Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Most Improved Pokemon of this Generation

Feraligatr, Kingler, Cloyster, Gyarados, Kabutops, are some who didn't give a **** that they could have scald. Not to mention the water pokemon that could use scald alright but it didn't help there usage.
    And some special attackers also didn't care. Starmie didn't, it's too offensive for that.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Alakazam got Psyshock (same as most if not all other psychic pokemon) and It also got Magic guard which gave it a huge boost and put it back in OU (or at least made it more popular.)

Gliscor got Poision heal which resulted in several annoying new sets, It also got Accrobatics which is the hardest hitting useable flying move in the game when combined with flying gem and stab.

Gyarados and Salamance got moxie to boost their attacks (both lose outrage if they have moxie as outrage is a move tutor move.)

Gorebyss, Huntail, Cloytster, and Clamperl got Shell smash which is the best offensive boosting move in the game.

Vaporian and Whishcash got both Scald and Hydration which works well with Politoad. On a side note Dragonite got Multiscale and Hurricane which it can abuse in the rain along with surf and thunder.

Venomoth got Quiver dance which makes it useable especially with baton pass (I think thats a regular, egg, or Pokemon xd move but it does get it.)

Butterfree also got quiver dance so it can be somewhat useable.

Smeagle got Gear shift (+1 atk +2 speed), Quiver dance (+1 s.atk +1s.def +1 speed), and Shell smash (+2 atk +2s.atk +2 speed -1 def -1 s.def) to increase its baton pass capabilities
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

Quote Originally Posted by fearless rocker View Post
    all water pokemon improved with scald
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    Not a fact ^

Feraligatr, Kingler, Cloyster, Gyarados, Kabutops, are some who didn't give a **** that they could have scald. Not to mention the water pokemon that could use scald alright but it didn't help there usage.
    Yeah, I guess it was only special attacking waters, and ones more defensively orientated as well. Still a lot of mons though!
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Well i'd say vaporeon got a little nice thing with hydration offensive rest vaporeon is a boss

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Has Sheer Force Nidoking, Nidoqueen, and Feraligatr been mentioned yet? SF is certainly the best ability that these Pokemon can have. Even if Feraligatr has to give up Ice Punch and Dragon Dance, it still has Swords Dance, and Ice Fang becomes stronger than an un-SF boosted Ice Punch.

Slowbro, Slowking, Ho-Oh, and Tangrowth now have Regenerator, which can negate entry hazard damage if used correctly.

Lucario and Gallade have gotten Justified, which IMO, is superior to Steadfast and Inner Focus.

Finally,Breloom and Roserade get perfectly-accurate high-powered moves with technician.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

Feraligatr is released yet but i can see that being strong. Nidoking + queen did benefit greatly from their abilities, I guess they just aren't seen around enough. Nidoking could be a potent offensive Pokemon with some more speed. He is cursed with a below par speed stat which hurts him. Especially because he wouldn't have to fear priority moves that much as he resists the common ones.

GodDamnZilla

I didn't really see this, so...
    Venasaur. It went from completely out-classed to the best of the best (Grass-type, I mean). With Chlorophyll, it had the Speed, and with Growth, it had the raw power. Overall, it became way better this gen.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Ninetales, Salamence and Politoed.

Ninetales & Politoed got WAY better -- Both being moved from NU all the way up to OU, thanks to their new abilities Drought and Drizzle.
    And Mence gets Moxie, which is probably one of the best abilities of the game [in my opinion].
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

Dragonite...for sure. Multiscale and a lum berry alone with a couple dragon dances, roosts and this thing is the perfect sweeper.
    Black FC: 5028 7872 0522 (Travis)

My shiny pokemon:

Quote Originally Posted by TheAwesomeGarchompHD View Post
    Ninetales, Salamence and Politoed.

Ninetales & Politoed got WAY better -- Both being moved from NU all the way up to OU, thanks to their new abilities Drought and Drizzle.
    And Mence gets Moxie, which is probably one of the best abilities of the game [in my opinion].
    I'm sure this has been discussed before and although Moxie does seem like a great ability, Salamence itself really hasn't improved at all this generation. Moxie causes him to lose out on an intimidate which is useful sometimes to force switches and increase its physical bulk temporarily. Salamence mostly fell from glory though due to the huge boost Dragonite got. Dragonite is now the OU Dragon to use between the two. Salamence still has its usefulness such as the ScarfMoxie set which can be devastating but in the big picture Salamence hasn't improved this generation really. Therefore i do not believe it deserves to be on the list.

GodDamnZilla

Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    I'm sure this has been discussed before and although Moxie does seem like a great ability, Salamence itself really hasn't improved at all this generation. Moxie causes him to lose out on an intimidate which is useful sometimes to force switches and increase its physical bulk temporarily. Salamence mostly fell from glory though due to the huge boost Dragonite got. Dragonite is now the OU Dragon to use between the two. Salamence still has its usefulness such as the ScarfMoxie set which can be devastating but in the big picture Salamence hasn't improved this generation really. Therefore i do not believe it deserves to be on the list.
    You are correct in that Salamance hasn't improved this gen but it did get more variety which does help it. Also Salamance is the more offensive based dragon so it does have some things over Dragonite (higher atk, speed, and s.atk) While Dragonite gets higher def and s.def but not higher hp. Salamance was uber last gen for a reason so its use should increase after the excitiment of all the new pokemon wear off.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

uhm I don't think its excitement over "all new pokemon" , 5th gen. has been out a while and I see no reason for Dragonite to fall from glory and Salamence to gain back its spot.

GodDamnZilla

Quote Originally Posted by redcharzard View Post
    You are correct in that Salamance hasn't improved this gen but it did get more variety which does help it. Also Salamance is the more offensive based dragon so it does have some things over Dragonite (higher atk, speed, and s.atk) While Dragonite gets higher def and s.def but not higher hp. Salamance was uber last gen for a reason so its use should increase after the excitiment of all the new pokemon wear off.
    The reason people aren't using Salamence has nothing to do with new pokemon. As John Wallrein said, gen 5 has been around for quite some time. The reason it fell from glory was because it's much easier to make Dragonite set up. With multi scale, it can even set up on ice attacks. Seriously, I've done it. If it manages to set up without breaking multi scale, that means it can either go for a second dragon dance, or avoid revenge kill from something like scarf Latios or Terrakion. And then there is always the option of scarf moxie mence, but that's always locked into one attack, which may force it to swap out, which can be a pain with it's weakness to stealth rock. Don't get me wrong, I'm not really saying Dragonite outclasses Salamence, but Dragonite is a lot easier to use.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Okay. No more Salamence. Nobody bring it up.

Looking for an LC Tutor! Requirements:
    - 6 month minimum experience
    - Appropriate ladder points (1250pts+)
    - PO for communication
    - Must have acceptable schedule

If you have any questions, PM/VM me.

If we can do Pokemon yet to get abilities but would be improved this gen, I'd say Ditto. Imposter is going to make Ditto actually viable once it is released. If we can't do slightly in the future Pokemon, something that hasn't really been mentioned is Murkrow (Prankster is pretty good on it), I may edit this later when I think of some other things
    Back : D
    I help write the Pokemon of the Week!
    Trapped since February 9, 2013
    Woooo competitive. Also doing ASB, with my squad being here.
    Also have a Youtube channel where I do Nintendo News. Woo.

without counting DW (I mean blaziken, breloom, ditto, etc.) Dragonite with multiscale, ninetails and politoed are the ones that cometomy mind. Politoed and Ninetails werent really used in the OU tier last gen but now, with their abilities, thay changed completly the metagame.
    Espeon, Glisscor, Salamence, Vaporeon, Alakazam, Sharpedo, Slowbro, Tentacruel, Tangrowth or even jynx also got a jump with their dream world ability.
    "Everything will be all right in the end.
    If it's not all right, then it's not the end."

Quagsire. Opponents dd nite is at +6? No probs
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Dragonite, Ninetales, Politoed, Venusaur and Cloyster. The first 4 for their abilities, the latter for Shell Smash. None could ever DREAM of such an improvement!

Besides the obvious new weather inducers,

Dragonite. Now that the metagame is bulky-oriented and the new ****-YOU-SCALE, Dragonite is now officially the greatest dragon of all time OF ALL TIME!

Venasaur. Use to be top-tier in UU, Now it's top-tier in Sun in general. Thanks to perma sun+chlorophyll and growth no longer sucking, Venasaur is now pro.

Blaziken. Lol Speed-boost

Chansey. Did anyone expect the eviolite to be real and make Chansey the bulkiest pokemon in existence? No. Surprise!

Alakazam. Magic Guard. Exactly what Alakazam needed.

Cloyster. Shell smash was specifically engineered by top tier gaming scientists to turn this thing into a killing machine. It worked.
    MewtwoTHOUSAND is an original character DO NOT STEAL.

Oh and I use cheating devices to hack legitimate pokemon that I use for my own amusement only, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    I believe Salamence was a heavily boosted Pokemon because now that it got Moxie it can run a Choice Scarf and a Dragon Dance set very effectively
    I totally agree

Well, Blaziken got moved to Uber. That was a boost. Overall, though, Politoed/ Ninetales brought back other weather conditions, and Dragonite became awesome with Multiscale.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede
    Originally posted by razorrozar7
    Jesus said, "Love thy neighbor." He didn't say, "Love thy neighbor as long as they are straight, white, Christian, morally responsible individuals."
    Officially claimed Aht from Radiant Historia.

Grammar: It's the difference between knowing your sh*t, and knowing you're sh*t.

Honestly, I would say gastrodon. It went from being an inferior swampert and quagsire in gen 4. Living in NU but doing ok for itself. To being a top tier defencive threat in OU used on many successful teams, all down to its ability to completely wall 80% of rain teams and to stop the ever annoying Rotom-W cold.

Spoiler:- Credits:
    [Img]http://i52.*******.com/1znacxw.gif[/img]

Politoed and Ninetales - Weather.
    Dragonite with Multiscale is awesome.
    Cloyster + Shell Smash is a good sweeper.
    Espeon and Xatu with Magic Bounce.
    Sableye with Prankster.
    Heatran with Air balloon (?)
    Moxie Salamence.
    Speed Boost Blaziken.

In no particular order:

- Prankster Sableye
    - Multiscale Dragonite
    - Magic Guard Alakazam
    - Eviolite Porygon2 / Chansey / Dusclops / *insert other Eviolite user here*
    - Drought Ninetales
    - Drizzle Politoed
    - Moxie Salamence
    - Regenerator Slowbro / Slowking
    - Regenerator Tangela / Tangrowth
    - Magic Bounce Espeon / Xatu
    - Speed Boost Blaziken
    - Chlorophyll Venusaur

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    In no particular order:

- Prankster Sableye
    - Multiscale Dragonite
    - Magic Guard Alakazam
    - Eviolite Porygon2 / Chansey / Dusclops / *insert other Eviolite user here*
    - Drought Ninetales
    - Drizzle Politoed
    - Moxie Salamence
    - Regenerator Slowbro / Slowking
    - Regenerator Tangela / Tangrowth
    - Magic Bounce Espeon / Xatu
    - Speed Boost Blaziken
    - Chlorophyll Venusaur
    Pretty sure you got them all lol. I think the Pokemon who got the biggest boost would be between Dragonite/Ninetales/Politoed

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast