Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Building Help Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTitan837 View Post
    So, I am speculating on creating a team, and this is what I plan to have thus far:

Hydreigon
    Jolteon
    Gastrodon
    Dusknoir
    Heatran
    ???

I am curious as to what I should have as my sixth Pokemon. You see, I like to have complete diversity from typings on my team, so the sixth cannot be Fire, Steel, Ghost, Electric, Dragon, Dark, Water, or Ground. However, I do want an intimidating Pokemon that can a.) Cover some weaknesses of my team and b.) Be a tank.

Also, I was curious to if I should switch out Heatran with Infernape. They both seem good competitively, but despite me loving Infernape (my first evolved Pokemon), I like tanks. Therefore, I don't use him, despite wanting to.

tl;dr I want a physical tank who could fit my team well.
    I would recommend Gyarados, I realize you don't want a water type but Gyarados can rank physical hits, has a different group of weaknesses than Gastrodon, and has intimidate. There are no intimidating pokemon that are bulky and don't share a typing other than Hitmontop who isn't insanely bulky but kind if works I guess.

List of intimidators that don't share a type:

Arbok: it gives you another ground weakness and no useful resists that I can think of besides fighting
    Granbull: no useful resists and is just to slow for ou
    Masquerain: lol
    Stantler: not really bulky and doesn't hit hard
    Stoutland: gives you another fighting weakness which your team doesn't want, otherwise I would recommend him
    Taurus: same as stotland really

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    I would recommend Gyarados, I realize you don't want a water type but Gyarados can rank physical hits, has a different group of weaknesses than Gastrodon, and has intimidate. There are no intimidating pokemon that are bulky and don't share a typing other than Hitmontop who isn't insanely bulky but kind if works I guess.

List of intimidators that don't share a type:

Arbok: it gives you another ground weakness and no useful resists that I can think of besides fighting
    Granbull: no useful resists and is just to slow for ou
    Masquerain: lol
    Stantler: not really bulky and doesn't hit hard
    Stoutland: gives you another fighting weakness which your team doesn't want, otherwise I would recommend him
    Taurus: same as stotland really
    Eh, I think Gyarados might get KO'd too quickly in a battle.

I think I might just make it Hydreigon, Jolteon, Infernape, Gastrodon, Metagross, and Dusknoir.

That way, I can have special and physical sweepers (Jolteon and Infernape), a traplayer/tank (Dusknoir), and the rest would be tanks (Hydreigon (also a mixed attacker), Metagross, and Gastrodon). Now, the reason I'm responding is, do you see any type weaknesses to this team that I could possibly cover up w/ moves?

P.S I meant intimidating by general intimidation through appearance, not the ability

So, I am speculating on creating a team, and this is what I plan to have thus far:

Hydreigon
    Jolteon
    Gastrodon
    Dusknoir
    Heatran
    ???

I am curious as to what I should have as my sixth Pokemon. You see, I like to have complete diversity from typings on my team, so the sixth cannot be Fire, Steel, Ghost, Electric, Dragon, Dark, Water, or Ground. However, I do want an intimidating Pokemon that can a.) Cover some weaknesses of my team and b.) Be a tank.

Also, I was curious to if I should switch out Heatran with Infernape. They both seem good competitively, but despite me loving Infernape (my first evolved Pokemon), I like tanks. Therefore, I don't use him, despite wanting to. Although I could switch out Jolteon with something else...?

tl;dr I want a physical tank who could fit my team well.
    What about Poison Heal Gliscor? Solid physical tank, who is immune to ground so he covers Heatran and Jolteon pretty well. I'd typically prefer Heatran over Infernape, because, although Infernape is considerably faster, Heatran's got more power and some serious bulk to compensate, along with the immunity to Toxic (not a main selling point, but a nice perk nonetheless). Gliscor would also be able to stop most fighting types who Heatran and Hydreigon hate, as well.
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 27th March 2013 at 12:33 AM.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    What about Poison Heal Gliscor? Solid physical tank, who is immune to ground so he covers Heatran and Jolteon pretty well. I'd typically prefer Heatran over Infernape, because, although Infernape is considerably faster, Heatran's got more power and some serious bulk to compensate, along with the immunity to Toxic (not a main selling point, but a nice perk nonetheless). Gliscor would also be able to stop most fighting types who Heatran and Hydreigon hate, as well.
    I've considered Gliscor...and I initially threw the idea away. However, that does sound good. Do you think of ways I could counter the ice-weakness with him and Hydreigon, though? If so, I'll go for that and disregard my last post.

Eh, I think Gyarados might get KO'd too quickly in a battle.

I think I might just make it Hydreigon, Jolteon, Infernape, Gastrodon, Metagross, and Dusknoir.

That way, I can have special and physical sweepers (Jolteon and Infernape), a traplayer/tank (Dusknoir), and the rest would be tanks (Hydreigon (also a mixed attacker), Metagross, and Gastrodon). Now, the reason I'm responding is, do you see any type weaknesses to this team that I could possibly cover up w/ moves?

Ground typing looks like it may become an issue, especially something like Landorus who won't particularly mind Gastrodon switching in. I'd suggest some moves covering up that weakness. Also, opposing Gastrodon might be an issue, however this is a quick analysis I had with nothing really standing behind it besides the fact that you look kind of ground weak (even then it isn't that bad)

P.S I meant intimidating by general intimidation through appearance, not the ability
    Face palm, I though you meant the ability XD. I made a comment in bold, I would have to know more about your team to say much more. Make aRMT and VM me to rate it and I will.

Face palm, I though you meant the ability XD. I made a comment in bold, I would have to know more about your team to say much more. Make aRMT and VM me to rate it and I will.
    Heh, it's alright

By the way, KillerDraco made convinced me to use Gliscor, so the team would be Gliscor, Heatran, Gastrodon, Dusknoir, Jolteon, and Hydreigon. I know there's an Ice/Ground weakness to the team. Any ideas though on how to counter it?

Heh, it's alright

By the way, KillerDraco made convinced me to use Gliscor, so the team would be Gliscor, Heatran, Gastrodon, Dusknoir, Jolteon, and Hydreigon. I know there's an Ice/Ground weakness to the team. Any ideas though on how to counter it?
    Have you considered Conkeldurr? You could replace Jolteon (who isn't bulky) and this will add a status absorber, priority abuser, and something to take on ice types.

Have you considered Conkeldurr? You could replace Jolteon (who isn't bulky) and this will add a status absorber, priority abuser, and something to take on ice types.
    Hmm...decent stats, and in OU as well...

I may replace him with Dusknoir, though...but I'm not too sure.

I have finalised a few members for my Ubers Rain Trick Room team. Please....

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Quiet Nature
    - Water Spout
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam
    - Hydro Pump

Suicide 'Lead'
    Whimiscott @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
    Bold Nature
    - Taunt
    - Trick Room
    - Charm
    - Light Screen

I need explanations for this one. Although gimmicky looking, this makes Whimiscott a bit annoying. My first move will always be Taunt/Charm/Light Screen. Taunt is an auto usage for Darkrai. However, when I meet someone like, like a physical sweeper, I go for Charm, which forces a switch. Either that, or I'll run to Light Screen if the first mon is Kyogre. If they switch, Trick Room is used. If they don't, Trick room is also used, that's why it's called suicide lead

Here are some calcs:
    252 Sp.Atk Specs Kyogre Ice Beam vs 252 SDef/252 HP Whimiscott w/ Light Screen: 55.6%~66.0% - A 2HKO, but it gives me chance the following turn to setup.
    252 Atk Banded Blaziken Flare Blitz vs 252 HP Bold Whimiscott: 80.2%~95.1% - A 2HKO too. The main thing is that Blaziken won't be able to pull sun off by turn 1. So yeah...
    Standard Suppot Groudon Fire Blast vs 252 SDef/252 HP Whimiscott w/ Light Screen: 48.1%~56.8% - A 2HKO, 3HKO if I'm lucky. But yeah.

Anyways, more team members

Dialga @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
    Quiet Nature
    - Thunder
    - Trick Room
    - Draco Meteor
    - Aura Sphere

And finally, my clean-upper, revenge killer...

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
    Adamant Nature
    - Sword Dance
    - Extremespeed
    - Earthquake
    - Shadow Claw

Thoughts?

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    I have finalised a few members for my Ubers Rain Trick Room team. Please....

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Quiet Nature
    - Water Spout
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam
    - Hydro Pump

Suicide 'Lead'
    Whimiscott @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
    Bold Nature
    - Taunt
    - Trick Room
    - Charm
    - Light Screen

I need explanations for this one. Although gimmicky looking, this makes Whimiscott a bit annoying. My first move will always be Taunt/Charm/Light Screen. Taunt is an auto usage for Darkrai. However, when I meet someone like, like a physical sweeper, I go for Charm, which forces a switch. Either that, or I'll run to Light Screen if the first mon is Kyogre. If they switch, Trick Room is used. If they don't, Trick room is also used, that's why it's called suicide lead

Here are some calcs:
    252 Sp.Atk Specs Kyogre Ice Beam vs 252 SDef/252 HP Whimiscott w/ Light Screen: 55.6%~66.0% - A 2HKO, but it gives me chance the following turn to setup.
    252 Atk Banded Blaziken Flare Blitz vs 252 HP Bold Whimiscott: 80.2%~95.1% - A 2HKO too. The main thing is that Blaziken won't be able to pull sun off by turn 1. So yeah...
    Standard Suppot Groudon Fire Blast vs 252 SDef/252 HP Whimiscott w/ Light Screen: 48.1%~56.8% - A 2HKO, 3HKO if I'm lucky. But yeah.

Anyways, more team members

Dialga @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
    Quiet Nature
    - Thunder
    - Trick Room
    - Draco Meteor
    - Aura Sphere

And finally, my clean-upper, revenge killer...

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
    Adamant Nature
    - Sword Dance
    - Extremespeed
    - Earthquake
    - Shadow Claw

Thoughts?
    Not bad. You may want to add someone to take the Fighting type attacks, like Lugia or Giratina, and possibly another physical 'mon. Also, are you at all worried about hazards? While those won't pose as a direct problem, neither your Arceus nor Kyogre will enjoy Toxic Spikes or anything like that. You may also want your own, so consider Tentacruel if you want for better stall or something, or Ferro for a straight up wall. If you pick Ferro, you'll definitely want Lugia or Giratina.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Not bad. You may want to add someone to take the Fighting type attacks, like Lugia or Giratina, and possibly another physical 'mon. Also, are you at all worried about hazards? While those won't pose as a direct problem, neither your Arceus nor Kyogre will enjoy Toxic Spikes or anything like that. You may also want your own, so consider Tentacruel if you want for better stall or something, or Ferro for a straight up wall. If you pick Ferro, you'll definitely want Lugia or Giratina.
    Toxic Spikes does seem like a potentially huge problem, you're right. Maybe I should add Xatu and Giratina-O? I don't want this team to be too stall oriented. Then again, I wouldn't be able to set up hazards. Man... Anyways, how does this look so far?

Xatu @ Light Clay
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Relaxed Nature
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect
    - Trick Room
    - Night Shade

And

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 128 Atk / 128 HP
    Brave Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Tail

I'm starting to be concerned that this team could be potentially Ferrothorn weak? What are your thoughts guys.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I replied to your previous post about your TR Ubers team. Dunno if you've seen it....

Anyways, good team. Giratina-O is a good addition to your team, but I dunno about xatu...

Looking at those calcs against whim, I was wondering if you had in mind that they switch in to you the first turn? Because if it's Kyogre vs Whim the first turn and Whim sets up Light screen and Kyogre Ice beams, then the second turn you'll be KO'd before setting up TR due to the negative priority of TR. So what did you have in mind?

In rain, Tentacruel is actually a rather good Ferro counter, while also being able to set up toxic spikes. I myself used an
    bulky Excadrill on my rain team and it would help out your team really well. You still needed a Dragon resist, rapid spin user, and ferro counter. Ferro can't paralyse Exca and Exca can set up on it with Swords Dance. I used the first listed set on Smogon, if you're interested in using it. Exca can even set up SR which you lack atm. Oh, and it works well in TR too.

So in the end I would add Giratina-O and Excadrill to the team you posted before, with Exca over Xatu. GL with the team!
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by jorge565 View Post
        Spoiler:- please help:

A good compliment to the needs of this team would be a DW Politoed to keep infinite rain in play, but if you don't have access to that you could always run a Cofagrigus to sponge-stall the other team.

Physical Toed
    Drizzle - Chesto Berry - Jolly 252 HP / 252 Speed
    Rest
    Belly Drum
    Waterfall
    Ice Punch

ChestoRest Toed with Belly Drum is meant to be more a scout/scare tactic than a sweeper, though it *can* be used that way. Belly Drum the first turn, Rest the next, then proceed to fire off Waterfall and Ice Punch as you see fit. Very few people will see this coming.

Defensive Toed
    Drizzle - Leftovers/Sitrus Berry/Lum Berry - Bold 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Sp Def
    Encore
    Perish Song
    Protect
    Scald

This form of Politoed is probably the most commonly used, and is quite the pain in the ***. Protect to scout out their moves, Encore to lock in entry hazard/set up moves, Perish Song to either force a switch or kill off their last poke in probably one of the cheapest ways possible, and Scald to alleviate taunt bait.

Scarf Toed
    Drizzle - Choice Scarf - Timid 252 Sp Atk / 252 Speed
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Focus Blast
    HP Electric or HP Ground

Hit n run basically. The more you switch, the more you can cancel out your opponent's weather (if they have any).

Cofagrigus
    Calm - Leftovers - Calm 252 HP / 252 Sp Def
    Will-o-Wisp
    Shadow Ball
    Sleep Talk/Haze
    Rest/Pain Split

Since king tutankhamen here has that massive 145 Base Defense (min 293, Max 427) you wont need to invest anything towards Def, but that meager 58 Base HP and decent 105 base Sp def need some love or he's going to die rather quickly to moves such as Dark Pulse or Shadow Ball. WoW + SB is a common place combo for Ghost types, especially bulky ones, RestTalk gives you a somewhat reliable healing while still allowing you to use your moves or you could go with Pain Split and Haze to f*** over your opponents sweepers that rely on boosting moves. Unfortunately, your only two recovery options are Rest and Pain Split, so you're stuck with those until they give him something better.

Total: 575 W/285 L

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Spoiler:- Examples of my work:

Quote Originally Posted by Rasati
    "Run away? We could have ran away at any time we wanted, but would we find true freedom if we ran away from our problems? We may succeed in a temporary escape, but unless we grasp true victory by fighting we'd live in constant fear that our freedom might be taken again. It's meaningless unless freedom is earned through winning battles."

Hey, so i was wanting to build a team around a Durant with Truant, yes i know its gimmicky but i had it played against me and it worked well so i wanted to give it a try.

Durant@Focus Sash
    Truant
    Jolly
    252Spe/252HP/4SpD
    -Entrainment
    -Iron head
    -X-Scissor
    -Toxic

So this would be the main focus of the team. Obviously entrainment is the main move here as it gives truant to my opponents so i can bring in the next two guys. The other moves are for when my trappers are down so i have two STABs and Toxic for more annoying. The item means that i can hit with entrainment at least once and the nature + EVs mean that i can hopefully hit first and with reasonable bulk as well so it can give more pokes truant.

Dugtrio@Focus Sash
    Arena Trap
    Jolly
    252Spe/252Atk/4HP
    -Protect
    -Hone Claws
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge

This is my first trapper to trap those now with truant as an ability. Protect protects when the opponent can move and Hone Claws can boost my stats when i have a free turn. I then have EQuake as a strong STAB and Stone Edge for amazing coverage and now it is accurate as well. Hopefully after truant trapping these boosts can mean these moves allow Dugtrio to sweep through teams with extra power and speed from nature + EVs and the safety net of Sash.

Gothitelle@Focus Sash
    Shadow Tag
    Timid
    252Spe/252SpA/4HP
    -Protect
    -Cal Mind
    -Psyshock/Psychic
    -Signal Beam
    Works in a very similar way to Duggy, trappng, setting up and sweeping. Psyshock/Psychic is epic STAB after fully Calming my Mind and Signal Beam lets me hit the Darks that Aren't hit by my STAB. Nature + EVs are for sweeping.

So that is what i have so far, pretty standard really but i'm stuck for what next. Any help would be welcome
    Everything seems normal, with Joe and Adam venturing on their quest through Kanto, but what is the mysterious Team Storm planning?

Pokemon: Kanto Legends

Come on the Mighty Infernape!

Quote Originally Posted by infernape100 View Post
    Hey, so i was wanting to build a team around a Durant with Truant, yes i know its gimmicky but i had it played against me and it worked well so i wanted to give it a try.

Durant@Focus Sash
    Truant
    Jolly
    252Spe/252HP/4SpD
    -Entrainment
    -Iron head
    -X-Scissor
    -Toxic

So this would be the main focus of the team. Obviously entrainment is the main move here as it gives truant to my opponents so i can bring in the next two guys. The other moves are for when my trappers are down so i have two STABs and Toxic for more annoying. The item means that i can hit with entrainment at least once and the nature + EVs mean that i can hopefully hit first and with reasonable bulk as well so it can give more pokes truant.

Dugtrio@Focus Sash
    Arena Trap
    Jolly
    252Spe/252Atk/4HP
    -Protect
    -Hone Claws
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge

This is my first trapper to trap those now with truant as an ability. Protect protects when the opponent can move and Hone Claws can boost my stats when i have a free turn. I then have EQuake as a strong STAB and Stone Edge for amazing coverage and now it is accurate as well. Hopefully after truant trapping these boosts can mean these moves allow Dugtrio to sweep through teams with extra power and speed from nature + EVs and the safety net of Sash.

Gothitelle@Focus Sash
    Shadow Tag
    Timid
    252Spe/252SpA/4HP
    -Protect
    -Cal Mind
    -Psyshock/Psychic
    -Signal Beam
    Works in a very similar way to Duggy, trappng, setting up and sweeping. Psyshock/Psychic is epic STAB after fully Calming my Mind and Signal Beam lets me hit the Darks that Aren't hit by my STAB. Nature + EVs are for sweeping.

So that is what i have so far, pretty standard really but i'm stuck for what next. Any help would be welcome
    With all of those sashes you are definitely going to want a spinner and possibly some hazards of your own. Tentacruel seems like a nice addition to your team, another way you could abuse the traunt turn is with a set up sweeper who can switch in and lol, set up. Dual dance Terrakion is nice for this. Lastly, a hazard setter, I would recommend Ferro as he can get all types of hazards up. Though I'm sure you could use plenty of other mons, these are just the first that came to my mind (if anyone has better suggestions please supply him with some)

For sandstorm teams, what would be the best bulky water types to use? Sorry that this is pretty short, I'm just trying to figure out for my team. If anyone's interested in helping me, I've got a more indepth analysis on my thread here.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    For sandstorm teams, what would be the best bulky water types to use? Sorry that this is pretty short, I'm just trying to figure out for my team. If anyone's interested in helping me, I've got a more indepth analysis on my thread here.
    Have you tried Gastrodon or Jellicent? They are both great for facing rain teams and can absorb water moves aimed at your other members

Have you tried Gastrodon or Jellicent? They are both great for facing rain teams and can absorb water moves aimed at your other members
    I'm considering Gastrodon, as it'll be able to survive sandstorms and also use storm drain effectively. I don't really like using slow pokemon, but Gastrodon's always a possibility. I'll check out some of it's movepools and see whether it can do well on my team. Thanks for the suggestion

EDIT: Actually, looking at Gastrodon's and Slowbro's base speeds, I'm not considering it. I might either stick with Suicune, or go for either Rotom-W or a pokemon that could benefit from enemy rain teams like dry skin Toxicroak.
    Last edited by I-am-the-peel; 30th March 2013 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Doubts
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Spoiler:- One-man team:

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    I would suggest a Liquid Ooze or Rain Dish Tentacruel, preferably the former. Water teams are bound to have a seeder on them, so having a Liquid Ooze Tentacruel on your team can prove to be invaluable. A water team is also bound to have Gastrodon on it, which (my) tentacruel laughs at maniacally regardless of his own typing.

Bold 252 HP / 252 Def
    Black Sludge
    Scald
    Ice Beam
    Rapid Spin
    Giga Drain

Unboosted 31 IV / 0 EV Sp Atk Giga Drain 2HKO's the most commonly run Gastrodon. Add that to you getting your HP back from Black Sludge and he falls rather easily to Tentacruel. As an added plus, you now have a Rapid Spinner on your team as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow de Viridian Grove View Post
        Spoiler:- One-man team:
    The standard AgiliGross set covers 2 of Breloom's weaknesses, leaving only fire to be walled by Multiscale Dragonite.

Spoiler:- Metagross @Life Orb:

Spoiler:- Dragonite @Leftovers:

**Note** Safeguard prevents confusion at the end of Outrage, which will KO a fair amount of common switches to wall Dragonite @ > +2. Fire Punch is a nice option to hit pokemon like Scizor or Ferrothorn. Extreme speed is also a viable option if running Outrage + Safegaurd, allowing you to break Sturdy and Focus Sash as well as evading Ice Shard from pokemon like Mamoswine or Weavile. Leftovers in combination with Roost is there to keep Multiscale in play while you set up.

Keldeo makes a good set up sweeper, but he can also abuse scarf if need-be. As an added bonus, he resists Ice alongside Metagross and gives you another switching option if Breloom or Dragonite happen to be in a bind they can't get out of. You can run him one of 3 ways: Choiced, Calm Mind sweeper, or Mixed attacker.

Spoiler:- @Choice Scarf:

Spoiler:- Calm Mind Sweeper @Leftovers/Life Orb:

Spoiler:- Mixed Attacker @Leftovers/Life Orb:

**Note** Keldeo is probably one of the very few special attack oriented water types without access to Ice Beam, which can be somewhat remedied by running either HP Ice or a mixed attacker set with Stone Edge to cover the few dragon/flying and water/flying that commonly resist water type attacks. Hydro pump is only a viable option over surf in the rain or under Gravity imo, where it's accuracy isn't so unreliable. Secret Sword is always ran on Keldeo because it hit's physically, but you can swap that out for Focus Blast on the mixed set if you really wanted to.

Spoiler:- Gengar @Choice Scarf:

With a base 130 special attack and 110 speed, Gengar would be somewhat formidable still if he wasn't outsped by every Jack and Jill with choice scarf (yes I'm talking about you Hydregion and Kyurem-B >.>). Therefore fighting fire with fire seems to tone down the out-speeding a bit and allow you to abuse that massive special attack for a nice Stab Shadow ball or a SE hit on unsuspecting victims.

For your last slot I'd recommend a cleric to keep your other 5 choices alive and well. The first pokemon that comes to mind would be to run a standard bold natured Blissey, but not having access to wish limits you to only being able to heal status from your team. Vaporeon and Alomonlola come to mind, but if their defenses were higher it might be worth adding another elc and grass weakness to your team. So the only thing that really comes to mind is a Burn Support-Cleric hybrid set on Gardevoir.

Spoiler:- Gardevoir @Leftovers:

This was a set I used to run on Gardevoir before I started running Evolite Misdreavous in NU. The point of the set is obviously to heal your party and/or pass burns to the other guy along the way. Psyshock keeps you from being complete Taunt bait, while having Protect allows you to burn stall your opponent. She's a bit faster and hits a lot harder than aforementioned choices, but is not as bulky as they in terms of HPef:Sp Def ratio. You can go with either Trace or Synchronize, but the former would be funnier and more useful. Play her smart and gardevoir can hold her own in OU against some of the less common teams.

"Run away? We could have ran away at any time we wanted, but would we find true freedom if we ran away from our problems? We may succeed in a temporary escape, but unless we grasp true victory by fighting we'd live in constant fear that our freedom might be taken again. It's meaningless unless freedom is earned through winning battles."

Quote Originally Posted by James the Gambler View Post
    The standard AgiliGross set covers 2 of Breloom's weaknesses, leaving only fire to be walled by Multiscale Dragonite.

Spoiler:- Metagross @Life Orb:

I don't particularly enjoy using Metagross as it not as reliable as it was last gen and it is pretty hard walled by Skarm, who walls Breloom pretty well too, as well as DNite.

Spoiler:- Dragonite @Leftovers:

**Note** Safeguard prevents confusion at the end of Outrage, which will KO a fair amount of common switches to wall Dragonite @ > +2. Fire Punch is a nice option to hit pokemon like Scizor or Ferrothorn. Extreme speed is also a viable option if running Outrage + Safegaurd, allowing you to break Sturdy and Focus Sash as well as evading Ice Shard from pokemon like Mamoswine or Weavile. Leftovers in combination with Roost is there to keep Multiscale in play while you set up.

I'll get DNite when I get to Gengar.

Keldeo makes a good set up sweeper, but he can also abuse scarf if need-be. As an added bonus, he resists Ice alongside Metagross and gives you another switching option if Breloom or Dragonite happen to be in a bind they can't get out of. You can run him one of 3 ways: Choiced, Calm Mind sweeper, or Mixed attacker.

Spoiler:- @Choice Scarf:

Spoiler:- Calm Mind Sweeper @Leftovers/Life Orb:

Spoiler:- Mixed Attacker @Leftovers/Life Orb:

**Note** Keldeo is probably one of the very few special attack oriented water types without access to Ice Beam, which can be somewhat remedied by running either HP Ice or a mixed attacker set with Stone Edge to cover the few dragon/flying and water/flying that commonly resist water type attacks. Hydro pump is only a viable option over surf in the rain or under Gravity imo, where it's accuracy isn't so unreliable. Secret Sword is always ran on Keldeo because it hit's physically, but you can swap that out for Focus Blast on the mixed set if you really wanted to.

I think I might try a Sub+3 attacks set or a CM+3 attacks set. However, Breloom can take out Jellicent and Latios pretty easily.

Spoiler:- Gengar @Choice Scarf:

With a base 130 special attack and 110 speed, Gengar would be somewhat formidable still if he wasn't outsped by every Jack and Jill with choice scarf (yes I'm talking about you Hydregion and Kyurem-B >.>). Therefore fighting fire with fire seems to tone down the out-speeding a bit and allow you to abuse that massive special attack for a nice Stab Shadow ball or a SE hit on unsuspecting victims.

I think I'm going to wrap DNite and Gengar together and use Scarfed Latios. It has been amazing so far and I am just like using it recently.

For your last slot I'd recommend a cleric to keep your other 5 choices alive and well. The first pokemon that comes to mind would be to run a standard bold natured Blissey, but not having access to wish limits you to only being able to heal status from your team. Vaporeon and Alomonlola come to mind, but if their defenses were higher it might be worth adding another elc and grass weakness to your team. So the only thing that really comes to mind is a Burn Support-Cleric hybrid set on Gardevoir.

Spoiler:- Gardevoir @Leftovers:

This was a set I used to run on Gardevoir before I started running Evolite Misdreavous in NU. The point of the set is obviously to heal your party and/or pass burns to the other guy along the way. Psyshock keeps you from being complete Taunt bait, while having Protect allows you to burn stall your opponent. She's a bit faster and hits a lot harder than aforementioned choices, but is not as bulky as they in terms of HPef:Sp Def ratio. You can go with either Trace or Synchronize, but the former would be funnier and more useful. Play her smart and gardevoir can hold her own in OU against some of the less common teams.

I think a cleric would be nice. I'm not sure who to use, as Gardevior would be nice, but I'd have to test it first...
    I think so far the team is this:
    Scarfed Latios
    Banded Breloom
    Something+3 attacks Keldeo
    SR Heatran (Offensive)

Heatran gives me SR and a Fire/Water/Grass core and scares off Skarm and Celebi w/o EPower.

I think so far the team is this:
    Scarfed Latios I've ran into a lot of this this morning. It works pretty well, but seems to be stopped too easily.
    Banded Breloom
    Something+3 attacks Keldeo I'd run Calm Mind over Substitute since Keldeo's low hp makes his subs easy to break.
    SR Heatran (Offensive)

Heatran gives me SR and a Fire/Water/Grass core and scares off Skarm and Celebi w/o EPower. Air balloon will scare them off all together, with or without EP. Especially if you consider that usually just one Fire Blast OHKO's Skarm (and probably non sp def celebi too).
    Gardevoir works good, but Choiced Latios with trick throws a monkey wrench in your plans. She can take special hits like a boss, but that's about it (took 3 consecutive Draco Meteors from Choiced Lati to kill her xD )

I probably got about 20 wins, 10 losses, and 30 or more rage quits (other person) off of the team i drew up for you this morning. Apparently once Dnite gets set up people realize they have nothing for him xD i even got a few OHKOs and 2HKOs on Skarmory on +2 or higher DNite with outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by James the Gambler View Post
    Gardevoir works good, but Choiced Latios with trick throws a monkey wrench in your plans. She can take special hits like a boss, but that's about it (took 3 consecutive Draco Meteors from Choiced Lati to kill her xD )

I probably got about 20 wins, 10 losses, and 30 or more rage quits (other person) off of the team i drew up for you this morning. Apparently once Dnite gets set up people realize they have nothing for him xD i even got a few OHKOs and 2HKOs on Skarmory on +2 or higher DNite with outrage.
    Glad it worked out. I'm still not sure about DNite and Metagross. Sure Dnite can eventually 2HKO Skarm with Outrage, but if the opponent let you set up to +2 with a Skarm still alive, then they're doing something wrong. I am pretty sure I''m not going to use Metagross. I just don't think it has what I'm looking for. However, Hammar Arm might be fun depending on how much it does when Skarm uses Roost.

I'm definitely using CM Keldeo

BalloonTran is only when its balloon is in tact and since this team will be more like bulky offense, I'm sure it will have to switch into thing, so I'm thinking leftovers. Plus, Latios handles non-TWave Celebi and Tran can handle TWave Celebi.

EDIT:

Spoiler:- So far, this is the team. I still need 2 more members:
    Last edited by Hakallowin; 5th April 2013 at 7:28 PM.

@ yellow; have you considered TTAR?

Glad it worked out. I'm still not sure about DNite and Metagross. Sure Dnite can eventually 2HKO Skarm with Outrage, but if the opponent let you set up to +2 with a Skarm still alive, then they're doing something wrong. I am pretty sure I''m not going to use Metagross. I just don't think it has what I'm looking for. However, Hammar Arm might be fun depending on how much it does when Skarm uses Roost.

I'm definitely using CM Keldeo

BalloonTran is only when its balloon is in tact and since this team will be more like bulky offense, I'm sure it will have to switch into thing, so I'm thinking leftovers. Plus, Latios handles non-TWave Celebi and Tran can handle TWave Celebi.

EDIT:

Spoiler:- So far, this is the team. I still need 2 more members:
    How about you use something like U-Turn Landorus?

Landorus @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sheer Force
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Naive Nature
    - U-Turn
    - Earth Power
    - Focus Blast
    - HP Ice

U-Turn means that Celebi is no longer a safe check to landorus, and helps with Breloom's weakness to Celebi and Latias.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast