Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Atheist & Agnostic Family

I saw this picture earlier today and laughed. I apologize to those this probably offend

Attached Images Attached Images

With blood and rage of crimson red, ripped from a corpse so freshly dead.
    Together with our hellish hate, we'll burn you all, that is your Fate!

Y
    Quote Originally Posted by UnovaMaster View Post
    So I have an old friend who got a controlling girlfriend this year that turned him into a Christian and made him go from Bi to Straight. Now he's not himself anymore. What should I do?
    Tell the poor soulto stand up for himself. If he's homosexual, that's the way he is. She shouldn't interfere. Just read my rant on the Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Club thread on forced straightness.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    I saw this picture earlier today and laughed. I apologize to those this probably offend

0_o...(WUT?)

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Heh. How witty.

Has Darato done quotes?
    Thunder Ghouls is getting low on members and we could use your support. Join us
    FC for Trading and Battling:2666 3899 5906
    Name: Azukan(happyface) Record: 3W-8L
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/344uwsj.gif[/IMG] I have alot of bred Deinos. They need homes.

My Best Friend Pokemon: Smashy Gorebyss Honchkrow     Spoiler:- Credits:

Darato is offline ❤ ❤❤ ❤❤❤ ❤❤❤❤ ❤❤❤❤❤[

Wonderful picture.

Sorry I've been way everyone, but restarted White, and well that stuff is like crack.

How would you guys like to have The Weekly Quotes back?

L.F.D.

Do it! they where rather cool.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Weekly quotes sounds like fun

With blood and rage of crimson red, ripped from a corpse so freshly dead.
    Together with our hellish hate, we'll burn you all, that is your Fate!

Weekly quotes is something we definatly want back.

Regardless of that though. Norway just seperated state and church! So now we are ofically secularized yay!

Maybe God is just hiding.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Darato View Post
    How would you guys like to have The Weekly Quotes back?

L.F.D.
    I don't know what that is, but okay!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Geek View Post

Regardless of that though. Norway just seperated state and church! So now we are ofically secularized yay!
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSilverMstr411 View Post
    Maybe God is just hiding.
    What for?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Absol View Post
    What do you mean?
    Norway had up untill a few days ago a state church kinda like what England has. But Church and the goverment is now seperated. So we are now offically secular. Norway has not been much of a christian nation the last 10 years or so though. So such a development was in order.

Okay, startting Sunday I'll bring back the quotes.

Also. How would you guys feel about getting a Sunday session going? Kind of like a Church, but with lesson on treating everyone right, and just not those we see fit.

And for closing I'll leave you with this, to show you what we must not turn into with this idea.

L.F.D.

What is the code for English distribution of the DW Lucario?
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/344uwsj.gif[/IMG] I have alot of bred Deinos. They need homes.

Okay, startting Sunday I'll bring back the quotes.

Also. How would you guys feel about getting a Sunday session going? Kind of like a Church, but with lesson on treating everyone right, and just not those we see fit.

And for closing I'll leave you with this, to show you what we must not turn into with this idea.

L.F.D.
    So true, sad thing is most of them don't realise they are big a-holes.
    Last edited by 7 tyranitars; 24th May 2012 at 3:04 PM.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by AzukanAsimbu View Post
    What is the code for English distribution of the DW Lucario?
    For England, Canada, and Australia: LUCAEUROGAMERNET

Here's an interesting way you can reply should any of you ever encounter those folks who mock atheist communities as being useless and insubstantial the way a non-stamp-collecting community might be:

Stamp collectors are not a majority of the human population; stamp collectors do not have the power and inclination to set legal and social trends; stamp collectors are not a group whose shared beliefs and practices have historically defined the way schools, governments, and whole civilizations have been built and operated. Theists, on the other hand...

The modern atheist movement is justified in the context of the larger social environment in which it finds itself. It is substantiated and made necessary by the weight and power and presence of its opposite, theism. It is a useful and meaningful label to describe the collection of people who in some form or another don't fit the theist majority. "Nudist" is not a meaningless classification with no solid member base or purpose; "asexual" is not a meaningless classification with no solid member base or purpose; "blind" and "deaf" are not meaningless classifications with no solid member bases or purposes. And yet each of those group designations is merely a negation of a social norm, like atheism. The shared quality in those groups may be just one small strand among the near-infinite ways in which the populations otherwise differ, but does that mean they cannot organize, share any goals, or speak to the way their societies are being run? Of course not.

(Been feeling loquacious lately.)

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    For England, Canada, and Australia: LUCAEUROGAMERNET

Here's an interesting way you can reply should any of you ever encounter those folks who mock atheist communities as being useless and insubstantial the way a non-stamp-collecting community might be:

Stamp collectors are not a majority of the human population; stamp collectors do not have the power and inclination to set legal and social trends; stamp collectors are not a group whose shared beliefs and practices have historically defined the way schools, governments, and whole civilizations have been built and operated. Theists, on the other hand...

The modern atheist movement is justified in the context of the larger social environment in which it finds itself. It is substantiated and made necessary by the weight and power and presence of its opposite, theism. It is a useful and meaningful label to describe the collection of people who in some form or another don't fit the theist majority. "Nudist" is not a meaningless classification with no solid member base or purpose; "asexual" is not a meaningless classification with no solid member base or purpose; "blind" and "deaf" are not meaningless classifications with no solid member bases or purposes. And yet each of those group designations is merely a negation of a social norm, like atheism. The shared quality in those groups may be just one small strand among the near-infinite ways in which the populations otherwise differ, but does that mean they cannot organize, share any goals, or speak to the way their societies are being run? Of course not.

(Been feeling loquacious lately.)
    *US distribution. Excuse me.

*US distribution. Excuse me.
    Oh, well I can't help you there. Lucario was given out when you bought a BW game from Target; the codes were personalized, so there's not a way to get one off wi-fi the way all the other countries are getting them.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Nice video Darato. Pretty much how theist seems like for me as a an atheist.

I don't get it... What's supposed to sarcastic?

Amazing.

So today two of my nephews has baseball games (My sister's two boys), and two of my brother's kids were coming to the game to watch and play with their cousins. My sister-in-law hung out for a while with another nephew and my niece to play and show me how to work something. I took a show, and felt like playing a trick on them, so was in my bedroom was going to dress up as Batman and go down the fire escape and come to the door and knock on it and tell them about the Church of Batman. Got to the last step of the ladder and went to hold on, but missed fail over six feet slamming my jaw on bricks, and having the back of my body bend towards the front. All I have to show for it is cuts.

L.F.D.

So today two of my nephews has baseball games (My sister's two boys), and two of my brother's kids were coming to the game to watch and play with their cousins. My sister-in-law hung out for a while with another nephew and my niece to play and show me how to work something. I took a show, and felt like playing a trick on them, so was in my bedroom was going to dress up as Batman and go down the fire escape and come to the door and knock on it and tell them about the Church of Batman. Got to the last step of the ladder and went to hold on, but missed fail over six feet slamming my jaw on bricks, and having the back of my body bend towards the front. All I have to show for it is cuts.

L.F.D.
    Sorry for the injury, that's the price of being batman
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

L.F.D.
    I ditto with pkmswampmaster on this one :P

L.F.D.
    Ouch. Did you forget your batarang?

So I was wondering if this is a "family", can I be the annoying brother?
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

Ouch. Did you forget your batarang?
    He didn't go into Detective Mode.
    THIS DAY IS GOING TO BE PERFECT
    Because love's in bloom~

"After all this time?"
    "Always", said Snape.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate

Quote Originally Posted by pkmnswampmaster View Post
    So I was wondering if this is a "family", can I be the annoying brother?
    Sorry bud, I'm kind of trying out for that position at the moment.

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast