Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: A Clubsplosion of Excitement! (733)

What did Trip say to Ash after he lost? Also, why does Ash try to start up conversations with people who hate him?
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

I absolutely love this scene with Langley and Burgundy:

http://www.serebii.net/anime/picture...s/733/DP70.jpg
    Last edited by Royal_Qeca; 29th March 2012 at 5:33 PM.

Whoever said Trip was "confirmed" to stay owes me some money...just kidding.

I knew he'd leave again.

I guess everyone who said Bisharp had no chance was right, that was way too one sided, just like Scraggy's going to be next week against Throh.

speaking of which..did Throh use Superpower? has that move been used in the anime before?
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 29th March 2012 at 5:44 PM.

Seen the pictures, kind of bored of always looking at the pictures first, if I wasn't so impatient I would just wait to watch the video but...I'm impatient.

It looks entertaining enough to me.

Nice to see Bianca finally win. Poor Trip though, I hope this leads to something, people have been calling him a "Paul Clone" since the beginning which was ridiculous the two are completely different just like their stories are.

As I figured there was a break after the battle, great for interactions...when you know what's being said. I like that Burgundy and Georgia are hanging around each other more, kind of look like they're friends or something, future double battle Iris and Cilan vs Georgia and Burgundy seems possible enough at this point, hopefully it happens. Did Bianca bump into Cilan?(Hard to tell by the pictures alone), if so then Cilan better watch out...he might be used for the running gag from now on...only he doesn't have water to fall into. Some more Stephan vs Masaomi build up, still don't know what anyone has said.

Sawk vs Pansage was nice, Burgundy is crazy though...she has to just admit she's in love with Cilan already, can't hate what you don't hate :3. Did Stephan cut off Cilan's tasting time?(Again pictures alone make it hard to tell), if so...then Cilan's really get some bad treatment here, being bumped by Bianca, being cut off by Stephan...having Pansage come flying out you...I bet deep down Burgundy was worried Cilan got hurt :P.

Simipour vs Scraggy was also nice. I liked seeing Akkie and Chakkie cheer on their sister. Bakkie still looks weird to me but I hope she and her brothers appear again. So the picture with Iris, Cilan, Axew, and Pikachu was a "face-palming" moment? But...Axew and Pikachu's faces...they look like their in pain...whatever the picture is finally over.

Bisharp vs Emboar seemed a little short, although Emboar did have type advantage, it looked like a nice fight regardless. Bianca's second win. Not sure what Cilan said after, but I'm hoping for something like "Bianca has really grown stronger" or something like that.

Throh vs Excadrill was as I expected, although I did think Excadrill would get at less get one attack in. Georgia was being crazy this time. Kind of confused why Burgundy and Georgia are sulking(Or whatever), do they want Iris and Cilan to succeed to have a stronger rival or something?

Can't wait to see the final matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    speaking of which..did Throh use Superpower? has that move been used in the anime before?
    Yes, by Khoury's Totodile/Croconaw.
    Last edited by gliscor&yanmega; 29th March 2012 at 6:04 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Whoever said Trip was "confirmed" to stay owes me some money...just kidding.

I knew he'd leave again.

I guess everyone who said Bisharp had no chance was right, that was way too one sided, just like Scraggy's going to be next week against Throh.

Khoury's Totodile used Superpower in the episode he caught Gible if from what I remember anyway fun episode the battles were short but good and the interruptions of Cilan's tasting time and Georgia was as funning as seeing both her and Burgundy after their defeat

Edit: Ninja'd
    White FC: 1334 7028 3541
    Black2 FC: 1249 6749 9360
    3DS FC: 1719 4581 9302

This was Bianca's best episode. She got two wins. Now the only one left to get an onscreen victory is Burgundy. I wonder how Thing feels about Bisharp losing so quickly?

Trip looked genuinely upset and I want to know what Georgia and Burgundy commented on Trip and Ash.

Stephan totally killed Cilan and Pansage. I'm kinda glad that not everyone waits until Cilan finishes tasting Time. Sometimes they take way too long, like vs Luke.

Georgia and Burgundy are like BFF and I love it! BW has a set of great characters even that Masaomi jerk is interesting.

I care about the battles but seeing these rival interactions is amusing too. XD
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 29th March 2012 at 6:37 PM.

Gosh I'm loving this tournament, Scraggy is getting stronger, Bianca is winning battles, Burgundy is still after Cilan, Burgundy and Georgia are hilarious. Oh and the interrupted Tasting Time is just gold, I thought for sure it was gonna be another long monologue like when he battled Luke. Nothing against the guy but jeez, learn to talk less XP

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by Venomfang View Post
    What did Trip say to Ash after he lost? Also, why does Ash try to start up conversations with people who hate him?
    Because that's what he does. Watch the show from the beginning.

My ideal battle ever!

I don't really get how Dento's Tasting Time being interrupted is that funny :/ I don't even think he reacted...(though I didn't see it just the pics)

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I also liked that Satoshi is continuosly training Scraggy with Focus Blast in the tournament on top of it getting some battles.
    It's good to see Ash working with his Pokemon more. This was a smart move then just fooling around.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    I don't really get how Dento's Tasting Time being interrupted is that funny :/ I don't even think he reacted...(though I didn't see it just the pics)
    It's funny because he didn't get to finish it. LOL, it's completely understandable Stephan did what he did because he was impatient, I would have done the same thing. battle, don't sparkle! XD

Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    It's funny because he didn't get to finish it. LOL, it's completely understandable Stephan did what he did because he was impatient, I would have done the same thing. battle, don't sparkle! XD
    But he didn't react...it would have been funny to me if I saw Dento sulk/O-O;/>.<;/ >.>

Ok fine..I guess it's funny but not something that I find hilarious. I guess it's because I lurv Dento's sparklez. THEY CUT OFF HIS MAMO-LOGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    tumblr|fanfiction

I loved that part simply because talking during the battles have always been a sore spot with me(Brock and Reggie during the Full Battle in Sinnoh was annoying as ****). While Cilan's babbling is a lot funnier, it was nice to see it happen.
    Help spread the Dragonbuster Love!
    Hail to Saint Georgia!

I wish people wouldn't take Cilan's catch phrase so seriously. He doesn't have to say it every episode. I'm glad that someone stopped him for a change.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    I loved that part simply because talking during the battles have always been a sore spot with me(Brock and Reggie during the Full Battle in Sinnoh was annoying as ****). While Cilan's babbling is a lot funnier, it was nice to see it happen.
    Well that is annoying with Brock....and....Reggie Reggie is almost God status so it hurts to say that one Dento's babbling is supposed to be funny. XD I kind of like how he goes on and on (as it annoys Iris)...though it would be awesome if it was because he was shy/awkward when he was younger....like you have those people who rarely talk but when they do it's a Meowth Full :P You have to wonder though..why DIDN'T anyone cut him off before it was his voice that echoes in your soul X3

It would have been epic if Barry cut him off...I could picture Pod cutting him off too. Corn would jsut have that w.> face and wait patiently for him to finish. xDDDD

tumblr|fanfiction

Kinda disappointed with Cabernet's appearance, I mean she hasn't really changed or developed. If Langley can mature, why can't she? I at least hope she'll show some development that sticks next episode.

Dageki looks awesome, his martial arts skills are always a treat. I'm so glad Kenyan might win the Donamite, he deserves it given how entertaining he is and his training he's done with Dageki. Zuruggu can't leave a scratch on Nageki, which does make it seems very very powerful, but I guess it's a martial artist for a martial artist an eye for an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    I hope this leads to something, people have been calling him a "Paul Clone" since the beginning which was ridiculous the two are completely different just like their stories are.
    Thank you. Aside from some superficial physical similarities, Paul and Trip have little in common. Trip is very blatantly a Cheren stand-in, just like Paul was a Silver stand-in (though in Sinnoh instead of Johto.) Trip's got his own personality and storyline, and the constant comparasions to Paul, particularly the ones used to put Trip down, are vey tiring.

Personally, I'm really glad Trip left out of depression this time, rather than out of arrogance like in the Don Battle. It makes his decision to leave more sympathetic than irritating.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 29th March 2012 at 7:57 PM.

I wouldn't say that Langley has matured, her interactions with Iris are the same as always. Langley has improved her Pokemon and gotten stronger, but that's her Pokemon maturing.

Cabernet has the unfortunate affect of having Dento be her rival, it's like with May and Drew and how she was striving to catch him. It's just a part of Cabernet's nature, she doesn't take criticism that well, especially from Dento. She did mature and mellow somewhat though, she does listen to Dento and she doesn't go telling everyone to get rid of their Pokemon. I think that's some growth, as little as it might be. It's just more fun to exploit her animosity with Dento is all, if she suddenly just started liking the guy she'd be pretty boring tbf.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    I wouldn't say that Langley has matured, her interactions with Iris are the same as always. Langley has improved her Pokemon and gotten stronger, but that's her Pokemon maturing.
    Actually you'll notice throughout the Donamite Langley has developed as a trainer and character. In the last episode she said "Why not a Dragon Type". That reflects that Langley wants to see Iris improve as a trainer and use Dragon Types and catch more, I liked it since it adds more layers to Langley's character. Differentiates her from other "hate" rivals so to speak like Cabernet, Harley, and Urara who unconditionally hated their rivals for petty reasons. She was silently rooting for Iris and was concerned about Doryuuzu when he was struggling against Futachimaru. Not only that but, her scene with Cabernet and being all "BACK OFF SHE'S MINE!" made her look interested in Iris, plus she wanted Iris's attention when battling Grace and Crimgan. So, she actually has developed and matured.

Cabernet has the unfortunate affect of having Dento be her rival, it's like with May and Drew and how she was striving to catch him. It's just a part of Cabernet's nature, she doesn't take criticism that well, especially from Dento. She did mature and mellow somewhat though, she does listen to Dento and she doesn't go telling everyone to get rid of their Pokemon. I think that's some growth, as little as it might be. It's just more fun to exploit her animosity with Dento is all, if she suddenly just started liking the guy she'd be pretty boring tbf.
    Actually in the last episode, Cabernet evaluates Iris's Doryuuzu and tells her to replace it for something better. She can develop as a character while still keeping her personality, Langley and Iris being prime examples of trainers so far in the show who have developed. But, still act the same as before personality wise. I defiantly think a step in the right direction would be to have her give at least a decent evaluation of the upcoming final bout between Masaomi and Kenyan.

Love Iris. Don't cry babe, you and Excadrill still rock in my book.

Not really. While Iris calls Langley a child, Langley admits that she is a child thus sparkling the rivalry between her and Iris more. I believe that the reason she seems so mature is that she actually wishes for Iris to improve (as she directly refers to Iris as Dragon Master). It's also important to note that she was quite angry when Iris decided to go for Excadrill and not for Axew, which once again, shows how Langley wants Iris to become stronger.

And I gotta say that Langley is right.

I agree with this, though.
    Last edited by Janovy; 29th March 2012 at 8:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    Actually you'll notice throughout the Donamite Langley has developed as a trainer and character. In the last episode she said "Why not a Dragon Type". That reflects that Langley wants to see Iris improve as a trainer and use Dragon Types and catch more, I liked it since it adds more layers to Langley's character. Differentiates her from other "hate" rivals so to speak like Cabernet, Harley, and Urara who unconditionally hated their rivals for petty reasons. She was silently rooting for Iris and was concerned about Doryuuzu when he was struggling against Futachimaru. Not only that but, her scene with Cabernet and being all "BACK OFF SHE'S MINE!" made her look interested in Iris, plus she wanted Iris's attention when battling Grace and Crimgan. So, she actually has developed and matured.
    Not to mention her peacefully socializing with others more than she did in the Don Battle (particularly Cabernet), and actually taking time to thank her Pokemon after losing a battle.

Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    Not really. While Iris calls Langley has a child, Langley admits that she is a child thus sparkling the rivalry between her and Iris more. I believe that the reason she seems so mature is that she actually wishes for Iris to improve (as she directly refers to Iris as Dragon Master). It's also important to note that she was quite angry when Iris decided to go for Excadrill and not for Axew, which once again, shows how Langley wants Iris to become stronger.
    Exactly. She takes being a Dragon Buster very seriously, and thus WANTS a strong Dragon Master rival. A Dragon Buster is nothing without a Dragon Master to fight.

I'm also liking this Langley and Cabernet bonding.

Makes me hopeful about a tag battle between Langley/Cabernet and Iris/Dento. :>

Well that episode was stupid. Hopefully the next one will be better. I think it will. It will feel good to see Bianca's Emboar get squished by Sawk after that awful match against Bisharp.

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    Trip is a failure.. he looses to much
    Bianca is to overpowered and too booring
    Fixed that for you.
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 29th March 2012 at 8:55 PM.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast