Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast
Results 876 to 900 of 902

Thread: Team Building Help Thread

  1. #876
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    The glaring issue that I see with this team is that you have chosen three Pokemon that have very low Def and SpDef stats. Unless Gengar is wicked fast or lucky and can set up a Substitute before anything else happens (like getting hit with Sucker Punch), it won't survive a hit, and neither will Zoroark or Absol.

    I don't think that Trick Room OR Absol are good ideas. First, because Gengar and Zoroark both have very good speed, and Absol does not. Using Trick Room would help Absol and greatly hinder the rest of your team. Plus, Absol is so frail in the first place that even if you did use Trick Room, chances are it would only survive to attack once. I no not recommend this Trick Room/Absol thing at all.

    When it comes to Zoroark, you could potentially use him well. In order for Zoroark to survive, you will have to send him out as a Pokemon that will make the opponent use moves that Zoroark resists - Ghost and Dark. Therefore, you want to have a Psychic or Ghost type as the last slot on your team so that the opponent will attempt to use Ghost or Dark moves against Zoroark and he will resist them, making him last another turn. This also means that the Psychic or Ghost type needs to be a sweeper, because you can't send him out first. Gengar is not a sweeper, so I don't recommend using Gengar for this.

    Finally, Spiritomb might be a good addition to your team. He's creepy-looking and he has no weaknesses.
    I probably should have been a little bit more clear: I meant Trick Room Absol in place of Zoroark, not the two together, and then have a Choice Scarf Sweeping Gengar with Trick in case trick room goes down. My bad :P Also I was thinking Spiritomb as a physical wall and Maybe Cresselia as a special wall but I also would like some resists to Water/Fire/Grass and some other common types, but Idk what would fit the idea there.
    Last edited by Hopkinc1; 27th July 2013 at 9:08 PM.

    [IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/u6ic0.jpg[/IMG]
    "Scrafty: Dragon Master" Banner made by AWildMew
    "Wrath of Kangaskhan" Banner made by woegebonenick

    [RMT] Scrafty: The Dragon Master
    [RMT] The Wrath of (Kangas)Khan

  2. #877
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Okay so I have decided to make a double battle Trick Room team. Here it is in order of appearance (the first two are paired and the last two are paired) (And I have not EV trained my Wailord yet so feel free to make suggestions on what I should gear it towards) (Please pm me if you have responded because I don't think I get notified whenever someone makes a response)

    1. Cofagrigus Item:Spell Tag (Ghost Booster)
    Ability: Mummy
    Nature: Sassy (+SpDef, -Spd)
    EV: 252 Def; 129 SpAtt; 129 SpDef.
    Trick Room
    Toxic
    Hex
    Will-O-Wisp

    2. Wailord Item: Chesto Berry
    Ability: Pressure
    Nature: Docile
    EV: 252 HP; 252 Attk; 6 SpDef
    Curse
    Dive
    Bounce
    Rest

    3. Gardevoir Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Telepathy
    Nature: Modest (+SpAttk, -Attk)
    EV: 252 SpAttk; 252 SpDef; 6 HP
    Wish/Healing Pulse
    Focus Blast
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball

    4. Steelix Item: Ground Plate
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Nature: Brave (+Attk, -Spd)
    EV: 170 Attk; 170 Def; 170 HP.
    Curse
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Stealth Rock

    My Cofagrigus is very sturdy and there to use trick room on the first turn. Then it poisons/burns other pokemon quickly with speed being inverted and get the hex bonus along with stab and its spell tag. Wailord is there to buff its speed by using curse and using two turn moves like bounce or dive to escape some damage. Rest and chesto berry is self explanatory. Gardevoir is the real striker of the team with a massive special attack stat and a less than par speed stat, perfect for trick room. It has a Focus Sash because of its low defenses and because dark types are rampant. I am deciding whether I should use wish(But Gardevoir usually doesn't last 2 turns) or use healing pulse(Kind of useful for the pokemon that cannot heal on my team). Steelix is almost like the tank of my team, using curse to up its attackand defense in order to destroy foes with earthquake(Missing gardevoir because of telepathy).

  3. #878
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Hey guys, need help finishing this team. Running CB Ttar; Sheer Force Conkeldurr; EB Keldeo; and LO Latias. Preferably would like a Scarfer and then someone to set up rocks, but Im not sure as to who to use to fill those roles, any ideas?

  4. #879
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Hoenn Region
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Hey guys! Competitive noob here. Well I know about EV's and IV's and all that hoopla but winning battles is a lot harder...I've been doing well on Showdown with a SmashPass team (two SmashPassers, Smeargle and Gorebyss) that my friend made, but I can't seem to do well at all with any team I make. I don't know if it's because I don't balance the members enough or what. Any advice...? At all? For making a team? I tend to like offensive strategies more but I'm not opposed to stall/defensive ones.

    I know I'm supposed to have at least one member, so let's go with a Jolly Lum Berry Haxorus with Outrage, Low Kick, Dual Chop, and Earthquake (he's my favorite Pokemon that's actually good at competitive).
    Want to watch some funny videos?
    Check out MandJTV, a channel where Raccoon Man, a hero nobler than any other, serves justice and does a few other ridiculous (and funny) things.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/1o7ho6.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #880
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    under the scarlet sky
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SceptileFan View Post
    Hey guys! Competitive noob here. Well I know about EV's and IV's and all that hoopla but winning battles is a lot harder...I've been doing well on Showdown with a SmashPass team (two SmashPassers, Smeargle and Gorebyss) that my friend made, but I can't seem to do well at all with any team I make. I don't know if it's because I don't balance the members enough or what. Any advice...? At all? For making a team? I tend to like offensive strategies more but I'm not opposed to stall/defensive ones.

    I know I'm supposed to have at least one member, so let's go with a Jolly Lum Berry Haxorus with Outrage, Low Kick, Dual Chop, and Earthquake (he's my favorite Pokemon that's actually good at competitive).
    Give it dragon dance or change the item to choice band.

    With dragon dance, i would pair him with choice band terrakion, as terrakion can cripple physical walls that would stop haxorus like landorur t, skarmory, and forretress. Furthermore, terrakion baits in fast scarfed waters like keldeo that he can set up on. Another good partner is breloom, as he baits in celebi, again who haxorus sets up on, tho for both i would add scarfed jirachi to check lati@s that switches in on both, scouts and brings in heatran who again, haxorus can set up on

    With a choice band, swords dance scizor and agility metagross are nice partners as they can come in on ice and dragon moves that revenge haxorus and bullet punch for scizor. Another partner that likes banded hax is salac terrakion, but a steel is still a good idea.



  6. #881
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    This is my first competitive team so here it goes but I need help on picking my last pokemon.

    1. Metagross @ Choice Band

    Nature: Adament
    Ability: Clear Body

    Moveset: Meteor Mash
    Hammer Arm
    ThunderPunch
    Bullet Punch

    EV's: 252 Attack, 164 HP, 92 Speed

    2. Gengar @ Life Orb


    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Levitate

    Moveset: Substitute
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast
    Pain Split

    EV's: 4 HP, 252 S. Attack, 252 S. Defence.

    3. Blissey @ Leftovers

    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Natural Care

    Moveset: Softboiled
    Wish
    Flamethrower
    Toxic

    EV's: 4 HP, 252 Defense, 252 S. Defense.

    4. Skarmory @ Shed Shell

    Nature: Impish
    Ability: Sturdy

    Moveset: Stealth Rock
    Whirlwind
    Roost
    Brave Bird

    EV's: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 S. Defense.

    5. Scizor @Choice Scarf

    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Technician

    Moveset: U-turn
    Iron Head
    Superpower
    Pursuit

    EV's: 252 Speed, 4 S. Defense, 252 Attack

    6. ???



    So I am still stuck on who should be my sixth pokemon. Thinking perhaps a bulky water? Anyone please rate my team so far and advise would be appreciated along with who you think my final pokemon should be and why.

    Thanks. c:

  7. #882
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    389

    Default

    I'm new to competitive and need help finishing my special heavy offense team. I have Espeon, Lucario, Hydreigon, Volcarona, and Jolteon but I'm not sure who to use for the sixth slot.
    Here are the sets I have so far
        Spoiler:- sets:

    Any advice for the sixth pokemon or the sets I currently have would be greatly appreciated.

    Please click my dragons to help them grow!


    My PASBL Squad

  8. #883
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    13

    Default

    I need some help with my Zoroark which I want to use in OU, I currently have this

        Spoiler:- Zoroark:



    I want to use it as a Special Sweeper, the Choice Scarf is there since it outpaced very often by other Choice Scarf users, which defeats its entire purpose.
    It currently has a weakness to fighting types which I'd like to be able to counter, but I'm not sure as to how I'd do that... Also is U Turn worth keeping if its Scarfed?
    Finally what would you recommend I accompany it with? (Nothing from the Ubers) Both as Illusion fodder and generally.
    Current Shiny Hunt:
    Masuda Method: (120 eggs so far)
    Current Shinies: , (Trade)

  9. #884

    Default

    I want to build a relatively balanced team around Lucario and Volcarona, preferably around the following sets:


        Spoiler:- The builds I would like to use :

    What do I need to support them both? Is it even possible to build a team around them?

  10. #885
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    England, yorkshire
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Well this is my first team iv been geting alot of help and advice but think iv took some advice in, heres my first attemp at a team as its hard to get my head around type coverage etc. so help wanted please on anything and a possible 6th member or can change them all around of i have to as i have most pokemon flawless. Also not had a battle yet with any off then so wouldnt mind a few

    1. Hydreigon, expert belt
    Mild levitate
    252 att, speed 4 hp
    Focus blast
    Flamethrower
    Draco meteor
    U turn

    2. Gengar black sludge
    Timid, levitate
    252 speed, spatt
    Shadow ball
    Disable
    Destiny bond
    Substitute

    3.scizor steel plate
    Adamant technician
    248 hp, 252 atk, 8 speed
    U turn
    Bullet punch
    Bug bite
    Swords dance

    I think the evs need changing??

    4.starmie natural cure
    Timid leftovers
    252 sp atk, speed
    Thunder bolt
    Recover
    Ice beam
    Surf

    5.milotic ?
    Bold marvel scale
    248 hp, 252 def, 8 speed
    Scald
    Recover
    Ice beam
    Dragon tail

    6.????????


    I no it needs alots of improvement so thats why iv put it on here so please help

    Thanks
    White fc- 0648 6991 3191 Platinum fc- 0133 3030 7797 Soulsilver fc-4342 3713 5679
    Also have a list of FS/NFS
        Spoiler:- platinum Shiny spoiler:

        Spoiler:- Legendaries i have to trade:

        Spoiler:- White shinies:


    PM WITH ANY OFFERS

  11. #886
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liamb2324 View Post
    Well this is my first team iv been geting alot of help and advice but think iv took some advice in, heres my first attemp at a team as its hard to get my head around type coverage etc. so help wanted please on anything and a possible 6th member or can change them all around of i have to as i have most pokemon flawless. Also not had a battle yet with any off then so wouldnt mind a few

    1. Hydreigon, expert belt
    Mild levitate
    252 att, speed 4 hp
    Focus blast
    Flamethrower
    Draco meteor
    U turn

    2. Gengar black sludge
    Timid, levitate
    252 speed, spatt
    Shadow ball
    Disable
    Destiny bond
    Substitute

    3.scizor steel plate
    Adamant technician
    248 hp, 252 atk, 8 speed
    U turn
    Bullet punch
    Bug bite
    Swords dance

    I think the evs need changing??

    4.starmie natural cure
    Timid leftovers
    252 sp atk, speed
    Thunder bolt
    Recover
    Ice beam
    Surf

    5.milotic ?
    Bold marvel scale
    248 hp, 252 def, 8 speed
    Scald
    Recover
    Ice beam
    Dragon tail

    6.????????


    I no it needs alots of improvement so thats why iv put it on here so please help

    Thanks
    some quick points:
    if u want to run hydriegon as a mixed sweeper, use superpower over focus blast because it is more reliable and the attack drop doesnt hurt hydriegon much. also u should go 4 att/252 sp att/252 spd. gengar looks good, but u can consider using focus blast over destiny bond for much better coverage. for scizor, if u wanted to hit really hard right away, just run a choice band set with u-turn, bullet punch, superpower, pursuit. if u wanted sword dance, u-turn wouldnt be extremely useful but use bug bite, bullet punch, superpower. for starmie, the set u have is good, personally i like choice specs/trick starmie, but another set that would be useful for ur team would be to run rapid spin over recover to get rid of sr/spikes. personally, i dont think milotic is very good, although he can be useful. especially since u arent using any entry hazards, dragon tail isnt very useful. in my opinion u should drop milotic and possibly hydriegon and maybe add salamence/dragonite/latios (in place of hydriegon if dropped), conkeldurr/scrafty, and/or heatran
    white fc: 1378 0695 7763

    I work to make and complete trades with ANYONE. visit my trade shop here:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=553801

  12. #887
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Gaur Plain
    Posts
    611

    Default

    Hello, I'm trying to make a rain team, but I don't know what to add. Also, change anything changeable.

    Politoed @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

    Tornadus (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Hurricane
    - Focus Blast
    - Taunt
    - Tailwind

    Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
    Hasty Nature
    - Thunder
    - Hidden Power
    - Superpower
    - U-turn

    Starmie @ Life Orb
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Psyshock
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Rapid Spin



        Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:
    .

  13. #888
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    Hello, I'm trying to make a rain team, but I don't know what to add. Also, change anything changeable.

    Politoed @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

    Tornadus (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Hurricane
    - Focus Blast
    - Taunt
    - Tailwind

    Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
    Hasty Nature
    - Thunder
    - Hidden Power
    - Superpower
    - U-turn

    Starmie @ Life Orb
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Psyshock
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Rapid Spin
    I would suggest adding Dugtrio to trap and get rid of Ninetails and Tyranitar.

    The standard set is Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Arena Trap
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Reversal
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Stealth Rock

  14. #889
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Hello, this is my first competitive team. I was just wondering if there are any obvious problems with it? Any help is appreciated.

    Politoed w/ Leftovers
    Ability: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature
    - Scald
    - Toxic
    - Protect
    - Ice Beam

    Primary Pokemon on a rain team. I went with a defensive set so I can start the rain up later if it gets cancelled out by something else.

    Gastrodon w/ Leftovers
    Ability: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Relaxed Nature
    - Scald
    - Recover
    - Earthquake
    - Toxic

    Decided to use Gastrodon to take electric hits. If I end up replacing Jirachi with Jellicent I would have 3 Pokemon weak to electric.

    Breloom w/ Life Orb
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Spore
    - Low Sweep
    - Mach Punch
    - Bullet Seed

    Physical sweeper of the team. I considered going bulky w/ Toxic Orb but I think my team is bulky enough as-is.

    Starmie w/ Life Orb
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Surf
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam
    - Rapid Spin

    Rapid Spinner with good coverage. Starmie does a good job dealing with Spin Blockers.

    Ferrothorn w/ Leftovers or Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
    Relaxed Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Spikes
    - Stealth Rock
    - Leech Seed
    - Gyro Ball

    Hazards. Extra bulky in the rain especially vs Fire.

    Jirachi w/ Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 236 SDef / 20 Spd
    Calm Nature
    - Iron Head
    - Protect
    - Wish
    - Thunder

    Considering replacing with Jellicent so I can block Rapid Spins. Also, I plan on making this team on BW2 soon and it will be much easier to get a good Jellicent than a good Jirachi.
    Last edited by Krusiv; 10th October 2013 at 2:01 AM.

  15. #890
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Lost Hex
    Posts
    53

    Default

    This is my...competitive team, I guess(at least main team) in White 2, and I don't really bother much with items, I just kinda go with the flow. Also, I know little about EVs or IVs but I can't get myself to care enough to find out. Also, I know I need to levelgrind some of them.

    So, without further ado, here's my team:

    Erin (Aggron) Lv. 52
    Hasty nature
    Quick to flee
    Ability: Rock Head
    HP: 145
    Atk. 132
    Def. 180
    Sp. Atk. 73
    Sp. Def. 78
    Spd. 82
    Moves:
    Rock Slide
    Iron Tail
    Iron Head
    Strength

    Brooke(Vaporeon) Lv. 73
    Impish nature
    Somewhat stubborn
    Ability: Water Absorb
    HP: 298
    Atk. 121
    Def. 121
    Sp. Atk. 159
    Sp. Def. 167
    Spd. 115
    Moves:
    Waterfall
    Surf
    Aurora Beam
    Hydro Pump

    Rush(Arcanine) Lv. 60
    Lax nature
    Capable of taking hits
    Ability: Intimidate
    HP: 192
    Atk. 163
    Def. 138
    Sp. Atk. 136
    Sp. Def. 107
    Spd. 138
    Moves:
    Fire Fang
    Flame Charge
    Flamethrower
    Flame Wheel

    Frostbite (W. Kyurem) Lv. 72
    Lonely nature
    Likes to fight
    Ability: Turboblaze
    HP: 274
    Atk. 222
    Def. 135
    Sp. Atk. 255
    Sp. Def. 159
    Spd. 159
    Moves:
    Ice Burn
    Blizzard
    Fly
    Icy Wind

    Frenzy (Hydreigon) Lv. 66
    Docile nature
    Good endurance
    Ability: Levitate
    HP: 207
    Atk. 156
    Def. 142
    Sp. Atk. 172
    Sp. Def. 127
    Spd. 138
    Moves:
    Dragon Pulse
    Hyper Voice
    Dragon Rush
    Draco Meteor

    Ivy (Carnivine) Lv.58
    Calm nature
    Mischievous
    Ability: Levitate
    HP: 161
    Atk. 108
    Def. 94
    Sp. Atk. 118
    Sp. Def. 104
    Spd. 67
    Moves:
    Energy Ball
    Crunch
    Grass Knot
    Power Whip


    Shinies:



  16. #891
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Hey guys, I'm also new to competitive battling but I am familiar with EVs, IVs and Natures. I am confused about the tiers; how do I know if I'm playing within a certain one? I'm going for a offensive sweeper team.
    Here's the Pokemon I've decided on so far;

    Hydreigon - Modest
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
    Moveset: Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, Earthquake
    This Pokemon is here to stay so please don't say to replace it with another Dragon! This moveset covers ALOT of types but I'm not sure if I should keep Earthquake. Also, I'm not sure what item I should have him hold.

    Well, that's the only Pokemon I've decided on. I'm looking for Pokemon who counter Hydreigon's weaknesses but I'm not sure which ones I should go with! Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by TheScoobyDawg; 21st October 2013 at 11:15 AM.
    Pokemon White FC: 1636 6883 7210
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/sd2oex.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2u7yook.png[/IMG]
    Credits to AWildMew for the awesome Team Pose!!!

    Pokemon I'm Looking For


    Legendaries Needed for Pokedex

  17. #892
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuram View Post
    This is my...competitive team, I guess(at least main team) in White 2, and I don't really bother much with items, I just kinda go with the flow. Also, I know little about EVs or IVs but I can't get myself to care enough to find out. Also, I know I need to levelgrind some of them.

    So, without further ado, here's my team:

    Erin (Aggron) Lv. 52
    Hasty nature
    Quick to flee
    Ability: Rock Head
    HP: 145
    Atk. 132
    Def. 180
    Sp. Atk. 73
    Sp. Def. 78
    Spd. 82
    Moves:
    Rock Slide
    Iron Tail
    Iron Head
    Strength

    Brooke(Vaporeon) Lv. 73
    Impish nature
    Somewhat stubborn
    Ability: Water Absorb
    HP: 298
    Atk. 121
    Def. 121
    Sp. Atk. 159
    Sp. Def. 167
    Spd. 115
    Moves:
    Waterfall
    Surf
    Aurora Beam
    Hydro Pump

    Rush(Arcanine) Lv. 60
    Lax nature
    Capable of taking hits
    Ability: Intimidate
    HP: 192
    Atk. 163
    Def. 138
    Sp. Atk. 136
    Sp. Def. 107
    Spd. 138
    Moves:
    Fire Fang
    Flame Charge
    Flamethrower
    Flame Wheel

    Frostbite (W. Kyurem) Lv. 72
    Lonely nature
    Likes to fight
    Ability: Turboblaze
    HP: 274
    Atk. 222
    Def. 135
    Sp. Atk. 255
    Sp. Def. 159
    Spd. 159
    Moves:
    Ice Burn
    Blizzard
    Fly
    Icy Wind

    Frenzy (Hydreigon) Lv. 66
    Docile nature
    Good endurance
    Ability: Levitate
    HP: 207
    Atk. 156
    Def. 142
    Sp. Atk. 172
    Sp. Def. 127
    Spd. 138
    Moves:
    Dragon Pulse
    Hyper Voice
    Dragon Rush
    Draco Meteor

    Ivy (Carnivine) Lv.58
    Calm nature
    Mischievous
    Ability: Levitate
    HP: 161
    Atk. 108
    Def. 94
    Sp. Atk. 118
    Sp. Def. 104
    Spd. 67
    Moves:
    Energy Ball
    Crunch
    Grass Knot
    Power Whip
    In complete honesty, the only way you will ever win a competitive battle online is if you EV-train. It's good to have Pokemon with high IVs in the right stats, but it's nowhere near as important as EV training. Everyone in the competitive scene EV-trains, which makes it almost impossible to win without an EV-trained team. However, if you want to try out your team without EV-training, there's nothing wrong with that. I'm just saying that if you lose more than you win, it's probably due to EVs, not due to the fact that you have a bad team.

    Now, onto your team. The big, huge, glaring issue I see with this team is the repetition you have in each Pokemon's attack types. For example, take your Vaporeon - you have THREE water moves! That is not necessary in any way. You need ONE water move, and because your Special Attack is higher than your attack, it should be Surf, because Surf is one of the strongest Special water moves that Vaporeon can learn. Get rid of Hydro Pump and Waterfall, and replace them with coverage moves (i.e., moves that have a typing that will be super-effective against Vaporeon's weaknesses). And Arcanine has FOUR fire moves!!! There's no way it stands a chance in a competitive battle.

    When you are choosing moves for your Pokemon, you need to consider whether they are a physical attacker or a special attacker, and choose moves based on that. It's also better if your Pokemon have the right natures to go with whether they're a special or physical attacker, and none of your Pokemon have the right natures. In some cases you can have mixed physical/special attackers, but in order to pull that off, you really need to breed for the right nature and EV train the Pokemon properly or it will be bad at two things instead of good at one thing. So here are my suggestions for your improved movesets. I also included a better nature for each one, but you can ignore that if you want to continue using the Pokemon you have:

    Aggron (Adamant):

    Head Smash
    Heavy Slam
    Earthquake
    Fire Punch/Aqua Tail

    Vaporeon (Bold):

    Wish/Roar (Wish is an egg move so if you don't breed a new one, you can't use it)
    Protect
    Scald/Surf (Scald is better because of the chance to burn)
    Ice Beam/Toxic

    Arcanine (Adamant)

    Flare Blitz
    Extremespeed (Arcanine must have Extremespeed to be viable competitively, because it is so slow)
    Wild Charge/Crunch (Crunch if you don't want the damage from Wild Charge, since two other moves cause recoil)
    Close Combat

    Kyurem-W (Modest/Timid)

    Draco Meteor
    Ice Beam
    Fusion Flare
    Roost/Focus Blast/Earth Power

    Hydreigon (Mild/Rash)

    Draco Meteor
    Fire Blast
    Superpower/Dark Pulse
    Roost/Earthquake

    Carnivine (Jolly/Adamant)

    Swords Dance
    Power Whip
    Return
    Sleep Powder

    Carnivine is WAY outclassed by pretty much every Grass-type ever. Its very poor Speed, Defense, SpDef, and HP mean that it'll be OHKO'd by almost anything that it goes up against competitively. I suggest that you replace Carnivine with something like Breloom or Ferrothorn.
    Last edited by varanus_komodoensis; 21st October 2013 at 4:43 PM.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  18. #893
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I decided I'm going to build a team around Kyurem-B simply because his attack is monstrous and I want to take advantage of it
    so here we go

        Spoiler:- Kyurem-B:


        Spoiler:- Magnezone:


        Spoiler:- Chansey:

    well that's what I have so far this is where I need your help
    obviously i have a HUGE weakness to fighting types namely scarf/sub terrakion and and stall teams especially stall sand and rain teams(toxic spikes)
    Kyurem-B's main counters consist of:
    Steel types-especially scizor/jirachi and heatran
    Hippowdon-can spam slack off and stall outrages immune to fusion bolt and because of the nature of choice items passive damage from sandstorm/stealth rock and spikes this is a horrible match-up sure theres ice beam but an experienced player will know whats going on once they realise it has a scarf
    faster dragons-scarf salamence,haxorus,latios
    poison heal gliscor unless I nab it with ice beam on the switch because they always carry protect
    priority users
    hazards

    So I need members of my team to:
    1. cover my fighting type weakness
    2.deal with hippowdon/faster dragons/gliscor
    3. Have great synergy
    4. possibly a rapid spinner or magic bounce
    5. a way of dealing with faster choice scarf users and priority like staraptor/jirachi/salamence/terrakion/keldeo/ anything over base speed 95 and mainly breloom and lucario prankster & Landorus-T users can sometimes be annoying to

    If possible I would like my team to be as offensive as possible because chansey brings a massive amount of bulk to the team and magnezone hardly pulls its own weight after eliminating the steel types

  19. #894
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hi i am working to make a competative team and i want to use alot of the pokemon i have there trained good but i cant seem to make good teams with any of them so if you could help me pick the right pokemon to make a team out of i would apreciate it. Also the main pokemon i want to keep is my lucario out of all them.
    Pokemon: (includes 6th gen and megastones)
    Lucario
    scizor
    tyranitar
    manectric
    noivern
    Venasaur
    flygon
    Sceptile
    Salamance
    weavile
    heliosk

  20. #895
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirizuto View Post
    Hi i am working to make a competative team and i want to use alot of the pokemon i have there trained good but i cant seem to make good teams with any of them so if you could help me pick the right pokemon to make a team out of i would apreciate it. Also the main pokemon i want to keep is my lucario out of all them.
    Pokemon: (includes 6th gen and megastones)
    Lucario
    scizor
    tyranitar
    manectric
    noivern
    Venasaur
    flygon
    Sceptile
    Salamance
    weavile
    heliosk
    This is just me, but what I see here is the makings of a Sandstorm or Rain team. Because you haven't said what any of your Pokemon's natures, moves, or abilities are, this is difficult to do. But here's what I think:

    Lucario, Scizor, and Tyranitar all benefit from being on a Sandstorm team, assuming that your Tyranitar has Sand Stream. However, Lucario and Scizor are both very weak to Fire, so they could also be on a Rain team, along with Weavile. Salamence would take damage from the sand, and so it would be better on a Rain team. Lucario, Weavile, and Scizor are all late-game sweepers, though, and you don't need three late-game sweepers. You need an entry-hazard setup, a wall or two, and maybe a Rapid Spinner or a Reflect/Light Screen user. Plus all of your Pokemon's abilities and moves need to coincide. So basically without natures/abilities/moves, we can't really be much help.

    Manectric, Noivern, Flygon, Sceptile, and Heliolisk aren't really very good competitively. Venusaur is ONLY useful competitively if it has Chlorophyll and is on a Sun team.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  21. #896
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirizuto View Post
    Hi i am working to make a competative team and i want to use alot of the pokemon i have there trained good but i cant seem to make good teams with any of them so if you could help me pick the right pokemon to make a team out of i would apreciate it. Also the main pokemon i want to keep is my lucario out of all them.
    Pokemon: (includes 6th gen and megastones)
    Lucario
    scizor
    tyranitar
    manectric
    noivern
    Venasaur
    flygon
    Sceptile
    Salamance
    weavile
    heliosk
    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    This is just me, but what I see here is the makings of a Sandstorm or Rain team. Because you haven't said what any of your Pokemon's natures, moves, or abilities are, this is difficult to do. But here's what I think:

    Lucario, Scizor, and Tyranitar all benefit from being on a Sandstorm team, assuming that your Tyranitar has Sand Stream. However, Lucario and Scizor are both very weak to Fire, so they could also be on a Rain team, along with Weavile. Salamence would take damage from the sand, and so it would be better on a Rain team. Lucario, Weavile, and Scizor are all late-game sweepers, though, and you don't need three late-game sweepers. You need an entry-hazard setup, a wall or two, and maybe a Rapid Spinner or a Reflect/Light Screen user. Plus all of your Pokemon's abilities and moves need to coincide. So basically without natures/abilities/moves, we can't really be much help.

    Manectric, Noivern, Flygon, Sceptile, and Heliolisk aren't really very good competitively. Venusaur is ONLY useful competitively if it has Chlorophyll and is on a Sun team.
    Actually, with the nerf of weather, it's not a reliable strategy anymore. It can still be pulled off, but it's not gamebreaking anymore.

    Mega Venasaur is actually competitively viable, thanks to it's fantastic bulk, and I know form first hand experiance that Mega Manectric/Noivern make excellent volt turners. However, you can only use one Mega Evolution, and this team is based off Lucario, so let's just stick with that.

    It's easiest to make a team around a pokemon if it's a late game sweeper, and Lucario just so happens to be excellent at that. There are two specific sets that stick out to me.

    Lucario @ Lucarionite
    Jolly/252 Att/252 Speed
    -Swords Dance
    -Close Combat
    -Bullet Punch
    -Crunch

    Lucario @ Lucarionite
    Timid/252 Sp.att/252 Speed
    -Nasty Plot
    -Aura Sphere/Flash Cannon
    -Vacuum Wave
    -Shadow Ball(Not dark pulse anymore because faries)

    After that, it is all about clearing the way for Lucario to sweep. Since Bulky Offense will be ruling the gen 6 metagame, a volt turn team seems most fitting to me, and Flygon, Noivern, and Scizor can all pull this off. After that, I'd reccomend a Rotom-W set of your choice, since it will provide excellent synergy with Scizor.

    For Noivern, Boomburst will actually do more damage than Dragon Pulse. If you want, you can also get one with a modest/mild/rash nature instead of timid one, since it'll be fast enough to outrun 108 base speed pokemon.

    The basic idea I think will work well with Volturn is to find the pokemon that can stop Lucario's sweep, and take them out. For example, if you're using Nasty Plot Lucario and your opponent has an assault vest Goodra, your first priority would be to take that Goodra out. However, which pokemon will stop Lucario will depend on it's set, so I'll let you decide on that before going further.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 15th November 2013 at 2:33 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

  22. #897
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hi guys, could you please give me some ideas on how to round out this team? it's a generation 3 team for battling against friends, not of any specific tier but we are generally avoiding using the major overpowered pokemon - so I guess it's mostly BL/UU and under. this will be for playing in game rather than on a battle simulator and I doubt anyone will be hardcore EV training, but feel free to give some suggestions for that too.

    Venusaur: Leftovers - Careful

    Sludge Bomb
    Sleep Powder
    Leech Seed
    Razor Leaf /Giga Drain

    Lapras: Leftovers - Bold

    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    not sure about the last move, maybe Toxic?

    Hypno: Leftovers - Bold

    Psychic
    Thunder Wave
    Hypnosis
    Reflect

    Heracross: ??? - Adamant - Guts

    Break Brick
    Mega Horn
    Rock Slide
    Swords Dance


    I really don't know how best to round this out, I know I am missing a physical wall, rock resist and a flyer, amonst other things, but I'm just not sure what would fit best with this type of lineup.

    Thanks in advance for any help.

  23. #898
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Lost Hex
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Hey, guys, I'm back~

    Now I still haven't really done any competitive battling, but I've decided that I'm going to build a team around Hydreigon.

    I still have Frenzy, my Lv. 67, docile-natured Hydreigon. His moveset is Dragon Pulse, Thief, Draco Meteor, and Dragon Rush. His stats are HP 210/Atk. 19/Def. 145/Sp. Atk. 175/Sp. Def. 128/Spd. 140. Good endurance.

    I also have a Lv. 31, serious-natured Deino with Slam, Dragonbreath, Dragon Tail, and Crunch. HP 75/Atk.50/Def.36/Sp. Atk. 40/Sp. Def. 37/Spd. 29. Highly curious. I'm planning on evolving her if she works better.

    Which one would work better? Or should I keep breeding? What natures work best? Is there a certain Pokemon I should breed a Hydreigon with? I have lots of questions since I'm not entirely familiar with all this EV/IV/nature stuff.

    EDIT: Oh, and of course, recommend any other Pokemon I should use. :3
    Last edited by Xerneltal; 24th November 2013 at 9:39 PM.


    Shinies:



  24. #899
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    on the chair behind my pc
    Posts
    24

    Default

    ok well im a evee team lover and i play competitive pokemon
    i have a tournament soon and my im unsure of my team
    yet i have
    vaporeon flareon
    espeon leafeon
    umbreon jolteon

  25. #900
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Can anybody tell me if this team is good for 4th Gen?
    Bold Blissey (leftovers)
    Soft Boiled
    Aromatherapy
    Ice Beam
    Psychic
    Modest Forretress (Leftovers)
    Stealth Rock
    Spikes
    Toxic Spikes
    Waterfall
    Lonely Shuckle (King's Rock)
    Power Trick
    Stone Edge
    Trick Room
    Withdraw
    Modest Alakazam (Focus Sash)
    Psychic
    Recover
    Shadow Ball
    Charge Beam
    Hardy Ninjask w/Speed Boost (Focus Sash)
    Baton Pass
    Earthquake
    Swords Dance
    Bug Buzz
    Spiritomb w/Wonder Guard (Leftovers)
    Taunt
    Ice Beam
    Flamethrower
    Thunderbolt

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •