Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Atheist & Agnostic Family

How do you think religion will be viewed in the next 50 years?

I don't think fifty years is enough time for any proper change. Even if the views hypothetically "change", they really aren't. I mean, laws have changed to allow fairness and equality to the female, colored, and "queerly" sexual oriented. However, these people are still being shamed and mistreated for those "flaws" today, despite how long the change has been around. Even if religon becomes "less important" or "less influential" in fifty years time, there will still be many people who will reject the change given to them for the better and ultimately keep things the same as they were.

(Was I rambling?)

Spoiler:- Some Things:

How do you think religion will be viewed in the next 50 years?

That's difficult to say, but I personally think that it will be pretty much alike how it is today, maybe a bit more secularizated (That's a Word right? roughly translated from the Norwegian Word meaning that religion gradually lose its 'Power' in the society)

Darato is offline ❤ ❤❤ ❤❤❤ ❤❤❤❤ ❤❤❤❤❤[

If you had to chose a Religion what would it be and why?

I'd go with one that smokes weed all day, or Catholic since it's one that holds a lot of ground

L.F.D.

I'd go with one that smokes weed all day, or Catholic since it's one that holds a lot of ground
    Hmm. Both inadvisable choices, if you ask me. Though their juxtaposition gives us pause to consider the amusement that Catholic praxis arguably causes more harm than does marijuana.

Quote Originally Posted by Darato View Post

Jainism. Absurd unlikely-to-be-true beliefs aside, practicing Jainism strictly means almost absolute non-violence, including against insects and even microorganisms. I could believe some of the most crazy things human imagination has ever feverishly composed, but if my real-world actions were all respectful and geared toward allowing other creatures to live peacefully and free of harm, I wouldn't be a problem for anyone.

Edit: Maybe Quaker, actually.

On a different note, here's a story that makes me feel guilty. Guilty, because on the one hand I want to laugh at these people but that would be kind of condescending, and on the other hand I want to feel pity for these people but that too would be condescending. In the end, what I end up feeling is that the real explanation is more entertaining than the religious one.
    Last edited by Profesco; 13th August 2013 at 5:17 AM.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

If you had to choose a Religion what would it be and why?

I'm not too knowledgeable on religion, but if Buddhism counts, then Buddhism. You just try to be happy through peace.

L.F.D.
    I don't believe there is a religion that exists like that, Darato.

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    On a different note, here's a story that makes me feel guilty. Guilty, because on the one hand I want to laugh at these people but that would be kind of condescending, and on the other hand I want to feel pity for these people but that too would be condescending. In the end, what I end up feeling is that the real explanation is more entertaining than the religious one.
    Hahahahahaaaa...ha.

This will never not be funny, and yet it will not ever be funny.

Especially the obvious loathing and scorn the author displays in the article's attitude

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Sigh, why are religious people so damn hard to talk to. You can't argue with them cuz' they have already decided they won. -__-

Oh, religion? I would never wanna pick one, but if I had to... um... I don't know of that many. I honestly can't answer, sorry.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    Hmm. Both inadvisable choices, if you ask me. Though their juxtaposition gives us pause to consider the amusement that Catholic praxis arguably causes more harm than does marijuana.
    Wouldn't want either one, but if you need one. Would want one of the higher power ones, and why not smoke weed?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Amaryllis View Post
    I don't believe there is a religion that exists like that, Darato.
    First Universal Church of Kantheism

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Sigh, why are religious people so damn hard to talk to. You can't argue with them cuz' they have already decided they won. -__-

Oh, religion? I would never wanna pick one, but if I had to... um... I don't know of that many. I honestly can't answer, sorry.
    Sadly some ar ejust like that, same with Atheist

L.F.D.

Well, of course many atheists are a real pain, too (and of course many religious people aren't like that). I just happen to get inti arguments with religious ones very often (and I don't even try...)

It would be nice if all people just realises that, if you are a kind person, it doesn't matter what you Believe in. But most don't.

EDIT: Ah, and I just realised I got 'Bad Rep' from my previous comment... makes sense, I apologize to the one who did it. Thank you~
    Last edited by MastersOfMonsters; 19th August 2013 at 6:46 PM.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

You shouldn't have to apologize for anything. This is a place to talk about this kind of stuff, the tittle alone says what's going on in here, and if people don't want to see it there free not to come in here

L.F.D.

Well, maybe, but I tend to be careful not to make anyone angry, and these kinds of topics usually causes that.. still, thank you~

Grew up in a strict Baptist family, because I didn't believe the way they did, I was disowned at the age of 12. So I don't think I can answer this question. Religious people are to stubborn to talk to anyways, or that's how I see it.

Credit to Inferno Production!

Some religious people are too stubborn to talk to anyway.
    Fixed that for you. Not all religious people are too stubborn to talk to. I'm not going to answer the current question as I already have a religion (a minority group within it though). I was wondering if I could post a detailed critique on some religions though. I had hoped to start a debate thread for people to talk about it, but the mods there don't seem keen on what may happen if a religion thread pops up.
    I will not trade for hacked/cloned pokemon.
    5th gen: I can breed max Sp.Att/Speed Zoruas with Extrasensory and Dark Pulse with a modest nature.

Quote Originally Posted by JDavidC View Post
    Fixed that for you. Not all religious people are too stubborn to talk to. I'm not going to answer the current question as I already have a religion (a minority group within it though). I was wondering if I could post a detailed critique on some religions though. I had hoped to start a debate thread for people to talk about it, but the mods there don't seem keen on what may happen if a religion thread pops up.
    This reminds me of an amusing Dawkins quote. To paraphrase: We're all atheists about most gods, but some of us go one god further.

I don't know quite how to assess the etiquette of a believer in one religion using an atheist venue to criticize other religions... seems disingenuous, maybe (not the right word, alas)? But I do know that we welcome any and all theological or rational discussions, and we don't turn people away if their beliefs differ from ours. Come to think of it, this thread is probably the only place on the forum you'd be able to post a critique of some religion without it being spam of some sort.

Darato is the owner, so it's his decision. But you can bring your critiques to a VM convo with me if you like, JDavidC. I'm curious about what you've got to say. =P

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

I might take you up on that. I'll point out that one of the religions I plan to critique is my own religion.
    I will not trade for hacked/cloned pokemon.
    5th gen: I can breed max Sp.Att/Speed Zoruas with Extrasensory and Dark Pulse with a modest nature.

Darato suggests you PM an example of one of the discussions you're thinking about to him and to me first - he wants to see what you have in mind before making a decision. (He left a VM on my profile if you want to confirm.)

Robin Williams
    1951-2014

None, I don't believe I have to live a sorten way to be accepted.

Not all religious people are too stubborn to talk to.
    Most are, considering they want let things die. Instead they annoy the hell out of you until you admit your wrong. Really, its like talking to a brick wall.
    *Credit to Omega Elegy*
    Credit to Inferno Productions

Quote Originally Posted by Volts View Post
    Religious people are to stubborn to talk to anyways, or that's how I see it.
    Your right about some people, but not everyone with Religion is too stubborn to talk to. Your probably just talking to those individuals who are so stuck in their ways, they refuse to acknowledge anything you might have to say.

Which is why for the most part I refuse to discuss both my beliefs and about religion with my friends. Even worse situation my friend I'm closest too is a major Christian. I've noticed he has a bad attitude towards those that don't believe in the same religion has him. He doesn't say anything bad he talks calmly and politely which is a good thing. But you can just see it that he's disgusted with your beliefs just because there different from his :/

I honestly can't answer this question due to my lack of knowledge of other religions.

For the most part I don't care what Religion your in, or what your beliefs are. The one thing that I dislike is when people in their religion force their beliefs down other people's throats. Honestly I can't stand it when people do that, it's great you believe so greatly in your religious beliefs however you don't have the right to force it upon others who think differently.
    The proper approach is just to briefly show the person or discuss about it if the person is comfortable. After that let the person decide on their own.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

So in one of my classes we have people from all kinds of religious back grounds, and everything, and it's really fun to hear about their point of views on others. So far none are fighting, and irc one is in an arranged marriage.

L.F.D.

So in one of my classes we have people from all kinds of religious back grounds, and everything, and it's really fun to hear about their point of views on others. So far none are fighting, and irc one is in an arranged marriage.

L.F.D.
    What type of class is that ? And may i ask you guys do you think it makes sense for me to not be attached to any organized religion aswell as atheism or agnostic. Pretty much anything like that. I would say you could relate me to a n agnostic in a way but i dont wouldn't attach myself to any of these ?

Just a reading class, but we just talk with each other.

And its really to each his to do what they want and chose what they want to be part of.

L.F.D.

Seems like maybe we will not have the opportunity to enjoy JDavidC's company, alas. But as consolation, here's a funny image:

Clickety-clack!

Robin Williams
    1951-2014

Picture goes along with what I wanted to say Profesco

Let's say a 1000 or so years from now we get a new set of religions; since for the most part ours are based off old books we found and people's reactions to them, do you think Comic Books could become the next set of religions?

Personally depending on how life goes I think in one way or another it could happen. If we were to have some big worldwide thing like nuke war or something, and life reformed or an alien race visiting after we all pass away. I could see them mistaken it for our Gods. I mean we have tons of Comics on them, hold big events such as Comic Con, make more and more movies off of them, their symbols are everywhere from baby to adult clothing, households supplies, all kinds of action figures, and even as medicine bags for kids in hospitals, that could be seen as a way of praying.

If nothing like that happens, than will just be internet cults or something that get worse and flame each other.

L.F.D.

Hey, where did all my fellow atheists go? I happened upon this club accidentally, but nobody's been here for months. Oh, well.

Anyway, if I had to choose a religion, it wouldn't be any that I've hear of--I find all of them absurd with nothing going for them. I would make up my own--something with Pokemon, perhaps?

Yeah, bumping dead clubs isn't really allowed so this will have to be closed. Feel free to remake the club!

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223