Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Team Building Help Thread

I'll try it because its interesting but move set please I'm also thinking lose jelly (to boring).

Bronzog @light clay
    Evs???
    Ability:levitate
    Nature neutral
    Moves
    -reflect
    -light screen
    -earthquake
    -focus blast
    Well my team is a bit sweepish so barriers could be helpfull.

Maybe this is an idea as well

Skarmory
    Ability:???
    Evs???
    Moves
    -Spikes
    -drill peck
    -whirlwind
    -roost
    Simple spikes+whirlwind coverage.

Also replace breloom with scizor

Scizor @choise band(I don't like 'choise' items but its helpful)
    Ability:technician
    Evs:252spd 120spdef 28def 200atk
    Moves:
    Bullet punch
    Pursuit
    U-turn
    Super power
    So tech. Stab priority pulley punch tech. Or switch power for pursuit u-turn scout and super power steels also
    Turn one

Victiniepicness sends out Chandelure
    Other guy sends out cofragius

Victiniepicness swaps chandelure for scizor
    Other guys cofragius uses shadow ball scizor takes barely any damage

Turn 2

Other guy swaps cofragius for magmortar
    Victiniepicness' scizor uses pursuit cofragius takes 54% damage

Turn 3
    Victiniepicness' scizor uses u-turn other guys magmortar takes 17% damage then scizor swaps to chandelure
    Other guys magmortar uses over heat chandelure takes flash fire boost and no damage

Turn 3
    Chandelure sweeps the battle away you win.

PS dusknoir can easily take 4 earthquakes from a non-ground pokemon and 3 from a pokemon like excadrill
    PPS that false battle is without choice band
    PPPS with those three pokemon i have it's a good team (2 sweepers 2 tanks 1 scouter 1 wall/hasards)
    PPPPS I'm keeping heat wave on chandelure (it's like the spatk version of earthquake)
    Last edited by Victiniepicness; 21st May 2013 at 9:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Victiniepicness View Post
    I'll try it because its interesting but move set please I'm also thinking lose jelly (to boring).

Bronzog @light clay
    Evs???
    Ability:levitate
    Nature neutral
    Moves
    -reflect
    -light screen
    -earthquake
    -focus blast
    Well my team is a bit sweepish so barriers could be helpfull.

Maybe this is an idea as well

Skarmory
    Ability:???
    Evs???
    Moves
    -Spikes
    -drill peck
    -whirlwind
    -roost
    Simple spikes+whirlwind coverage.

Also replace breloom with scizor

Scizor @choise band(I don't like 'choise' items but its helpful)
    Ability:technician
    Evs:252spd 120spdef 28def 200atk
    Moves:
    Bullet punch
    Pursuit
    U-turn
    Super power
    So tech. Stab priority pulley punch tech. Or switch power for pursuit u-turn scout and super power steels also
    Turn one

Victiniepicness sends out Chandelure
    Other guy sends out cofragius

Victiniepicness swaps chandelure for scizor
    Other guys cofragius uses shadow ball scizor takes barely any damage

Turn 2

Other guy swaps cofragius for magmortar
    Victiniepicness' scizor uses pursuit cofragius takes 54% damage

Turn 3
    Victiniepicness' scizor uses u-turn other guys magmortar takes 17% damage then scizor swaps to chandelure
    Other guys magmortar uses over heat chandelure takes flash fire boost and no damage

Turn 3
    Chandelure sweeps the battle away you win.

PS dusknoir can easily take 4 earthquakes from a non-ground pokemon and 3 from a pokemon like excadrill
    PPS that false battle is without choice band
    PPPS with those three pokemon i have it's a good team (2 sweepers 2 tanks 1 scouter 1 wall/hasards)
    PPPPS I'm keeping heat wave on chandelure (it's like the spatk version of earthquake)

You seem to have an idea of what your doing but the Pokemon you seem to expect in ou are incredibly... Rare.... Also if you expect Chandelure to sweep a lot of teams after a flash fire boost you will probably be in for a very rude awakening. While your team seemed solid at first, I think you should learn a bit more of the tier before pushing onward to much

I'm not against creativity, I find myself using non ou pokes all the time, it's just I feel like you need to know the tier a little better is all

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    You seem to have an idea of what your doing but the Pokemon you seem to expect in ou are incredibly... Rare.... Also if you expect Chandelure to sweep a lot of teams after a flash fire boost you will probably be in for a very rude awakening. While your team seemed solid at first, I think you should learn a bit more of the tier before pushing onward to much

I'm not against creativity, I find myself using non ou pokes all the time, it's just I feel like you need to know the tier a little better is all
    Well I am not using tiers just wifi battling.
    team checkup (where I give my pokes a rating) says bye to chandelure and jellicent bye
    Well I say hi to

dragonite @leftovers
    EVs: 252 atk 252 spd 4 hp
    Nature atk+ spatk-
    Moves:
    Ability:multiscale
    -dragon dance
    -fire punch
    -dragon claw
    -roost
    Well dragon dance and don't mind when your health goes down because multiscale
    4x damage turns into 2x
    2x-1x
    1x-0.5
    0.5-0.25
    0.25-0.13
    So don't be afraid to dragon dance and then sweep and restore with roost+leftovers

And scizor moveset mentioned in post 826

So now I want a bulky water maybe blastoise or something like that with moveset

Or I'd like a stealth/spikes pokemon
    Last edited by Victiniepicness; 23rd May 2013 at 4:21 PM.

So, I'm having trouble finishing up a Wi-Fi OU Doubles team. I'm planning to use an offensive team with Tailwind support, and would like some help simply on deciding on my final team member. I'll take other considerations, but my focus here is to complete the team itself and testing it before creating a RMT. So far, this is what I have:

Spoiler:- Team so far:

So yeah, that's my team so far. It's nearly done, but I can't fill in that last gap to complete my team. I feel that another physically oriented Pokemon would help, but I'm lost as to what will help me round out this team best. Ideally, I'm looking for something to help with major threats, as well as patch up blatant weaknesses on my team, but I'm finding it too tough to find something to fill that role.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    So, I'm having trouble finishing up a Wi-Fi OU Doubles team. I'm planning to use an offensive team with Tailwind support, and would like some help simply on deciding on my final team member. I'll take other considerations, but my focus here is to complete the team itself and testing it before creating a RMT. So far, this is what I have:

Spoiler:- Team so far:

So yeah, that's my team so far. It's nearly done, but I can't fill in that last gap to complete my team. I feel that another physically oriented Pokemon would help, but I'm lost as to what will help me round out this team best. Ideally, I'm looking for something to help with major threats, as well as patch up blatant weaknesses on my team, but I'm finding it too tough to find something to fill that role.
    I see that you have a pretty big ice weakness, so you could try an offensive steel type like Metagross or Scizor.

Metagross@Normal Gem/Occa berry
    Adamant nature
    252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
    Meteor mash
    Bullet punch
    Earthquake/ Zen headbutt
    Protect/Explosion

Metagross is pretty good because of its great bulk, and a cool ability in Clear Body, which prevents intimidate from reducing its attack. Meteor Mash is STAB, Bullet punch is a good priority move, earthquake gives it coverage against many types, and Explosion can be used when you're at low health, to go off with a bang. If you don't want to use Explosion, protect is an alternative, and you should use an Occa berry instead.

Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    I see that you have a pretty big ice weakness, so you could try an offensive steel type like Metagross or Scizor.

Metagross@Normal Gem/Occa berry
    Adamant nature
    252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
    Meteor mash
    Bullet punch
    Earthquake/ Zen headbutt
    Protect/Explosion

Metagross is pretty good because of its great bulk, and a cool ability in Clear Body, which prevents intimidate from reducing its attack. Meteor Mash is STAB, Bullet punch is a good priority move, earthquake gives it coverage against many types, and Explosion can be used when you're at low health, to go off with a bang. If you don't want to use Explosion, protect is an alternative, and you should use an Occa berry instead.
    Hm...even though Whimsicott's not going to be out for very long, you've got a point. Metagross definitely helps out, and works wonderfully with most of my team, especially Latios. Clear Body is also a great help to me, and Metagross would love the speed boost from Tailwind. I'll give it a shot, especially since I already have a Metagross EV'ed in that exact manner. Thanks for the help!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

just found out togekiss cant quite learn what i had in mind so i'll take this off and rethink the strategy
    Last edited by Galvazar; 29th May 2013 at 5:57 AM.
    i prefer single battles no launcher,no uber legendaries. i follow wifi tournament restrictions

FC
    0089-8787-6056

Could anyone recommend me a good moveset for Skitty? I know she (or occasionally he) is not the best Pokemon, but I'm just playing casually.

Quote Originally Posted by Scootaloo View Post
    Could anyone recommend me a good moveset for Skitty? I know she (or occasionally he) is not the best Pokemon, but I'm just playing casually.
    You might have better luck here, since it's about individual Pokemon as opposed to team building in this thread.

But no good moveset exists for Skitty, because Skitty is terrible. Even evolved into a Delcatty it has no worthwhile niches. It's also a little ironic to ask for casual advice in the competitive section, no?
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I don't really know how tiers work but I want to start with:

Lucario: Modest
    Life Orb or Expert Belt
    EVs: SpAtt=252 Spe=252 HP=4
    Moveset:
    Calm Mind - Self-explainatory
    Aura Sphere - For ground types again and it never misses, bonus
    Dragon Pulse - Nice move for against drangons
    Hidden Power (Water) - To take out his fire and ground opponents

and

Tyranitar: Adamant
    Chesto Berry
    EVs: Att=4 Def=252 SpDef=252
    Moveset:
    Rest - Regain health + Chesto Berry wakes him
    Aerial Ace - Eliminates most of his weaknesses
    Stealth Rocks - Obviously needed in a team
    Toxic or another status inflicting move

I was thinking about using a Garchomp, Ninetales(w/ Drought as a surprise), Sceptile and Metagross.

Any sugestions and/or changes for this? Possibly PM me for help as well if not too much
    Last edited by Zoroark1998; 1st June 2013 at 5:52 PM.
    Click on the Pic!! Ha ha ha, it rhymes!!

Credit to Pkmnfn

I'm working on my very first team, but I'm having a bit of trouble finalizing/fine tuning it. Here

is what I have so far:

Spoiler:- Team So Far:

I have no idea what to put for the last pokemon. I've been debating between an annoyer or maybe a healer type. I'm completely open to suggestions. I should also point out, I am clueless when it comes to "tiers." This seems to vary by what sites I look at, and there doesn't seem to be any "official" tier system.

Default New Team on Black 2!

Hi everyone im new on serebii and i needed advice on my black 2 team. PLease help!

Torterra(Male) Brave: 252 ATK/6 Sp.A/ 252 SPD Physical Sweeper
    Should i use him as a wall?
    Rock Slide- Ice coverage, as well as the common flying type.
    Earthquake- Fire coverage, STAB
    Swords Dance- Boost yer ATK!!
    Wood Hammer- Nice grass STAB

Charizard(Female) Bold: 128 ATK/128 Sp.A/252 SPD Mixed sweeper
    Thunderpunch- Water weakness
    SolarBeam- Ground, Grass coverage
    Fly- STAB, useful out of battle
    Flamethrower- STAB fire

Samurott(Female)Modest: 128ATK/128 Sp.A/ 252 Spd MIxed Sweeper
    Surf- Great STAB
    Megahorn- Grass coverage, awesome move
    Earthquake- Electric coverage
    Swords Dance- Get something out of earthquake and m-horn

Dialga(Genderless)Lonely: 252HP/128 Def./128 Sp.D/
    Flash Cannon- STAB
    Substitute- Covers Bulk Up
    Bulk Up- Helps attacks
    Roar Of Time- Dialga isnt a Pok?mon without this!

Froslass(Female) Modest 128 ATK/ 252 Sp.A/ 252 SPD

Substitute- Set up a destiny bond
    Destiny Bond- A classic Ghost move
    Ice Beam- Ice STAB
    Shadow Ball- STAB

Tyranitar(Male) Modest 252 HP/ 252 Sp.Def

Iron Defense- Makes up reg DEF.
    Substitute- Set up iron defense
    Dark Pulse- Back up STAB
    Earthquake Back up power

THanks guys let me know what you think!

Quote Originally Posted by darthblastoise View Post
    Hi everyone im new on serebii and i needed advice on my black 2 team. PLease help!

Torterra(Male) Brave: 252 ATK/6 Sp.A/ 252 SPD Physical Sweeper
    Should i use him as a wall?
    Rock Slide- Ice coverage, as well as the common flying type.
    Earthquake- Fire coverage, STAB
    Swords Dance- Boost yer ATK!!
    Wood Hammer- Nice grass STAB

Charizard(Female) Bold: 128 ATK/128 Sp.A/252 SPD Mixed sweeper
    Thunderpunch- Water weakness
    SolarBeam- Ground, Grass coverage
    Fly- STAB, useful out of battle
    Flamethrower- STAB fire

Samurott(Female)Modest: 128ATK/128 Sp.A/ 252 Spd MIxed Sweeper
    Surf- Great STAB
    Megahorn- Grass coverage, awesome move
    Earthquake- Electric coverage
    Swords Dance- Get something out of earthquake and m-horn

Dialga(Genderless)Lonely: 252HP/128 Def./128 Sp.D/
    Flash Cannon- STAB
    Substitute- Covers Bulk Up
    Bulk Up- Helps attacks
    Roar Of Time- Dialga isnt a Pok?mon without this!

Froslass(Female) Modest 128 ATK/ 252 Sp.A/ 252 SPD

Substitute- Set up a destiny bond
    Destiny Bond- A classic Ghost move
    Ice Beam- Ice STAB
    Shadow Ball- STAB

Tyranitar(Male) Modest 252 HP/ 252 Sp.Def

Iron Defense- Makes up reg DEF.
    Substitute- Set up iron defense
    Dark Pulse- Back up STAB
    Earthquake Back up power

THanks guys let me know what you think!
    Um........ This thread is only for non-finished teams this one's full

I hate to butt in but does anyone have any ideas for my team (I like making lots of teams)

Well first I have the gen three starters sceptile blaziken and swampert I need an electric ground and something else I'm thinking
    Breloom dusknoir scizor I have access to all pokemon though so help plez but no leg or non breeds le plez. thanx

sorry. if u want an electric type with no weakness try eelecktross. he has levitate. thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Archdiocese View Post
    I'm working on my very first team, but I'm having a bit of trouble finalizing/fine tuning it. Here

is what I have so far:

Spoiler:- Team So Far:

I have no idea what to put for the last pokemon. I've been debating between an annoyer or maybe a healer type. I'm completely open to suggestions. I should also point out, I am clueless when it comes to "tiers." This seems to vary by what sites I look at, and there doesn't seem to be any "official" tier system.
    Well, it seems to me that you only use this team on Random matchup or WiFi battles, which do not have any real tiers. Tiers are only present on simulators like Pokemon Showdown! Or Pokemon Online.

It also looks like you don't have access to a Politoed, which is why your chucking Rain Dance randomly. I highly recommend you try to get a Politoed instead, it will allow your pokemon to us better moves, and gives you a never ending supply of rain that doesn't need one turn of setup. You could try to get one on the trade forums here.

Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

He'ya everyone I've just recently got more into the competitive side of pokemon and to be honest I am pretty clueless about what makes a team good I know what makes specific pokemon good but I feel like I'm missing out on a solid composition. Here is the current team of 6 pokemon I'm training.

Skarmory
    Conkeldurr
    Haxorus
    Scizor
    Ninetails

at the moment I also have a Gliscor, Vaporeon, and an Umbreon im training because im not sure which I want. I've read a bunch of guides everywhere i can find but Im just not sure about how well my coverage could be and if my team has any kind of huuuge gaping whole i haven't noticed.

Kk, i need help building my rain team.

I've chosen 1 pokemon so far(and i want a politoad in my team)
    Starmie @Leftovers
    Nature: Timid
    Move set:
    Hydropump/surf
    Thunderbolt/pshychoboost(i think it was)
    Rapid spin
    rain dance
    Ev's: 252 spA, 252 Spe, 4 hp

Please help me

Quote Originally Posted by darthblastoise View Post
    sorry. if u want an electric type with no weakness try eelecktross. he has levitate. thanks again
    Apology accepted(on behalf of everyone else) and electross does sound pretty cool so I might try him but I really have a fancy for electivire

Um.......... Any other suggestions thanks darthblastoise for being first to help

Quote Originally Posted by Vampaze View Post
    Kk, i need help building my rain team.

I've chosen 1 pokemon so far(and i want a politoad in my team)
    Starmie @Leftovers
    Nature: Timid
    Move set:
    Hydropump/surf
    Thunderbolt/pshychoboost(i think it was)
    Rapid spin
    rain dance
    Ev's: 252 spA, 252 Spe, 4 hp

Please help me
    MEGAMISTAKE ALERT (MMA)
    psychoboost:
    it's a signature move of deoxys.
    it has 140 base power.
    It is a psychic move.
    has 90% accuracy.
    Relies on spatk.
    Drops spatk by 2 stages until swap

I should know I have deoxys

Ps: I think you mean psychic/psyshock
    Last edited by Victiniepicness; 7th June 2013 at 5:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Victiniepicness View Post
    MEGAMISTAKE ALERT (MMA)
    psychoboost:
    it's a signature move of deoxys.
    it has 140 base power.
    It is a psychic move.
    has 90% accuracy.
    Relies on spatk.
    Drops spatk by 2 stages until swap

I should know I have deoxys

Ps: I think you mean psychic
    No, he means Psyshock, I told him that exact Starmie Set!
    Too much water guys!

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh I was going to say why would starmie have deoxys signature move

Ps: sorry everybody for double posting back there

Spoiler:- NU Butterfree Core Support:

I really want to use Quiver Dance Butterfree, but I can't get a good lineup of 6 Pokemon. I figured if Butterfree wants to be effectivley used, then I'd have to use a Spinner. I picked Torkoal who is a good defensive Pokemon and can set up Rocks. Skuntank is to assist Torkoal by Pursuit trapping Spin-blockers.

Butterfree is aiming to be the main sweeper of the team; the base Pokemon. Compouneyes gives Sleep Powder near-perfect accuracy (I think about 97.5 %). While my opponent is asleep, I can get off Quiver Dance whether he stays or switches. Bug Buzz is a decent STAB and whatever move selected is for coverage.

Torkoal: Is what keeps Butterfree alive if the sweep hasn't been set up yet. It not only gets rid of hazards, but sets up it's own. Lava Plume is a STAB move not making Torkoal completely susceptible to Taunt. Yawn is questionable, as I already have Butterfree. I think Torkoal will need a walling partner on the special side.

Skuntank is an effective bulky Pursuit trapper and with Sucker Punch can be be an effective Revenge-killer. As I really don't want hazards on the field at all, I figured I'd need a counter to spin-blockers. When a Pokemon like Haunter looks to stop Torkoal, Skuntank looks to stop Haunter with Pursuit. Poison Jab sits there for an extra STAB as well as a decent chance to Poison. Taunt actually ensures a Sucker Punch hit, except if they switch, which can be predicted and hit by Pursuit.

I can already see that this support core is troubled by Golurk, so a counter for that would be good. I also would like a Special Wall paired with Torkoal for a defensive duo. I'm also now starting to think Scarf Sawk would be a good fit.

Check out my RMT!

Spoiler:- Team Induhbut (An NU Sun Team):

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Yes i meant Psyshock! btw i have my team in Competitive RMT called "Playing in the rain". Please be sure to check it out and rate it.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyI'mChubby View Post
        Spoiler:- NU Butterfree Core Support:

I really want to use Quiver Dance Butterfree, but I can't get a good lineup of 6 Pokemon. I figured if Butterfree wants to be effectivley used, then I'd have to use a Spinner. I picked Torkoal who is a good defensive Pokemon and can set up Rocks. Skuntank is to assist Torkoal by Pursuit trapping Spin-blockers.

Butterfree is aiming to be the main sweeper of the team; the base Pokemon. Compouneyes gives Sleep Powder near-perfect accuracy (I think about 97.5 %). While my opponent is asleep, I can get off Quiver Dance whether he stays or switches. Bug Buzz is a decent STAB and whatever move selected is for coverage.

Torkoal: Is what keeps Butterfree alive if the sweep hasn't been set up yet. It not only gets rid of hazards, but sets up it's own. Lava Plume is a STAB move not making Torkoal completely susceptible to Taunt. Yawn is questionable, as I already have Butterfree. I think Torkoal will need a walling partner on the special side.

Skuntank is an effective bulky Pursuit trapper and with Sucker Punch can be be an effective Revenge-killer. As I really don't want hazards on the field at all, I figured I'd need a counter to spin-blockers. When a Pokemon like Haunter looks to stop Torkoal, Skuntank looks to stop Haunter with Pursuit. Poison Jab sits there for an extra STAB as well as a decent chance to Poison. Taunt actually ensures a Sucker Punch hit, except if they switch, which can be predicted and hit by Pursuit.

I can already see that this support core is troubled by Golurk, so a counter for that would be good. I also would like a Special Wall paired with Torkoal for a defensive duo. I'm also now starting to think Scarf Sawk would be a good fit.
    you need something for the big rock threats like golem, such as gabite, as well as something to weaken stuff because even with 1 quiver dance butterfree is weak. I think your team would benieft from zwelious>skuntank as its a better check for ghosts like lampet and golurk, and because of hustle is a solid wallbreaker, baiting in stuff like tangela that butterfree easily sets up on. I would also suggest warturtle>torkoal as it can switch in on rocks more making it a more reliable spinner. I suggest for spot number 4 metang as its a solid rocker, and can beat rock and ice threats, plus its steel type gives you a solid resistor to multiple types.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    you need something for the big rock threats like golem, such as gabite, as well as something to weaken stuff because even with 1 quiver dance butterfree is weak. I think your team would benieft from zwelious>skuntank as its a better check for ghosts like lampet and golurk, and because of hustle is a solid wallbreaker, baiting in stuff like tangela that butterfree easily sets up on. I would also suggest warturtle>torkoal as it can switch in on rocks more making it a more reliable spinner. I suggest for spot number 4 metang as its a solid rocker, and can beat rock and ice threats, plus its steel type gives you a solid resistor to multiple types.
    Thanks I'll try it out.

Check out my RMT!

Spoiler:- Team Induhbut (An NU Sun Team):

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637 LastLast