tailwind, this ancient pig out speeds threats that it could otherwise not, and hits extremely hard. Ice Shard is a STAB priority attack to resort in case of a lack of Tailwind. Earthquake is also a STAB attack. Rock Slide is for coverage, and Icicle Crash Is for heavy damage.

As for the rest, I would like to use a Pokemon who is resistant to Water type moves, as Mamo's Grass, Fighting, and potentially Steel are covered by Tornadus-T. Besides, Grass and Steel type are naturally covered by Mamoswine's natural STAB attacks.
    But I did consider a Ground/Water type, specifically Swampert, and use a Phazer set, as his 4* weakness to Grass types are covered by Both Mamo and T-T.
    Yay Mamoswine. Boo Tornadus-T. Anyways you should try using Gastrodon as your ground/water type because it makes things so hard for opposing rain teams. Thats about all I have to say.

Dam I was thinking of Gastrodon as a defender against Thunderus-T too. Thanks for the advice, I will try it because it's 4* Grass weakness is covered by both Mamoswine AND Tornadus-T. But Phazer Swampert Is what I need to set Rocks and Phazer though...

I think you need a staller. You could have ferrothorn.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Nature: sassy
    EVs: 252 HP 252 SpD 4 Def
    -leech seed
    -thunder wave/protect/stealthrock
    -power whip/ stealth rock
    -Gyro ball

and for rotom have a choice scarf or specs. cause if you don't use trick it will be useful instead if you have choice band it will do nothing.

for politoed perish song works better for forcing them to switch. but either one will work.

hope this advise helps

Credit to me

Quote Originally Posted by Chingchar View Post
    Politoed

Moves:
    Psychic
    Surf
    Ice beam
    Encore
    Scizor

Moves:
    Bullet Punch
    Bug Bite
    Aerial Ace
    Pursuit

Rotom

Thunder
    Hydro Pump
    Hidden Power (Ice)
    Trick

band is for physical attackers. Use specs instead. Use a moveset of u-turn bullet punch superpower and pursuit with a choice band on scizor, and change poli to a stall toed.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast