Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Berry, Berry, Interesting (394)

Missed the first half. >_<

Max: "If this works, I'll eat my hat."
    *Munchy hops down*
    "Good thing I don't wear a hat."

Laugh of the episode. TC was blatantly obvious (They should have used Kecleon to give some slight name confusion), and the rest was okay, not great.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

This was one of the best episodes in my opinion! Although, I would've prefered that they used the same VA as the Munchlax in Destiny Deoxys
    Last edited by Poké_Master; 11th February 2006 at 8:37 PM.

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

http://www.auraguardians.net/

NOTE: The site is not up yet so the link will not work.

I loved this Episode!!! It was pretty funny too!
    Munchlax is one of my FAVORITE Pokemon!!! I'm SO glad I didn't miss this episode!
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

I liked this episode. Pokemon reactions were hilarious. I like Munchlax, can't wait for the Grand Festival.

8/10

Munchlax liking May's purple surprise was obvious, but I didn't expect Jessie to like it, lol.

Munchlax has a good voice, the same voice it did in the seventh movie (which reminds me that Snorlax changed its VA... shoot).

Wow, I don't know why I can't think of anything else to say about this episode. I've got a lot for Morrison's debut, though. Heh. -_-; 7/10.

Team rocket was actually funny in this episode. seriously, it made me laugh when they were trying to get munchlax out of the bag of pokeblocks.
    here's a gem:

Quote Originally Posted by jessie
    get out of the balloon you freeloading fatty!
    You never were there....but you never were here, either...
    This the Prince Manaphy, my bishie. *hugs*
    Thanks to Coronis for the Manaphy sprite and ~*SeijisSeviper*~ for the Anti-Manaphy!

Lol, this episode was pretty funny if ya ask me. My favorite part was when May was trying to capture Munchlax. I liked how Munchlax keeps on eating too.

I LOVED this episode! It was hilarious and it was one of the best ones yet! (The episodes lately have been dubbed pretty good I guess =/)

Satoshi's Tamato berry lips were priceless and when he went out to train with Yukiwarashi and Pikachuu smacked into the door was Hilarious!

Masato didn't annoy me in this episode and one of my favorite quotes from this episode:
    Masato:" If this works i'll eat my hat"
    *munchlax goes after the pokeblock*
    Masato:"Good thing I don't wear a hat"

It kinda looked like Musashi and Kojirou put some thought into their disguises cause at least they changed their hair.

The Pokeblock faces were priceless, including Foretos spinning rapidly out of control and Pikachuu's "OMG I JUST SWALLOWED POISON!" look.

Gonbe is one of my favorite pokemon and I would have preferred something a little closer to it's Kawaii Japanese voice...but I guess this works. (plus I have Japanese episodes if I want to hear it)

Overall I give this episode a 10/10. Great Episode!
    Watch out kids...He's coming for you!

Altair Guest

Quote Originally Posted by XD001emerald
    Team rocket was actually funny in this episode. seriously, it made me laugh when they were trying to get munchlax out of the bag of pokeblocks.
    here's a gem:
    I loved that line too. I couldn't stop laughing!

The part where Pikachu swallows the pokeblock... OMG!
    That was the funniest thing I have ever seen! That kept me in stitches hours after the episode was over.

probably the best part was when all of the pokemon were "owned" by mays pokeblocks XD! even better, they're avatars!
    You never were there....but you never were here, either...
    This the Prince Manaphy, my bishie. *hugs*
    Thanks to Coronis for the Manaphy sprite and ~*SeijisSeviper*~ for the Anti-Manaphy!

I LOVED this episode. They've had a nice streak of good episodes going on. My comments:

-- I loved the continuity references between this episode and the Morrison episode. I'd completely forgotten about Natalie and the berry instructions she gave to Brock in "The Lotad Lowdown". It's nice when they make continuity references I have to think about for a minute (like "The Garden of Eatin'" in the Morrison episode).
    -- Has anyone else noticed that May has now been called by name by Team Rocket FOUR times (twice by Meowth in "A Double Dilemma", and here and "That's Just Swellow" by James)? Ash has only been called by name THREE times!
    -- Kudos to Veronica Taylor (Ash) and Eric Stuart (James) on their great voice work in this episode with the swollen lips. It's been a while since I wondered "How did they do that?" with voice work. And as someone who's been transcribing every single Team Rocket motto in the history of the show on her computer, this episode's motto is going to be fun to write (sarcasm). Ash, though, was hilarious.
    -- Why don't more people like Munchlax? I think he's hilarious.
    -- Maybe I've listened to the Pokemon 2000 soundtrack one too many times, but I loved hearing the bellossom dance music when Munchlax gobbled down the pokeblock.
    -- The end of round boxing bell sound when Grovyle went down for the count from the pokeblock is one of the funniest parts of the episode.
    -- I loved the way Wobbuffet snuck into the room with Meowth.

Overall, 10 out of 10, two episodes in a row.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Default Pretty Good

Capture episodes tend to be my favorites, sometimes even more than gym battles. I really enjoyed the battle between Combusken and Munchlax where Combusken kept nailing its head on the tree branch. Also, James with swollen lips was pretty hilarious. I agree on the good streak over the past few weeks. Keep em coming!
    Pokemon Y Safari: My FC is 3222-5649-1274 and my pokemon are Dwebble, Magcargo and Rhydon.

About that episode... is Jessie human?!
    May must have put in poison by mistake. (K.O. Grovyle)
    Also that milk in Brock's Fantasy... the idiots at 4kids Entertainment edited it from wine, did they?
    Last edited by asia_catdog_blue; 15th February 2006 at 2:31 AM.

Actually, nope, it was exactly the same in the original.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

This was a very good episode, Although a big mistake due to how Munchlax was captured
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Default Berry, Berry Interesting

Yeah. It shouldn't have been captured. Nero ate Sullivan's Master Ball and it wasn't captured, so how was a Munchlax caught by a Pokéball!?

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

http://www.auraguardians.net/

NOTE: The site is not up yet so the link will not work.

Shouldn't it have been turned inside out by the pokeball? That would end a problem before it could start...

No, that's unfair, I like Munchlax for some reason.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Geki Guest

I liked this episode a lot. Munchlax is cooler then he was in Destiny Deoxys!! I enjoyed seeing Ash and James have the burned mouth from Tamoto Berries, I think Veronica and Eric did good on those parts with their voices. May's pink surprise, it seems, well, interesting to me. Let's put it that way.

4/5

Good Points:
    The Pokemon reacting to May's "Purple Surprise"
    James going balistic when he ate a Tamato berry

Bad Points:
    Jessie liking May's "Purple Surprise"

By the way, am I the only one who was WTFing when Brock and James recognized Munchlax when IT HAD NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE IN HOENN?!? This is just like Brock recognizing Lugia from the Silver Island episodes!
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR SOMETHING ELSE...

It was funny! "Go PokeBall!" "Munchlax!" "You ate the PokeBall?"

This episode was hilarious..and I liked it a lot in fact.

The beginning was great when Ash took a bite of that Tomato berry and then his lips we're huge and the way he talked while training Corphish....GRREEAT! xD
    May's puple surprised was funny too, the way her Pokemon reacted to it. Aaand Munchlax loving it.
    I loved when James ate the Tomato berry too and got the big lips and when they had to say their motto, Jame's voice was hilarious.
    The whole Munchlax eating May's Pokeball and then her capturing it, that was pretty weird, but I guess it works though....they make a good team though. Munchlax and May are both pretty hungry people xD
    Anyways, GREAT episode

Quote Originally Posted by C.J. Ray View Post
    By the way, am I the only one who was WTFing when Brock and James recognized Munchlax when IT HAD NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE IN HOENN?!? This is just like Brock recognizing Lugia from the Silver Island episodes!
    Well, I believe both James and Brock saw Munchlax in "Destiny Deoxys". I know Brock specifically did, and didn't Munchlax steal food before Team Rocket could get it?
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

The first 4th gen Pokemon to go in the show, and it did great. It's good May got one, but now we have to until the next season for someone to get another DP Pokemon. Maybe it's because Munchlax was in Dash....

What a good and funny episode coming off of May's contest win, I really got into this episode. Funny watching Ash eat a Tamato Berry and then Nurse Joy reacting to him. May's Purple Surprise was definitely a surprise for many of the Pokemon, interesting that only Munchlax and Jessie liked the Pokeblock well every one else reacted horribly to it. It was funny to watch May and Combustken try to battle Munchlax and keep failing, I felt for Combustken when it hit its head twice on the tree branch. I really enjoyed the Pac-Man reference they included in the episode when the Pokeblock fell out of the bag and Munchlax jumped up in to the air and followed it right up to the bag. Nice to see May finally caught the Munchlax even if it did eat the Pokeball which was funny to.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast