Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Atheist & Agnostic Family

I never understood SimCity..

What's Sims, if you don't mind me asking?

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Absol View Post
    What's Sims, if you don't mind me asking?
    its a sort of simulation game were you play a life of a chracter you make, it's not the average RPG were you go on adventures, you basically play to control a person as it deals with its life (job, house, real life stuff) and since you decide absolutely everything of the character's life that why the refence to "play god" I mentioned sim city, it's similar but in this one you have to build a city and stuff like that but if you want you can create disasters like a eratquake or a tsunami or even an alien attack.
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

I like Sim City, I tried sims but it bored the hell out of me.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Hey, did you know there's like no Christian religon in Japan?

Hey, did you know there's like no Christian religon in Japan?
    You mean Christianity?

And I'm sure there are Christians in Japan
    Thunder Ghouls is getting low on members and we could use your support. Join us
    FC for Trading and Battling:2666 3899 5906
    Name: Azukan(happyface) Record: 3W-8L
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/344uwsj.gif[/IMG] I have alot of bred Deinos. They need homes.

My Best Friend Pokemon: Smashy Gorebyss Honchkrow     Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by AzukanAsimbu View Post
    You mean Christianity?

And I'm sure there are Christians in Japan
    They don't really have Christianity, though. That's what my dad says, anyways.

I'm the creator of the old Atheist Club. I've left for a long time, I'm not as much as an in-your-face-atheist as I use to be, but I'd like to join this club. May I?
    Fan of Jurassic Park? Jurassic Park Legacy is your friend: http://www.jplegacy.org/board/index.php

Darato is offline ❤ ❤❤ ❤❤❤ ❤❤❤❤ ❤❤❤❤❤[

Red, we'd love you have you. For there is a war coming. In the long times ahead we face in it, friends will turn on each other. The strong bonds we once held closest to our hears will drift away, but it is not to happen to us.

L.F.D.

How does a country "have Christianity"?

The main religions of Japan are Shintoism and Budhism.

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionrex View Post
    I'm the creator of the old Atheist Club. I've left for a long time, I'm not as much as an in-your-face-atheist as I use to be, but I'd like to join this club. May I?
    :O! Rex! It has been an awful long time. If only you came back a few months ago we dídn't had to make a new thread.

I've changed a lot since I first joined this site and made other club. I'm more civil and respectful, although I'm still a hot headed debater.

I've realized some things, however, since I left Serebii. For instance, I'm an atheist, but I feel it takes faith to not believe in god like it takes faith to believe in one. Now, I'm not talking about the Christian god or any god from a religion, but when rip away everything, it becomes a yes or no question and it depends on what you believe in. Every atheist I ask says it's odd for me to believe this, and I've been sort of outcasted by many atheist groups.

I'm also not near as Liberal as many atheists are. I have mixed liberal and conservative views, and I count myself as an independent. I find extreme liberals and extreme conservatives plain stupid because both views have major issues. However, I do agree with the liberal idea that things need change, and a lot of the world needs change at the moment.

But because of my conservative views, I've been criticized a lot. What do you guys think?
    Fan of Jurassic Park? Jurassic Park Legacy is your friend: http://www.jplegacy.org/board/index.php

I've changed a lot since I first joined this site and made other club. I'm more civil and respectful, although I'm still a hot headed debater.

I've realized some things, however, since I left Serebii. For instance, I'm an atheist, but I feel it takes faith to not believe in god like it takes faith to believe in one. Now, I'm not talking about the Christian god or any god from a religion, but when rip away everything, it becomes a yes or no question and it depends on what you believe in. Every atheist I ask says it's odd for me to believe this, and I've been sort of outcasted by many atheist groups.

I'm also not near as Liberal as many atheists are. I have mixed liberal and conservative views, and I count myself as an independent. I find extreme liberals and extreme conservatives plain stupid because both views have major issues. However, I do agree with the liberal idea that things need change, and a lot of the world needs change at the moment.

But because of my conservative views, I've been criticized a lot. What do you guys think?
    It is because in America, Athiests usualy aren't Conservatives because that side is dominated by Christians.

Welcome back Rex! Good to have you back! Regarding liberal vs conservative i am probably more on the liberal side, mostly because i do not care much for old views and values, but i can see why some people are conservative.

New topic Idea

When it comes to voting and or supporting somebody running for office, how does their religion have anything to do with if you support them or not?

For me it doesn't matter what religion they belong too, as long as they don't bring their views from it into office and make it more friendly towards theirs and ignore others.

L.F.D.

There are pretty much no religious politicans here in Norway that have much support, so not really a issue for me.

Hey evolutionrex, been a while. Glad to hear you've been tempered in the forge of experience. You are absolutely right that there is a modicum of faith (though I guess one could split hairs about calling it "faith" specifically) in hard atheism. If you get criticized for saying it, just remind your critics that it is impossible to definitively prove a negative, so there can never be absolute proof of any gods' nonexistence.

And actually, we could go so far as saying that faith is technically at the foundation of science and rationalism, if we wanted to raise the hair on some necks around here.

When it comes to voting and or supporting somebody running for office, how does their religion have anything to do with if you support them or not?
    I would never have been able to vote for Rick Santorum, that's my answer. Somebody might say it was because of what kinds of policies he would have put in place, but let's just call a spade a spade. His religion is the cause of the things Santorum thinks and the things Santorum thinks are the causes of the what policies he would have put in place, so his religion affects my support of him (or lackthereof). Belief, whatever else it may be, also serves as a motivator of action. What someone believes about the world tends to determine how they act in the world, particularly in the case of beliefs about "ultimate" or "eternal" things.

However, secularism is possible. I could support anyone whose policies were smart, fair, and responsible, religious or not. The problem is that religious doctrines (such as those folks like Santorum would be compelled to turn into policy) are rarely, if ever, smart, fair, and responsible.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

...I guess if someone said the didn't believe in God or something similar, people who do and hold to their highest accomplishment would be insulted and refuse to vote for them. Even if their a good person who makes fair judgements. That's what I think, anyway.

REX

We're so glad you're back.

How did the comic work out?
    Thunder Ghouls is getting low on members and we could use your support. Join us
    FC for Trading and Battling:2666 3899 5906
    Name: Azukan(happyface) Record: 3W-8L
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/344uwsj.gif[/IMG] I have alot of bred Deinos. They need homes.

My Best Friend Pokemon: Smashy Gorebyss Honchkrow     Spoiler:- Credits:

I was in the last club, but I was rather idle a lot.

While being civil is supposedly good, I want... I take that back, I demand the same respect in social worlds that religion does. When Java Mocha's witnesses come knocking on my door and try and tell me (not so directly) 'You're a lesser person than me' I should have every right to respond angrily... but if I do, I'm the badguy.

It's not if they have faith or not, but to me, it's how much faith guides their money/motivation/laws/etc... someone who remembers a little something called Seperation of Church and State. I don't care if they 'think' that their Moronism is superior, as long as they don't act upon such disgusting thoughts... hell I know what it's like to have gross thoughts!

Of course, a president that actually wants to do something to take our country back from corp... nevermind, that's another topic altogether! I won't go there here.

Currently on Hiatus

Very gracious thanks to Tezza for the Banner.

The Generic Story You All Probably Know… and Hate

It's 97% pure Parody, the other 3% is mockery!

Kertonmel: Sinsufficient Glory

A grand adventure, spoken in 2MB Colored glory!

As an Aethiest, is it appropriate to wish that the idea of "God" and "heaven" was true?

As an Aethiest, is it appropriate to wish that the idea of "God" and "heaven" was true?
    Personaly I am not bothered with it, because it is a very human thing to do. We can't imagine that everything is over', we don't want to simply disapear, and the idea of God and Heaven give a (fake) answer to that and stops the fear.

Wishing is about as useless as prayer. Both accomplish nothing and give you a selfish feeling of accomplishment. So wishing is about as appropriate as prayer.

Worded more bluntly: I want to do nothing and gain the power to think I can do something by doing nothing.

Currently on Hiatus

Very gracious thanks to Tezza for the Banner.

The Generic Story You All Probably Know… and Hate

It's 97% pure Parody, the other 3% is mockery!

Kertonmel: Sinsufficient Glory

A grand adventure, spoken in 2MB Colored glory!

Quote Originally Posted by Dilasc View Post
    Wishing is about as useless as prayer. Both accomplish nothing and give you a selfish feeling of accomplishment. So wishing is about as appropriate as prayer.

Worded more bluntly: I want to do nothing and gain the power to think I can do something by doing nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Personaly I am not bothered with it, because it is a very human thing to do. We can't imagine that everything is over', we don't want to simply disapear, and the idea of God and Heaven give a (fake) answer to that and stops the fear.
    I may use the concepts of "heaven" "angel" "hell" in a fic, but that doesn't mean I believe it. Wishing it was real doesn't exactly fall under the same catagory as praying. Praying is when you are asking a heavenly being for support. For wishing I simply think sometimes, "Damn, I wish we would go somewhere when we die; pity it's not real." The concepts are something that we all wish was real, just some take the weak path of falling head over heels for it. We aethiests know the truth and stick to reality. It's what sets us sort from others.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast