Togekiss @ leftovers
    Bold
    Serene Grace
    252 Hp/ 126 def/ 126 SpDef
    Air Slash
    Aura Sphere
    Roost
    Thunder Wave
    My wall basically I paralyze and air slash to give a very little chance for the enemy to attack with aura sphere for coverage.

This is all I have so far and I need suggestions for the rest of my team and how well my current team fits together.
    Well your in desperate need of a spinner or anything else that stops rocks, should probably add rocks as well and you need something to resist ice type moves. Lastly you should probably add something that a Roark can actually bluff while not getting wrecked by a neutral hit

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Default Help with Kanto Cup team

Hi, I hope this is the right thread, but I really would be gracious for some help with my team for the upcomming Kanto Cup. The problem is mostly that I have a couple Pokemon too many, and I need help picking the best 6 that also work in a 3vs.3 style (which I believe is how the tournament rules go).

Anyway, I listed the most common threats that would probably show up. Sun teams with Venusaur and/or Victrebell are a big one since it's easy to pull off and Ninetales is the only auto-weather inducer. Then there's multiscale Dragonite, skill link Cloyster, and eviolite Chansey which will likely appear on most teams. Other common poke's could be Gengar, Starmie, Magneton (only steel), Machamp, Zapdos, Ditto, and Slowbro. Snorlax, Charizard, and Alakazam will probably show up here and there too. As far as entry hazards go, Chansey will probably be one of the main stealth rock layers and will try to use them to counter common stuff like Charizard, Dragonite, Cloyster, Zapdos, etc. Toxic Spikes will probably be not so much since Tentacruel is the only decent layer, and some of the big threats like Dragonite and Venusaur are immune.

Here's my list:

Aerodactyl @ Rock Gem
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 Spd / 248 HP / 8 Atk
    Jolly Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rain Dance
    - Rock Slide
    - Substitute
    Note: Perfect counter for Ninetales lead sun-team. Scout with sub to see if it will attack you or use Will-o-Wisp or Hypnosis or an attack. If it attacks OHKO it with Rock Slide and set up rain to cripple their sun themed team. If not, you get the chance to set up stealth rocks.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Mild Nature
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Dragon Dance
    - Hurricane
    - Outrage
    Note: Can't dispute this thing's power. Hurricane works great if Aerodactyl sets up rain.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Imposter
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
    Bold Nature
    - Transform
    Note: This one of the only sure fire ways I can think of to counter a boosted Cloyster, Dragonite, and Venusaur, which there are sure to be plenty of running around. This thing is probably the most useful guy on the team so I want to make sure to leave him in.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature
    - Aromatherapy
    - Softboiled
    - Flamethrower
    - Thunder Wave
    Note: Kind of an unusual set, but with sun being common flamethrower will do more damage (esp. to Venusaur) and have a 20% chance of burning, which is also good for stall wars. It also breaks Dragonite's multiscale and keeps it from being taunt bait. Thunderwave is to shut down fast sweepers. Aromatherapy will help it in stall wars too, and is a bit unexpected because most Chansey's run Natural Cure.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Trick
    - Substitute
    Note: Sub is for scouting and setting up on a switch, but I'm wondering how useful it is over focus blast. Anyway, Psychic is a must for Machamp, and is better in this cup because of the lack of steels and darks. Trick and Sub let you beat a minimizing Chansey with no problem since trick isn't effected by evasion boosts (I think.. is this correct??) Shadow Ball is stab and helps with Slowbro, but only if it's weakened first (which will be tricky with Regenerator)

Starmie @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
    - Ice Beam
    - Psyshock
    - Thunderbolt
    - Rapid Spin
    Note: Only decent spinner and has great coverage and speed. Has problems with boosted Dragonite, Chlorophyll users, and Alakazam, so consider using Choice scarf or Focus sash?? Also the only good Slowbro counter on this team.

Slowbro @ Sitrus Berry
    Trait: Own Tempo
    EVs: 12 SAtk / 248 HP / 248 Def
    Bold Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Psychic
    - Ice Beam
    - Scald
    - Trick Room (or Slack Off / Thunderwave / Flamethrower?)
    Note: Regenerator is great, but Own Tempo is to counter Dynamic punch. Considering Thunderwave or something else over Trick Room since it for the most part just benefits Slowbro, but most mons will still be faster than Slowbro after the Thunderwave so... I don't know)

Rapidash @ Sitrius Berry / Life Orb
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 216 Spd / 252 Atk / 36 HP / 4 Def
    Jolly Nature
    IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
    - Horn Drill
    - Flare Blitz
    - Drill Run
    - Will-O-Wisp / Wild Charge
    Note: Really not sure about this one, but since without Slowbro I'm still weak to Machamp, I thought that this would be the perfect surprise counter because of a 100% accurate Horn Drill. Since this thing would normally not threaten Machamp expect for maybe a Will-O-Wisp, it could lure switch ins that would head straight for a stone edge that will be too slow to hit before it faints. The EVs have been tweaked to just outspeed a max speed Ninetales, to which it can use Drill Run and resist it's common attacks. Will-O-Wisp is for Dragonite, Wild Chargeis for Slowbrow, although the latter would have to just be on a predicted switch to be useful. Fissure Nidoking is also an option for surprising Machamp, but since poison resists fighting the foe's Machamp might not want to stick around and your No-Guard Fissure tactic would be given away on the switch.
    Last edited by orangekirby; 8th February 2013 at 3:25 PM.

I would like to make a team out of these guys but i don't know which would be best. Help :S

Garchomp @Choice scarf
    Lonely Nature
    252att / 252 spd / 4hp
    -DClaw
    -EQ
    -Brick Break
    -Crunch

Basic Physical sweeper. Dragon claw and earthquake for basic stabs. Brickbreak for physical walls and also ice types. Crunch to fill. EV's for fast killing, pretty basic
    Fast Physical Sweeper

Blissey @Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    252 def / 252hp / 4 spdef
    -toxic
    -flamethrower
    -softboiled
    -protect

Wall/staller. Toxic to deal dmg over time. protect to stall, soft boiled to heal. Flamethrower to deal with steel types that don't get poisoned. def ev's cause of low def, hp ev's for maximum potential.
    SP Def Tank/ Staller

Aerodactyl @scope lens
    Adamant
    252att / 252 spd / 4hp
    -EQ
    -stone edge
    -crunch
    -Aerial Ace

EV's for fast killing, pretty basic. Aerial Ace and stoneedge for STABs. EQ because it's OP and crunch for filler.
    Fast Physical Sweeper

Skarmory @Leftovers
    Jolly Nature
    252 def 252 speed 4 hp
    -aerial ace
    -steelwing
    -stealth rocks
    -spikes

speed EV's to set down hazards faster, Defense for maximum physical wall potential. Aerial ace and steel wing because no current access to roost and brave bird. Stealth rocks and spikes for hazards
    Set-up/ Def tank

Salamence @Choice Scarf / Expert Belt
    Impish Nature
    252att / 252 spd / 4hp
    -Dclaw
    -crunch
    -EQ
    -stone edge

EV's for fast killing, pretty basic. Dclaw for stab. EQ cause it's OP. Stone edge for ice types. Crunch for filler
    Fast Physical Sweeper

Milotic @Leftovers/mystic water
    Bold Nature
    252 sp def / 252 hp / 4 def
    -scald
    -ice beam
    -toxic
    -recover

EV's for stalling potential. Recover/toxic for healing. Scald for STAB and to burn others that can't get poisoned. Ice beam just cause
    Sp Def Tank/ Staller

Hydreigon @expert belt
    Modest
    252SPatt / 252 spd / 4hp
    -Dpulse
    -charge beam / focus blast
    -surf
    -fireblast

EV's for fast killing, pretty basic. DPulse for STAB. Moves are based on killing multiple types. Expert belt to help
    Sp Sweeper

Gengar @spell tag
    Timid Nature
    252SPatt / 252 spd / 4hp
    -hypnosis
    -dreameater
    -thunderbolt
    -shadowball

Dream eater to help get hp back. Shadow ball for STAB. Thunderbolt for filler. EV's for fast killing, pretty basic.
    Sp Sweeper

Dragonite @Rocky Helmet
    Adamant
    252def / 252 spdef / 4hp
    -Dclaw
    -stoneedge
    -EQ
    -aerial ace

EV's for beefy physical. Aerial Ace and DClaw for STAB. Stone edge for ice types and EQ for filler/coverage.
    Bulky Physical Sweeper

Gyarados @mystic water / nevermeltice
    Mild Nature
    252att / 252 spd / 4hp
    -ice fang
    -dragon tail
    -EQ
    -aquatail

EV's for fast killing, pretty basic. Ice fang to handle dragon and grass types. Dragon tail for switches for hazard dmg. Aqua tail for STAB. EQ for filler
    Physical Sweeper

Charizard @Charcoal / Choice Scarf
    Modest Nature
    252SPatt / 252 spd / 4hp
    -fireblast
    -focusblast / roar
    -dragonpulse
    -airslash

EV's for fast killing, pretty basic. Air slash and fire blast for STAB. Focus blast and dragon pulse are fillers. Roar for hazard dmg and to take out those who u can't beat.
    Sp Sweeper

help me please, almost move suggestions are welcome ty
    Last edited by ralphydot; 12th February 2013 at 8:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphydot View Post
    I would like to make a team out of these guys but i don't know which would be best. Help :S

Garchomp-DClaw EQ Brick Break Crunch

Blissey-toxic flamethrower softboiled protect

Aerodactyl-EQ stone edge crunch Aerial Ace

skarmory-aerial ace steelwing stealth rocks spikes

salamence-Dclaw crunch EQ stone edge

milotic-scald ice beam toxic recover

Hydreigon- Dpulse charge beam surf fireblast

gengar-hypnosis dreameater thunderbolt shadowball

dragonite- Dclaw stoneedge EQ aerial ace

gyarados-ice fang dragon tail EQ aquatail

charizard- fireblast focusblast dragonpulse airslash

help me please, almost move suggestions are welcome ty
    Sorry, but you're missing a lot of things here, first: You need to show us in this format for each Pokemon

Pokemon @ Item
    Ability:
    EVs:
    Nature:
    - move
    - move
    - move
    - move

Secondly, you need to provide descriptions for each Pokemon's role in battle and how you will use them in battle.

It's all explained on the 1st post of this thread. Good Luck with the team~! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

I edited my post

Quote Originally Posted by ralphydot View Post
    I edited my post
    Very close, but the descriptions have to be at least 3 sentences long to suffice. I suggest to explain how you will use the moves, how the EVs take effect, and why you have that specific role for said Pokemon.

That, and you need to add EVs in order for us to even begin to help you make a team.

See this thread for information on EVs: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Vs-and-natures

And if you'd only like a rate for a single Pokemon, post here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...EAD-FIRST-POST

Be sure to follow the correct format on how to post. You'll see how to post your Pokemon on the 1st post of that thread. Good Luck!
    Last edited by White_Roar~; 9th February 2013 at 1:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

I plan on basing my team around Dual Weathers.

Tyranitar
    Sand Stream
    Lax
    Chople Berry
    252 Atk/252 Defense/ 4?
    Bick Break
    Fire fang
    Crunch
    Rock Slide/Stone Edge

I plan on using him to set up sand. This is going to be useful for Scizor to boost sp def. He will also be used to break choice scarfs . Also Firefang is to hit grass types. Brick break is to use on Dark Types.

Politoed
    Drizzle
    Modest
    Leftovers
    252 HP/ 252 Special atk/ 4 speed
    Scald
    Bounce
    Ice Beam
    Hidden Power ?

Set up rain. This is to help Scizor by weakening fire type moves. Ice beam is for flying and dragon. Scald is to potentially burn physical hitters.Bounce is to attack Fighting types.

Scizor
    Technician
    Naive
    Kings Rock
    252 atk/ 252 speed / 4 def
    Vacuum Wave
    Bullet Punch
    Iron defense/ swords dance
    Feint / Double hit

Priority moves will hopefully make receivers flinch with Kings rock. Iron defense to boost defense or Swords dance to boost attack. Stab Bullet Punch and Vacuum wave. Double hit to hit twice and more chances to flinch.

These are just thought I had, I only have them breed not trained, so I can re-breed if necessary. I was also thinking of adding a hydration whiscash as well.Thoughts would be Greatly appreciated.
    X Friend Code ~5172-0172-4191 | Y Friend Code ~ 3265-6270-3575 Pm/Vm to swap codes.
        Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Adaptable Porygon-Z View Post
        Spoiler:- conserving space:
    Dual weather, huh? I just hope you know that it's more of a gimmick then an advantage. Not saying people shouldn't use gimmicks if they want to, but if you're #1 goal is to win, you should only use one weather.

Well, this team needs quite some work already.

Lax is an awful nature for Tyranitar, or anything, really. Try sassy, relaxed, or brave. Sure, they lowers speed, but Tyranitar never had any anyway. Max HP should help Tyranitar's defense and special defense, so go for that instead, and Tyranitar specializes at taking special attacks. Fire Blast is a better option then Fire Fang. It misses 15% of the time, but it's the best way to take out Ferrothorn and Skarmory, and does a much better job then Fire Fang, even if Tyranitar is a physical attacker. Other grass types(Celebi, Venusaur) will do a hefty amount of damage to it anyway, so it's best to just swap out if it's against them most of the time. And it hits Celebi with STAB crunch anyway. Stone Edge may be less accurate, but the extra power from Stone Edge is often rewarding, so I'd push towards that.

Bounce is almost always a bad move, and it serves no purpose for Politoed. In most cases, I think surf may actually do more damage to fighting types. Bounce will reach 170 power when super effective. Okay, that's good and all, but in the rain, and with STAB, Scald will reach 180 power. Surf, on the other hand, will reach 213 power, so that's an option, considering that your Politoed is sort of offensive. Hydro Pump is if you want to go crazy offensively, hitting 270 power. That's 50% more powerful then scald.

Hidden Power Grass is the most used on Politoed, since it hits Gastrodon for high damage, and that usually laughs at Politeod's other attacks.

To compare, Scizor has the same special attack as Magikarp. Yep. So, with technician and Vacuum Wave, you're hitting equal as hard as Magikarp would with Shock Wave. Just drop the idea of mixed Scizor all together; go for full physical power. If you want to sweep, you could go for Max HP, 40 attack, and put the rest in special defense, and give it the moves Roost, Swords Dance, Bug Bite, and Bullet Punch. If you want to hit hard, and are fine with swapping out a lot, you could give it the choice band and use U-turn, Bullet Punch, SuperPower and Quick Attack or Pursuit. Of course, both of these sets would want an Adamant nature much more then they'd want Naive. Kings Rock is also unreliable item and depends far too much on luck, so giving it an item like the Life Orb or Leftovers would be better.

Sorry for not helping you with new teammates, I'll try and do that later. But, just so you know, not every pokemon has to benefit to your weather. That'd just limit your options and leave you more vulnerable if strong sunlight went up. You still want enough pokemon to benefit from the weather to make it worth while, but you don't need to go all out on it. I'll try to help with the team building part later.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 12th February 2013 at 1:34 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

lol sorry, how bout now? sorry to bug you

This isn't really a question about my whole team but I just caught a Timid Heatran with IVs 23/7/4/28/20/22. Should I keep it and EV train it or keep resetting for better IVs?
    Friend Code X/Y: 5413-0119-2660
    IGN: Ryan
    Friend Safari: (ROCK)
    Check out my Youtube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/RyIsBored
    Mega Wishlist:

This is my team im setting up. im not for what you can say good, but im mediorce.

first one:
    Salamance M
    Level: 50+
    Item: That dragon reducing berry.
    ability: Rock head, or whatever that becomes from shelgon.
    Moves: 1) You should've seen thi coming. Draco Meteor. A good Dragon attack for Any dragon, an perfect w/ my salamace's high Sp.A.
    2) Fire Blast.
    great for ice types, and agian good for my salamaces Sp.A.

3) Curse. As salamance can take alot, so I gave it curse. that speed isnt a problem for me as i get carbos easily.
    4) Any decent ice move. I dont know much about his Movepool, but he should be able to learn ice beam.
    Nature: Lonely

2:

Tyranitar M
    Level: 67
    Item: Zoom Lens
    Ability: his only ability!

Moves
    1)
    Stone Edge
    It Explains Itself.
    2) Crunch
    One of the best dark type moves. ever.

3) Earthquake
    A good move for him, and he can beat that pesky lucario, and other steel types.

4)What would he be without his Curse? He is already slow, and this helps his Zoom Lens! two birds one stone!

Nature: Careful.

Well the rest are in thought right now but other than that they are all pseudo-legendary.
    Who wants a dragon type. Got BILLIONS.

Black 2 FC 5029 3297 5486

Current shiny hunt

Here, have a bulbasaur brighten your day

Ryhdon dances in pokemon conquest. lollollollol PAAAAARTEH!!!

[spoiler=my team] need help finishing and fixing my team
    First i want a pokemon to set up stealth rock and rain dance - my lead
    Next i send out gorebyss/huntail @ white herb
    -shell smash
    -baton pass
    -surf
    -?
    The my special sweeper
    Hydreigon @ lum berry(in case poison me/paralyze me
    Not sure about moves
    Garchomp@ expert belt
    -outrage
    -stone edge
    -earthquake
    -?
    Need help for rest of team

I'm a novice at the whole team building thing. I need a lot of help finding two more Pokemon to complete my team and good move sets for each of my team members. Sorry for the format of the team layout. Well here is my somewhat crappy team below:

Note:I'm trying to build a team that has good speed and defense but that also get in and can kill easily.

Haxorous:
    |Lv.67|Male|Careful|Rivalry|Draco Plate|
    |Atk:245|Def:152|Spd:156|Sp. Atk:96|Sp. Def:126|
    |Dragon Claw|Dragon Dance|Earthquake|Brick Break|
    Using him for attack so I can Stab and take out the enemy's team quickly.

Zoroark:
    |Lv.55|Male|Hasty|Illusion|Griseous Orb|
    |Atk:143|Def:80|Spd:154|Sp. Atk:155|Sp. Def:90|
    |Shadow Ball|Toxic|Night Slash|Flamethrower|
    Using him mostly for speed.

Typhlosion:
    |52|Male|Sassy|Blaze|Razor Claw|
    |Atk:107|Def:104|Spd:116|Sp. Atk:137|Sp. Def:117|
    |Will-O-Wisp|ThunderPunch|Flamethrower|Earthquake|
    Using him because I feel like it.

Lucario:
    |44|Male|Brave|Steadfast|Wide Lens|
    |Atk:130|Def:71|Spd:85|Sp. Atk:107|Sp. Def:85|
    |Swords Dance|Brick Break|Heal Pulse|??????|
    Using him for Speed of course.

Note:The stats don't consist of EV's they're just normal stats.
    Last edited by DemonViper; 12th March 2013 at 2:36 AM.
    3DS friend code: 0662 2944 5621

Normal Safari with Ditto, Teddiursa, and Loudred.

Favorite Pokemon and Mega: Swampert and Mega Chomp.

My competitive team for X (still needs fixing): Softboil Blissey, Hazard Forretress, King's shield Aegislash, Poison Heal Gliscor, Mega Garchomp, Offensive Greninja.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonViper View Post
    I'm a novice at the whole team building thing. I need a lot of help finding two more Pokemon to complete my team and good move sets for each of my team members. Sorry for the format of the team layout. Well here is my somewhat crappy team below:

Note:I'm using this team for mostly for Attack and Speed.

Haxorous:
    |Lv.67|Male|Careful|Rivalry|Draco Plate|
    |Atk:245|Def:152|Spd:156|Sp. Atk:96|Sp. Def:126|
    |Dragon Claw|Dragon Dance|Earthquake|Brick Break|
    Using him for attack so I can Stab and take out the enemy's team quickly.

Zoroark:
    |Lv.55|Male|Hasty|Illusion|Griseous Orb|
    |Atk:143|Def:80|Spd:154|Sp. Atk:155|Sp. Def:90|
    |Shadow Ball|Toxic|Night Slash|Flamethrower|
    Using him mostly for speed.

Typhlosion:
    |52|Male|Sassy|Blaze|Razor Claw|
    |Atk:107|Def:104|Spd:116|Sp. Atk:137|Sp. Def:117|
    |Will-O-Wisp|ThunderPunch|Flamethrower|Earthquake|
    Using him because I feel like it.

Lucario:
    |44|Male|Brave|Steadfast|Wide Lens|
    |Atk:130|Def:71|Spd:85|Sp. Atk:107|Sp. Def:85|
    |Swords Dance|Brick Break|Heal Pulse|??????|
    Using him for Speed of course.
    Just for my own clarification, are the stats their actual values or are they what EVs are in them? :S

they`re actual stats

No offense, but this thread is pointless. It is vastly inactive.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

there has to be at least one person who can help me build my team ;_;
    Black 2 fc: 0176 0022 1991-Jorge
    credit to me

Quote Originally Posted by azeem40 View Post
    Think it's cause half the posts either want us to make the majority of the team for them or are just bleh. TUTOR PROGRAM. Wooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrocious View Post
    Think it's cause half the posts either want us to make the majority of the team for them or are just bleh. TUTOR PROGRAM. Wooooo.
    A tutor program would be great for those who don't have a Smogon account (I have one, but I can't seem to get the activation email). Maybe we can PM a mod about that?
    For trade:
    Legendaries- Shiny rash , Shiny relaxed , Sassy , , 2 (one docile, one lax), , , (DW event), , ,

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

Name: Nike
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    With enough skill, you can put any pokemon here

Ragnarok already said, no tutoring program, last time was a failure and there arn`t a lot of good people left here to tutor so stop asking for it, it wont happen

Quote Originally Posted by azeem40 View Post
    ...I suppose it is. I originally meant to be active on this, but I could never make it a habit.

I'll try and help with it more from now on. Though I'm not sure if I'll hold myself to it...

I haven't been here in a while...

Anyway, I'd made a great BW2 OU team, general offense and defence in mind. It worked fantiastically, but now Deoxys D is in Uber. So now I need a hazards and maybe a physical wall. I'll post the team, so you get a general idea.

Scizor@ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
    Trait: Technician
    - Bullet Punch
    - U- Turn
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower

Starmie@ Life Orb
    Timid Nature
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Rapid Spin
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam

Blissey@ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    - Softboiled
    - Aromatherapy
    - Seismic Toss
    - Thunder Wave

Lucario@ Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Trait: Justified
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Extremespeed
    - Ice Punch

Salamence@ Choice Scarf
    Naive Nature
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Trait: Moxie
    - Outrage
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fire Blast
    - Brick Break

Please help

Hey guys I'm trying to make a team for the upcoming VGC and came here because I'm trying to fill the last 2 slots on my team although it seems things haven't been very active on the thread... Anyways! I'm trying to construct a goodstuff team that also has an answer to rain teams, which seems to be all the rage these days, as well trick room. I mean, I can think of a few ideas such as Ludicolo or Ferrothorn, but I'm not sure how well they would work with my current team. Well without further adeu, here it is:

Latios@ Dragon Gem
    Timid Nature
    EVs: 4 HP / 4 Def / 248 SpA / 4 SpD / 248 Spe
    Ability: Levitate
    -Draco Meteor
    -Psychic
    -Tailwind
    -Protect

So Latios is here as my main special attacker and DG is there to get those KO's in. I threw on Tailwind to help boost my team's speed overall and to counter swift swim abusers to a degree. Truthfully though, I'm not sure if that's the best option or if my team could fit in a better Tailwind user. Its placement in my moveset is also dependent on what the last slots of my team looks like.

Hitmontop@ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
    Ability: Technician
    -Sucker Punch
    -Mach Punch
    -Fake Out
    -Wide Guard

Hitmontop is my priority/fighting type for the team. Fake out is here for obvious reasons and also to go up against trick room teams. I think he's got good synergy with Latios because he can take out those pesky dark and ice types. Wide guard is here to protect against spread moves. I'm still a little iffy on this guy. I'm not sure if I should go with another fighting type such as Terrakion.

Weavile@ Focus Sash
    Jolly Nature
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Ability: Pickpocket
    -Night Slash
    -Ice Punch
    -Taunt
    -Fake Out

So Weavile is my taunt user against trick room while also providing ice and dark coverage. Fake Out is here because the guy outspeeds any other Fake Out user. Also sending him out with Hitmontop creates good synergy and can double FO my opponent, breaking any sashes, although I can see them using Protect in this case.

Volcarona@ Charti Berry
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Ability Flamebody
    -Heat Wave
    -Bug Buzz
    -Protect
    -Hidden Power Ice

Volcarona is my fire and bug coverage. Heat Wave is there to hit both opponents provided hax doesn't hate me. The EV spread is there to maximize Sp Atk and Speed. The Charti Berry will hopefully let me survive a rock slide. Hitmontop can also take down opposing rock types, so there's another pair that works well together. Also, he's one of my favorite pokemon

And there you have it in a nutshell. There really isn't any grand overall strategy going on here seeing as it is a good stuffs team. Honestly, trick room and rain team just ripped previous team a new one on a Wifi tourney, so now I'm really trying to patch that up. With all this in mind, I still need 2 more teammates, and if you feel that my current choices could be replaced for something better let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
        Spoiler:- conserving space:
    So you only want one member, then?

When I think hazards and physical walling, Skarmory is the first thing that comes to mind. It makes a good teammate for Blissey, though SkarmBliss isn't what it used to be, I think you could still pull it off.

Usually, people don't use stealth rocks on Gliscor, but that could work as well. All it has to do to restore health safely is use protect, making it very, very durable.

And the final physical wall I can think of is Hippowdon. Gliscor may be a better option thanks to it's instant recovery, the hippo can call in a sandstorm to help check rain teams. This guy also gets phazing.

As far as nitpicking goes, you could swap Salamence's Brick Break for Rock Slide or Stone Edge. That guy is your only thing that can outrun +1 Volcarona, and it'd suck to face a burn. Otherwise, swap it for Earthquake. That hits steel and rock, and is also more damaging.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 17th March 2013 at 2:53 AM.

[/Spoil=please help]My pokemon team

Bronzong@ normal gem
    -200def 200 Sdef 110 hp
    Levitate
    -hypnosis
    -rain dance
    -stealth rock
    -explosion!
    My lead he makes the opponet sleep set up rocks and rain dance then switch out he can becomes a late game killer with explosion.

Gorebyss @ white herb
    Swift swim
    152 speed 152 def 200 hp
    -shell smash
    -batton pass
    -scald
    -confuse ray
    Gorebyss is a monster in speed with rain and 1 shell smash he first confuses the foe to cause auto damage then hit hard with scald hooe for burn to last longer and then baton pass ro my unstoppable physical sweeper

Scizor @ lum berry/ muscle band
    Technician
    100att 252sp 152hp
    -bullet punch
    -brick break
    - bug bite
    - quick attack?
    He is already a monster without any boosts but after shell smash from gorebyss he can be a apocolypse to some teams. He practically outspeeds everything and he can sweep with his wide range of moves

Garchomp@expert belt
    Sand veil(dot have access to rough skin)
    252 att 252 sp
    -stone edge
    -outrage
    -earthquake
    -fire fang?
    He is my revenge killer not sure for last slot but he covers a lit of types and hits others with neutral damage
    He is fast and strong so most dont stand a chance fire fang would be there for steel walls that have levitate( im looking at you bronzong)
    Umbreon@ leftovers
    Inner focus
    252 def 252 Sdef
    - moonlight
    -torment
    -pursuit
    - psychic
    This is mostly for scarf users i torment them forcing a switch then pursuit them causing good damage moonlight is to last longer and psychic for fighting types

Not sure for last poke :P[/spoil]
    Last edited by Jorge565; 17th March 2013 at 5:54 AM.
    Black 2 fc: 0176 0022 1991-Jorge
    credit to me

Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast