Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 200

Thread: Commanding the Clubsplosion Crown! (734)

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,661

    Default

    I'm curious to know what Iris, and Langley were squabbling about in the first part of the episode?

    It was rather amusing seeing Burgundy seemigly lose to Cilan again in another Sommelier Showdown. Even Langley seemingly said he won this time. Poor girl.

    Oh, and Sawk walking away was badass.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    Overall Good Episode, But super sawk manages to win again.

    7/10
    You do know "Super Sawk" is still not on par with Georgia's Beartic when it comes to battle record, right?

    Sawk is likely the strongest mon one the recurring teams right now, but that does not make it overpowered.


    You need to chill, my friend.


    Also, what's with the hate for Stephan?

    The name gag I can understand, but beyond that, what is it you hate so much?

    That he's "overpowered" when he really is about the same level as all the rivals(bar Burgundy), maybe just slightly ahead(which is more due to both his pokemon being impressive, not just "Super Sawk")?


    You do not provide any reasoning.
    Last edited by RWB; 5th April 2012 at 2:06 PM.
    Help spread the Dragonbuster Love!
    Hail to Saint Georgia!


  3. #103
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    4,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    You do know "Super Sawk" is still not on par with Georgia's Beartic when it comes to battle record, right?

    Sawk is likely the strongest mon one the recurring teams right now, but that does not make it overpowered.


    You need to chill, my friend.


    Also, what's with the hate for Stephan?

    The name gag I can understand, but beyond that, what is it you hate so much?

    That he's "overpowered" when he really is about the same level as all the rivals(bar Burgundy), maybe just slightly ahead(which is more due to both his pokemon being impressive, not just "Super Sawk")?


    You do not provide any reasoning.
    He's a terrible character with no personality what so ever.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig


    Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Saw the pictures.

    I still love Stephan's name gag, I know plenty don't like it...but it seems plenty don't like any running gags...I love them all though.

    I enjoyed the battles:
    Stephan vs Bianca-Bianca loses but she did alright, it's nice that she got this far at less.

    Ash vs Masaomi-I have no issues seeing a one-sided fight, hype for Masaomi.

    Stephan vs Masaomi-Not really surprised that Stephan won...not because Masaomi was being a jerk or that his wish was to win Donamite but because of the name gag...I just felt the writers were planning something for it and were going to do it no matter what, the gags triumph over all. Also, Masaomi didn't seem like much of a jerk once he lost, I guess his cockiness was the real problem, now with a lose he'll be a better person...doubt we'll see him again but I wouldn't mind if he does appear again, especially if we get to see a nicer side to him.

    Interactions I loved as well. Everyone seems pretty close now for the most part, aside from the rivalry between Iris and Georgia and Cilan and Burgundy but even they aren't trying to cut each others throats out or anything, I feel they'll all be friends in the end, now the only question is, will Trip ever be a friend as well, I hope so.

    Overall, I enjoyed the episode and I loved the tournament.


    Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    He's a terrible character with no personality what so ever.
    ...I don't think you know what a personality is...

    You're just as bad as Thing with Bianca.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    He's a terrible character with no personality what so ever.
    Proof, please? Because that claim will need it.

    Having a drive to win, a love of battling, a passion to compete is not a lack of personality. Neither is loving food and being interested in sommeliers and finding them fancy.
    Help spread the Dragonbuster Love!
    Hail to Saint Georgia!


  6. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,785

    Default

    It was an okay episode. Didn't find the battles especially moving or anything.. On towards mail!
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  7. #107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    Throh isn't overpowerd.. Stephan's sawk is.
    Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    Sawk needs a superman cape, because he's overpowered
    Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    But super sawk manages to win again.
    Are you seriously forgetting that Sawk lost to Emolga in the Don Battle Arc?

    He's not overpowered, that is that.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    The winner gets a cardboard cut out? Wow, Iris got the actual thing last time...

    Anyway, interesting battle, I mean it's great Scraggy got hits in, but the were utterly ineffective. Not sure if this could foreshadow anything, but it does mean Scraggy needs even more training for the league
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  9. #109
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,589

    Default

    I liked this one it showed good sportsmanship, A SuperSawk, and a new Butch? I'll give it 8/10
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

    Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!


  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    The winner gets a cardboard cut out? Wow, Iris got the actual thing last time...
    I LOL'd when I saw that. I guess no one should tell Stephan that you can easily get vitamins at the pokemon center :P

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    The winner gets a cardboard cut out? Wow, Iris got the actual thing last time...

    Anyway, interesting battle, I mean it's great Scraggy got hits in, but the were utterly ineffective. Not sure if this could foreshadow anything, but it does mean Scraggy needs even more training for the league

    It's like the lottery winners presentation to the media, they get a fake check.

    Kenyan won a years supply of Vitamins, they weren't gonna hand them off in the middle of the arena. It get delivered to his place of residence or storage unit XD.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    It's like the lottery winners presentation to the media, they get a fake check.

    Kenyan won a years supply of Vitamins, they weren't gonna hand them off in the middle of the arena. It get delivered to his place of residence or storage unit XD.
    Yeah we know. Can you please translate what Georgia said to Iris at the end of the episode?

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    The winner gets a cardboard cut out? Wow, Iris got the actual thing last time...

    Anyway, interesting battle, I mean it's great Scraggy got hits in, but the were utterly ineffective. Not sure if this could foreshadow anything, but it does mean Scraggy needs even more training for the league
    I found that funny, obviously he'll get the real thing but just seeing him with the cut out of it was rather hilarious to me.

    I wouldn't say it means Scraggy needs more training, Throh was hyped up the entire tournament, Iris' Excadrill couldn't do anything against it, I don't think it could even get a hit in.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    I liked Bianca sits with Georgia and Burgundy, nice touch right there. :3 Scraggy's development thru the tourney was great too.

    Stephan is one of the greatest characters in Best Wishes, friendly but competitive and just a cool dude. The battle between the blue and red beasts was a nice way to end the Donamite, now on the way to Icirrus! 10/10

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by realarcastform View Post
    Man, writers why did you have to give Emboar to Bianca?!
    Bianca totally doesn't know how to bring out a pokemon's potential.
    I agree. Hopefully Ash gets one soon so he can bring out Emboar's potential.
    Last edited by Sushi; 5th April 2012 at 9:35 PM.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    Emboar is Bianca's big daddy. And she's not a freak so stop hating. I swear some of you are so prejudice towards female characters.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,883

    Default

    Here we have yet another miner character getting items which costs about 5,000 dollars. I wonder if Ash will ever get an victories other than gym battles? Because I'm sure the writers are too mean to give him a win in the league.

    My ideal battle ever!

  18. #118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Here we have yet another miner character getting items which costs about 5,000 dollars. I wonder if Ash will ever get an victories other than gym battles? Because I'm sure the writers are too mean to give him a win in the league.
    It wouldn't surprise me if we get one more 'Don' tournament which Ash wins before or after the league in all fairness.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    I found that funny, obviously he'll get the real thing but just seeing him with the cut out of it was rather hilarious to me.

    I wouldn't say it means Scraggy needs more training, Throh was hyped up the entire tournament, Iris' Excadrill couldn't do anything against it, I don't think it could even get a hit in.
    I thought it was funny too @Elekible-Kid~ I don't think Stephan owns a storage system...

    Well if Throh was just hyped for a small tournament like this...what do think the league will be like?
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  20. #120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post

    Well if Throh was just hyped for a small tournament like this...what do think the league will be like?
    I hope the league is hyped loads, but another thing i hope is that the battle hyped the most is between Ash and whoever will beat him (or if Ash wins in the final haha).

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    11,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    Throh is showing how weak ash's team is.
    Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    Ohh look who lost.

    There's you're fact
    Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    Sawk needs a superman cape, because he's overpowered
    So let me try and figure out how your powering system works. A character you dislike loses anything and you see it as an excuse to automatically write them off as weak, undeveloped characters and if they win anything they're overpowered or its hax?

    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

  22. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Yeah we know. Can you please translate what Georgia said to Iris at the end of the episode?
    Langley? I do not know of a Georga.....

    Langley said she wanted to beat/defeat the 'proper Dragon Master' Iris, and how long does she intend to make her wait. To which Iris answered that even she wants to become a proper Dragon Master,(while implying between the lines so to speak that it is not easy).

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Goddamit! I lost 20 bucks betting for Throh and then this crap happens?! What's in the writers heads?
    Last edited by Sushi; 5th April 2012 at 10:08 PM.


    Alder: You wanna know what's better than battling?
    Ash: What?
    Alder: Eating hotdogs and battling!
    Trip: My God, It's like looking into the future.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Irrelevant character?


    Don George was in tears

    Fight could have been better but they are good enough. It is just that r1 was better than r2 and r3( especially doryuzu v/s futachimaru)

    Bel gets 2 'manly' Pokemon Escavalier and Enuboh. I can only imagine.....

    Burgundy might get better next time with a samurott/ A class rank.

    Langley will be back for opelucid I think.
    Kenyan and Masaomi, Trip will definitely be there for the league.

    I think I am typing whatever I want without making a point.

    Nice tournament, need more of them with more dynamic character interaction.

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Langley? I do not know of a Georga.....

    Langley said she wanted to beat/defeat the 'proper Dragon Master' Iris, and how long does she intend to make her wait. To which Iris answered that even she wants to become a proper Dragon Master,(while implying between the lines so to speak that it is not easy).
    Thanks. Could you also translate what Georgia (langley) said after Ash's scraggy was defeated? She said something which made Iris upset.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •