Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Building Help Thread

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    Hey, I'm making a OU offensive team on a deadly sweeper who is actually in UU:

Yanmega@ Choice Specs
    Modest | Tinted Lens
    252 SpA | 252 Spe | 4 Def
    ~Air Slash
    ~Bug Buzz
    ~U Turn
    ~Giga Drain/HP Ground

Yes, the mighty Yanmega. Tinted Lens means that you do not want to be hit by a not very effective move. Choice Specs adds on the Pain. Bug Buzz 2HKOs Heatran and Skarmory. We don't need coverage.

Only Problem: We're weak to Stealth Rock.
    Yawnmega is both frail, weak to rocks, and can't set up rocks.

Donphan.

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 Def
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rapid Spin
    - Ice Shard
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

-Alex

Fair enough, thanks. I was unsure what spinner I should use. Could you reccomend some decent team members?

I want to make a hail team. Any suggestions?

Looking for an LC Tutor! Requirements:
    - 6 month minimum experience
    - Appropriate ladder points (1250pts+)
    - PO for communication
    - Must have acceptable schedule

If you have any questions, PM/VM me.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBO PIKA View Post
    Well, your will want Abomasnow. And Mamoswine would be a good choice. Frosslass with Spikes, D-Bond, Ice Beam and Hail (for back up) might work.

Quote Originally Posted by cooloolcool View Post
    Well, your will want Abomasnow. And Mamoswine would be a good choice. Frosslass with Spikes, D-Bond, Ice Beam and Hail (for back up) might work.
    You'll also want someone to counter Fire types and Fighting types. Reuniclus is good, as is Jellicent (for walling them anyway).

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

I was thinking about Chandelure who is immune to Fighting and Fire (Flash Fire), but he also is weak to SR.

Looking for an LC Tutor! Requirements:
    - 6 month minimum experience
    - Appropriate ladder points (1250pts+)
    - PO for communication
    - Must have acceptable schedule

If you have any questions, PM/VM me.

I was thinking about Chandelure who is immune to Fighting and Fire (Flash Fire), but he also is weak to SR.
    For a hail team? I guess it can work. You're definatly gonna want a spinner on this tean.

Fair enough, thanks. I was unsure what spinner I should use. Could you reccomend some decent team members?
    Rotom-W @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Pain Split
    - Will-O-Wisp

Starmie @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Thunderbolt
    - Rapid Spin
    - Ice Beam

Yanmega (M) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Tinted Lens
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Air Slash
    - Bug Buzz
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power [Ground]

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Lava Plume
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic
    - Protect
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

-Alex

So I'm thinking of Running a team with Seviper. I would like it to be a RU team. So I have two main questions. What is Seviper's best teammates? And can Seviper go Mixed?

Never mind!
    Last edited by cooloolcool; 4th May 2012 at 5:48 AM.

Thanks! I'll probably run Rotom W, and make the team around that.

Hey guys, I've never battled competitively before, and this team is going to be my first team. I'm trying to make it a UU sun team, and I need to figure out which Pokemon I should teach Sunny Day. I know most of the pokemon I want to be on the team, I just don't have everything figured out yet.

Victini is the only Pokemon I have complete, except for an item:
    Victini@?
    Adamant nature
    252 attack/252 speed
    Victory Star ability
    V-Create
    Fusion Bolt
    U-Turn
    Zen Headbutt

Lilligant@?
    Modest nature
    ?EVs
    Chlorophyll ability

Blastoise@?
    ?nature
    ?EVs
    Torrent ability
    Rapid Spin

Chandelure

Darmanitan

The last spot is uncertain, although I was thinkining maybe Roserade for entry hazards.

Anyway, I'm kind of far away from finishing this, but this is the kind of team I have my hear set on for now. Does anybody know of these which I should teach Sunny Day and use as an opener?

Try using Muk as a sunny day user. They won't expect it and it will counter the biggest threats you have for this team, other sun abusers like chlorophil users and the like. Use this set if you want
    Muk
    Item: Black Sludge
    Ability: Sticky Hold/(Poison touch when it comes out!)
    Venoshock
    Toxic
    Substitute
    Disable
    Toxic plus sub/disable is very frustrating for your oponent to try and kill with almost anything. Venoshock is there for stab and it does mega damage on a foe who is already poisoned. Black Sludge restores your Hp so you can keep Subing. Its kinda like a set that Gengar would use. To bad Gengar is OU.

^^^ Where does Sunny Day go on that set? Chandelure and Victini are too frail to set up Sun, so how about Bronzong/Claydol? Claydol sets up Sun, and can spin away hazards, as well as set up a screen. 2 if you're bold (not the nature) but then you're taunt weak. Bronzong has better defences, but then gets a boost to its Fire Weakness. Here're 2 good sets:

Bronzong@ Heat Rock
    Relaxed/Sassy | Levitate
    252 HP | 252 Def/SpD | 4 SpD/Def
    ~Gyro Ball
    ~Sunny Day
    ~Stealth Rock
    ~Rest/Toxic/Earthquake/Explosion

Claydol@ Heat Rock
    Relaxed/Bold | Levitate
    252 HP | 252 Def | 4 SpD
    ~Stealth Rock
    ~Rapid Spin/Toxic
    ~Sunny Day
    ~Earthquake/Earth Power

There you go!

^^^ Where does Sunny Day go on that set
    Woops! Meant to put it in instead of disable but then saw the sub/disable thing and went for it....... second embarrassing thing I've done today...

It's alright. Nice idea though, as Muk has some decent defences.

You guys are too kind, thank you for the help! I'm of course open to any other comments and criticisms you have!

No problem dude. Thats what this thread is for! Good luck with your team!

Yeah, good luck!

For your team I reccomend anything that has Ice Body or Snow Cloak. As for Rapid Spinners Cryogonal and Cloyster might be good. Cloyster can be a bit of a threat and a sub breaker with its skill link and constant barrage of attacks. Cryogonal is pretty fast. Both of which don't get hurt by hail. As for Chandelure... Not sure. You may want Reuniclus. Chandelure's fine I guess since it covers both weaknesses but Reuniclus doesn't get hurt by hail like Chandelure does and you have fighting covered if you use a Froslass.
    My Black Friend Code is 4770 6733 5678

Click the banner to check out The Phantom Legacy
    Join us on The Phantom Legacy Xat

Come trade with me! PM me for offers.
    Be sure to check out Serpentine's Breeding Shop

So I'm new to the competitive scene, and I need some help.

I really want to build a team around Swift Swim Armaldo,

So here's the Armaldo

Armaldo @ Choice Band
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Jolly Nature
    40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
    - X-Scissor
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Aerial Ace
    .:. With both Jolly nature and 216 Speed EVs, it'll reach its max of 198 speed,
    396 in rain, which just barely outpaces the ones with base 130 speed. 252 Attack EVs is obvious,
    and the rest are put into HP to just get some bulk on it. I chose Choice Band to boost its power
    even more, and it'll be a sweeper most likely, something late-game maybe.
    X scissor and Stone Edge are STABs, with Earthquake covering Steel, rock and electric types,
    and Aerial Ace to cover fighting types. But honestly I think I could use a better set, so any suggestions
    can be considered

and since I'm using Swift Swim, rain is a must. I'm not planning on using this in terms of tiers, just for
    Standard play, so I don't acknowledge the Drizzle+Swift Swim ban. On top of that, I believe that the
    ban was put on because most of the pokemon with swift swim also get the STAB rain boosted water moves,
    neither of which is the case for Armaldo.

So I'm running a support Poli,

Politoed @ Leftovers
    Ability: Drizzle
    Bold nature
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
    - Scald
    - Toxic
    - Protect
    - Perish Song
    .:. The physically bulky version. Scald for rain boosted STAB, Toxic and Perish Song work to pHaze
    opponents out and so I'll probably get some entry hazards in. Protect to get toxic damage, scout, and
    leftovers recovery.

so that's my team so far. Entry hazards will probably come from a Ferrothorn I have, which can lay down Spikes and rocks.
    thanks for the help in advance!
    Pokemon White Version:
    Name - Shiri
    Chat name - TNTturtle
    FC - 0346 9068 2458
        Spoiler:- Current DWFs for trade:

Emerald monotype run #1: DARK Uprising (6 Princes of Hell) - full team at 12 hrs
    Lucifer (39) Belphagor (41) Mammon (38) Beelzebub (34) Leviathan (35) Asmodeus (39)

Quote Originally Posted by terrytorterra View Post

So here's the Armaldo

Armaldo @ Choice Band
    Jolly Nature
    - X-Scissor
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Aerial Ace
    396 in rain, which just barely outpaces the ones with base 130 speed. 252 Attack EVs is obvious,
    and the rest are put into HP to just get some bulk on it. I chose Choice Band to boost its power
    X scissor and Stone Edge are STABs, with Earthquake covering Steel, rock and electric types,
    and Aerial Ace to cover fighting types. But honestly I think I could use a better set, so any suggestions
    can be considered

and since I'm using Swift Swim, rain is a must. I'm not planning on using this in terms of tiers, just for
    Standard play, so I don't acknowledge the Drizzle+Swift Swim ban. On top of that, I believe that the
    ban was put on because most of the pokemon with swift swim also get the STAB rain boosted water moves,

Politoed @ Leftovers
    Bold nature
    - Scald
    - Toxic
    - Protect
    - Perish Song
    .:. The physically bulky version. Scald for rain boosted STAB, Toxic and Perish Song work to pHaze
    opponents out and so I'll probably get some entry hazards in. Protect to get toxic damage, scout, and
    leftovers recovery.

so that's my team so far. Entry hazards will probably come from a Ferrothorn I have, which can lay down Spikes and rocks.
    sorry man but drizzle swim is banned competitivly in ou

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

Quote Originally Posted by terrytorterra View Post

So here's the Armaldo

Armaldo @ Choice Band
    Jolly Nature
    - X-Scissor
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Aerial Ace
    can be considered

It still counts with or without stab. It's like saying Arceus-Ice is okay in OU, just because of it's undesirable typing.

Politoed @ Leftovers
    Bold nature
    - Scald
    - Toxic
    - Protect
    - Perish Song
    leftovers recovery.

You'll only be able to use this team in ubers because of Armaldo. So pick Kyogre > Politoed, and Kingdra or Floatzel, or even Ludicolo > Armaldo.

-Alex

You'll only be able to use this team in ubers because of Armaldo. So pick Kyogre > Politoed, and Kingdra or Floatzel, or even Ludicolo > Armaldo.
    Floatzel? Why suggest that? It's pretty bad as far as swift swimmers go, and even lacks a good set up move(it isn't defensive enough to effectively run bulk up). It also doesn't need rain to be fast. I'd rather use Kabutops, or like you said, Kingdra.

And you really want to use Armaldo, it needs to hit as hard as possible. So, it should take advantage of it's defense stat and use Swords Dance > Aerial Ace.

As Alex said, the swift swim and drizzle combo is banned. Unless you're using PO tiers, but I'm not sure about that.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 6th May 2012 at 10:47 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Floatzel? Why suggest that? It's pretty bad as far as swift swimmers go, and even lacks a good set up move(it isn't defensive enough to effectively run bulk up). It also doesn't need rain to be fast. I'd rather use Kabutops, or like you said, Kingdra.

And you really want to use Armaldo, it needs to hit as hard as possible. So, it should take advantage of it's defense stat and use Swords Dance > Aerial Ace.

As Alex said, the swift swim and drizzle combo is banned. Unless you're using PO tiers, but I'm not sure about that.
    I beleive floatzel has A switcheroo (shenanigans with choice items) B base 105 attack and 115 speed (decent attack, but speedy enough to beat anything)

But i would still go kingdra/kabutops. kabutops can spin and SR at speed, as well as other fun stuff.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Okay, I don't need a whole team, just need a good move set for Shaymin Sky. Please help me!

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast