Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: A Clubsplosion of Excitement! (733)

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    ...Just a little bit creeped out by how many people are obsessed with seeing *insert disliked character* get beaten/make mistakes/humiliated. Really? That's where you get your satisfaction from when watching this show? Deciding who deserves it the most, then clasping your hands in delight when it comes true? Feeling like the day's saved when a ten-year-old, or at the most, sixteen-year-old fictional kid gets their face kicked?
    That's the only reason why I'm here to be honest.

But to be quite honest, I'm very upset that Trip lost; not because Bianca defeated him, but because he continues to become more and more weak/irrelevant as this series progresses. I was also upset about Cilan and Pansage; why is it that Cilan only wins a battle when he's using his Crustle? I just really dislike the writers and their favoritism. As for Iris and Excadrill, I hope that people stop complaining about them now that they've lost. It seems like everyone thinks of them as being invincible, but that's obviously not true.

Cilan needs to shut up to claim all victories.

...He was explaining everything he did in battle as always, didn't he?

Never alone, together forever. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Nope, Cilan didn't get to do his tasting because Stephan interrupted it by having Sawk use Karate Chop on Pansage. Cilan lost because Sawk is a strong opponent, Stephan didn't need Cilan to explain his battle style.

I find it hilarious that Graham Aker is pushing for Iris to learn humility and get "proper development" since she's "had so little", when his userpic is of Paul, who just might be the poster child for bad character development in the Pokemon anime, with a smugass smirk on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I'm very upset that Trip lost; not because Bianca defeated him, but because he continues to become more and more weak/irrelevant as this series progresses.
    I've said it before, so here it is again: if Trip had WON and won frequently, people would call foul because he's a being a Paul clone and "too invincible for a rookie trainer".

I don't buy that Trip is becoming weak and irrelevant at all; his character is developing naturally. This fandom just has a ridiculous ingrained bias against him.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 2nd April 2012 at 2:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    I find it hilarious that Graham Aker is pushing for Iris to learn humility and get "proper development" since she's "had so little", when his userpic is of Paul, who just might be the poster child for bad character development in the Pokemon anime, with a smugass smirk on his face.
    That doesn't make Iris any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    That doesn't make Iris any better.
    It's not a matter of whether Iris is any better or not.

If you're flaunting a userpic of PAUL, then you yourself have no grounds to say anyone needs development or has to learn humility.

Well to be fair Paul is a rival. It is a bit weird to have an overconfident character on the main cast...so that can (depending on the person) can make some uncomfortable. Kind of funny that Dento/Iris/Trip/Langely/Cabernet have all been shown to be a bit cocky xD isn't it funny how they show Americans (I've heard from people that we seem a bit prideful)? xD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Yikes Pansage and Excadrill got murdered out there.

The Bisharp vs Emboar battle was way too bloody short for the title match of the whole episode, come on writers really.

I wonder whos gonna win the tournement *rolls eyes*

Stephan wins the tournement. The end. Thats why he pwned cilan
    3ds Fc: 3394-3692-8190
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Your-Pokemon!

I haveth Claimed the Almighty Rhyperior

I AM BACK!

Credit to Bekidding

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Um, yes, Iris did exactly that during the Don Battles. She also actively chased down her victim. She has a very, very nasty mean streak, which is, an inherently malicious trait.

Outside of that, I'm willing to agree.

Iris identity theft stunt to humiliate Georgia on actual film (let's not forget Luke is actually trying to get his films produced) is deeply immoral and an actual, quite severe criminal act. Had she not been 10, she could have served jailtime for it.
    Um. No. You're taking this show far too seriously. She's ten. She was teasing, and Georgia teased back. Just because Georgia is your favourite character (who has done her fair share of teasing) doesn't mean that Iris is evil.

These forums sometimes...

I really, really like the Georgia/Burgundy duo. Especially Burgundy with her blue "I'm-in-such-a-bad-mood" aura, wishing for irrational things like curses or that nobody wins the championship. Even Georgia was disturbed... only to join her later after she lost as well 8D They both look so cute in pouting mode.
    Agreed, I've always loved those two. I wish they'd appear outside of the tournaments though :/ I also love how they seem (to me, at least) to be portrayed as good friends because their rivals travel together. They're always shown eating together, and they're a great duo.

I find it hilarious that you're entire argument is based on a member's avatar. Grasping for straws, much?

I don't buy that Trip is becoming weak and irrelevant at all; his character is developing naturally.
    You say that Paul had no development at all, yet you say that Trip does? Trip has done very little in the anime so far. The only time he got anything in regards to development was with Alder. And you seriously think that that is more than Paul? Obviously, Trip hasn't finished his run on the show, but I remember Paul having a hell of a lot of development. His brother, Chimchar, his training methods, gradually gaining respect for Ash and Infernape, his loss to Brandon... no development?

This fandom just has a ridiculous ingrained bias against him.
    And you have ridiculous ingrained bias towards him.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    Um. No. You're taking this show far too seriously. She's ten.
    Doesn't change a thing, since bullying can start in kindergarten. And I mean actual bullying, not teasing. Age isn't a good enough excuse. It's lightens it a little, though.
    But when the show doesn't portray it as wrong? That's a problem.

She was teasing, and Georgia teased back.
    I've made my point about the FILM stunt clear enough. That goes beyond mere teasing. If someone makes it REALLY clear that they don't appreciate something, you don't put it on film that's planned to be produced. That crosses into bully territory.

Just because Georgia is your favourite character (who has done her fair share of teasing) doesn't mean that Iris is evil.
    Stephan is my favorite, not Georgia. I see you judge people by their sigs/avatar as well...

These forums sometimes...
    Stop it with the patronizing remarks, you are as bad as anyone else here.
    Help spread the Dragonbuster Love!
    Hail to Saint Georgia!

Whoa whoa people calm down. Its just a cartoon.

Man this fandom can get so crazy at times.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    snip
    I can't believe that you are actually arguing this. Iris is not an evil bully, the two are rivals. It's meant to be funny, it's a children's show for christ's sake. You talk about her "chasing down her victim" and claim that her teasing with a shape-shifting fox is identity theft and that she could be sent to jail. This is a children's anime; things like this happen all of the time in that world, and it's not evil bullying.

And lest we forget, Georgia has done her fair share of teasing. She claims that Iris isn't a real dragon master, she ate the groups breakfast (she stole, she could be arrested!), she told Cilan to cook better next time, and she's regularly shown herself to be a sore loser, blaming her losses on other things. She is not some sort of victim being harassed by Iris, as you put it; they're rivals.

I honestly cannot fathom how you came to these conclusions that Iris is malicious and hunts own Georgia, but oh well.

Stephan is my favorite, not Georgia. I see you judge people by their sigs/avatar as well...
    I am not judging you solely based on you avatar, I said that because a) you "hail" langley b) you regularly talk about her in threads and c) you jump to ridiculous conclusions about a ten year old in an anime being evil because she teased her.

Stop it with the patronizing remarks, you are as bad as anyone else here.
    Well as far as I know I've never claimed that Iris is evil

Can we just end this argument here, please? Things are not only getting too strained, but the discussions about Iris and other characters have become largely unrelated to this specific episode as well. Continue elsewhere if you like, but as far as this thread is concerned, let's focus on what happened in this episode ^^

Can we just end this argument here, please? Things are not only getting too strained, but the discussions about Iris and other characters have become largely unrelated to this specific episode as well. Continue elsewhere if you like, but as far as this thread is concerned, let's focus on what happened in this episode ^^
    I agree, and so in a high hope of changing discussion...

WHO THOUGHT SCRAGGY GOT A SWEET WIN THIS EPISODE!?

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    WHO THOUGHT SCRAGGY GOT A SWEET WIN THIS EPISODE!?
    Oops. I forgot that Scraggy battled in this episode; I was too busy paying attention to Emboar and Bisharp to even noticve. But I'll be completely honest: I'm not here for his DEM victory.

Oops. I forgot that Scraggy battled in this episode; I was too busy paying attention to Emboar and Bisharp to even noticve.
    Really?

That battle was over in two seconds, i suppose it's vice versa for me since Scraggy's battle was awesome, aswell as Excadrill vs Throh and Conkledurr vs Emboar.
    Last edited by Haunter ゴースト; 2nd April 2012 at 7:11 PM.

Oops. I forgot that Scraggy battled in this episode; I was too busy paying attention to Emboar and Bisharp to even noticve. But I'll be completely honest: I'm not here for his DEM victory.
    That's because he's the smallest Pokemon of the main characters. If he was bigger, you would have probably noticed him over all the others.

My ideal battle ever!

No, it's not about that any more. I'm willing to bet some people here are satisfied with certain characters getting knocked down at every chance without them changing - because change has the possibility of removing the source of their complaints which would obviously be horrifying.
    If Cilan changed and grew up behavior-wise I would be able to like him, so at least on my part in this, please stop putting words in my mouth.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Did Bianca's Emboar used Fling on Conkeldurr.
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    If Cilan changed and grew up behavior-wise I would be able to like him, so at least on my part in this, please stop putting words in my mouth.
    1) I said to drop it. 2) It seems pretty telling if someone takes a general statement about the general development of this thread personally when their own post was buried somewhere in the previous pages and it's not even clear whether I've read it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by amittal12 View Post
    Did Bianca's Emboar used Fling on Conkeldurr.
    Yes.
    Last edited by Sushi; 3rd April 2012 at 1:00 PM.

Was anyone else disappointed how short most of the 2nd round battles lasted?

I hope poor Langley, got a quick win last round, but a quick loss this round.

Fashionably late, as usual.

-Last time, Bianaca's Emboar forgot that it can jump over rocks. And now it's about to pay for it!...or not, since the power of BELIEVING IN YOURSELF let it stay standing. Or something.
    -Oh, Trip. Why are you so allergic to learning a thing or two by watching the people who beat you?
    -Haha, Bianca totally just knocked Dento over on purpose.
    -...did the announcer just call Dento "The Green Warrior?" Too bad all the fancy titles in the world won't help him against an opponent that actually interrupts his Tasting Times!
    -And then Dento gets knocked over by Pansage being knocked back. Guy can't catch a break today.
    -Ash, would it kill you to make sure your Pokemon can aim their new moves before using them in tournament battles?
    -Langley's Bisharp VS Bianca's Emboar. That's...pretty much the worst possible matchup Langley could ever face I mean jesus christ. And of course, she loses. Although I guess it's impressive enough that Langley got her Bisharp anywhere in a tournament meant for a type it's 4x weak to.
    -I think the announcer just called Iris "the girl that knows the hearts of dragons"(which is her in-game title, for the unaware). Neat! ..and Langley just complains to everyone that Iris isn't even using a Dragon type for the tournament.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Was anyone else disappointed how short most of the 2nd round battles lasted?
    I hope poor Langley, got a quick win last round, but a quick loss this round.
    They really felt short and rushed in this episode. It felt like Emboar vs Conkeldurr got the best showing of the battles in this episode, and it was a continuation...

Although short, they were definitely exciting to watch.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    They really felt short and rushed in this episode. It felt like Emboar vs Conkeldurr got the best showing of the battles in this episode, and it was a continuation...

Although short, they were definitely exciting to watch.
    The reason Bel's fight as a whole was decent and of decent length, was due to it still being Round 1, not one of these rushed Round 2 ones.

Only part I disliked was his learning/usage of Fling, but I guess it leaves better moves to Ash's.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast