Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: A Clubsplosion of Excitement! (733)

I think the announcer referred to Dent as “The Grass-Scented Green Soldier” in his final line of his summary.

That's what "Kusa-kaori midoriiro senshi" translates to, right? I could be wrong. It's such a cool and fitting title.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 30th March 2012 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    The announcer referred to Dent as “The Grass-Scented Green Soldier” in his final line of his description.

That description is both fitting and cool.

I agree, that's pretty epic there. X3333

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Uh, yeah. Of course it's going to be a long road ahead for Axew to evolve into an Haxorus especially when she not training it. She only has three Pokemon. Not that much to work with. There's Excadrill who she's been using since she was a yound lad, an Emonga that really doesn't need to be used for anything and Axew who is supposed to be the real reason for her goal. Yet I get the feeling that Excadrill is supposed to be her goal because of it's wins and uses.
    Well Excadrill is her biggest and strongest pokemon. And in this fighting tourament where almost everyone is using a humanoid type pokemon, Excadrill is her best bet. Theres no big top secret why she's using it over Axew and Emolga, it's a no brainer for this type of tournament.
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 30th March 2012 at 2:14 AM.

any one else think sawk looked amazingly awesome in this battle? I no longer have any difficulty seeing kenyan (what is his english name? is it stephen?) winning this whole tournament.

Another loss for Conkellder, man I have a feeling it's gonna get the Chimchar treatment soon. Totally knew Bianca would win since the preview showed Emboar battling Bisharp. The rest of the battles were predictable and the preview for the next ep proves that Ash and Bianca are gonna lose and Stephan will probably win.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Sup guys, I've been roaming in these forums for a long while now, ever since DP, mainly because I don't speak japanese and I want to know what was said during the episodes (I know I can wait for the subbed / dubbed episodes but I like reading this forums anyway).

I honestly like Cabernet's and Langley's characters so far, especially when they're together, like in this ep and in the previous Don George tournament too. Trip is definitely not a Paul clone and he's got some interesting pokemon, like Conkeldurr which I was glad to see make its debut. Kenyan's character is interesting too (when they showed him in the preview of his debut I thought he was a bully at first) and likeable, altough as people say, they'd better not overuse hig gag because it starts to be a little annoying. Even that Masaomi jerk is interesting and I hope the writers have plans for him in another tournament or the Unova League.

I'm enjoying this tournament so far, (even the whole Unova saga) with character interactions, some badass Pokemon, new moves, training, etc. This makes up a pretty decent, enjoyable arc. Let's hope for a cool ending and more character development

The positive:

-Burgundy and Georgia continue to be the most entertaining characters on this show right now.

-Stephan is getting more interesting. He isn't as boring as I used to find him, but he isn't really my favorite yet either.

-Masaomi is getting an impressive amount of focus for a character that might just be around for this tournament. I really hope we see him again.

-Cilan finally getting what he deserved. I just wish it was Crustle, but Pansage will do.

-For a short fight, Ash VS. Bakkie was pretty impressive. Simipour had a great set of moves and Scraggy is really beginning to look strong.

-Ditto for Iris VS. Masaomi. Even if it was only a couple of attacks, seeing Excadrill get beaten down so mercilessly was relatively unusual for it, given its recent record.

The negative:

-Bianca. Can't win a fight on your own merits, even when you have the biggest gun? Just beat the opponent Pokemon senseless with its own weapons! Glad you continue to be a boring stereotype, Bianca!

-This episode wobbled erratically between excellent animation and poor, off-model animation.

-Trip needs to either get a lot better right now or be written off the show. This late into the region, there is no more time to waste on a rival who will never amount to anything.

-Chakkie looks like an interesting character, too bad he got relegated to a complete sideline role.

-For the second week in a row, Bisharp's battle is in the title yet ends up being a blink-and-you-miss-it bulldozer. Not only am I disappointed as a fan of Bisharp, it's extremely disappointing to see the best rivals in the series right now - Georgia and Burgundy - largely ignored in favor of boring stereotypes like Bianca and wastes of time like Trip. Doubly so for Georgia, who almost certainly won't be in the League.

-Am I the only one getting a little bored of seeing Pokemon flexing every week? Was that the only point of this tournament being traditionally Fighting-types?

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

8. Default

The announcer gave each of the participates a description, I'm interested in knowing what he said.

And I believe Satoshi found the description that Dent was given cool. Is that right?
    Bel was called "the loudest/most annoying trainer in all Isshu."

Iris' :"The dream of becoming a Dragon Master fills her large head, Enthusiastically carrying the expectations of the Dragon Village on her shoulders, Living her days of training, The maiden that knows the heart of Dragons. Airisuuuu"
    Last edited by Banana Knight Arthur; 30th March 2012 at 5:32 AM.

Da** Sawk was emotionlessly determined this time around...poor Cilan, that was a little brutal right there :/
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Did they really call her that? O.o

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Did they really call her that? O.o
    "Isshu de ichiban urusai trainer to iu koitsu da!"

Literally, Loudest/Most annoying trainer in all of Isshu is this one!

Heck he said Iris' carrying her dream of becoming a dragon master in her large head.......

Heck he said Iris' carrying her dream of becoming a dragon master in her large head.......
    Geez he's a little rude xD

What was Dento's whole summary? =o

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

The Bianca one sounds pretty harsh. I wonder if PUSA will dub it differently though.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    The Bianca one sounds pretty harsh. I wonder if PUSA will dub it differently though.
    There was more to Bel's description, but I couldn't make it out, cuz' the audio quality.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Geez he's a little rude xD

What was Dento's whole summary? =o
    Sanyou Gym's, Grass-type Expert Arrives! Making his pilgrimage as a Pokemon Sommelier! With the power of a Gym Leader (something about on his head and something about something in his hand)! Grass-scented Green-colored Soldier! Dento!

Haha, they really called Bianca the most annoying trainer huh? That's great. She didn't even seem to care.

I guess Ash's was something generic? I heard Pokemon Master, so I'm guessing it was his usual stuff.

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    Haha, they really called Bianca the most annoying trainer huh? That's great. She didn't even seem to care.

I guess Ash's was something generic? I heard Pokemon Master, so I'm guessing it was his usual stuff.
    Ash: "His dream - to become a Pokemon master. Aiming for the Isshu League, his current number of badges is 6! Will he be able to conquer the League? Coming from Kanto, the intense youth/young-man. Satoshiiiiiiii!"

So, only Ash got an undemeaning (and possibly Cilan too) Oh well, Bianca is definitely loud no doubt
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

This episode was good. I was laughing very hard with everybody's reactions to Zuruggu's Focus Blast once again missing its target. Hiyakki looked great in battle although he went down to Zuruggu's High Jump Kick. It was great to see High Jump Kick knocking Hiyakki to the ground (making it different), than another headbutt knockout. It was very clever for Embuoh to grab Robushin's Stone edge attack and then throw the rocks back at him. It was great to see Emboar grab Robushin's concrete blocks and then throwing them at Robushin to knock him out. Bianca made a very smart move by having him do that. Trip looked absolutely devestated about the loss. Even after Ash complimented his Robushin, he looked sad while he was leaving the Pokemon Center. Nageki took down Doryuzu very easily, grabbing him in his Drill Run attack position, knocking him out with Seismic Toss. It was nice to see Nageki bow in respect after defeating Doryuzu. Yanappu really struggled against Dageki. Dageki Close Combatted him very easily without Yanappu being able to dodge. Even though Yanappu used bite on Dageki's Karate Chop, he still was able to smash him to the ground and then finish him off. Stephan was very funny when he cut off Dent's tasting time lines to have Dageki KO Yanappu. Kirikizan was able to block Embuoh's Flamethrower the 1st time and collide Guillotine with Embuoh's Hammer Arm. Georgia made a critical error having Kirikizan trying to come in way too close when Embuoh could just knock her out with a flamethrower.

76/100
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Thanks for translating the descriptions, Elekible-Kid. Hahaha, Iris and Bel got rather rude summaries on them, although Iris's title made up for it. I'll say it again "Grass-scented Green-coloured Soldier" is a cool title. Sorry Cabernet, this beats your "Tasting Princess". Now I would love to know the summary that Kenyan was given.

Dent: Gets his Tasting Time interrupted and knocked over twice (ouch, the second time had to hurt)- I enjoy it all. I bet if I didn't care for Dent I wouldn't have felt the same, stuff like this is more enjoyable when you love a character IMO. But just to humiliating and humorous pain, seeing serious and emotional pain is so sad to view.

Dageki's harsh training has really paid off for him, his moves are so swift and powerful that the Low Sweep he delivered to Yanapp sent him hurtling towards Dent at such a high speed that Dent being knocked down to the ground looked painful. From the two training so hard together I'm gathering Dageki would be Kenyan's vintage seeing as they make such great partners. Now I wonder when we are going to see Kenyan's Zebraika again....

Oh Cabernet why you so crazy? She accepts that Dent is an A-Class Sommelier in the Don Battles yet in here she was again desperate to see Dent lose and taking pleasure when he did and when his Tasting Time failed. Stop trying to hide your feelings Cabernet. Now I'm interested in knowing just what will go on with her in the final episode of this arc (next week's episode). I'm waiting for another Dent and Cabernet episode to appear.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 30th March 2012 at 4:50 PM.

After seeing the Georgia fight, I'm not quite as disappointed as I was hearing about it. Bisharp did deflect a flamethrower with only slight damage, got a move in, equalled in a clash, and only lost due to point blank Flamethrower.

All in all, considering the length of the fight, very nice. Bisharp didn't get horribly owned, it did pretty well.
    Help spread the Dragonbuster Love!
    Hail to Saint Georgia!

I forgot to say I loved how Dent was gracious in his defeat, not even giving a damn about his tasting getting interrupted and getting his Yanapp knocked into him (to Cabernet's annoyance). This won't bring Dent down.

I would love to know the summary that Kenyan was given.
    Oh and Langley's, Masaomi's and Bakkey's as well. I should really think more about what to say before I post.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 30th March 2012 at 3:37 PM.

Well this episode was hilariously good, despite the bad battles. I liked the character interactions. This is a first in Pokemon. I think they either must have hired a new writer with a different writing style, because it was different from the episodes till now. The comedy was more anime-ish than Pokemon-animeish. I would actually love more of that.

Oh btw am I the only one who LOLed every time kenyanuuu's name was pronounced incorrectly.

Edit : (Lol Don George called him Oniiyan lol.)
    And I think some Dento Hater must have written a strong letter to the writers, cutting his Tasting time,pummeling Pansage and throwing pansage onto his face...I felt sorry for him.
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 30th March 2012 at 8:09 PM.

Cilan had it rough this episode. I really think he should evolve Pansage.

Iris' :"The dream of becoming a Dragon Master fills her large head, Enthusiastically carrying the expectations of the Dragon Village on her shoulders, Living her days of training, The maiden that knows the heart of Dragons. Airisuuuu"
    Haha, those descriptions are awesome, especially since they're about two characters I don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    And I think some Dento Hater must have written a strong letter to the writers, cutting his Tasting time,pummeling Pansage and throwing pansage onto his face...I felt sorry for him.
    >:O

But who would do such a thing. *looks at that guy on page 8 who said Cilan got what he deserved*

Those who love Dent aren't even mad, but humoured (on the Bel scene and the interrupted tasting) and sorry for him (on his painful trip to the ground). And neither is Dent of course. Hey I've been wanting this to happen.

I can't stop watching the scene of Bel shoving Dent out the way and Dent getting his Yanapp knocked into him.

In regards to Kenyan's name being said wrong I found it's been much funnier lately. With names like "Tom-Yum-Goong" and "Oniiyan", the audience chanting his name incorrectly and Kenyan being a lot more frustrated by it.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 30th March 2012 at 11:29 PM.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast