Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Atheist & Agnostic Family

Quote Originally Posted by Darato View Post
    Welcome XatuGamer.

How about a topic?

If you were to marry someone who wanted some type of religious wedding would you be okay with it; and if so how much would you be willing to accept?

For me I really wouldn't care what she wanted for the wedding, but I'd like bats to be there in place of white doves, and since she picked the wedding I'd want all the kids named after Batman people.

L.F.D.
    This is word for word what my response was going to be.

Honestly, I'm in the same boat as you darato. I really wouldn't care having anything religious in my wedding if my wife wanted it when that time comes for me. If she wants it, then hey I'm all for it to make her happy and earn brownie points by not arguing the point and just letting it happen. I think the only problem would be I'd feel really awkward anytime they may mention something religious in the marriage ceremony as ministers/priests normally do, and trying to pass it off as I agree with whatever religious aspect your saying, but I hope you remember I don't believe in god/religious aspects for the most part my precher friend. Other than that all I ask is to be able to watch football, be lazy at times, have my mancave hidden from everyone else, and the kids will have some anime/epic video game related name to them whether it be the first, middle, or second middle name.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

If you were to marry someone who wanted some type of religious wedding would you be okay with it; and if so how much would you be willing to accept?
    I don't mind going along with cultural traditions. I'd have to be honest up front about not happening to believe the specifics, but if the fiancee or the officiator are fine to go along with me being fine to go along with them despite that, there's nothing to make waves about. (An aside: I know some religious weddings, like those in the Hindu tradition, are extremely scripted and elaborate; I probably wouldn't be comfortable with the pomp and circumstance kind of stuff, but that has nothing to do with religion. I'm just a timid guy. =P)

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Nah, I think I'd be fine with it. If my spouse-to-be wanted a religious wedding, I wouldn't want to prevent her/him celebrating that with his/her family. That being said, I probably wouldn't end up marrying somebody extremely religious anyway
    Q: What's a Metapod's favourite ice-cream??
    A: Hardendazs...
    ....yeah I suck at jokes:/
    KAKUNA MATATA
    Current Poke-activity : Pokemon White 2 Walkthrough - Set Mode, No Healing Items
    Current Progress: 4th Gym Leader

Welcome XatuGamer.

How about a topic?

For me I really wouldn't care what she wanted for the wedding, but I'd like bats to be there in place of white doves, and since she picked the wedding I'd want all the kids named after Batman people.

L.F.D.
    Honestly, no, i wouldn't like that at all. I dislike the tradition of a "good ol' Christian wedding." The whole ceremony part seems ridiculous to me, not to mention embarassing. Honestly I'd like a small, nonreligiously themed wedding with some trees, maybe with a Celtic theme.
    Thunder Ghouls is getting low on members and we could use your support. Join us
    FC for Trading and Battling:2666 3899 5906
    Name: Azukan(happyface) Record: 3W-8L
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/344uwsj.gif[/IMG] I have alot of bred Deinos. They need homes.

My Best Friend Pokemon: Smashy Gorebyss Honchkrow     Spoiler:- Credits:

Welcome XatuGamer.

How about a topic?

L.F.D.
    Mmm well I wouldn't mind, I mean if the gril was waesome enough (or I got screwed enough) to get me married then waht the heck let her have the wedding of her dreams
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

Considering that I'm reasonably anti-theist, probably not, no.

However if it meant I could play Love is in Bloom as the wedding song I'd bargain. :3
    THIS DAY IS GOING TO BE PERFECT
    Because love's in bloom~

"After all this time?"
    "Always", said Snape.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate

Considering that I'm reasonably anti-theist, probably not, no.

However if it meant I could play Love is in Bloom as the wedding song I'd bargain. :3
    Because love's in bloom~

"After all this time?"
    "Always", said Snape.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate

Quote Originally Posted by AzukanAsimbu View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J4ZuHEYXkk

Here. I've never been Christian or religious, but I would imagine this video would be able to teach you something.
    Thank you. I feel much better~

Quote Originally Posted by pkmnswampmaster View Post

try to make up your mind Powergilr has a great boobsonallity and Batgirl is awesome (and smart)
    Batgirl. I dressed up as her for Halloween once :P

Quote Originally Posted by XatuGamer View Post
    Well, I guess I'm agnostic atheist. Problem is that everyone else in my family believes I'm Christian, as they are.

I've been thinking (Yes, thinking ), and I've decided to take a more logical path. What's the point in believing something there's no proof of? (Apparently a lot, considering the number of religious people in the world)

The other thing is is that everyone I know irl is Christian, so it makes kind of difficult to find someone that can relate ._.
    I can relate. It is not fair the way parents want their kids to have their beliefs. Rant away. I feel your pain.
    Welcome XatuGamer.

How about a topic?

L.F.D.
    I am planning on remaining virgin, as I've already stated. But let's say I was in that situation just for the poor topic's sake. I would politely decline. I am not a liar or faker.

Hey, who wrote the Bible anyway? They're probably rich now...

Spoiler:- Some Things:

The Bible is a combination of multiple stories.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

There is always some huge discussion here.

A religious wedding? I don't think religion is very happy with same-sex marriages anyways, so.. no

Hello everyone! I'm back from retirement.

Long story short; I was raised Catholic by my Grandfather, until I learned about dinosaurs.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if that's what my bride desires. The most I could take is inside a church being married by a Pastor with little mention of God or Jesus.
    WHITE FC - 3138 9749 0073

[IMG]http://i56.*******.com/nysgo9.gif[/IMG]
    Credit to _Mew for the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post

A religious wedding? I don't think religion is very happy with same-sex marriages anyways, so.. no
    Depending where you live, some are willing to.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Yeah, maybe you're right.

I dont care about the ceremony, as I find marriage meaningless anyways.

Its more about how seriously the person takes the religious experience. If shes ultra religious, its probably not gonna work out between us.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Absol View Post

I am planning on remaining virgin,
    Like...forever?

Originally Posted by Moonlight Absol

I am planning on remaining a virgin,
    Originally Posted by Scubasteve23

Like...forever?
    That right there...is quote of the day maybe even week material. In all honesty, I read that and think... O3O and that sums up my feelings on that matter. But, I'm not gonna judge anyone's decision on the matter, but that was a good question/joke steve. I commend your effort even if you weren't trying to be funny as that's how I read that steve.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Been busy setting up my new computer lately, but now i am back in full force! How is everyone doing?

They don't even refer to them as marriages, haha. Instead they're "civil partnerships," in most (if not all) countries.

There are also certain religions that believe that homosexuality doesn't exist! :O (according to my ethics teacher.. though her reliability can be questioned on this sort of topic, haha)
    Last edited by FlyShyGuy; 30th April 2012 at 9:07 PM.
    Q: What's a Metapod's favourite ice-cream??
    A: Hardendazs...
    ....yeah I suck at jokes:/
    KAKUNA MATATA
    Current Poke-activity : Pokemon White 2 Walkthrough - Set Mode, No Healing Items
    Current Progress: 4th Gym Leader

No major religion believes homosexuality literally doesn't exist. Except perhaps Buddhism, or Jainism, if it can be counted, because I don't know too much about those.
    Because love's in bloom~

"After all this time?"
    "Always", said Snape.

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    That right there...is quote of the day maybe even week material. In all honesty, I read that and think... O3O and that sums up my feelings on that matter. But, I'm not gonna judge anyone's decision on the matter, but that was a good question/joke steve. I commend your effort even if you weren't trying to be funny as that's how I read that steve.
    I am truly glad you appreciated that my friend.

Darato is offline ❤ ❤❤ ❤❤❤ ❤❤❤❤ ❤❤❤❤❤[

I just wanted to say I love you all

L.F.D.

Gnostic Atheist reporting in.

Or I guess Agnostic, in the same way I'm agnostic about whether or not there are magic space-walruses on Europa. I mean, I guess I can't prove there AREN'T.

I believe I was in the old club-- May I join again?~
    Here are some links. Clicking on them, and then following their instructions will generate revenue from adds which is directly donated to one of many causes. You may click any of these links once a day to make a small donation. Please do so.

| Global Warming | Animals and Pet Shelters | Books For Children | Hunger | Breast Cancer | Children's Health Care

We're having religion as a subject at school next year. that might turn out interesting.

We're having religion as a subject at school next year. that might turn out interesting.
    I actually have religion as a subject at school. Kinda funny as you get so much stuff served right on a silver plate which you can just pick limb from limb.

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast