Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 902

Thread: Team Building Help Thread

  1. #51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default Sun team

    I'm looking to make a sun team. Just found out that blaziken is an Uber, so my final sweeper is gone now. I was thinking of adding a chlorophyll Tangrowth in to replace it or something else, but I'm not completely sure. Also, I'm sure there are some problems with the EVs that I have planned, as in having four more or less in health might provide living through five seismic tosses, etc. If you have better numbers, feel free to tell me them.

        Spoiler:- Sunny Team:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    White friend code: 2494 3388 7234-Hiro

    Shinies: (MM-first egg!)
    RNG shinies:
    Event Shinies:
    DW Females:
    DW Males/Genderless:

    I don't like acronyms. They confuse me.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    I have an idea for a team. I have used a team with these Pokemon in the past but I want to improve the team. I just want some advice where I should start and other suggestions. Here they are:

    Volbeat@Focus Sash
    Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 SpDef
    Bold
    -Tail Glow
    -Encore
    -Baton Pass
    -Bug Buzz

    Alakazam@Focus Sash
    Magic Guard
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd
    Timid
    -Psyshock
    -Focus Blast
    -Shadow Ball
    -Grass Knot

    This combo has worked great for me. If I can catch someone off guard using a set up move, I can Tail Glow the turn they set up, Encore them so they use it again, Tail Glow again on the switch and then Baton Pass to Alakazam. I can still get one Tail Glow passed to Alakazam against an attacking Pokemon because of Focus Sash. The main problem with this is priority, which can defeat both Volbeat and Alakazam. I probably need a counter to priority attacks.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

    Black FC: 4470 0962 7774
    Diamond FC: 3180 7729 2302
    IG Name: JOSH


    Credit to Pyroecstacy for userbar^

  3. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarneysRage View Post
    I'm looking to make a sun team. Just found out that blaziken is an Uber, so my final sweeper is gone now. I was thinking of adding a chlorophyll Tangrowth in to replace it or something else, but I'm not completely sure. Also, I'm sure there are some problems with the EVs that I have planned, as in having four more or less in health might provide living through five seismic tosses, etc. If you have better numbers, feel free to tell me them.

        Spoiler:- Sunny Team:
    Tell me, is this in PO or Wifi.
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

    -Alex

  4. #54
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexandriaTheMixed View Post
    Tell me, is this in PO or Wifi.
    Seeing as I don't completely understand what you said, I'm gonna sat it's on an actual cartridge. Battling 6v6 randoms from forum over wifi if that helps.
    White friend code: 2494 3388 7234-Hiro

    Shinies: (MM-first egg!)
    RNG shinies:
    Event Shinies:
    DW Females:
    DW Males/Genderless:

    I don't like acronyms. They confuse me.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Third Moon of Endor
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Hello to all in the forums. I am Vatii. I am a girl who plays Pokemon and loves video games in general. GET OVER IT! I decided to make a team based off of a whole new threat I found known as Bouffalant. I just need some help with it. Here is what I know about Bouffalant.

    Bouffalnt
    Lets get this strait. It gets 120 base power attack without stab that has only 20% recoil. Add in stab and it has 180 base power. Then add in reckless and it goes all the way up to 216. Then throw in a choice band onto its attack of 350 and your going to hit like a truck, filled with cement, with one metric ton of thermite on it lit on fire. Its ridiculous. Here is the set I want to use

    Bouffalant
    Ability: Reckless
    Item: Choice Band
    Head Charge
    Wild Charge
    Mega Horn
    Earthquake
    Nature: Adamant
    Ev's: +252 attack, +252 Speed

  6. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarneysRage View Post
    Seeing as I don't completely understand what you said, I'm gonna sat it's on an actual cartridge. Battling 6v6 randoms from forum over wifi if that helps.
    PO is a battling system on the computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatii View Post
    Hello to all in the forums. I am Vatii. I am a girl who plays Pokemon and loves video games in general. GET OVER IT! I decided to make a team based off of a whole new threat I found known as Bouffalant. I just need some help with it. Here is what I know about Bouffalant.

    Bouffalnt
    Lets get this strait. It gets 120 base power attack without stab that has only 20% recoil. Add in stab and it has 180 base power. Then add in reckless and it goes all the way up to 216. Then throw in a choice band onto its attack of 350 and your going to hit like a truck, filled with cement, with one metric ton of thermite on it lit on fire. Its ridiculous. Here is the set I want to use

    Bouffalant
    Ability: Reckless
    Item: Choice Band
    Head Charge
    Wild Charge
    Mega Horn
    Earthquake
    Nature: Adamant
    Ev's: +252 attack, +252 Speed
    Add some more team members. Then I could help a bit more.
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

    -Alex

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Third Moon of Endor
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexandriaTheMixed View Post
    PO is a battling system on the computer.


    Add some more team members. Then I could help a bit more.
    Ok I also want to use Carracosta and Skarmory
    Carracosta
    Ability: Solid Rock
    Item: ????
    Waterfall
    Stone Edge
    Shell Smash
    Substitute

    Skyarmory
    Ability: Sturdy
    Item: ????
    Spikes
    Whirlwind
    Bravebird
    Roost
    Last edited by Vatii; 21st April 2012 at 11:46 AM.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever I want to be.
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Any other ideas for my OU team? With Kyurem.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexandriaTheMixed View Post
    PO is a battling system on the computer.
    Well in that case it would be wifi. Generally standard rules, with minor changes to allow the team to exist.
    White friend code: 2494 3388 7234-Hiro

    Shinies: (MM-first egg!)
    RNG shinies:
    Event Shinies:
    DW Females:
    DW Males/Genderless:

    I don't like acronyms. They confuse me.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In a cardboard box.
    Posts
    53

    Default

    So I was just reading The Smog and they were saying Metagross and Rotom-W were like a really balanced core used competivley and even won some VGCs. I was hoping someone could give just some ideas for the team.


    Looking for an LC Tutor! Requirements:
    - 6 month minimum experience
    - Appropriate ladder points (1250pts+)
    - PO for communication
    - Must have acceptable schedule

    If you have any questions, PM/VM me.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    hi, im a newbie here. i wanna make an offense team for WFC Random matchup

        Spoiler:


    thanks in advance for the help!

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The Island
    Posts
    2,745

    Default

    So I'm starting to make a Team for Competitive Battling, and I feel like I have a good core. I'm just trying to balance the Team out now, and not sure what to run with. I guess what I'm looking for is to maintain offensive presence while putting pressure on the opponent. Here's what I have so far:

    Dragonite @ Life Orb?
    Rash (252 ATK, 252 SpA, 4 Spe)
    Draco Meteor
    Fire Blast
    ExtremeSpeed
    Brick Break

    Jirachi @ Life Orb/Choice Scarf
    Hasty (252 ATK, 252 Spe, 4 SpA)
    Iron Head
    Fire Punch
    Ice Punch
    Grass Knot

    Swampert @ Choice Band
    Adamant (172 HP, 252 ATK, 84 Spe)
    Waterfall
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Hammer Arm


    So those three have really good synergy, and I probably want to stick to that (it started off as Flygon and Jirachi for Synergy, and those two together wouldn't be bad, but I feel like Dragonite helps with adding a Fighting-resist). I kind of want to have Spin support for Dragonite, which is why Hitmontop is next, but if that's not necessary I'll probably change it (Breloom has been another option of mine)

    Hitmontop @ ????
    Adamant (252 HP, 252 ATK, 4 DEF)
    Mach Punch
    Fake Out
    Sucker Punch
    Rapid Spin

    Any help would be appreciated.
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    88

    Default

    I need help with team building, i have an idea of how itll start off but not sure if itll be good

    Espeon (Light Clay or Leftovers)
    Timid(252-Def, 252-Speed)
    Reflect
    Light screen
    Psychic
    Baton Pass or Recover (Not sure yet)


    Scizor (Life Orb)
    Jolly(252-Att 252-Speed)
    X-Scissor
    Pursuit
    Bullet Punch
    Swords Dance

    I dont know where to go from there though or if its even a good thought what i have. Any hell would be much appreciated thanks

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Philippines (GMT+8)
    Posts
    33

    Default

    I really want to do a NU match, but dont know a lot of Pokemon that are.... um.. my style. I trained one though, is it a good idea?
    Bastiodon @ Leftovers
    Impish
    252 HP , 4 def 252 SpD
    Stealth Rocks
    Iron Defense
    Iron Head
    Taunt

    I'm a newbie, so please suggest any other good NU pokemon or improvements.
    I would appreciate it more if you VM me, cause i don't usually come in this thread.
    Last edited by JoshuaMunoz; 26th April 2012 at 2:16 AM.
    3DS: 1349 - 5259 - 6997
    IGN: Joshua

    Friend Safari: Pyroar, Braxien & Pansear ♪

    my shinies c:
    • horsea (obtained 10/22/13)
    • seadra (obtained 10/23/13)
    • feebas (hatched 12/29/13) outstanding with 3 perfect ivs c:
    • swinub (hatched 2/2/14) above average with 3 perfect ivs

  15. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarneysRage View Post
    Well in that case it would be wifi. Generally standard rules, with minor changes to allow the team to exist.
    Okay. Smogon OU wifi?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquadon View Post
    So I'm starting to make a Team for Competitive Battling, and I feel like I have a good core. I'm just trying to balance the Team out now, and not sure what to run with. I guess what I'm looking for is to maintain offensive presence while putting pressure on the opponent. Here's what I have so far:

    Dragonite @ Life Orb?
    Rash (252 ATK, 252 SpA, 4 Spe)
    Draco Meteor
    Fire Blast
    ExtremeSpeed
    Brick Break

    Jirachi @ Life Orb/Choice Scarf
    Hasty (252 ATK, 252 Spe, 4 SpA)
    Iron Head
    Fire Punch
    Ice Punch
    Grass Knot

    Swampert @ Choice Band
    Adamant (172 HP, 252 ATK, 84 Spe)
    Waterfall
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Hammer Arm


    So those three have really good synergy, and I probably want to stick to that (it started off as Flygon and Jirachi for Synergy, and those two together wouldn't be bad, but I feel like Dragonite helps with adding a Fighting-resist). I kind of want to have Spin support for Dragonite, which is why Hitmontop is next, but if that's not necessary I'll probably change it (Breloom has been another option of mine)

    Hitmontop @ ????
    Adamant (252 HP, 252 ATK, 4 DEF)
    Mach Punch
    Fake Out
    Sucker Punch
    Rapid Spin

    Any help would be appreciated.
    You don't need to mix everything.

    Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Claw
    - Dragon Dance
    - Fire Punch
    - ExtremeSpeed

    Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 204 SDef / 52 Spd
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Calm Mind
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Wish

    Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Ice Beam
    - Earthquake
    - Roar
    - Stealth Rock

    Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Brave Bird
    - Whirlwind
    - Spikes
    - Roost

    Starmie @ Life Orb
    Trait: Illuminate
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Rapid Spin

    Electivire (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Motor Drive
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Wild Charge
    - Volt Switch
    - Ice Punch
    - Cross Chop
    Quote Originally Posted by GC7 View Post
    I need help with team building, i have an idea of how itll start off but not sure if itll be good

    Espeon (Light Clay or Leftovers)
    Timid(252-Def, 252-Speed)
    Reflect
    Light screen
    Psychic
    Baton Pass or Recover (Not sure yet)


    Scizor (Life Orb)
    Jolly(252-Att 252-Speed)
    X-Scissor
    Pursuit
    Bullet Punch
    Swords Dance

    I dont know where to go from there though or if its even a good thought what i have. Any hell would be much appreciated thanks
    Espeon (F) @ Light Clay
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Psyshock
    - Baton Pass
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen

    Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - U-turn
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit
    - Bullet Punch
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

    -Alex

  16. #66

    Default

    I need help Building an Offensive OU team based around my Infernape. I want Infernape to be my main Sweeper. As for sets I'm still trying to decide between a Mixape set or a Swords Dance Set.

    My Second Pokemon is going to be Rotom W, mainly because its bulky and checks most of infernapes counters. I'm going to use this set

    Rotom W @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SPAtt
    Nature: Modest/Timid
    - Hydro Pump
    - Thunderbolt
    - Pain Split
    - Substitute

    I need some Suggestions for the rest of my team. I was thinking off adding a grass type but I'm stuck between Ferrothorn and Virizion.



    Infenape for life!!!!!!!!!!

    Pokemon Black FC:
    5028-8955-7306

    [url=http://www.dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx]

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emerl98 View Post
    I need help Building an Offensive OU team based around my Infernape. I want Infernape to be my main Sweeper. As for sets I'm still trying to decide between a Mixape set or a Swords Dance Set.

    My Second Pokemon is going to be Rotom W, mainly because its bulky and checks most of infernapes counters. I'm going to use this set

    Rotom W @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SPAtt
    Nature: Modest/Timid
    - Hydro Pump
    - Thunderbolt
    - Pain Split
    - Substitute

    I need some Suggestions for the rest of my team. I was thinking off adding a grass type but I'm stuck between Ferrothorn and Virizion.
    Don't get me wrong, Mixape is a great set, but I suggest using the swords dance set. Why? Because Mixape is more of a wall breaker then a sweeper.

    Okay, so let's look at Infernape's most dangerous counters. Jellicent, Tentacruel, and Gyarados give it a problem, but those are both easily handled by Rotom-W. The latis, Dragonite, and Salamence could all be a pain, and aren't as easily handled by Rotom-W. Neither Ferrothorn nor Virizion can handle these either, so I suggest finding a new pokemon to take them on. Choice Band Scizor can handle the Latis and Mence, but you'll have to use something else for D-nite. If you add said Scizor, you could also give Rotom Volt Switch and turn your team into VoltTurn.

    As for your grass type problem...Ferrothorn can set up stealth rock quite well, and handle Choice Specs Draco Meteors along with pokemon locked in outrage. I'd actually use this one if in the end you don't decide to use Scizor, but if you do, I'd find something else for stealth rock. Maybe you could still use it even if you had Scizor, just because it can take said attacks better, while Scizor would find itself being 2HKOed. Virizion, on the other hand, just simply goes well with the offensive nature of the team you wish to build.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Hi, I'm new to UU and I'm most familiar with the OU scene now, so can I please get some help?

    I wanna build a team based around Flygon. My dilemma is that I don't even know what to do with Flygon: should I scout with a Scarf or sweep with LO/CB?

  19. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sadu-Hem View Post
    Hi, I'm new to UU and I'm most familiar with the OU scene now, so can I please get some help?

    I wanna build a team based around Flygon. My dilemma is that I don't even know what to do with Flygon: should I scout with a Scarf or sweep with LO/CB?
    Considering Flygon has average speed, I'd go with the scarfed variant. Using Flygon grants you a Dragon/Ice Weakness. Special Defensive Empoleon would be fantastic to use as he resists both of these types, and Flygon is ammune to ground, electric, and gives the team a fire resist.

    Empoleon doesn't have the best self recovery, and he's very vital. Umbreon would have a nice Niche in your team as he can be a statuser/status healing Pokémon. (Also Specially Defensive Set.)

    With these team members you have a bulging fighting weakness. Mew, Sableye, or Mismagius should be able to fix this so don't fret. If you need any more help just ask. (:
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

    -Alex

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sadu-Hem View Post
    Hi, I'm new to UU and I'm most familiar with the OU scene now, so can I please get some help?

    I wanna build a team based around Flygon. My dilemma is that I don't even know what to do with Flygon: should I scout with a Scarf or sweep with LO/CB?
    As Alexandria said, Flygon is best with the Choice Scarf set. It doesn't get Dragon Dance so it doesn't really get a chance to sweep often.
    Flygon's main counters are Bronzong, Slowbro, Gligar and Milotic.
    Also, Flygon will force a lot of switches so hazards could be good.
    The best poke to deal with its main counter is Shaymin. Maybe add a fire type for bronzong.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexandriaTheMixed View Post
    Okay. Smogon OU wifi?
    I suppose so. Lower tier if possible, but probably OU. I saw that drought wasn't allowed, but I'll be ignoring that rule when I set up my battles.
    White friend code: 2494 3388 7234-Hiro

    Shinies: (MM-first egg!)
    RNG shinies:
    Event Shinies:
    DW Females:
    DW Males/Genderless:

    I don't like acronyms. They confuse me.

  22. #72

    Default

    Thanks for help. I decided to add Skarmory to act as a wall and a Stealth Rock set up. So my current team is:
        Spoiler:- My Team:


    Any Suggestions for the last pokemon??



    Infenape for life!!!!!!!!!!

    Pokemon Black FC:
    5028-8955-7306

    [url=http://www.dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx]

  23. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emerl98 View Post
    Thanks for help. I decided to add Skarmory to act as a wall and a Stealth Rock set up. So my current team is:
        Spoiler:- My Team:


    Any Suggestions for the last pokemon??
    You have a very large fire weakness. Volcarona after one Quiver, could really do some damage if Rotom-W is gone. I'd like to give more of a rate than right now, but it'll have to wait. When I have more time later count on it that I'll be a much better help.
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

    -Alex

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    How's this team for Random Matchup?

    Metagross @ Shuca Berry
    Adamant
    flawless IVs
    EV spread?
    Clear Body
    Stealth Rock
    Ice Punch
    Meteor Mash
    Earthquake

    Latios @ Choice Specs
    Timid
    Levitate
    31/6/31/30/31/30
    4 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Speed
    Hidden Power Fire
    Draco Meteor
    Psyshock
    Surf

    Scizor @ Life Orb
    Adamant
    flawless IVs
    Technician
    252 HP/252 Atk/4 Speed
    Bug Bite
    Swords Dance
    Bullet Punch
    Superpower

    Skarmory @ Leftovers
    Sturdy
    flawless
    Impish
    252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
    Brave Bird
    Spikes
    Whirlwind
    Roost

    Raikou @ Air Balloon
    Timid
    224 HP/32 Def/252 Speed
    31/22/30/31/31/31
    Pressure
    Hidden Power Ice
    Thunderbolt
    Calm Mind
    Substitute

    Need help on a last teammate, or swapouts. If anything, I'd base this team around Raikou or Scizor. For some reason, I wanted to use my shiny Latios, and Specs Latios just smashes holes in everything barring Chansey.


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    111

    Default

    As Alexandria said, Flygon is best with the Choice Scarf set. It doesn't get Dragon Dance so it doesn't really get a chance to sweep often.
    Flygon's main counters are Bronzong, Slowbro, Gligar and Milotic.
    Also, Flygon will force a lot of switches so hazards could be good.
    The best poke to deal with its main counter is Shaymin. Maybe add a fire type for bronzong.
    So something like a Flygon + Shaymin + Arcanine offensive core?

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •