Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why don't Colosseum and XD get more love?

Xd gale of darkness was my first GameCube game I fell in love with the game and have now beat it over 5 times I'm pretty sure people didnt like it because it wasn't portable and because it wasn't like other Pokemon games story wise with the whole shadow thing it was a dark game. But it definetly deserves more love(and more games like it)

Spoiler:- Credits::

I think its because not much people have a gamecube at the time of its release and many didn't want to buy one just for one game (later two). When the wii came out you could play the game then but it became hard to find and is quite expensive for both games so people didn't get it. Because of this not much people heard of it like my gf she really had no idea of the games until 1 let her borrow them. The fact that she needed the memory card and a controller to play the game shows how a gamecube is required for it.

In game wise the fact that you couldn't catch wild pokemon was a major turn off for people. The shadow pokemon was an amazing idea but it has a limited number of pokemon to catch which kind of beats the purpose of pokemon which is to collect them all. The no gyms made it less interesting to people so many didn't get it. Problem is as more people learned how good a game they both are they harder it was to get it. Really there is much reasons for them not getting that much love and the one's I mention with some others which is sad since both games where great to play such as mount battle and had some interesting ideas.

Because they aren't part of the main series. :/

I Loved these games. I thought they were so amazing, and I liked them better then some of the main series games. I thought it was a fun idea, and I'd always wanted to take Pokemon from other trainers. xP

I don't get it. These games were without question among my favorites. I played through each of them twice, Emerald being the other game which I have done that in. A lot of people complain about the lack of features, however, I see that as a good thing. No wild Pokemon, routes, HMs (in the field), etc. It lets you get right to the action. Most importantly, it is something different. I must have spent about 500 hours in those two games combined. I can never know for sure since I have restarted both and Colosseum stops counting after 99:59. I would honestly do just about anything for a third Shadow Pokemon game.
    3DS Friend Code: 4012-4489-0237

My Friend Safari: Ground with Sandshrew (Slot 1), Camerupt (Slot 2), and Diggersby (Slot 3).

NNID: garretslarrity

Thread Bumped Shutting
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123