Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Commanding the Clubsplosion Crown! (734)

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I thought it was funny too @Elekible-Kid~ I don't think Stephan owns a storage system...

Well if Throh was just hyped for a small tournament like this...what do think the league will be like?
    Scraggy will get stronger as time passes, I'm sure when the league comes around it'll be fine. It's just the entire perhaps behind Throh was for it to only lose and struggle against Sawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Faker500 View Post
    Goddamit! I lost 20 bucks betting for Throh and then this crap happens?! God, I hate Stephan. I was hoping a real good looking person on this show to have one this for a change. But we have again another irrelevant character win these things. What's in the writers heads?
    What makes Stephan irrelevant to you? He's Ash's rival, the more his rivals get stronger the more he'll want to train and surpass them.

You shouldn't hate Stephan just because you lost 20 bucks on an obvious outcome...
    Last edited by Sushi; 5th April 2012 at 10:08 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Scraggy will get stronger as time passes, I'm sure when the league comes around it'll be fine. It's just the entire perhaps behind Throh was for it to only lose and struggle against Sawk.

No, you hate on every little thing about her thinking that she is for a fact a horrible person/character, while in reality, it's just your opinion.

What makes Stephan irrelevant to you? He's Ash's rival, the more his rivals get stronger the more he'll want to train and surpass them.

You shouldn't hate Stephan just because you lost 20 bucks on an obvious outcome...
    Whatever Dude! I never liked the guy from the get go. I still thought Masaomi should have won reguardless of him being cocky. Georgia and Burgundy and alot of times Iris gets that way alot too. No one complains about them.

And as far as Ash goes, he's not even taking any of his rivals seriously in this saga. So yeah, I hope his rivals all pass him because I don't see a whole lot of training outside the Don battles.

Alder: You wanna know what's better than battling?
    Ash: What?
    Alder: Eating hotdogs and battling!
    Trip: My God, It's like looking into the future.

Whatever Dude! I never liked the guy from the get go. I still thought Masaomi should have won reguardless of him being cocky. Georgia and Burgundy and alot of times Iris gets that way alot too. No one complains about them.

And as far as Ash goes, he's not even taking any of his rivals seriously in this saga. So yeah, I hope his rivals all pass him because I don't see a whole lot of training outside the Don battles.
    Calm calm Faker. Don't let the anger consume you. I didn't want him to win either but sometimes that's the way things go. However, I do think that after this, the Stephan gag shouldn;t be done anymore. That would just make it seem small and pity. It was fun but I think something else might be better.

My ideal battle ever!

Huh? Have you even been watching the anime?

Every part of this post is wrong.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Thanks. Could you also translate what Georgia (langley) said after Ash's scraggy was defeated? She said something which made Iris upset.
    Iris said " Awww, Ash lost didn't he?"

Langley said " OH well, nothing can be done about it"

Really? O_o That's a pretty weak reason to be grumpy.
    Help spread the Dragonbuster Love!
    Hail to Saint Georgia!

Eh.. One thing I liked about this episode was seeing Scraggy being thrown everywhere. The other was Georgia telling Iris what she needed to hear. Hopefully she would take it into consideration. But I'm glad this is all over for now. Hopefully if they do have another Don battle, Ash will have better option choicee for a Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    No, you hate on every little thing about her thinking that she is for a fact a horrible person/character, while in reality, it's just your opinion.
    Except I don't do that. Also, "it's just your opinion but you think it's a fact" is what people say when they're getting too defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Iris said " Awww, Ash lost didn't he?"

Langley said " OH well, nothing can be done about it"
    Why would this make Iris upset?
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 5th April 2012 at 9:11 PM.

Hopefully if they do have another Don battle, Ash will have better option choicee for a Pokemon.
    How is Ash's Pokemon going to get stronger and develop battling skills if it never battles?

Scraggy did exceptionally well for a Pokemon with no true fighting experience here, I accept opinions but your just flat out rejecting the idea of Ash's Pokemon development.

I know Scraggy did well but you saw what happened. Atleast maybe have three Pokemon or something that way it could be better and not be knocked out like that. And as far as training goes, there are more ways he could train. It's just that the writers seems like they had forgot .

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Except I don't do that. Also, "it's just your opinion but you think it's a fact" is what people say when they're getting too defensive.

Why would this make Iris upset?

I never said she was upset, the other person/poster said that.

Although Iris did kind of pout, but I would not go as far as say she was upset.

I know Scraggy did well but you saw what happened. Atleast maybe have three Pokemon or something that way it could be better and not be knocked out like that.
    The tournament would have lasted a lot longer than four episodes if the tournament consisted of 3V3s. The way it was done was best.

And as far as training goes, there are more ways he could train. It's just that the writers seems like they had forgot .
    Huh? Seriously, you can't be watching the anime.

Constantly we've seen Scraggy, Ash's BABY Pokemon training against Axew, and watching the other Pokemon battle whenever it was something serious, on top of that he had a few development episodes one where he actually learnt a move.

The writers haven't forgotten at all, they obviously fet Scraggy was ready for a real battle now, and they made the right choice it worked fine.

I know Scraggy did well but you saw what happened. Atleast maybe have three Pokemon or something that way it could be better and not be knocked out like that. And as far as training goes, there are more ways he could train. It's just that the writers seems like they had forgot .
    Come on, Faker. Can't you see that Scraggy beat up two monkeys? He did an awesome job in his first tournament. A main character can't ALWAYS make it to the finals you know. Scraggy isn't exactly one of Ash's best pokemon anyway.

Emboar is Bianca's big daddy.
    Haha.
    And she's not a freak so stop hating. I swear some of you are so prejudice towards female characters.
    I think realarcastform is angry because his favorite pokemon are always weak in the anime. Also it has nothing to do with them being female, Hater.

Awe. Iwas hoping for Throh to get the win but I guess not. I was really digging Masaomi. I hope he shows up again. He's cute.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Good episode. Some nice battle animations here, a good pace and some interesting character dynamics. The highlight is some of these dynamics, specially the ones involving Georgia and Burgundy.

But I can't say I found the battles *all* that impressive. Ash's was too one sided, Bianca's too "boring" and the final match, even though having some nice animation was a little underwhelming.

Anyway, I like it. Great seeing Stephan has won.

So essentially...nothing happens. Georgia still hates Iris, Bianca was made a complete fool of, and Ash lost yet another battle. The whole tournament was - for want of a better word - redundant. The final battle, which should have been a lot more interesting, was simply a way for the writers to showcase Throh and Sawk: Unova's most popular pair of counterpart Pokemon. There wasn't anything satisfying about that battle, nor any of the others. One would hope that the writers would move on to more original ways of showcasing the rivals and recurring characters, but as always, they follow the same tired formula.

A minimal amount of Bianca nonsense + better animation than last week + excellent final battle that might be one of this series' best = a strong end to this tournament. Even though it ended in a predictable way, the hype was just right throughout this entire arc and the Throh VS. Sawk battle delivered on that hype nicely.

Stephan is growing on me. He's a likeable guy and his personality is growing more fleshed out than it was, but his running joke is really not to my liking because it is so overplayed.

I hope that the next Don Tournament (Opelucid City, perhaps?) gives Georgia a chance to finally shine. She and Burgundy are the most entertaining characters, but while Burgundy is a gag rival who will likely never amount to anything, Georgia has the skill necessary to be a top-level threat. This tournament just wasn't going to be where she breaks through, due to the horrible type matchups she would have faced throughout.

I will be very disappointed if Masaomi does not return. He is the kind of character sorely missing right now - a confident and highly skilled trainer who wastes no time on gags, instead preferring to simply win battles. I had high hopes that Trip would be like that, but since we see now how that ended up, it would be nice to have Masaomi around as a rival who simply poses a great challenge to overcome.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    A minimal amount of Bianca nonsense + better animation than last week + excellent final battle that might be one of this series' best = a strong end to this tournament. Even though it ended in a predictable way, the hype was just right throughout this entire arc and the Throh VS. Sawk battle delivered on that hype nicely.

Stephan is growing on me. He's a likeable guy and his personality is growing more fleshed out than it was, but his running joke is really not to my liking because it is so overplayed.

I hope that the next Don Tournament (Opelucid City, perhaps?) gives Georgia a chance to finally shine. She and Burgundy are the most entertaining characters, but while Burgundy is a gag rival who will likely never amount to anything, Georgia has the skill necessary to be a top-level threat. This tournament just wasn't going to be where she breaks through, due to the horrible type matchups she would have faced throughout.

I will be very disappointed if Masaomi does not return. He is the kind of character sorely missing right now - a confident and highly skilled trainer who wastes no time on gags, instead preferring to simply win battles. I had high hopes that Trip would be like that, but since we see now how that ended up, it would be nice to have Masaomi around as a rival who simply poses a great challenge to overcome.
    Except that illusion is shattered.

Kenyan already overcame him....

Not to nitpick on tiny details but its odd watching a VERY humanoid pokemon eating from a dog dish essentially.

All these time I only really saw pokemons on four legs and shaped like animals eat pokemon food.
    Pokemon Black FC: 5458 0929 9006

Will Burgundy really become an A-class Connaisseuse? That would actually put her on Cilan level and that's hard to imagine since it is Burgundy afterall.

21. Default

Will Burgundy really become an A-class Connaisseuse? That would actually put her on Cilan level and that's hard to imagine since it is Burgundy afterall.
    Take anything Cabernet says with a LARGE grain of salt.

She said the same thing last time she parted ways with Dento.....

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Georgia still hates Iris, Bianca was made a complete fool of, and Ash lost yet another battle.
    Georgia doesn't hate Iris at all. She's her rival and they naturally clash and bicker, but they're also clearly glad to have each other as rivals, and Georgia considers Iris to be her worthy opponent. Bianca wasn't made a complete fool, she lost to Stephan with dignity. And Ash lost; oh, Heaven forbid the main character not win every single tournament.

One would hope that the writers would move on to more original ways of showcasing the rivals and recurring characters, but as always, they follow the same tired formula.
    I'm forgetting when, if ever, rivals and recurring characters were showcased like this in any other previous generation, so I see no "tired formula".

I still thought Masaomi should have won reguardless of him being cocky. Georgia and Burgundy and alot of times Iris gets that way alot too. No one complains about them.
    ....Seriously? Alot of people complain, usually about Iris!

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    That kind of character is, IMO, a cheap and boring way to create "suspense" or whatever. I'm glad not to have anyone like that in the show right now.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 6th April 2012 at 3:58 AM.

I wanted Masaomi to win, but who was I kidding? I haven't seen the episode yet, but I hope I will eventually.

The thing that bugs me is that Sawk is possibly the strongest Pokemon in the saga now, and Stephan is clearly stronger than Trip, who is still spotlighted as the main rival.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I just realized that Stephan looks like Throh and the Throh trainer looks like Sawk. I think they're gonna trade. Or this might be a reference to yin-yang, which Reshiram and Zekrom are based on

252 +6 Atk Choice Band Pure Power Victini (+Atk)Critical V-create vs 0 HP/0 -6 Def Dry Skin Paras (-Def) : 103470436.36% - 121729963.64% (Guaranteed OHKO)

You Don't Say? I had no idea that a Choice Band Adamant Victini with maximum attack EVs and IVs that was baton passed +6 in attack and Skill Swapped Pure Power OHKO's Hasty Dry Skin Lvl 1 Paras with no defense EVs or IVs and -6 in defense under sun with a critical hit V-Create.

Quote Originally Posted by thekorean View Post
    Not to nitpick on tiny details but its odd watching a VERY humanoid pokemon eating from a dog dish essentially.
    Yeah, that was creepy. And it's just sitting there in silence.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast