Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 335

Thread: A Clubsplosion of Excitement! (733)

  1. #251
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ba Sing Se
    Posts
    42,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    ...Just a little bit creeped out by how many people are obsessed with seeing *insert disliked character* get beaten/make mistakes/humiliated. Really? That's where you get your satisfaction from when watching this show? Deciding who deserves it the most, then clasping your hands in delight when it comes true? Feeling like the day's saved when a ten-year-old, or at the most, sixteen-year-old fictional kid gets their face kicked?
    That's the only reason why I'm here to be honest.

    But to be quite honest, I'm very upset that Trip lost; not because Bianca defeated him, but because he continues to become more and more weak/irrelevant as this series progresses. I was also upset about Cilan and Pansage; why is it that Cilan only wins a battle when he's using his Crustle? I just really dislike the writers and their favoritism. As for Iris and Excadrill, I hope that people stop complaining about them now that they've lost. It seems like everyone thinks of them as being invincible, but that's obviously not true.

  2. #252

    Default

    Cilan needs to shut up to claim all victories.

    ...He was explaining everything he did in battle as always, didn't he?

    Never alone, together forever. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Nope, Cilan didn't get to do his tasting because Stephan interrupted it by having Sawk use Karate Chop on Pansage. Cilan lost because Sawk is a strong opponent, Stephan didn't need Cilan to explain his battle style.

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    I find it hilarious that Graham Aker is pushing for Iris to learn humility and get "proper development" since she's "had so little", when his userpic is of Paul, who just might be the poster child for bad character development in the Pokemon anime, with a smugass smirk on his face.

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I'm very upset that Trip lost; not because Bianca defeated him, but because he continues to become more and more weak/irrelevant as this series progresses.
    I've said it before, so here it is again: if Trip had WON and won frequently, people would call foul because he's a being a Paul clone and "too invincible for a rookie trainer".

    I don't buy that Trip is becoming weak and irrelevant at all; his character is developing naturally. This fandom just has a ridiculous ingrained bias against him.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 2nd April 2012 at 2:47 AM.

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    I find it hilarious that Graham Aker is pushing for Iris to learn humility and get "proper development" since she's "had so little", when his userpic is of Paul, who just might be the poster child for bad character development in the Pokemon anime, with a smugass smirk on his face.
    That doesn't make Iris any better.

  6. #256
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    That doesn't make Iris any better.
    It's not a matter of whether Iris is any better or not.

    If you're flaunting a userpic of PAUL, then you yourself have no grounds to say anyone needs development or has to learn humility.

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    I find it hilarious that Graham Aker is pushing for Iris to learn humility and get "proper development" since she's "had so little", when his userpic is of Paul, who just might be the poster child for bad character development in the Pokemon anime, with a smugass smirk on his face.
    Well to be fair Paul is a rival. It is a bit weird to have an overconfident character on the main cast...so that can (depending on the person) can make some uncomfortable. Kind of funny that Dento/Iris/Trip/Langely/Cabernet have all been shown to be a bit cocky xD isn't it funny how they show Americans (I've heard from people that we seem a bit prideful)? xD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  8. #258
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    568

    Default

    Yikes Pansage and Excadrill got murdered out there.

    The Bisharp vs Emboar battle was way too bloody short for the title match of the whole episode, come on writers really.

  9. #259
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    In your worst nightmare
    Posts
    186

    Default

    I wonder whos gonna win the tournement *rolls eyes*

    Stephan wins the tournement. The end. Thats why he pwned cilan
    3ds Fc: 3394-3692-8190
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Your-Pokemon!

    I haveth Claimed the Almighty Rhyperior

    I AM BACK!

    Credit to Bekidding

  10. #260
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever *****s go
    Posts
    5,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Um, yes, Iris did exactly that during the Don Battles. She also actively chased down her victim. She has a very, very nasty mean streak, which is, an inherently malicious trait.

    Outside of that, I'm willing to agree.

    Iris identity theft stunt to humiliate Georgia on actual film (let's not forget Luke is actually trying to get his films produced) is deeply immoral and an actual, quite severe criminal act. Had she not been 10, she could have served jailtime for it.
    Um. No. You're taking this show far too seriously. She's ten. She was teasing, and Georgia teased back. Just because Georgia is your favourite character (who has done her fair share of teasing) doesn't mean that Iris is evil.

    These forums sometimes...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    I really, really like the Georgia/Burgundy duo. Especially Burgundy with her blue "I'm-in-such-a-bad-mood" aura, wishing for irrational things like curses or that nobody wins the championship. Even Georgia was disturbed... only to join her later after she lost as well 8D They both look so cute in pouting mode.
    .
    Agreed, I've always loved those two. I wish they'd appear outside of the tournaments though :/ I also love how they seem (to me, at least) to be portrayed as good friends because their rivals travel together. They're always shown eating together, and they're a great duo.

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    I find it hilarious that Graham Aker is pushing for Iris to learn humility and get "proper development" since she's "had so little", when his userpic is of Paul, who just might be the poster child for bad character development in the Pokemon anime, with a smugass smirk on his face.
    I find it hilarious that you're entire argument is based on a member's avatar. Grasping for straws, much?

    I don't buy that Trip is becoming weak and irrelevant at all; his character is developing naturally.
    You say that Paul had no development at all, yet you say that Trip does? Trip has done very little in the anime so far. The only time he got anything in regards to development was with Alder. And you seriously think that that is more than Paul? Obviously, Trip hasn't finished his run on the show, but I remember Paul having a hell of a lot of development. His brother, Chimchar, his training methods, gradually gaining respect for Ash and Infernape, his loss to Brandon... no development?

    This fandom just has a ridiculous ingrained bias against him.
    And you have ridiculous ingrained bias towards him.

  11. #261
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    Um. No. You're taking this show far too seriously. She's ten.
    Doesn't change a thing, since bullying can start in kindergarten. And I mean actual bullying, not teasing. Age isn't a good enough excuse. It's lightens it a little, though.
    But when the show doesn't portray it as wrong? That's a problem.


    Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    She was teasing, and Georgia teased back.
    I've made my point about the FILM stunt clear enough. That goes beyond mere teasing. If someone makes it REALLY clear that they don't appreciate something, you don't put it on film that's planned to be produced. That crosses into bully territory.

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    Just because Georgia is your favourite character (who has done her fair share of teasing) doesn't mean that Iris is evil.
    Stephan is my favorite, not Georgia. I see you judge people by their sigs/avatar as well...

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    These forums sometimes...
    Stop it with the patronizing remarks, you are as bad as anyone else here.
    Help spread the Dragonbuster Love!
    Hail to Saint Georgia!


  12. #262
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    568

    Default

    Whoa whoa people calm down. Its just a cartoon.

    Man this fandom can get so crazy at times.

  13. #263
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever *****s go
    Posts
    5,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    snip
    I can't believe that you are actually arguing this. Iris is not an evil bully, the two are rivals. It's meant to be funny, it's a children's show for christ's sake. You talk about her "chasing down her victim" and claim that her teasing with a shape-shifting fox is identity theft and that she could be sent to jail. This is a children's anime; things like this happen all of the time in that world, and it's not evil bullying.

    And lest we forget, Georgia has done her fair share of teasing. She claims that Iris isn't a real dragon master, she ate the groups breakfast (she stole, she could be arrested!), she told Cilan to cook better next time, and she's regularly shown herself to be a sore loser, blaming her losses on other things. She is not some sort of victim being harassed by Iris, as you put it; they're rivals.

    I honestly cannot fathom how you came to these conclusions that Iris is malicious and hunts own Georgia, but oh well.

    Stephan is my favorite, not Georgia. I see you judge people by their sigs/avatar as well...
    I am not judging you solely based on you avatar, I said that because a) you "hail" langley b) you regularly talk about her in threads and c) you jump to ridiculous conclusions about a ten year old in an anime being evil because she teased her.

    Stop it with the patronizing remarks, you are as bad as anyone else here.
    Well as far as I know I've never claimed that Iris is evil

  14. #264
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Where World Champions Live
    Posts
    2,618

    Default

    Can we just end this argument here, please? Things are not only getting too strained, but the discussions about Iris and other characters have become largely unrelated to this specific episode as well. Continue elsewhere if you like, but as far as this thread is concerned, let's focus on what happened in this episode ^^

  15. #265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Can we just end this argument here, please? Things are not only getting too strained, but the discussions about Iris and other characters have become largely unrelated to this specific episode as well. Continue elsewhere if you like, but as far as this thread is concerned, let's focus on what happened in this episode ^^
    I agree, and so in a high hope of changing discussion...

    WHO THOUGHT SCRAGGY GOT A SWEET WIN THIS EPISODE!?

  16. #266
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ba Sing Se
    Posts
    42,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    WHO THOUGHT SCRAGGY GOT A SWEET WIN THIS EPISODE!?
    Oops. I forgot that Scraggy battled in this episode; I was too busy paying attention to Emboar and Bisharp to even noticve. But I'll be completely honest: I'm not here for his DEM victory.

  17. #267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Oops. I forgot that Scraggy battled in this episode; I was too busy paying attention to Emboar and Bisharp to even noticve.
    Really?

    That battle was over in two seconds, i suppose it's vice versa for me since Scraggy's battle was awesome, aswell as Excadrill vs Throh and Conkledurr vs Emboar.
    Last edited by Haunter ゴースト; 2nd April 2012 at 7:11 PM.

  18. #268
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Oops. I forgot that Scraggy battled in this episode; I was too busy paying attention to Emboar and Bisharp to even noticve. But I'll be completely honest: I'm not here for his DEM victory.
    That's because he's the smallest Pokemon of the main characters. If he was bigger, you would have probably noticed him over all the others.

    My ideal battle ever!

  19. #269
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,712

    Default

    No, it's not about that any more. I'm willing to bet some people here are satisfied with certain characters getting knocked down at every chance without them changing - because change has the possibility of removing the source of their complaints which would obviously be horrifying.
    If Cilan changed and grew up behavior-wise I would be able to like him, so at least on my part in this, please stop putting words in my mouth.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  20. #270
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Pokeworld(Nimbasa City)
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Did Bianca's Emboar used Fling on Conkeldurr.
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

  21. #271
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Where World Champions Live
    Posts
    2,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    If Cilan changed and grew up behavior-wise I would be able to like him, so at least on my part in this, please stop putting words in my mouth.
    1) I said to drop it. 2) It seems pretty telling if someone takes a general statement about the general development of this thread personally when their own post was buried somewhere in the previous pages and it's not even clear whether I've read it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by amittal12 View Post
    Did Bianca's Emboar used Fling on Conkeldurr.
    Yes.
    Last edited by Sushi; 3rd April 2012 at 1:00 PM.

  22. #272

    Default

    Was anyone else disappointed how short most of the 2nd round battles lasted?

    I hope poor Langley, got a quick win last round, but a quick loss this round.

  23. #273
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,933

    Default

    Fashionably late, as usual.

    -Last time, Bianaca's Emboar forgot that it can jump over rocks. And now it's about to pay for it!...or not, since the power of BELIEVING IN YOURSELF let it stay standing. Or something.
    -Oh, Trip. Why are you so allergic to learning a thing or two by watching the people who beat you?
    -Haha, Bianca totally just knocked Dento over on purpose.
    -...did the announcer just call Dento "The Green Warrior?" Too bad all the fancy titles in the world won't help him against an opponent that actually interrupts his Tasting Times!
    -And then Dento gets knocked over by Pansage being knocked back. Guy can't catch a break today.
    -Ash, would it kill you to make sure your Pokemon can aim their new moves before using them in tournament battles?
    -Langley's Bisharp VS Bianca's Emboar. That's...pretty much the worst possible matchup Langley could ever face I mean jesus christ. And of course, she loses. Although I guess it's impressive enough that Langley got her Bisharp anywhere in a tournament meant for a type it's 4x weak to.
    -I think the announcer just called Iris "the girl that knows the hearts of dragons"(which is her in-game title, for the unaware). Neat! ..and Langley just complains to everyone that Iris isn't even using a Dragon type for the tournament.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

    Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

  24. #274
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Purplesurge-Unreal IRC servers
    Posts
    6,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Was anyone else disappointed how short most of the 2nd round battles lasted?
    I hope poor Langley, got a quick win last round, but a quick loss this round.
    They really felt short and rushed in this episode. It felt like Emboar vs Conkeldurr got the best showing of the battles in this episode, and it was a continuation...

    Although short, they were definitely exciting to watch.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

    My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

  25. #275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    They really felt short and rushed in this episode. It felt like Emboar vs Conkeldurr got the best showing of the battles in this episode, and it was a continuation...

    Although short, they were definitely exciting to watch.
    The reason Bel's fight as a whole was decent and of decent length, was due to it still being Round 1, not one of these rushed Round 2 ones.

    Only part I disliked was his learning/usage of Fling, but I guess it leaves better moves to Ash's.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •