Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Atheist & Agnostic Family

Lol I actualy finished religion class with the best mark possible. Now that is a miracle.
    Last edited by 7 tyranitars; 1st May 2012 at 9:22 PM.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    We're having religion as a subject at school next year. that might turn out interesting.
    Have fun. Our religious studies lessons when I was at school would always end up with everyone in our class arguing with each other. We'd never actually study anything :P
    Q: What's a Metapod's favourite ice-cream??
    A: Hardendazs...
    ....yeah I suck at jokes:/
    KAKUNA MATATA
    Current Poke-activity : Pokemon White 2 Walkthrough - Set Mode, No Healing Items
    Current Progress: 4th Gym Leader

Religion class is all about telling them what they want to hear.
    And nice to meet you all.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede
    Originally posted by razorrozar7
    Jesus said, "Love thy neighbor." He didn't say, "Love thy neighbor as long as they are straight, white, Christian, morally responsible individuals."
    Officially claimed Aht from Radiant Historia.

Grammar: It's the difference between knowing your sh*t, and knowing you're sh*t.

Sounds like it's a fun discussion today. I wanna bring up a point that some guy kept flaming me about when I was on pokemon online earlier. He was just trolling and being a douchebag, but can't say his arguement was flawed. He said that in someway everyone's a christian even if they don't know it. My rebuttle was that I am in no way christian as I have no belief in a god nor endear the teachings of the church. Yet...he kept on flaming me about the fact that I subconsciously do believe in order not to believe in a god, otherwise I couldn't not believe. He kept on routing this to everyone being Christian, although I kept on bringing up the point I in no way acknowledge anything about the religion including a god and that I refute all teachings of the church. Although his pointless flaming continued before a mod so rightfully stopped him, the one thing that still rings in me is: Do we actually believe in a god just to not believe in him, whether we know it or not?
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    Sounds like it's a fun discussion today. I wanna bring up a point that some guy kept flaming me about when I was on pokemon online earlier. He was just trolling and being a douchebag, but can't say his arguement was flawed. He said that in someway everyone's a christian even if they don't know it. My rebuttle was that I am in no way christian as I have no belief in a god nor endear the teachings of the church. Yet...he kept on flaming me about the fact that I subconsciously do believe in order not to believe in a god, otherwise I couldn't not believe. He kept on routing this to everyone being Christian, although I kept on bringing up the point I in no way acknowledge anything about the religion including a god and that I refute all teachings of the church. Although his pointless flaming continued before a mod so rightfully stopped him, the one thing that still rings in me is: Do we actually believe in a god just to not believe in him, whether we know it or not?
    This argument might sound convincing but it's not, it's very similar to that one were since we say "god doesn't exist" we mentioned God, therefore it must exist to able to mention it, that argument is also invalid, to be fair if bith arguments were true then everyone christains would belive in other gods just to not belive in them, and if since we can mention God and that means it must exist to be emntioned then I guess that means that Spider-man and Pokemon exist since I mention them thefore they exist.
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

Do we actually believe in a god just to not believe in him, whether we know it or not?
    But if we dont know whether or not we believe him/her/it/what or not, then is there really any logical difference between that and not believing him/her/it/what?

I was gonna go buddha mode on this but then i remembered im not tactful enough to make a mind screw statement like buddha =x

Hes just trying to play "mind games." No, we don't believe in a God, that is why we ardently stand behind our belief. It is true we all have people we look up to, and people we worship (I mean that in a romantic way), but we do not (seriously) deitize anything. (By "seriously" I mean that i have a Minecraft "goddess" whom I build temples for on servers, but it is all for satire and/or fun. I do not actually believe in this deity.)
    Thunder Ghouls is getting low on members and we could use your support. Join us
    FC for Trading and Battling:2666 3899 5906
    Name: Azukan(happyface) Record: 3W-8L
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/344uwsj.gif[/IMG] I have alot of bred Deinos. They need homes.

My Best Friend Pokemon: Smashy Gorebyss Honchkrow     Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    The Bible is a combination of multiple stories.
    Who are the peeps who put it all together?

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    There is always some huge discussion here.

A religious wedding? I don't think religion is very happy with same-sex marriages anyways, so.. no
    People are so freaking judgemental. Let people be who they are!

Quote Originally Posted by Scubasteve23 View Post
    Like...forever?
    Let me think about it...

Yes.

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Do we actually believe in a god just to not believe in him, whether we know it or not?
    It's okay, you can say his argument was flawed. It's impossible to both believe in something and not believe in that exact thing simultaneously. It's completely nonsensical. Should you encounter this person again, then, you may respond to him by saying that, if he stands by his argument's validity (reminder: it has none), then he is a Christian as well as a Muslim, a Jew, a Zoroastrian, a Hindu, a Shintoist, a Satanist, an animist, a pantheist, a few different kinds of deist, and a pagan of positively schizophrenic multiplicity.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

No. I do because I'd really rather not live something that has been proven wrong over and over again. I actually became an atheist a few years ago, in the middle of the night. I was thinking about death, and then it hit me; there is no heaven. I ran crying to my mom, its so funny now that I remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Absol View Post

Let me think about it...

Yes.
    W...why? 0.o

No, we acknowledge that some people believe in the idea of god(s), but we do not acknowledge the existance of a god(s).

W...why? 0.o
    Why do you want to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Absol View Post
    Why do you want to know?
    I just never have heard someone saying they wanted to be a virgin until the day they died.

I just never have heard someone saying they wanted to be a virgin until the day they died.
    Me neither, but I figured it wasn't of my concern so I didn't ask
    My Friend Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by pkmnswampmaster View Post
    Me neither, but I figured it wasn't of my concern so I didn't ask
    But you know I like to know details my friend

But you know I like to know details my friend
    Details? you know that sounds creepy right?
    My Friend Safari:

And I'm not?

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    It's okay, you can say his argument was flawed. It's impossible to both believe in something and not believe in that exact thing simultaneously. It's completely nonsensical. Should you encounter this person again, then, you may respond to him by saying that, if he stands by his argument's validity (reminder: it has none), then he is a Christian as well as a Muslim, a Jew, a Zoroastrian, a Hindu, a Shintoist, a Satanist, an animist, a pantheist, a few different kinds of deist, and a pagan of positively schizophrenic multiplicity.
    Haha, I forgot the issue that come up with that kind of argument until now.

This definitely not the first time Ive heard of it before >>

Its not that creepy. I'd also like to know why someone would want to be a virgin forever (aside from religious reasons)
    Thunder Ghouls is getting low on members and we could use your support. Join us
    FC for Trading and Battling:2666 3899 5906
    Name: Azukan(happyface) Record: 3W-8L
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/344uwsj.gif[/IMG] I have alot of bred Deinos. They need homes.

My Best Friend Pokemon: Smashy Gorebyss Honchkrow     Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by AzukanAsimbu View Post
    Its not that creepy. I'd also like to know why someone would want to be a virgin forever (aside from religious reasons)
    Thank you!

Edit: Since you guys all love Batman so much, I just opened a Batman Fan Club
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...atman-Fan-Club
    Last edited by Scubasteve23; 8th May 2012 at 6:51 AM.

Darato is offline ❤ ❤❤ ❤❤❤ ❤❤❤❤ ❤❤❤❤❤[

Quote Originally Posted by AzukanAsimbu View Post
    Some people just look at things with another view at it.

L.F.D.

For instance, anal sex=/= losing virginity.
    THIS DAY IS GOING TO BE PERFECT
    Because love's in bloom~

"After all this time?"
    "Always", said Snape.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate

Thank you!

Edit: Since you guys all love Batman so much, I just opened a Batman Fan Club
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...atman-Fan-Club
    I am indifferend to it tbh.

Virginity is not an issue. Share your love for the one that deserves it.
    Wow, I feel like a loner

With blood and rage of crimson red, ripped from a corpse so freshly dead.
    Together with our hellish hate, we'll burn you all, that is your Fate!

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast