Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: A Clubsplosion of Excitement! (733)

Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    I'm also liking this Langley and Cabernet bonding.

Makes me hopeful about a tag battle between Langley/Cabernet and Iris/Dento. :>
    That would be good, but only if Iris and Cilan get some new pokemon first.

Good episode. I'm glad the battles didn't look all that rushed and the writers manage to find some time to work the characters' dynamics. Georgia and Burgundy had some nice moments and I did like how the writers seemed to make them look some sort of dynamic duo. I'll look forward more interations between those two in the future!

Another good point is that Bianca started to calm down that disturbing crazyness for muscles. Seems like Scraggy's headbutt from the previous episode put some sense in her head haha

But the best was the beggining with Bianca beating Trip. I know it may look illogical but I find the closure very fitting to Bianca's character. Not to mention, it's nice seeing that Trip isn't all that unbeatable/know-it-all as his acts suggest.

As for the bad points, well, Pansage's loss was... odd. Not that bad, but I'm a bit dissapointed of seeing it being without doing more. It couldn't even push a good battle!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Love Iris. Don't cry babe, you and Excadrill still rock in my book.

Iris shouldn't worry, she was up against this tournament's equivalent Takuto(Darkrai/Latios-trainer).

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Phoenix View Post

Another good point is that Bianca started to calm down that disturbing crazyness for muscles. Seems like Scraggy's headbutt from the previous episode put some sense in her head haha
    The only part I disliked of Bel's battle, was that they gave her Enbuoh such a lame move as Fling.....

But I guess that leaves cooler moves like Boiling Water/Wild Bolt for Ash's (hopefully) eventual Enbuoh.
    Last edited by Banana Knight Arthur; 29th March 2012 at 9:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post

The only part I disliked of Bel's battle, was that they gave her Enbuoh such a lame move as Fling.....

But I guess that leaves cooler moves like Boiling Water/Wild Bolt for Ash's (hopefully) eventual Enbuoh.
    Wait that was Fling? lol That's funny. Couldn't a pokemon jut grab and throw things naturally?

Although I guess Fling did make Emboar catch Stone Edge and Conkeldurr's Stone Pillars.

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Iris shouldn't worry, she was up against this tournament's equivalent Takuto(Darkrai/Latios-trainer).
    What were Burgundy, and Georgia mumbling about when they were crouching with the purple aura's?

A really great episode. I liked all of the battles, and I liked the many Burgundy and Georgia scenes.

My only complaint is that the title match was once again the shortest and had such an abrupt ending.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Was Langley bothered by Iris not using a dragon type again? It seemed like it at the moment when Iris was walking towards the field with Excadrill.

Was Langley bothered by Iris not using a dragon type again? It seemed like it at the moment when Iris was walking towards the field with Excadrill.
    Yeah, same with the scene when she was yelling at Ash and Cilan.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    Yeah, same with the scene when she was yelling at Ash and Cilan.
    Interesting. I'm hopeful that this is leading up to something.

Georgia still doesn't know that Iris only has one dragon. Iris needs another one badly, especially if the writers aren't going to evolve Axew.

Georgia still doesn't know that Iris only has one dragon. Iris needs another one badly, especially if the writers aren't going to evolve Axew.
    Actually, Cilan told her in BW033 that Axew was Iris's only dragon. She probably will get another dragon, but only when Axew has become strong.

Not really. While Iris calls Langley a child, Langley admits that she is a child thus sparkling the rivalry between her and Iris more.
    I disagree. They do not "sparkle"

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Actually, Cilan told her in BW033 that Axew was Iris's only dragon. She probably will get another dragon, but only when Axew has become strong.
    I know that but Georgia seems to think Iris has caught more by now. Georgia has not singled out Axew specifically, but Iris not using dragons in general.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    I disagree. They do not "sparkle"
    Sparkle, as in, actual sparks. :P

Heat vision does not count as sparkling.

Yes, and that would be called "sparking"

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    tumblr|fanfiction

Yes, and that would be called "sparking"
    Yay, a spelling lesson.

They will, maybe after the next movie. It's Axew and Iris' dream for him to evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    What were Burgundy, and Georgia mumbling about when they were crouching with the purple aura's?
    I think they were mumbling because they have nothing more to care about in the tournament, since both them and their rivals have been eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    They will, maybe after the next movie. It's Axew and Iris' dream for him to evolve.
    That dream hasn't been mentioned since early BW. And also, Iris said that it's a long long road to evolve into a Haxorus. A lot of people have speculated that Axew will not evolve during Best wishes because it's a mascot and Iris wouldn't have a pokemon in her hair anymore.

The announcer gave each of the participates a description, I'm interested in knowing what he said.

And I believe Satoshi found the description that Dent was given cool. Is that right?
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 29th March 2012 at 11:35 PM.

. A lot of people have speculated that Axew will not evolve during Best wishes because it's a mascot and Iris wouldn't have a pokemon in her hair anymore.
    :P It's an insult to Iris to say her hair is not big enough to hold a Fraxture.

tumblr|fanfiction

:P It's an insult to Iris to say her hair is not big enough to hold a Fraxture.
    Lol all I'm saying is that Iris needs another dragon since Axew doesn't look like it's going to evolve anytime soon. But even if Axew did evolve, she would still only have one dragon-_-

That dream hasn't been mentioned since early BW. And also, Iris said that it's a long long road to evolve into a Haxorus. A lot of people have speculated that Axew will not evolve during Best wishes because it's a mascot and Iris wouldn't have a pokemon in her hair anymore.
    Uh, yeah. Of course it's going to be a long road ahead for Axew to evolve into an Haxorus especially when she not training it. She only has three Pokemon. Not that much to work with. There's Excadrill who she's been using since she was a yound lad, an Emonga that really doesn't need to be used for anything and Axew who is supposed to be the real reason for her goal. Yet I get the feeling that Excadrill is supposed to be her goal because of it's wins and uses.

My ideal battle ever!

*watches Dento vs Kenyanuuuu*

*sniff*

*sniff*

Dento...are you bruised? ;-; THAT WAS VIOLENT. My inner N comes out in these Don Tourneys fighting is terrible and not because Dento got pummeled. Poor Yanappu. Kenyan should have went a tad easier.

Sounds like in his intro they said something about Dento being a Grass-type Gym Leader.

tumblr|fanfiction

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast