Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Most Improved Pokemon of this Generation

Politoed and Ninetales for sure but it annoys me that Gamefreak didn't give the weather abilities to other needy pokemon but gave them to these two

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Politoed and Ninetales for sure but it annoys me that Gamefreak didn't give the weather abilities to other needy pokemon but gave them to these two
    Cause if arcanaine,chandelure, entei or darmanitan could bring sun or kingdra,vaporeon, gyarados could bring rain they will be damn powerful so they choose some sub par pokemons to make them useable and balanced so people will use them.

I think that if they would give drizzle only to magikarp and drought only to sunkren they both would be OU XD

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Has Magic Bounce Xatu been mentioned? In DPPt, it was in NU, but it now can function in Ubers due to its ability to reflect entry hazards and status.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

I would say Gliscor with its new DW Ability also Blaziken, he went all they to Ubers didnt he? Politoed went from nobody to hero this gen.

Well, anything that has got a decent DW Ability has improved really.

But people have mentioned them already, so I'm gonna be a baws and mention something that isn't obvious: Dugtrio. Yep, with the huge spike in weather teams, winning the weather war has become very important. Dugtrio's ability to trap the opponent, along with it's high speed, decent attack and STAB Earthquake, means it can quite easily win the game for you, with the right prediction.

Ice Cold Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dewott View Post
    Well, anything that has got a decent DW Ability has improved really.

But people have mentioned them already, so I'm gonna be a baws and mention something that isn't obvious: Dugtrio. Yep, with the huge spike in weather teams, winning the weather war has become very important. Dugtrio's ability to trap the opponent, along with it's high speed, decent attack and STAB Earthquake, means it can quite easily win the game for you, with the right prediction.
    I love Dugtrio in this gen. Tyranitar? No prob. Ninetails? No prob. Politoed? Run Reversal and you got it. and then once the weather starter is out, Memento will give your next mon a turn of easy set-up.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by thatjeremykid View Post
    I love Dugtrio in this gen. Tyranitar? No prob. Ninetails? No prob. Politoed? Run Reversal and you got it. and then once the weather starter is out, Memento will give your next mon a turn of easy set-up.
    Reversal will not allow you to beat a defensive politoed. Dugtrio didn't itself improve this generation, though it just became more "useful" due to the prevalence of Sand and to a lesser extent Sun. So I personally am not sure for Dugtrio especially because it really doesn't help at all outside of beating Sun/Sand starters and is easily killed by well, any attack with its abysmall defenses. But winning weather wars can be a huge part of any game so theres that too.

GodDamnZilla

Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    Reversal will not allow you to beat a defensive politoed. Dugtrio didn't itself improve this generation, though it just became more "useful" due to the prevalence of Sand and to a lesser extent Sun. So I personally am not sure for Dugtrio especially because it really doesn't help at all outside of beating Sun/Sand starters and is easily killed by well, any attack with its abysmall defenses. But winning weather wars can be a huge part of any game so theres that too.
    It doesn't even hit hard enough to kill any of them if they're defensive. Except, maybe Ninetails. And then they live and KO with Scald/Ice Beam.
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

-Alex

Quote Originally Posted by okiri View Post
    I would say Gliscor with its new DW Ability also Blaziken, he went all they to Ubers didnt he? Politoed went from nobody to hero this gen.
    as did ninetales
    cloyster has really improved with shell smash

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    as did ninetales
    cloyster has really improved with shell smash
    Cloysters gotten easier to Counter lately. When he first came out, he was very hard to take on. At least for me.
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

-Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Cause if arcanaine,chandelure, entei or darmanitan could bring sun or kingdra,vaporeon, gyarados could bring rain they will be damn powerful so they choose some sub par pokemons to make them useable and balanced so people will use them.

I think that if they would give drizzle only to magikarp and drought only to sunkren they both would be OU XD
    I know, but why not Golduck, or Whiscash, or Flareon, or Rapidash anyway Sableye has done wonders in UU

i feel nidoking can make that list. with the addition of sheer force, he can even duel it around in ou. a top threat present in uu, with great coverage. my thoughts, though i dont think he changed tiers.

About Nidoking, and I believe it has been said before, it is hard to just slap him onto a team and keep that team synergized with his weaknesses

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

dragonite got a disturbing amount of toys this gen, also xatu, sableye and tangrowth.
    Eviolite gave us tangela, porygon 2 and chansey as well.
    Not to mention blaiziken.
    Who said moe cant be Gar?

Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664
    Poison safari : Muk Cascoon Venomoth

LF 6iv Rash Diancie.I got nothing decent to offer just consider it a charity of some sort PM me if you are willing to help. Ty to the noble souls who helped me on previous requests.

Blaziken. He was considered Average in 3rd gen and mediocre in 4th gen but now he is uber.

I also think that Blaziken is underrated in 5th gen.
    Quote Originally Posted by broomstig
    Computers are brilliant, its the users that cause the problems.
    3DS FC: 3497 1041 4758
    Credit to: Sworn Metalhead for the frontier symbol, Astral Shadow for the trinity ice and frontier userbars and Fairywitch for the pokegyms userbar and Kida-Ookami for the ice badge.

Machamp definitely got a boost with no guard.
    Hey i'm new and i need to test my team out so if u want to battle just contact me!
    White FC
    2966-8076-7450
    Gavman

Win Loss: 7/4

Slowbro, with regenerator, ditto, sableye, ninetales, politoed, murkrow ( prankster + eviolite), espeon, xatu.

Machamp had No Guard since 4gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    I also think that Blaziken is underrated in 5th gen.
    It's Uber for a reason, you know....

I don't see how it's underrated one bit.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 90 Points
    I need to finish Bravely Default, Mega Man 2, my Pokemon Emerald Nuzloche, and the entire Metroid Prime Trilogy, and I want to do all of this by October 3rd.
    Since when did playing video require so much schedule management?

Ditto FTW as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    It's Uber for a reason, you know....

I don't see how it's underrated one bit.
    As an OU sweeper, I don't think anyone with decent experience would underestimate it. However, I do think that Blaziken is underestimated as an Uber. I've heard so many people complain about its ban, stating that it doesn't have a chance in Ubers. As someone who has played extensively with it on an Uber team, I can tell you that Blaziken can absolutely destroy teams as long as you can get it in and set up safely (which isn't that hard). So I guess it could be considered underrated as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    As an OU sweeper, I don't think anyone with decent experience would underestimate it. However, I do think that Blaziken is underestimated as an Uber. I've heard so many people complain about its ban, stating that it doesn't have a chance in Ubers. As someone who has played extensively with it on an Uber team, I can tell you that Blaziken can absolutely destroy teams as long as you can get it in and set up safely (which isn't that hard). So I guess it could be considered underrated as it is now.
    Agreed. To be honest, I think its mostly due to the whole "it's not Uber with Blaze" stance many (including myself) have. Still, with its defences and how hard the competition in Ubers hits, it's tricky to find the right time to snag a Swords Dance. Giratina's another problem...
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Before B2W2, lots of people said normal Kyurem was bad in that it had a small movepool, vulnerability to entry hazards, and average speed, but it was probably the best abuser of Hail. It could tear through teams with Blizzard and Draco Meteor coming off a base 130 special attack, and could function even better with a choice scarf. Of course, now White Kyurem outclasses it, but still...
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

Yeah, Kyurem really improved with the advent of BW2. It now has the recovery is wanted so badly thanks to Roost, and Earth Power gives it a great coverage move without have to rely on Focus Miss. It also makes a great SubRoost user with its great defenses and incredible offenses.

Most improved Poke of this Generation? I'd have to say Xatu. You'd go around seeing a Xatu in DPP maybe once or twice every 100 or so battles. Now Xatu has become a common place on teams, some even use it over Espeon due to extra coverage. Magic Bounce has been a great addition to this more of a glass cannon Pokemon.

Another major improvement this generation would probably have to go to an item, the Eviolite. The eviolite allows NFEs with very high stats already have their defenses even better. Eviolite also changed how the Little Cup tier is played greatly.

My final Most Improved Pokemon would probably be Gliscor. The addition of Poison Heal on him makes him a great Pokemon in Rain, Sun or even Clear Skies. With the advent of BW2 and the move tutors, Gliscor just got a great flying STAB in Sky Attack and a reliable healing move in Roost. Gliscor might be looking to be a top 10 OU Pokemon, stretching to maybe even top 5 very soon

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast