Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Building Help Thread

Right, so I've been giving my team alot of thought, but it's always so hard choosing team members once you get past the first three. Help is much appreciated. It's an OU team, but I'm using at least one UU.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    EVs: Relaxed
    Nature: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 6 Def
    - Power Whip
    - Gyro Ball
    - Leech Seed
    - Spikes

Your standard spiker Ferrothorn, going full Sp. Def for that little bit more, its defense is still great with a + nature, even with no investment. Leech seed for some recovery.

Arcanine @ Life Orb
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    Nature: Jolly
    - Flare Blitz
    - Extremespeed
    - Wild Charge
    - Morning Sun

Here's that UU I mentioned. Ferrothorn has a crippling fire weakness, so why not take advantage of it with a flash fire abuser? Arcanine seemed like a good choice because of his power. It's a little different from the standard because I forwent HP investment for sheer speed, even with extremespeed granting priority.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
    Ability: Liquid Ooze (Rain Dish when I can get a hold of one)
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Sp. Def
    Nature: Bold
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Rapid Spin

Spinner/Tspiker. This is actually a team I'm raising in game, and I don't have enough points to get a DW Tentacool, so that's why I'm going for Liquid Ooze at the moment. Tentacruel can take the fighting hits aimed at Ferrothorn, and Ferrothorn can take electric moves aimed at Tentacruel. Scald because who doesn't like burning sweepers, and ice beam because because.

After those three, I really got stumped. I had tentatively picked Espeon (Dual screens with Magic Bounce), Salamence (Classic DD) and Galvantula (Specs), but then the next day I realised I had THREE pokemon weak to ground type moves, and with earthquake being such a great, all encompassing move, that just couldn't be allowed to happen. I've been thinking Zapdos as a special attacker because it flies, and maybe two more utility pokemon, but I'm quite stumped.
    I've almost considered just forgetting about it until Black 2 comes out hah.
    Userbar credit: Myself
    50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise)...
    Platinum Dex Progress: 200/496

protect>ice beam on tenta, stealth rocks>spikes gyro ball or power whip on ferro
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

looking to use one of these two on my competitive team

Roserade:
    -toxic spikes
    -sleep powder
    -giga drain/leaf storm
    -sludge bomb
    roserade's toxic spikes would be good with my snorlax's whirlwind but aren't totally necessary.she has less weaknesses than serperior but serperior's stats are better.roserade is very frail.

Serperior
    -Coil
    -subsitute
    -leaf blade
    -dragon tail
    again, serperior has better stats but doesn't have access to toxic spikes or any variations.
    any advice is needed.Thanks!
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Exeggudork View Post
    looking to use one of these two on my competitive team

Roserade:
    -toxic spikes
    -sleep powder
    -giga drain/leaf storm
    -sludge bomb
    roserade's toxic spikes would be good with my snorlax's whirlwind but aren't totally necessary.she has less weaknesses than serperior but serperior's stats are better.roserade is very frail.

Serperior
    -Coil
    -subsitute
    -leaf blade
    -dragon tail
    again, serperior has better stats but doesn't have access to toxic spikes or any variations.
    any advice is needed.Thanks!
    What tier?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

i hope he means uu.

@WhyteMage, choosing members after your first three is easy, fitting in good synergy is harder.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyteMage View Post
    I don't have enough points to get a DW Tentacool, so that's why I'm going for Liquid Ooze at the moment.
    Unless this is a rain team, Liquid Ooze is the way to go. Why? It hurts Ferro's Leech Seeding you and punishes all who dare to Drain Punch or Giga Drain you.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMage
    After those three, I really got stumped. I had tentatively picked Espeon (Dual screens with Magic Bounce), Salamence (Classic DD) and Galvantula (Specs), but then the next day I realised I had THREE pokemon weak to ground type moves, and with earthquake being such a great, all encompassing move, that just couldn't be allowed to happen. I've been thinking Zapdos as a special attacker because it flies, and maybe two more utility pokemon, but I'm quite stumped.
    I've almost considered just forgetting about it until Black 2 comes out hah.
    Since Arcanine is hindered by rain (Morning Sun less recovery) and paralysis, I suggest using a cleric like Uxie, who can also set up dual screens and iirc a sunny day to aid Arcanine. For a 5th member, how about a special attacker, to take out spinners and physical walls, like hitmontop and gliscor, respectively. For a 6th member, just add some synergy, or a counter to a team-threatening opposing pokemon.
    Challenge the P4L League here

The Netherlands:
    Eon Ticket distributed on December 6th:
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii.net
    Groningen, Rotterdam, Maastricht, Breda, Amsterdam and Utrecht
    And then via StreetPass!

I have claimed the awesome Kingdra

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    What tier?
    Can NU pokemon be in an UU team? if so UU.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Can NU pokemon be in an UU team? if so UU.
    Yes they can. It's not normally advised unless it provides great synergy or a unique niche though

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

What tier?
    UU.
    -10char

UU.
    -10char
    Roseraid obviously..
    and you should put EVs and nature
    I would go with smogons EVs cause they calculate all the stuff and they use a minimum damage formula which I saw but have no idea how to use (something about overral damage..)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.

Roseraid obviously..
    and you should put EVs and nature
    I would go with smogons EVs cause they calculate all the stuff and they use a minimum damage formula which I saw but have no idea how to use (something about overral damage..)
    but aren't serperior's stats better? and what move is better toxic spikes or toxic?

What is the basic team setup?
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

I need some help putting Raichu into a successful OU team, but I don't know what kind of set to give it, or how to properly support it. Any Help?

Quote Originally Posted by raichu>pikachu95 View Post
    I need some help putting Raichu into a successful OU team, but I don't know what kind of set to give it, or how to properly support it. Any Help?
    Raichu was pokemon of the day recently. Check there to find a good moveset. I recommend the SubNP set, for powerful destruction.

Raichu @ Leftovers (♂)
    Static/Lightningrod
    Timid
    odd Hp number/252 SpA/252 Spe (4 something)
    -Sub
    -Nasty Plot
    -Thunder(bolt)
    -HP [Ice]

With proper support, Raichu can sweep teams. 1st, priority users, and fast stuff like Weavile must be defeated. 2nd, to aid the sweep, entry hazards. You can finish the team by fitting in synergy and cover problematic pokes. Hope this helped =D
    Challenge the P4L League here

The Netherlands:
    Eon Ticket distributed on December 6th:
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii.net
    Groningen, Rotterdam, Maastricht, Breda, Amsterdam and Utrecht
    And then via StreetPass!

I have claimed the awesome Kingdra

but aren't serperior's stats better? and what move is better toxic spikes or toxic?
    Roserade got better offense and beter move pool
    toxic spikes>toxic.

Roserade got better offense and beter move pool
    toxic spikes>toxic.
    Alright then. Roserade it is. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by raichu>pikachu95 View Post
    Hazards are a good start for sure. Since it is weak to Ground, I'd recommend something to set hazards that resists Ground. Skarmory would be a good start. Gliscor would be a good partner to Skarmory and Raichu to take on attackers like Terrakion, but keep in mind that Rain abusers like Keldeo are damnright common, so taking them out would be good.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I post on here way to often XD

For UU:
    Charizard@Sitrus berry
    -Air slash
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon claw
    -flamethrower
    Or
    Arcanine@Life orb
    -Flare blitz
    -Extremespeed
    -Morning sun
    -Crunch/Wild charge

For UU:
    Charizard@Sitrus berry
    -Air slash
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon claw
    -flamethrower
    Or
    Arcanine@Life orb
    -Flare blitz
    -Extremespeed
    -Morning sun
    -Crunch/Wild charge
    Arcanine @choice band
    252 attack, 252 speed, 4 def
    Adamant
    Intimidate
    -Flare Blitz
    -Close Combat
    -Extreame Speed
    -Wild Charge

90% of the time you will be using extreame speed anyway then why not band it? and with better moves..

Intimidate as you will be switching a lot a spinner is recommended but you can use xatu.
    That charizard set is horrible.

For UU:
    Charizard@Sitrus berry
    -Air slash
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon claw
    -flamethrower
    You kind of need natures and EVs as well.

It seems like you just randomly slapped 4 moves and a random item on Charizard and called it a day.

Eve in the NU tier (http://www.smogon.com/bw/tiers/nu) there are better mixed attackers than Charizard.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Arcanine @choice band
    252 attack, 252 speed, 4 def
    Adamant
    Intimidate
    -Flare Blitz
    -Close Combat
    -Extreame Speed
    -Wild Charge

90% of the time you will be using extreame speed anyway then why not band it? and with better moves..

Intimidate as you will be switching a lot a spinner is recommended but you can use xatu.
    That charizard set is horrible.
    i found this set on smogon: same moves except morning sun instead of close combat and an ev spread of 192 HP / 248 SpA / 4 SpD / 64 Spe. could that work aswell?
    and isn't Xatu a rather horrid pokemon other than with magic bounce? i already have an ev trained mr. mime as my psychic type anyways. i could just switch my kingdra for a blastoise with rapid spin.
    Last edited by Arvis; 27th August 2012 at 12:54 AM.

i found this set on smogon: same moves except morning sun instead of close combat and an ev spread of 192 HP / 248 SpA / 4 SpD / 64 Spe. could that work aswell?
    and isn't Xatu a rather horrid pokemon other than with magic bounce? i already have an ev trained mr. mime as my psychic type anyways. i could just switch my kingdra for a blastoise with rapid spin.
    Then you may not want to use band.....
    Xatu is not bad, a set like this would work:
    Xatu @Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Def or 252 HP/ 252 Def / 4 SpDef
    Clam Nature
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    -Toxic / Light Screen
    -Roost
    -Night Shade
    -U-Turn / Reflect

This set will allow you to bonce back haserds, with a littel prediction. Maxing out the defensive stats will help you get over Xatus bad deffensise. Toxic Crippls sutff and Night Sade is a reliable attck dealing 100 dmg all the time. Roost is xatus most reliable form of recovery. U-turn will help keep momentum, while the screens will raise Xatus and your other pokes deffensise.

I guess you could use a spinner instead. And have a few hazerds on your side too.

Quote Originally Posted by 5221A View Post
    Then you may not want to use band.....
    Xatu is not bad, a set like this would work:
    Xatu @Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Def or 252 HP/ 252 Def / 4 SpDef
    Clam Nature
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    -Toxic / Light Screen
    -Roost
    -Night Shade
    -U-Turn / Reflect

This set will allow you to bonce back haserds, with a littel prediction. Maxing out the defensive stats will help you get over Xatus bad deffensise. Toxic Crippls sutff and Night Sade is a reliable attck dealing 100 dmg all the time. Roost is xatus most reliable form of recovery. U-turn will help keep momentum, while the screens will raise Xatus and your other pokes deffensise.

I guess you could use a spinner instead. And have a few hazerds on your side too.
    if i use this set. would replacing night shade for psychic be a good idea since i need a psychic type move on one of my pokemon.

After me having many battles, I always seem to keep losing. I really don't know what I have done wrong. I used to have a Thundurus, and a Serperior on my team as well, but scrapped them because they are always KOED in just 1 move. I use double battles in Black/White. Now I only have 4 Pokemon. They are:

Hydreigon @Wide Lens
    Naive Nature
    Stats: lvl 71 hp 241 183/153/225/141/180
    Ability: Levitate

Moves:
    Fire Blast (to rid of ice types)
    Draco Meteor (Great SpA, STAB)
    U turn
    Focus Blast (takes advantage of Wide Lens, deals with Weavile (want)

Hydreigon is supposed to be my main special sweeper. His goal is to strike first, hit hard. My Hydreigon can hang in the battle for a while, and use Draco Meteor to KO many Pokemon, including Latios and Garchomp. However Draco Meteor lowers SpA, and thats where things go down hill. Often, he is my final Pokemon remaining. He is now too weak to do a single thing against anyone. His surf will now do like 20-30 damage.

Volcarona @Silver Powder
    Rash Nature
    Stats: lvl 91 hp 267 115/205/350/186/190
    Ability: Flame Body (burns rock types before going down!)

Moves:
    Heat Wave (Hits multiple targets, great damage done (Metagross, Articuno))
    Quiver Dance (Make Volcarona buliker, often while the other Pokemon is being ganged up on, then an attack once at max power)
    Bug Buzz ( Deals with common dark, psychic and fighting Pokemon)
    Hurricane (now added)

My other Special Sweeper, Volcarona. I almost always run into rocks. Any ideas on how to keep her alive? Mine is probably the strongest link on my team right now. I need a new move, and she doesnt have too many flaws, and can sometimes survive Hydro Pump. This Pokemon was picked to help take out threats to Hydreigon. I also piced her to take down pesty grass types for Swampert.

Swampert @Quick Claw
    Quiet Nature
    Stats: Lvl 53 hp 188 129/112/143/107/102
    Ability: Torrent

Moves:
    Earthquake (A great physical attack! Deals well with Steel, Fire, and electric types, currently my only physical attack.)
    Hydro Pump (Strong Water move, hits only 1 target (and not Volcarona)
    Waterfall (critical hits)
    Blizzard (An ice move, great for taking down Grass types!)

Swampert is one of my physical sweepers. Problem is all of his moves are Special. That is my first concern. Second, I always have trouble dealing with other types. Bulky waters like Milotic kill him. Gyrados too. Ludicolo is really bad, and he always gets the best of Swampert. The reason I picked Swampert was because of his typings. He is water-ground, so he can resist Sandstorm, and electric attacks! Grass type attacks always 1 hit KO my Swampert however. I have quick claw, so Swampert attacks first on an occasion, giving him a chance to survive grass attacks.

Metagross @Rocky Helmet
    Relaxed Nature
    Stats: lvl 58 hp 178 186/190/126/109/93
    Ability: Clear Body

Moves:
    Grass Knot (Defeat bulky waters, and grounds)
    Shadow Ball ( take down other psychics and ghosts)
    Meteor Mash (STAB, Does big damage, and raises attack)
    Zen Headutt (STAB, takes down fighting types to protect Hydreigon)

My Metagross is the Main Physical Sweeper of the team. He is meant to also survive for a while (which he sometimes does). I want him to cover and defend my three other Pokemon. His speed seems a little low. The rocky helemet is to cause extra damage in battle. Sometimes it is down to the last 2 Pokemon and both are dieing, if I take damage, see if it takes damage.

Those are currently the only 4 Pokemon I have. I don't know who else to pick. I was thinking possible 2 defensive Pokemon, but I really don't know. I want something too that won't be double KOed to BLizzerd (Serperior and Thundurus) or Heat Wave (MEtagross and Serperior) Dont know how to use spoiler tags sorry.

Name: Leaflo
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Teams:

Team White in Rotation:

Looking for Vivillionof the world. Legendaries too!
    I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfect ivs, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are and treat them like individuals instead of drones. So I herd u leik teh mudkipz
    I have a group of Mudkips and Shinx looking for a good home. Pm me with offers. May just give them away for a Patrat

Alright, so as with everyone else here, I need to make a team. Lately I have been making superb Pokemon but there's no team synergy when I choose six Pokemon out of my box. I am here to get help on creating a team that I have began thinking of.

Right now I have thought of a single lead, a single wall, and a single sweeper. I will take all suggestions ranging from moveset change to replacing the Pokemon, or even replacing the role. I want to make a superb team, not just make what's easy for me. As for tiers, the people I play with unfortunately don't go by tiers very well. It's basically any legendary that's not in the Uber Tier (I can still use Blaziken and such)

So now I will show you my current thoughts on my team.

Spoiler:- Lead:

Spoiler:- Wall:

Spoiler:- Sweeper:

This is my team so far, and it's suspect to change. I think that so far this can work if I get the remaining three team mates to properly cover eachother's backs properly. Please help with this team, and if you decide to, I am thanking you before hand.
    Last edited by Bossk; 31st August 2012 at 10:27 PM.

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast