Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi Ho Silver Wind! (398)

Default Hi Ho Silver Wind! (398)

Hi Ho Silver Wind

It's the Grand Festival. The Time when all Co-ordinators who have one 5 contests come together to decide finally who is the best co-ordinator. May enters with her 5 Pokémon but does she have a chance of winning?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Harley's a scheming *******, and he deserves everything that happens to him.

I almost feel sorry for Team Rocket in these three episodes. They try so hard, and nothing goes as planned.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Yup...Harley does...and das good ...

it was a good EP...SWALOT...eating JESSIE
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

A swalot ate Jessie? Dub script time!
    Jessie:Oh great, maybe we should have gotten into this grand festival the traditional way
    Swalot: Gulp, gulp, gulp (eats jessie) burp!
    James: Don't worry, I've got a (flips through book) ground or psychc type, right? Okay just come out cacnea!
    Cacnea: Cacnea!! (hugs james)
    James: Can you tell the difference? I'm not a poison type, that is! (points at swalot)

(a dub script is what I think the dub lines are going to be like)

Swalot ate Jessie! .... How erotic.

I think they need to work more on their "random Pokemon being trained" background fillers. We saw Houndoom and Jynx... who were just in the previous Contest! So what's this, see it once and its appearence rate goes up!?
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    Harley's a scheming *******, and he deserves everything that happens to him.

I almost feel sorry for Team Rocket in these three episodes. They try so hard, and nothing goes as planned.
    Isn't that a little... harsh? I mean, I know Harley is a bit of a... b*tch, for want of a better word, but I don't think he deserves everything that he gets. He's just easily offended. If everyone thought that about him, then his current way of acting and living would just go on and on and thus end up with him going out of control with bitterness and hatred. ;_;

Ya gotta love Harley in this epi. The schemes, the exaggerated niceness, the personality of that guy...good they have such a guy in the GF. The episode itself was a good build-up. It gave us a little taste of what to come and it brought us in the ''GF mood''. I do have a question: What was Gonbe's problem? Did it eat a wrong Poke Block or something?

~Toshi~ Guest

Such a great ep ^^ and I don't even know 100% of what's going on because I could only rely on the ep pics.

I knew Drew would make it to the Grand Festival- but Harley made it too? It was a surprise for me to see that he made it. Eh, I guess I should have known, because of what happened at the end of the Izabel (is that right?) Contest episode.

How come May seemed to buy everything he was saying? Drew looked suspicious of Harley though...

It was cute that Drew gave May a rose ^^

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    I think they need to work more on their "random Pokemon being trained" background fillers. We saw Houndoom and Jynx... who were just in the previous Contest! So what's this, see it once and its appearence rate goes up!?
    I'd prefer to have some pokemon get more screen time than others... keep it all randomised as opposed to them all getting the same.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Hmm, Harley's scheme to win Haruka's trust worked a bit too well if you ask me. So he merely appologizes and now he's everyone's friend? It just seems a bit too convenient for the writers. >>

I am rather glad of it though, because Harley was probably the best part of this episode. The way he pretended to be so sweet and nice was hilarious, especially when he kept popping up randomly throughout the episode.XD And his Engrish also had me in stitches. "Harley to temo happy!" (hope I got the spelling on that right.XP)

I also liked the little scene where it shows everyone tuned in the grand festival. It was nice to see some of the old (and some not-so-old) characters again and it reminded me of the Indigo League when everyone in Masara Town tuned in to watch Satoshi.
    Last edited by Heracross; 11th April 2005 at 9:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flygone
    I do have a question: What was Gonbe's problem? Did it eat a wrong Poke Block or something?
    Gonbe snatched up a Pokeblock that a random trainer was feeding his Jiguzaguma, so Masato quickly gave Gonbe a Haruka Delicious Pokeblock, which filled it up and put it right to sleep. It stayed that way for the rest of the episode.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Swalot ate Jessie! .... How erotic
    what? People being eaten attracts you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash
    what? People being eaten attracts you?
    Don't think he meant it that way... >>;

Like I said, animeking goes for the tykes.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Like I said, animeking goes for the tykes.
    I'm known as Gaiash now

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Hmm, Harley's scheme to win Haruka's trust worked a bit too well if you ask me. So he merely appologizes and now he's everyone's friend? It just seems a bit too convenient for the writers. >>

I am rather glad of it though, because Harley was probably the best part of this episode. They way he pretended to be so sweet and nice was hilarious, especially when he kept popping up randomly throughout the episode.XD And his Engrish also had me in stitches. "Harley to temo happy!" (hope I got the spelling on that right.XP)

I also liked the little scene where it shows everyone tuned in the grand festival. It was nice to see some of the old (and some not-so-old) characters again and it reminded me of the Indigo League when everyone in Masara Town tuned in to watch Satoshi.
    'Totemo' (Very for those that don't know) is just one word. ^_^ Oh, and I agree totally. You know, it may just be me, but I think Harley may be English or something. I mean, isn't constantly spouting random English a sign that a character is English/American? I mean, the odd word is okay and Japanesey and such, but when you hear 'GO MY BUD-DAYS NOKUTASU AND JUNPETTA!!!' you start to think. *nods*

Oh, and my favorite line of the episode: "Totemo SUPRISE!" XD Genius. Pure Genius. XD

Ah! Did anybody else notice Harley's constant use of the word 'kamo'? You'd think that May would get what was going on just by that. ^_^o

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Oh, and my favorite line of the episode: "Totemo SUPRISE!" XD Genius. Pure Genius. XD
    o
    lol if only there were sum way to keep that in the dub

My God, the Engrish... *cracks up* Harley is WONDERFUL.

The Incarnation Pokemon Guest

Aww, y'all beat me to the talk about Harley and his Engrish...
    Ditto that. Very muchly. *nodnod* And I was rather surprised myself at the lack of accent when he said that line (because the accent was a bit more noticeable in his other lines of Engrish). So I guess what I mean to say is, just from watching him in that episode:
    "Harley totemo CUTE!" <3

'Totemo' (Very for those that don't know) is just one word. ^_^
    Ahh, well I was close anyway.XP I just spelled it out exactly how it sounded, but I obviously couldn't tell if it was one word or not.

I couldn't help noticing something - when Harley first shows up and calls out to May, is it just me or does he pronounce 'Haruka-chan' with a bit of an American twang? It's probably nothing, but I thought it was funny.

BTW, what does 'totemo' mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Jo
    I couldn't help noticing something - when Harley first shows up and calls out to May, is it just me or does he pronounce 'Haruka-chan' with a bit of an American twang? It's probably nothing, but I thought it was funny.

BTW, what does 'totemo' mean?
    Like I said, 'totemo' means 'very'. I'm very SUPRISE that you didn't know that, Jo-Jo. XD

Ha. Ever since that Izabe episode, 'kamo' has become quite famous. I recall that guy with the boat using it in the Donphan episode, Jessie using it a few times (Usually in mocking of May.) and, of course, teh Harley. I love the bit after May says she's 'genki kamo' and Harley starts saying kamo over and kamo, clasping his hands together and such. :3

Even better is when Harley gets 'nervous' and really starts to take the p*ss out of May's kamo usage. XD

Okay, so what does Kamo actually mean? Is it just like how Meowth ends his sentances with "Nya" in the original, like a trademark or does it actually mean something.

The Incarnation Pokemon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    Okay, so what does Kamo actually mean? Is it just like how Meowth ends his sentances with "Nya" in the original, like a trademark or does it actually mean something.
    Some speculate that it's a shortened version of "kamoshirenai", which means "perhaps" or "might" or "maybe". Other than that, I have no idea...

Murgatroyd says it's basically meaningless, like an idiosyncracy of May's. I guess it's kinda like how some people overuse "like" in English. "I was, like, going to the mall, and this car, like, swerved right in front of me!" That kinda thing.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast