Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: A Clubsplosion of Excitement! (733)

so Bianca is facing stephan again, and iris finally lost. Hope we get a Sawk vs. Throh final.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Oh noez, Stephone knows Cilan's weakness: Interrupt Evaluation Time. It's a deadly technique against Cilan.

Also, MAN, Georgia got taken down less than a minute it was anti-climatic.
    It was, but if you looked at it from a game battle, the result would have been the same. Fire/Fight Pokemon against a Steel/Dark Type Pokemon... who would win that battle? Exactly. Kind of a cinch for Bianca this time. Neither Georgia's Beartic or Bisharp could outshine Bianca's Emboar in that situation.

It is disappointing for a well and alive character to get robbed out of a match. But what are ya gonna do? It is great to see Bianca showing some competition towards Ash, and showing how far she's come through.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Bye, Trip. We won't be missing you!
    You mean you won't be missing him, not we thank you very much.

Too bad Trip lost the battle tough ? This episode was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    It was, but if you looked at it from a game battle, the result would have been the same. Fire/Fight Pokemon against a Steel/Dark Type Pokemon... who would win that battle?
    Come to think of it, she didn't face a Fighting type before facing Emboar. Girl doesn't know what's BASIC anymore.

Apparently my iPod now recognizes 'clubsplosion' as an autocorrect word.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Wow. I honestly never thought I'd see Fling used in the anime. What with the lack of hold items and all.

And Trip didn't get to face Ash. That's surprising. Though Ash would obviously lose for a stupid reason since he's not allowed to beat his rival until the league.

Predictions. Stephan, Ash, Bianca, and Throh guy win.

Lol. Interrupting evaluation time. XD

Well, at least they're mixing up how they mispronounce Stephan's name. But Stoovin?

Would it kill the writers to let Focus Blast hit just once in a while?

You know, Leer has been used for a long time, but it's rare for them to address the fact that it actually does anything.

Got all 4 right. Is there a point to these tournaments if they're so easy to predict? To think we could have had Team Plasma plot. :\

Sawk and Throh are going to the finals. Calling it now.

A fine episode. Cilan messed it up with his evaluation time being interrupted. Bianca is really lucky to get through two rounds, but now...

And Montgomery really means business with his Throh.

Yes! I love Bianca out of all the rivals, I mean who would have thought someone as bubbly as her could be tough? Some may call it luck, but I think Bianca will be tough competition in the future.

I will admit that I feel bad for Trip, but I'd say his weakness is he lacks flexibility, which is why Bianca won since she was able to be flexible by using Fling in a way not expected as well as also taking away Conkeldurr's weapons and using them back on him to take him down.
    "Looks like you're about to get pwned."

I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

This was a pretty good episode with some good battles. I was quite impressed at how easily Throh took down Excadrill.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    This was a pretty good episode with some good battles. I was quite impressed at how easily Throh took down Excadrill.
    That was for plot convenience, remember, this is the pokemon that as a Drilblur beat 99 trainers in a row.......

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ant View Post
    That was for plot convenience, remember, this is the pokemon that as a Drilblur beat 99 trainers in a row.......
    Yeah, which was only added to the story to emphasize on how good of a team Iris and Drilbur were once they started training together.

So Bianca did manage to overcome Trip with Fling of all moves so that was interesting. Meanwhile, Burgandy and Georgia made me laugh today after their losses, it was amusing to see them throw their rattles out the pram as their rivals were successful (even though Iris went out in the same round).

Good to see the semi finalists. All really dominated in their matches, none were close but the semi finals really anticipate to be awesome!

Great episode, and its so fitting to have the episode in a colosseum-esque stadium when the olympics have just begun . On to next saturday!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

None of the battles were even close! Good episode. I can take a good guess at who wins the tournament, but I won't say. The next episode is going to be really heated. I loved how Stoophin interrupted the evaluation time, and how Pansage knocked Cilan down!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

I loved Bianca's use of Fling. Really great example of the move! Have we seen a lot of hold items? I don't remember anything specific, but I think it'd be cool to see things like Sticky Barb applied in battle. Are Krokorok's glasses red Black Glasses? xD

I soooo wish Iris would start developing as a character. She's a DRAGON MASTER IN TRAINING. She looks awesome! She has pkmn with awesome potential! I just want her to be awesome!! ...don't tell me if she gets awesome, though, I don't watch the sub and I try my hardest not to spoil anything for myself. :P

All in all it was a great episode. I like how Georgia is friendlier towards the rest of the group while still being a rival to Iris, and how she's a bit less tolerant of Burgundy now (they seemed to be best mates at the last tournament).

I really enjoyed the battles too, particularly trip vs Bianca. The only thing that annoyed me was Scraggy''s Focus blast. I get that it's supposed to be inaccurate, but they could at least have made it look powerful enough to affect the terrain, rather than looking like a baloon popping.

Also I burst out laughing when Ash said that he "only just figured out" that they were all rivals. I felt sure that Iris would make fun of him for saying something so dumb
    Last edited by cg19293; 30th July 2012 at 11:04 AM.

Well judging by how long all the battles took I get the feeling even the writer's were getting tried of this arc.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Man, I freaking LOVE these episodes. The battles are entertaining at least, but the best part by far is the interaction between all of the characters. Honestly, I think there's more chemistry with the combination of Ash, Iris, Cilan, Bianca, Stephan, Georgia, and Burgundy than any other group of characters before. Georgia and Burgundy are a fantastic comedy duo. They need intensive therapy, but they're fantastic.

Oh, and am I the only one who is disappointed that the narrator pronounced Stephan's name right? And I swear, the tournament announcer called him "Stupid" at one point.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

The actual battles in this episode were kind of short and one-sided, but the interactions between all the characters was excellent. I think the Dub voice actors are really starting to come into their own and understand the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    And I swear, the tournament announcer called him "Stupid" at one point.
    That's because he actually did.

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    Oh, and am I the only one who is disappointed that the narrator pronounced Stephan's name right? And I swear, the tournament announcer called him "Stupid" at one point.
    Steuben.

That's what he said.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Steuben.

That's what he said.
    Steuben? Wow, I think I'd rather be called Stupid :P
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

anyone notice how burgundy and georgia became such good friends

Yeah. It's sorta creepy. o_o

Cant wait till Dawn arrives (:

I wish the extended party were in all the episodes, would be cool if characters also had relationships or something. One can dream...

Err yeh cool episode, how do you actually pronounce Stephans name???

End of post.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast