Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Atheist & Agnostic Family

Yeah.. we're rare. lol

Heheh, Toten ftw!

There used to be a dutch girl in the old Athiest club. :c but she isn't in this one so yeah: Only dutch person so far I know.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Well, even though I'm not from the Netherlands, Dutch is also my first language ^^;

I am indeed the one with the power of a god.
    The divine flames that I've absorbed
    will burn you to a crisp with nuclear energy and leave nothing behind!

Very random, but, I once had a christian teacher teaching us in Evolution...

For some reason, I found that very interresting~
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Well, when someone's christian it doesn't means that they're creationists.

I know loads of christian people who accept evolution and who think the entire creationism thing is ridiculous.

Darato is offline ❤ ❤❤ ❤❤❤ ❤❤❤❤ ❤❤❤❤❤[

Dude I am high watching Batman and so in touch with everything right now.

I love you all so much also

L.F.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Pokétrainer View Post
    Well, when someone's christian it doesn't means that they're creationists.

I know loads of christian people who accept evolution and who think the entire creationism thing is ridiculous.
    Oh, I didn't know that, actually. ._. My bad.

However, this person actually told us he doesn't believe in it. He also told us the dinosaurs probably didn't exist. ^^"

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    The dinosaurs probably didn't exist.
    That dosn't sound too sure to me. lol
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

Well, I think he just didn't want to say what he really thinks, and added 'probably' and such. Don't really remember. But the class didn't make it easy for him since they ignored what he said and asked him questions about what he thought, and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Pokétrainer View Post
    Well, even though I'm not from the Netherlands, Dutch is also my first language ^^;
    flanders.. ... And I know about Sharia4belgium, they visit the Netherlands aswell... -.- Those people are pure evil.

Had a test in Religion yesterday in School. I think I did Ok.
    Though, I had troubles not to write that women were seen as Food-making sex slaves in the muslim religion.
    Sorry to anyone I may have offended right now-

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Those people are pure evil.
    Be careful, now. This is called essentializing - you're reducing the individuals in that Sharia group from people with flaws to a single essential trait (here, "pure evil"). It's like generalization, but more damaging. Essentializing an opposing group to a distillation of moral evil is precisely the method by which religions inspire the kinds of division and violence we see today. Fundamental/extreme Islamists (like Christians/Catholics/etc.) may be quite wrong and quite dangerous, but we must always be cognizant of the fact they're still fallible human beings and are capable of being mistaken despite their 'good' intentions. If we essentialize our opponents, we're falling into the same irrational and divisive trap that makes our opponents seem so close-minded and extreme to us.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

I have to agree with you, Profesco. I think no person is truly evil. Not even the worst people in history. For an example, look at Hitler or Bin Laden. From their point of view they were doing the right thing, they were the good guys, even though their goals and their ways to accomplish it were morally completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    Be careful, now. This is called essentializing - you're reducing the individuals in that Sharia group from people with flaws to a single essential trait (here, "pure evil"). It's like generalization, but more damaging. Essentializing an opposing group to a distillation of moral evil is precisely the method by which religions inspire the kinds of division and violence we see today. Fundamental/extreme Islamists (like Christians/Catholics/etc.) may be quite wrong and quite dangerous, but we must always be cognizant of the fact they're still fallible human beings and are capable of being mistaken despite their 'good' intentions. If we essentialize our opponents, we're falling into the same irrational and divisive trap that makes our opponents seem so close-minded and extreme to us.
    I am not kidding, if you knew about them you would think so too, they aren't a normal religious group, they are hatemongers. They have made deaththreats and such.

I would like to join. I finally accepted the fact I was Atheist during the summer after 5th Grade. I ACTUALLY wanted to believe, since my whole family was Theist, but I couldn't, so... Yeah. :P

My Fabulous Tumblr
    I have claimed Chimchar

I would like to join this club, if y'all will have me. Continuing my proud tradition of fence-sitting, indecisiveness and lack of ideological/social/political commitment, I am an agnostic.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    Had a test in Religion yesterday in School. I think I did Ok.
    Though, I had troubles not to write that women were seen as Food-making sex slaves in the muslim religion.
    Sorry to anyone I may have offended right now-
    There is no need to apologise for speaking the truth of women's status in the Islamic world.
    And do you think that unto such as you;
    A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew:
    God gave the secret, and denied it me?--
    Well, well, what matters it! Believe that, too.
    ~Omar al-Khayyām, poet of Persia.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    I am not kidding, if you knew about them you would think so too, they aren't a normal religious group, they are hatemongers. They have made deaththreats and such.
    Sounds like an atypical religious hategroup to me, no different from Scientology, Westbore Baptist Church, Muslim Brotherhood, the Nazis... you're gonna need to give me some reason to hate these guys more.

Currently on Hiatus

Very gracious thanks to Tezza for the Banner.

The Generic Story You All Probably Know… and Hate

It's 97% pure Parody, the other 3% is mockery!

Kertonmel: Sinsufficient Glory

A grand adventure, spoken in 2MB Colored glory!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrosion View Post
    I would like to join. I finally accepted the fact I was Atheist during the summer after 5th Grade. I ACTUALLY wanted to believe, since my whole family was Theist, but I couldn't, so... Yeah. :P
    Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyula View Post
    I would like to join this club, if y'all will have me. Continuing my proud tradition of fence-sitting, indecisiveness and lack of ideological/social/political commitment, I am an agnostic.

There is no need to apologise for speaking the truth of women's status in the Islamic world.
    Aren't you that guy who talks about the elites?

Hello all, room for one more? I'm agnostic, and I have tried, personally to believe in God. It never works for me ^^; My parents believe it, I don't. I have always disliked upsetting my parents, but something in my mind leads me to disbelieve it. I've tried a few times to believe it, again because I don't want to upset my parents, but I can never do it. I hope I'm accepted here as a agnostic who's tried to believe in it and that we can get along ^^;
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Darato is offline ❤ ❤❤ ❤❤❤ ❤❤❤❤ ❤❤❤❤❤[

Welcome to our new members.

So were in October now, the start of a Holiday that brings up a lot of religious points of view, due to spirits being part of it, and how it is looked at in other places like Mexico.

What do you think of it as?

For me it's just another holiday based off of other traditions with a lot of modern stuff added that now leads to all kinds of issues.

L.F.D.

Might I join this club? I'm an atheist, myself, though I can tolerate religions and am even fairly interested in some (my entire immediate family is atheist as well, so we don't even own a Bible, to my knowledge). Anyways, about the whole Halloween thing, I see it as a way to honor old traditions that has been misinterpreted as an opportunity for children to dress up in usually-frightening costumes to get free candy.
    Author thread post:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpos...6&postcount=80
    Claims: Archeops, Rival Silver, and Zoo Tycoon 2

Favourite Pokémon: (etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Darato View Post
    Welcome to our new members.

So were in October now, the start of a Holiday that brings up a lot of religious points of view, due to spirits being part of it, and how it is looked at in other places like Mexico.

What do you think of it as?

For me it's just another holiday based off of other traditions with a lot of modern stuff added that now leads to all kinds of issues.

L.F.D.
    I've actually read how it came to be, and I think it's silly how some extremely obnoxious Christians and other religious groups think it's the birthday of the devil. GTFO, please.

My Fabulous Tumblr
    I have claimed Chimchar

Hey. I'm an atheist and have been for as long as I can remember. (As a kid I made up my own elaborate pretend religion where the Christian God was the villain, but if you'd actually asked me if it was real, I'd have said no.) I'd like to join, just because this club is here.

Halloween isn't really a thing in Iceland (we do the holiday-where-kids-go-around-collecting-candy on Ash Day, in February), so I'm kind of distanced from all of it. The idea of it being Satanic or whatever just makes me roll my eyes.

Chapter 64: Hide and Seek
    The story of an ordinary boy on an impossible quest in a world that isn't as black and white as he always thought it was.
    (rough draft of the remaining chapters finished for NaNoWriMo; to be edited and posted)

Morphic
    (completed, plus silly extras)
    A few scientists get drunk and start fiddling with gene splicing. Ten years later, they're taking care of eight half-Pokémon kids, each freakier than the next, while a religious fanatic plots to murder them all.

Lengthy fanfiction reviewing guide / A more condensed version
    Read and I will be very happy for a large number of reasons.

Welcome dragonfree.

Haloween isnt that big here, so i dont really care.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast