it's a signature move of deoxys.
    it has 140 base power.
    It is a psychic move.
    has 90% accuracy.
    Relies on spatk.
    Drops spatk by 2 stages until swap

I should know I have deoxys

Ps: I think you mean psychic/psyshock
    In point of fact Lugia can get Psycho Boost as well. This is done through Pokemon XD, where you have to catch a Lugia as the first part of the... Well, I guess you could call it the final boss of the game, Greevil would fall under that category without question. When you purify the Lugia it comes with the moves Hydro Pump, Earthquake, Psycho Boost and Featherdance (XD gives some weird moves, the Moltres you can get has Morning Sun, Poochyena comes with Heal Bell, all 3 legendary birds come with Extrasensory, etc.).

Although Psycho Boost sucks competitively really, it lost its only use when Deo-D went Uber.

Apology accepted(on behalf of everyone else) and electross does sound pretty cool so I might try him but I really have a fancy for electivire
    Eelektross is bad. No weaknesses, yes, but it's slow as molasses and not very bulky. Electivire's not great either unless you're REALLY good at predicting (and not running an obvious GyaraVire combo, nobody falls for that anymore). If you need an Electric-type with good typing I strongly recommend Rotom-W. It works as a Scarfer or a bulky supporter and has really good defensive typing and Levitate along with it.

I'm looking into revisiting Ubers Sand, and I've got 4 Mons but I'm having trouble picking the last 2.

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Sand Stream
    Sassy Nature (+SpD, -Spe)
    EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 SpD
    - Crunch
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower
    - Fire Blast

I've used Uber Sand before and one thing that amazes me is how many times people lead Darkrai against this. Darkrai cannot beat this set short of Focus Miss which I've never seen one try. Superpower triggers the Sash and the sand picks up the KO. Lum Berry is for Dark Void. Crunch and Pursuit both get STAB and hit the ungodly number of Psychics and Ghosts for Super-Effective damage. Superpower is mainly for the aforementioned Darkrai, and Fire Blast is here for Forry and Ferro. And the occasional Scizor. Sassy Nature over Careful is because of Fire Blast.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Sand Rush
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Rapid Spin
    - Swords Dance

This is the reason to even use Uber Sand really, this and Rock Arceus. Sand Rush doubles my Spe to 550, which is enough to outspeed everything in existence provided it's unboosted. Swords Dance doubles my Atk to a titanic 810, and considering STAB on Earthquake even the Uber tier gets hammered. Rock Slide is for EdgeQuake coverage (It'd be really nice if Excadrill got Stone Edge....) and wrecks Ho-Oh and pretty heavily dents Lugia assuming I've broken Multiscale. Swords Dance is pretty obvious and Rapid Spin... Well, with an immunity to T-Spikes, resistance to Stealth Rock (4x) and immunity to Spikes while I have my balloon, Excadrill makes a great spinner.

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Calm Mind
    - Judgment
    - Recover
    - Refresh

Arceus-Rock's pretty awesome in the sand. It gets the boost from Sandstorm and after one Calm Mind its SpD hits 552 uninvested, which is awesome. Judgment is my only attack here, and it serves pretty much the same purpose as Excadrill's Rock Slide. It gets nice coverage and hits damn hard after one boost. Or more, if I can manage it. Recover is here to keep Arceus rolling and I'm using Refresh over Will-O-Wisp because what would always bring this thing down last time I used it was Toxic damage.

Dialga @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Pressure
    Modest Nature (+SpA, - Atk)
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
    - Draco Meteor
    - Thunder
    - Aura Sphere
    - Dragon Pulse

Dialga's stats and typing just scream "slap Specs on it and DRACO METEOR ALL THE THINGS!!!" so that's what I've done here. Draco Meteor is what I use most of the time and quite honestly it destroys. 85% MINIMUM to DEFENSIVE Dialga is pretty good. Thunder mauls all Kyogre and OHKOs any that didn't invest in SpD. Aura Sphere wrecks Heatrans and opposing Tyranitars and is being used over Fire Blast because I already have a way around Ferro and Forry on T-Tar. Which, coincidentally, is Fire Blast. Dragon Pulse just rounds out the set.

What I really need is a solid hazard setter. I was thinking Ferrothorn, but I'm a bit concerned about giving Sun an easy game then. Reshiram and Ho-Oh... Yeah. 'Nuff said.
    Last edited by loco1234; 11th June 2013 at 5:59 AM.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

@loco I think you covered Reshiram and Ho-Oh pretty well with Rock Arceus. Rock Arceus in sand is one of the best counters to them. Anyway, I think a water resist is first priority here, as choice specs Kyogre kills your team. The best Kyogre counter in the game is Soul Dew Latias. However sand may hinder it a bit. When it comes to countering Kyogre, you have very few choices though. Defensive Giratina, which can also spinblock, maybe. Palkia is another option, Latios may work too. Your choice, but I recommend choosing one of them, because a Kyogre counter is mandatory in Ubers.

Same goes for Groudon, basically. You'll need something that can take an Earthquake and hit back hard. Excadrill may be immune to Earthquake, but can't do much damage quickly:
    +2 252+ Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon: 210-247 (51.98 - 61.13%) -- 94.92% chance to 2HKO
    assuming a double switch, exca sd's first turn while groudon breaks balloon with se. then next turn exca does some damage to it while groudon KO's back with Earthquake.
    I'd choose Ferro to counter Groudon (first check if it has fire punch, though), while it can also set up spikes.

I hope this helped, and gl with your team!
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

I'm liking Soul Dew Latias and I've always been partial to Ferro. I think I'll give those two a shot first, I can always try one of the others later.

By the way, I laughed way too hard at the gif in your signature XD
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

Quote Originally Posted by loco1234 View Post
    I'm liking Soul Dew Latias and I've always been partial to Ferro. I think I'll give those two a shot first, I can always try one of the others later.

By the way, I laughed way too hard at the gif in your signature XD
    Scarfed terrakion is a big threat with those 2, as well as genesect
    maybe try normal giratina>soul dew latias as he laughs at terrakion, and genesect cant do to much.

I hadn't noticed that about Terrakion, I'll definitely try Giratina

I'm thinking about build a team around SubPetaya Empoleon. And I need his team member. I'm about to put CM-Expert Belt Latios with him. Since they both cover each other weaknesses. Can you suggest me the other Pokemon?
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Hello, I need help with an RU team. I need to add two more Pokemon. Any suggestions?

Medicham (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Pure Power
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Jolly Nature
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Fake Out
    - Feint
    A run-of-the-mill Medicham. Hi Jump Kick obviously is one of her most reliable STAB moves. I prefer Zen Headbutt over Psycho Cut because of the higher base power. Fake Out is for the flinch chance in the first turn Medicham gets sent out. Feint is for breaking Protects/Detects. 252 Attack for the most powerful Hi Jump Kick in the game. Life Orb for making it even more powerful while allowing it to switch attacks. 4 Special Defense because Medicham's Special Defense is lacking.

Accelgor (M) @ Bug Gem
    Trait: Unburden
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
    Modest Nature
    - Bug Buzz
    - Focus Blast
    - Spikes
    - Final Gambit
    Special Sweeper. It can set up a layer or two of spikes and threaten the opponent with a powerful STAB Bug Buzz boosted by Bug Gem or Focus Blast. Final Gambit is sort of a last resort, if Accelgor can't do anything else. Unburden to make it faster after the Bug Gem has been used. 252 Speed allows it to outspeed the whole tier. 252 Special Attack makes Bug Buzz and Focus Blast even more powerful. 4 Defense because it is quite lacking.

Uxie @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Psychic
    - Thunder Wave
    - U-turn
    My lead. Set up a layer of rocks, T-Wave the foe, then hightail out of there with U-Turn. Psychic is just there for a STAB Attack. Uxie is already bulky Special-Defense-wise, so there was no need to EV SDefense. Uxie needs Defense so it can actually set up rocks.

Cryogonal @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Rapid Spin
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Recover
    My Spinner. Ice Beam does a lot of damage due to maxed out Special Attack, Life Orb, STAB, and Base 95 SAttack. HP Fire is there there to take care of Steel-types. Recover is for taking care of Life Orb recoil and for Cryogonal's shabby defenses. Cryogonal's not very sluggish, either, so max speed will help it spin as soon as possible.
    Last edited by ness64; 16th June 2013 at 3:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    I'm thinking about build a team around SubPetaya Empoleon. And I need his team member. I'm about to put CM-Expert Belt Latios with him. Since they both cover each other weaknesses. Can you suggest me the other Pokemon?
    Instead of the Ebelt Latios how about a bulkyer Latias?

How about:

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 200 HP / 56 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Hidden Power [Fire] / Psyshock

A Dual Screen might be nice to:

Latias (F) @ Light Clay
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect
    - Draco Meteor
    - Healing Wish
        Spoiler:- Credits:

looking for some help guys just getting back into pokemon after a few years and i am ready for my rain dance team

pulling alot from smogon here

politoad

Defensive
    Leftovers Drizzle Bold
    Moveset EVs
    ~ Scald
    ~ Protect / Ice Beam / Refresh
    ~ Perish Song / Encore
    ~ Toxic / Hypnosis
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe

raikou

Life Orb
    Life Orb Pressure Timid
    Moveset EVs
    ~ Thunder
    ~ Hidden Power Grass
    ~ Extrasensory
    ~ Calm Mind / Volt Switch

kingdra
    Substitute + Dragon Dance
    Lum Berry / Leftovers Swift Swim
    Moveset EVs
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Outrage
    ~ Waterfall
    252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

--------------------------------------------------------------

here is where it gets iffy i want either pelipper or
    Tornadus

for tornadus

Mixed Attacker
    Life Orb Prankster Naive
    Moveset EVs
    ~ Rain Dance
    ~ Hurricane
    ~ Grass Knot
    ~ Superpower
    252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    for pelipper

Rain Dance
    left overs Rain Dish Modest
    Moveset EVs
    ~ Rain Dance
    ~ Hydro Pump / Surf
    ~ Hurricane
    ~ Roost
    252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe

with pelipper i have another water raising my risk again grass water etc but it also seems like a solid wall

------------------------------------------------------

for my last two pokemon I would like wish support and toxic spike support

I have also considered

Rhyperior
    Tank
    Leftovers Solid Rock Adamant
    Moveset EVs
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Rock Blast / Stone Edge
    ~ Dragon Tail

for stealth rock instead of toxic spikes

so guys find me a medic and or spiker

and please help me out thanks guys

1. Swift Swim and Drizzle are banned in the standard OU environment
    2. Use Tornadus. Pelipper won't do anything besides add an Electric weakness. It's NOT weak to Grass as you mentioned, since its secondary type, Flying, resists it. Just pointing that out too.

Rocker: (Rhyperior is meh in OU and awful in OU rain)

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SpA)
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
    - Thunder Wave
    - Leech Seed
    - Stealth Rock
    - Power Whip

Your team is too offensive to want Toxic Spikes over Stealth Rock.

Wish support, obvious Chansey/Blissey is obvious. Standard supporting set does just fine. Vaporeon can do it too and gets HydraRest for reliable recovery but the blobs pass better wishes.

This is the team I am running for this weekends event and they are doing poorly IMO, All though If I am not winning 3 of 4 times I consider less then that poor. This team is tailwinded. What do I need to fix besides tornadus? I am sick of losing.

Iv in order of Hp, atk, def, Sp.A, Sp.D, Spd

Terrakion - Jolly/Muscle Band

Ivs 28,16,17,16,1,26
    Evs 252 atk, 252 Spd, 4 Sp.D

X-Scissors
    protect
    rock slide
    close combat

Hydregion - Timid/white herb

IVs 26,27,29,31,17,30
    Evs Spd and Sp.A 252, Sp.D4

Dark Pulse
    Earth power
    protect
    Draco meteor

Tornadus Prankster - Timid/Flying Gem

Ivs 11,30,7,16,0,0
    Evs Sp.A and Spd 252

Air Slash
    Tailwind
    Taunt
    Protect

Starmie Natural Cure - Timid/Water Gem

Ivs 15,28,6,24,?,30
    Evs 252 Sp.A and Spd

T-bolt
    I-Beam
    Surf
    Protect

Arcanine Intimidate - Hasty/Life orb

Ivs 19,31,7,25,23,24
    Ev Atk and Spd 252

Extremespeed
    W-Charge
    C-Combat
    Flare Blitz

Rotom-W- Timid/ Choice Specs

Ivs 21,8,29,30,6,30
    Evs 252 Spd and Sp.A

T-bolt
    Hydro Pump
    Light screen
    Trick
    Black FC code 5415 8478 1951

Your IVs for starters, I guarantee you most of your opponents have perfect IVs, or at least perfect relevant IVs. And I'm gonna guess you mean by "this weekends event" that this is a VGC team, in which case it doesn't seem to be a Doubles team. I'm not seeing a whole lot of synergy and the EV spreads look better for singles matches.

Flygon@leftovers
    Nature: careful
    Ability: levitate
    Earthquake
    Dragon pulse
    Dragon claw
    Flamethrower

Entei@leftovers
    Nature: mild
    Ability; pressure
    Hidden power(grass)
    Overheat
    Eruption
    Shadow ball

Haxorus@rockyhelmet
    Nature timid
    Ability rivalry
    Dragon dance
    Dracometeor
    Dragon pulse
    Dragon claw
    New to wifi batles I know I need walls but I don't know what to do
    My team pokemon white lv85 entei lv 77 flygon lv35 jolteon lv 58 haxorus lv 30 marshstomp slot 6 ?????

I think I need some help with my team.

Right now, I am planning on building a team with the sweeper core (Physical/Special) being:

1. Hydreigon @ (insert item here; any recommendations?)
    Nature: Modest
    EV's: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    IV's: Not sure yet
    Moves:
    - Dark Pulse
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Flamethrower
    - Focus Blast

2. Infernape @ Life Orb
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Blaze
    EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    IV's: 31, 31, 31, 31, 30,31 (Made a really good trade :P)
    Moves:
    - U-turn
    - Flare Blitz
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge

Knowing that, could someone give me advice on which tanks/walls to help cover these two sweepers best, and how to train them? And, of course, criticism for these Pokemon and how to make them better?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTitan837 View Post
    I think I need some help with my team.

Right now, I am planning on building a team with the sweeper core (Physical/Special) being:

1. Hydreigon @ (insert item here; any recommendations?)
    Nature: Modest
    EV's: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    IV's: Not sure yet
    Moves:
    - Dark Pulse
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Flamethrower
    - Focus Blast

2. Infernape @ Life Orb
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Blaze
    EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    IV's: 31, 31, 31, 31, 30,31 (Made a really good trade :P)
    Moves:
    - U-turn
    - Flare Blitz
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge

Knowing that, could someone give me advice on which tanks/walls to help cover these two sweepers best, and how to train them? And, of course, criticism for these Pokemon and how to make them better?
    Well, I recommend either a choice scarf or specs on hydreigon, depends on if you want more speed or power. I use specs. If you want to sweep amazingly with that infernape, run this.

Ninjask
    Ev's 252 spd
    Swords dance
    Substitute
    Protect
    baton pass.
    Trait:speed boost

Basically, gain speed with speed boost and gain attack with swords dance, keep your self alive with protect and substitute, and after a while baton pass to infernape.

Spoiler:- Credit + Claim:

Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    Well, I recommend either a choice scarf or specs on hydreigon, depends on if you want more speed or power. I use specs. If you want to sweep amazingly with that infernape, run this.

Ninjask
    Ev's 252 spd
    Swords dance
    Substitute
    Protect
    baton pass.
    Trait:speed boost

Basically, gain speed with speed boost and gain attack with swords dance, keep your self alive with protect and substitute, and after a while baton pass to infernape.
    I've used Ninjask before, and it was easily countered on numerous occasions. I didn't use Substitute, mind you, but nonetheless, knowing the players in the competitive fields, just one look at a Ninjask on my team and they'll know what I'm planning almost immediately.

Besides, I'd like some tanks for the rest of the slots. For the traplayer, I was thinking Bronzong, but I'm not too sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTitan837 View Post
    I've used Ninjask before, and it was easily countered on numerous occasions. I didn't use Substitute, mind you, but nonetheless, knowing the players in the competitive fields, just one look at a Ninjask on my team and they'll know what I'm planning almost immediately.

Besides, I'd like some tanks for the rest of the slots. For the traplayer, I was thinking Bronzong, but I'm not too sure.
    I guess that's true. Then try blissy and skarmory. Both are extremely useful tanks. I don't have any good sets for them though.

Hi guys,
    Im building a dual weather sand and rain team and need help deciding on a sixth member. This team will be used for the wifi tournament at the end of July so it follows those rules of being able to use basically any pokemon. If you can, please try to suggest a pokemon that would work well with either rain or sand up
    thanks,
    STABX4
        Spoiler:- Team So Far:

Default Need a 6th Member!!

Hey guys. I'm trying to make on OU team for the tournament coming up based around Espeon (my favorite Pokemon of course), although I'm not sure if I should make it a dual screen, baton pass, or sweeper. But here's the team. I also don't like using legendaries in OU, so my only rules are I must keep Espeon, won't use legendaries, and don't prefer using HP since I'm not an expert breeder (unless someone wants to donate a timid Rotom with HP fire 31/30/31/30/31/30).

Spoiler:- The Team:

Ok now, I really need help for a 6th member. I want someone good in HP and Sp. Def, and rock and flying are my 2 big weaknesses.
    I was considering an Eviolite Dusclops, but that doesn't help either of my weaknesses and has low HP.
    Maybe a Bastidoon, even though I don't really like it, or a classic Walling Blissey.
    I would love to go for a Milotic, but I already have Cloyster, so if someone has any ideas for a Cloyster replacement instead, that would help too (and it would preferably have to have high defense too).

Also, any suggestions on items?

Thanks a lot everyone!
    ???
    Last edited by zwgiantsfan; 19th July 2013 at 7:40 PM.

NEW WIFI OU TEAM!!

FC: 1378-7035-2596
    PO: zwgiantsfan

CURRENT Emerald Nuzlocke: (6 Badges, 1 Death)
    CURRENT Soulsilver Nuzlocke: (7 Badges)

Shiny Pokemon FOR Trade:
    (lv. 38 T)
    DWFs: (extremespeed)

Quote Originally Posted by zwgiantsfan View Post
    Hey guys. I'm trying to make on OU team for the tournament coming up based around Espeon (my favorite Pokemon of course), although I'm not sure if I should make it a dual screen, baton pass, or sweeper. But here's the team. I also don't like using legendaries in OU, so my only rules are I must keep Espeon, won't use legendaries, and don't prefer using HP since I'm not an expert breeder (unless someone wants to donate a timid Rotom with HP fire 31/30/31/30/31/30).

Spoiler:- The Team:

Ok now, I really need help for a 6th member. I want someone good in HP and Sp. Def, and rock and flying are my 2 big weaknesses.
    I was considering an Eviolite Dusclops, but that doesn't help either of my weaknesses and has low HP.
    Maybe a Bastidoon, even though I don't really like it, or a classic Walling Blissey.
    I would love to go for a Milotic, but I already have Cloyster, so if someone has any ideas for a Cloyster replacement instead, that would help too (and it would preferably have to have high defense too).

Also, any suggestions on items?

Thanks a lot everyone!
    ???
    To avoid rock and flying types, try skarmory. Plus, you can set up spikes and stealth rocks with it.

Skarmory
    Spikes
    Stealth rock
    Roost
    brave bird
    Rocky helmet

And for espeon, double screen is my personal favourite choice. You could also use blissy. And for volcarona, fiery dance>fire blast

@STABX4 try this.
    Kingdra
    Swift swim/sniper
    Life orb
    Outrage
    Dragon dance
    Substitute
    Waterfall

Basically set up sub and use dragon dance, then sweep away. Sniper is useable if you want more critical hits. This set is very useful overall, imo.
    Last edited by Minedreigon; 20th July 2013 at 8:28 AM.

Default A wisher's Doom Desire

In the team I'm asking for a helping hand, my Ubers team focuses on my favorite pokemon: Jirachi the Wish Maker.

Currently, I tried using a variety of pokemon that comes into my favorites. Though, one of them is a pokemon I truly dislike using, I restrained myself from using it just to compensate with the difficulty.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 120 SDef / 16 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Body Slam
    - Iron Head
    - Cosmic Power
    - Fire Punch

This one gets a mix for being a versatile pokemon because versatility pokemon are my best game. Cosmic power is a great way for me to buff up my defenses against hazard setters (I repeat, not Dark void and Spore users) while I have the common attack sets from the parahax strategy. You think she can't fend off big legendaries, she proves you otherwise. Lefties is my only way of recovery though. So I focus all my Ev's in the art of defense ad special defense.

Victini @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Victory Star
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 Atk
    Adamant Nature
    - Bolt Strike
    - Trick
    - Bounce
    - V-create

If I ever come across a F****** FERROTHORN, trick it on one move only.
    Another gimmick for me to mess up that elder dragon called Lugia. I really respect that guy. But he just does NOT WANT TO DIE!!! If you're wondering, Whit's bounce for? Well, I could try it for scouting a move or spread paralysis.

Reshiram @ Wise Glasses
    Trait: Turboblaze
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature
    - Blue Flare
    - Flame Charge
    - Draco Meteor
    - Stone Edge

Generally, she can be my attacking lead as I flame charge my way until I begin ending Ho-ohs with Stone Edge and Obliterate other Dragons with Draco Meteor. Blue flare, especially on sun = death. The wise glasses is merely for boosting my special attacks.

Zekrom @ Leftovers
    Trait: Teravolt
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Bolt Strike
    - Thunder Wave
    - Outrage
    - Sleep Talk

One gimmick I could do to darkrai is to convince him to give me a dark void while I use sleep talk to either paralze hi m or just outright obliterate him. I just really built him specifically for darkrai and Lugia. Kyogre and manaphy could work too.

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Recover
    - Draco Meteor
    - Psyshock
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]

Do I need to tell you more? Maybe I should. Recover is to benefit the power of soul dew while she brings the pain on her draconic boyfriend (points at Rayquaza). HP fighting is for potentially steel types and a worn out / crippled Arceus.

Arceus-Grass @ Meadow Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 4 SAtk / 240 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Judgment
    - Calm Mind
    - Flamethrower
    - Spacial Rend

THIS is one of those pokemon I NEVER EVER WANT TO USE! But I had to just to ompensate with my team while I give him an Implement to my favorite type: Grass. HP and Speed? Thanks to those 120 all over, my fast calm mind offense proves to be worth the trade with my already bulky stats of 120.

Now, I don't just how to make it better though. But if you are gonna give a pokemon replacement, I have Important rules to give you. he following pokemon are those pokemon I greatly despise with utter hatred that I NEVER EVER WANNA F***ING USE THEM! (deep angry Snake voice) *ahem* anyway, here are the guys I won't accept. Keep in Mind of Jirachi as my core [So don't remove her and her current set].

Pokemon I refuse on using as substitutes to my current team:

Kyogre
    Rayquaza
    Groudon
    Ferrothorn
    Scizor
    Forretress
    Current Chapter: 36: Inner Mountain Province (Click the Banner above)

Hey guys, I'd love your help in building a weatherless offense team around this Kingdra

Kingdra @ Life Orb
    Swift Swim
    Modest
    40Hp / 240SpA/ 228 Spe
    - Rain Dance
    - Hydro Pump
    - Draco Meter
    - Ice Beam

Edit: I'd also like to include All-Out Attacker Mienshao

Mienshao @ Life Orb
    Regenerator
    Naive
    252 Atk/ 24 SpA/ 232 Spe

-HJK
    -U-Turn
    -Grass Knot
    -HP Ice
    Last edited by YoungGun; 24th July 2013 at 5:45 PM. Reason: Additional Info

I'm getting quite bored of weather-based team and was inspired upon viewing loco1234 to go back to basics and create a team with Dragons and Magnezone(was also considering eviomagneton for the kicks but OU isn't a friendly place for him) so with out further ado here's my Weatherless OU team so far, I'd like to keep it as aggressive as possible but synergy is far more important seeing as I'm using two dragons :3

Spoiler:- My Team:
    White 2 FC: 0820 3759 9704
    FlawlessEvents: Movie14dw(HPice)AbramGAMESTPDW(HPice)SMR2012SPR2013

CHECK OUT MY SHOP-----> http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...s-Trade-thread

I am one of the elite four at the wifi league, check it out if you want to become a leader or get some badges
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...82-WiFi-League
    Badges I've won:

Recently a friend of mine had challenged me to make a Pokemon team that is based off a song. I had no idea what to do until last night, when I was listening to this song by Iron Maiden; it happens to be one of my favorite songs:

As I sat there last night listening to this song, Two pokemon for an offensive core came to mind when I heard this song: A core of the Rare and unexpected Physical Zoroark and Sub/Disable Gengar. These two work well together, because although they are kind of frail, they both Resist fairly well what each of them is weak to (Gengar is weak to Ghost, Psychic, and Dark, which Zoroark resists. Likewise, Zoroark is weak to fighting and Bug, which Gengar is barely scratched by.) The Idea of messing with someones mind came to play, so I would use Screens, possibly Trick Room, and Zoroarks Ability as well as Gengar Sub/Disable Shenanigans fit well with this idea. In addition, Trick came to mind.

That being said, I know exactly what set for Gengar I would like to run:

/
    EV's: 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    Substitute
    Disable
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast

It is a very standard set, I have also thought about running a Choice Specs set with Trick. I, However have no idea what I want to do with Zoroark. I know a Special Set is way more Viable...but then who would be a good physical attacker that fits the theme of terror, nightmares, and tricks?

An alternative I thought was a Trick Room Team with Gengar as a fast back up Pokemon, and running a Trick Room Absol. Absol in TR in OU would Tear teams apart. But would that be Viable? In addition what other ways do you think this team would work well / is any of this even a good idea? What do you all think of a team based off this?
    Last edited by Hopkinc1; 27th July 2013 at 8:37 AM.

[IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/u6ic0.jpg[/IMG]
    "Scrafty: Dragon Master" Banner made by AWildMew
    "Wrath of Kangaskhan" Banner made by woegebonenick

[RMT] Scrafty: The Dragon Master
    [RMT] The Wrath of (Kangas)Khan

Quote Originally Posted by Hopkinc1 View Post
    Recently a friend of mine had challenged me to make a Pokemon team that is based off a song. I had no idea what to do until last night, when I was listening to this song by Iron Maiden; it happens to be one of my favorite songs:

As I sat there last night listening to this song, Two pokemon for an offensive core came to mind when I heard this song: A core of the Rare and unexpected Physical Zoroark and Sub/Disable Gengar. These two work well together, because although they are kind of frail, they both Resist fairly well what each of them is weak to (Gengar is weak to Ghost, Psychic, and Dark, which Zoroark resists. Likewise, Zoroark is weak to fighting and Bug, which Gengar is barely scratched by.) The Idea of messing with someones mind came to play, so I would use Screens, possibly Trick Room, and Zoroarks Ability as well as Gengar Sub/Disable Shenanigans fit well with this idea. In addition, Trick came to mind.

That being said, I know exactly what set for Gengar I would like to run:

/
    EV's: 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    Substitute
    Disable
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast

It is a very standard set, I have also thought about running a Choice Specs set with Trick. I, However have no idea what I want to do with Zoroark. I know a Special Set is way more Viable...but then who would be a good physical attacker that fits the theme of terror, nightmares, and tricks?

An alternative I thought was a Trick Room Team with Gengar as a fast back up Pokemon, and running a Trick Room Absol. Absol in TR in OU would Tear teams apart. But would that be Viable? In addition what other ways do you think this team would work well / is any of this even a good idea? What do you all think of a team based off this?
    The glaring issue that I see with this team is that you have chosen three Pokemon that have very low Def and SpDef stats. Unless Gengar is wicked fast or lucky and can set up a Substitute before anything else happens (like getting hit with Sucker Punch), it won't survive a hit, and neither will Zoroark or Absol.

I don't think that Trick Room OR Absol are good ideas. First, because Gengar and Zoroark both have very good speed, and Absol does not. Using Trick Room would help Absol and greatly hinder the rest of your team. Plus, Absol is so frail in the first place that even if you did use Trick Room, chances are it would only survive to attack once. I no not recommend this Trick Room/Absol thing at all.

When it comes to Zoroark, you could potentially use him well. In order for Zoroark to survive, you will have to send him out as a Pokemon that will make the opponent use moves that Zoroark resists - Ghost and Dark. Therefore, you want to have a Psychic or Ghost type as the last slot on your team so that the opponent will attempt to use Ghost or Dark moves against Zoroark and he will resist them, making him last another turn. This also means that the Psychic or Ghost type needs to be a sweeper, because you can't send him out first. Gengar is not a sweeper, so I don't recommend using Gengar for this.

Finally, Spiritomb might be a good addition to your team. He's creepy-looking and he has no weaknesses.

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637 LastLast