Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Commanding the Clubsplosion Crown! (734)

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    The thing that bugs me is that Sawk is possibly the strongest Pokemon in the saga now, and Stephan is clearly stronger than Trip, who is still spotlighted as the main rival.
    I wouldn't say Sawk is the strongest, it just had the skills needed to take on Throh, something the other pokemon didn't have.

Watching without sound sucks.

This episode was good. So many times everybody kept getting Kenyan's name wrong, even the announcers and Narrator. Kenyan's angry expressions were amusing to watch. Dageki did some Martial Arts moves to pump himself up prior to battling. Dageki was just too quick and agile for Embuoh. Dageki landed some harsh hits that were animated to look like real world Martial Arts moves when he was doing the attacks. His Karate Chops hurt Embuoh badly. Dageki's Side Kick pose was very neat to see. Bianca was acting all hyperactive again during the battle. Dageki used Bulk Up twice for a change in this battle. Nageki really terrified Zuruggu by glaring at Zuruggu when he tried to use Leer on him. Zuruggu kept missing all over the place with Focus Blasts, yet Ash wouldn't stop having him use it. Zuruggu's attacks really didn't do anything at all, and Nageki's Superpower, Seismic Toss, and Circle Throw looked so painful to watch. Bianca still went over to hug Dageki in obsession. Ash warns Kenyan about a possible new move Masaomi was going to use in the battle. Nageki tried to use Seismic Toss, but Dageki was able to slip away and they both crashed to the ground. Dageki was able to finish Nageki off with Close Combat. Burgandy and Cilan both ended up doing tasting times in this episode.

The final battle between Nageki and Dageki looked more like a Martial Arts fight than a Pokemon battle. Nageki kept using throwing Dageki, and he kept landing not too hard. Nageki's Bind was animated as a sleeper hold. That was unexpected for animation.

97/100
    Last edited by G50; 6th April 2012 at 7:43 AM.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Not to nitpick on tiny details but its odd watching a VERY humanoid pokemon eating from a dog dish essentially.
    I thought the same thing! Dageki didn't seem to mind though.

Anyway, awesome episode! I haven't been this excited watching Pokemon match since.. I dunno :'D I was pretty sure Kenyan was going to win, but you can never guess with troller writers. But luckily he did, he and Dageki are the cutest thing when they hugged and hgngngngg my feelings can't take this! And I was SO sure, that in the end someone would get Kenyan's name right, but nooope, poor kid. Also, poor Scraggy! He was SO tiny comparing to his opponent that it was just plain fun match to watch. : D

Rather then liter several episode threads about this tournament I'll just give my brief review here in the final...it is the final isn't it? Truthfully I only watched this tournament because my rainbow girls were in it. Blonde Bianca, purple Cabernet, and pink Georgia. Georgia's hair is pink right? Oh who cares. I basically watched this tournament because they were in it. I have to say I really enjoyed Bianca having a Emboar. It's very rare nowadays females get fully evolved starters, May being the only mold breaker in that regard until now. I realize Bianca is a rival and so she gets more freedom then main girls but I will say this, even though I don't like Best Wishes that much it sure gives the characters more freedom then DP's forced stereotypes that ultimately hold back and kill your appearance as a threat, so that is a big point for Best Wishes. But enough of that, I also enjoyed Bianca actually gaining some focus and some wins. She still lost the tournament, but she beat Trip. That is sure to bring her level up right? Other then that I just really enjoyed seeing Cabernet and Georgia interact. I actually do like the Cabernet/Cilan rivalry now but oddly enough as much as I love Georgia I still don't care for her rivalry with Iris. It feels like it's not going anywhere, then again neither is Cabernet and Cilan but I just like them both so it plays great for me.

This tournament ultimately bites for Platinum fan because Bianca didn't win. I was hoping she would and that alone killed the tournament for me. Petty I know, but that's just how it is. The battles were nothing special for me so overall all this tells me is I demand a chronicles spinoff of Bianca, Cabernet, and Georgia traveling together being whiny, annoying brats! Throw Cilan in there for the fun as well.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Rather then liter several episode threads about this tournament I'll just give my brief review here in the final...it is the final isn't it? Truthfully I only watched this tournament because my rainbow girls were in it. Blonde Bianca, purple Cabernet, and pink Georgia. Georgia's hair is pink right? Oh who cares. I basically watched this tournament because they were in it. I have to say I really enjoyed Bianca having a Emboar. It's very rare nowadays females get fully evolved starters, May being the only mold breaker in that regard until now. I realize Bianca is a rival and so she gets more freedom then main girls but I will say this, even though I don't like Best Wishes that much it sure gives the characters more freedom then DP's forced stereotypes that ultimately hold back and kill your appearance as a threat, so that is a big point for Best Wishes. But enough of that, I also enjoyed Bianca actually gaining some focus and some wins. She still lost the tournament, but she beat Trip. That is sure to bring her level up right? Other then that I just really enjoyed seeing Cabernet and Georgia interact. I actually do like the Cabernet/Cilan rivalry now but oddly enough as much as I love Georgia I still don't care for her rivalry with Iris. It feels like it's not going anywhere, then again neither is Cabernet and Cilan but I just like them both so it plays great for me.

This tournament ultimately bites for Platinum fan because Bianca didn't win. I was hoping she would and that alone killed the tournament for me. Petty I know, but that's just how it is. The battles were nothing special for me so overall all this tells me is I demand a chronicles spinoff of Bianca, Cabernet, and Georgia traveling together being whiny, annoying brats! Throw Cilan in there for the fun as well.
    You hit it on the nail for me Platinum. Bianca is less annoying when she's actually serious for a change but I hope that Emboar isn't going to be relied on for everything throughout the rest of the series. However, I think it made a huge difference seeing her win on screen so that people would take her seriously. But she wouldn't need to win the whole tournament to prove that.
    And you're right about Burgundy and Georgia. I like that they interact and all but sometimes they take it too far. It does get pretty over the top for me.
    Last edited by UnbelievableUrsula; 6th April 2012 at 7:54 PM.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

So watched the episode pretty damn awesome.

The figths were cool, Emboar vs Sawk and Sawk vs Troh, even Scraggy vs Troh had its cool moments even if the poor thing got demolished(which everyone was expecting anyway), the interactions were great as usual and I am happy Kenyan won even though I would have prefered that they introduced Masaomi as a rival in this tournament but I'm fine with it, Kenyan as a character deserved to do something important and winning the tournament is cool enough.

My only complain like I did in the previows two weeks, is the overdoing of the name gag.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Come on, Faker. Can't you see that Scraggy beat up two monkeys? He did an awesome job in his first tournament. A main character can't ALWAYS make it to the finals you know. Scraggy isn't exactly one of Ash's best pokemon anyway.
    Yeah I know that. I'm not upset at Ash or Scraggy because they were doing what they are supposed to be doing in this tournment which is training. However, minus the monkeys I felt that since everyone esle was huge tanks, I didn't like Scraggy slinged around like that. That's all. I'm not hating on the episode. It was good. I was just hoping for a different result in the end.

Alder: You wanna know what's better than battling?
    Ash: What?
    Alder: Eating hotdogs and battling!
    Trip: My God, It's like looking into the future.

Noo Masaomi! I was really rootin' for ya! Oh well. This was a nice episode. Bianca finally got some battle time and Scraggy lost but he put up some good fights. So glad it's over though. 9/10

My ideal battle ever!

Is anyone else but me getting sick of the fact that, while Georgia is Iris' rival, Burgundy is Cilan's and Stephan is Ash's, they NEVER actually face off against each other? It was a nice change for the Club Battle tournament, but we are already nearly half way through this series, and this is the only real oppurtunity for rival battles for some characters. Taking into consideration the fast pacing and that Iris and Cilan don't have any other seperate competitions with their rivals other than these, I fear that we will eventually see little batlles between two rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    My only complain like I did in the previows two weeks, is the overdoing of the name gag.
    I agree, it was used 4 (possibly even 5) times this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    Is anyone else but me getting sick of the fact that, while Georgia is Iris' rival, Burgundy is Cilan's and Stephan is Ash's, they NEVER actually face off against each other? It was a nice change for the Club Battle tournament, but we are already nearly half way through this series, and this is the only real oppurtunity for rival battles for some characters. Taking into consideration the fast pacing and that Iris and Cilan don't have any other seperate competitions with their rivals other than these, I fear that we will eventually see little batlles between two rivals.
    -> Wrong. Iris battles 2 times Georgia, one losing, one tie. Cilan swept Burgundy. Trip and Ash battle 3 times. 2 wins and 1 tie for Trip

Quote Originally Posted by sSerenity View Post
    -> Wrong. Iris battles 2 times Georgia, one losing, one tie. Cilan swept Burgundy. Trip and Ash battle 3 times. 2 wins and 1 tie for Trip
    Georgia, Burgundy and Stephan's ONLY battle with their rivals was in their debut episodes (which were all quite a while ago might I add), since then despite two whole tournaments they have not battles with their rival again. These tournaments, due to the fast pacing will likely be one of the only oppurtunities for the rivals to face off and in these tournaments they are never actually battling EACH OTHER.
    Last edited by Coke; 7th April 2012 at 5:42 PM.

People really need to stop mispronouncing Stephan's name. Either that or he stops whining about it. That gag is terrible. Not as bad as Bianca's obsession with Sawk's muscles and Zorua, but still.

When Scraggy was training, Iris could have sent out Excadrill to help Scraggy learn Focus Blast. I don't know why she didn't. Scraggy could have mastered the move before the tournament was over and maybe beaten Throh if he had help from a pokemon that could actually use the move. The one time it would be useful for her to send out Excadrill and she doesn't. I don't know what's going on in her strange little mind.

It was great to see Sawk beat Throh, since Sawk is much cooler. Finally the torunament is over.

Is anyone else but me getting sick of the fact that, while Georgia is Iris' rival, Burgundy is Cilan's and Stephan is Ash's, they NEVER actually face off against each other?
    Yes, I am as well.

I would like to see Kenyan's other pokemon. We've only seen Sawk and Blitzle

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post

Yes, I am as well.
    They are hyping it up and make it its own episode.
    Pokemon Black FC: 5458 0929 9006

No, it would be to convinient for a rival, to get his rival in a tournament where you get a random oponent...

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    No, it would be to convinient for a rival, to get his rival in a tournament where you get a random oponent...
    All the contests battles/league tournaments were random matchups. Paul was still partnered with Ash in the Hearthome Tag battle tournament, would you rather Ash was partnered with some other nobody for the sake of "convenience"? Would you rather all these epic league battles such as Ash vs Paul and Ash vs Gary never took place because it was too convenient?

Rivals have faced each other COUNTLESS times in tournaments, despite the matchups being random. I really don't undertand why it should be any different here.

At the end of the day, it's the writer's choice on whether or not they face each other. I believe that it would make the tournaments far better if, from time to time the rivals actually faced each other. Now I'm not saying that in each tournament all contestants should face their rivals, but two rivals haven't faced off against each other ONCE in these whole two tournaments.

EDIT: LOL, I just realised you're Pepsi and I'm COke :P

They do these match ups so that it would entertain us more. The outcomes are different and the results are better. But like Coke said, there will hopefully come a time where they could battle their own rivals because it's also a good idea.

Alder: You wanna know what's better than battling?
    Ash: What?
    Alder: Eating hotdogs and battling!
    Trip: My God, It's like looking into the future.

Great end to the Donamite. The semi-final wasn't rushed like I thought it would be, and all of the battles were good. Throh vs Sawk was actually a great battle, I really enjoyed it. I was a little apprehensive at first, and I thought it would be boring, but it was a pretty awesome match.

Good tournament overall, even if there are a few changes I would have made to it.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Really? O_o That's a pretty weak reason to be grumpy.
    Well according to the sub Langley said the outcome was inevitable, which is more direct (even though both statments kinda mean the same thing). That makes a bit more sense for Iris to be upset. Granted I don't know how accurate the subs really are.
    Last edited by Graham Aker; 25th April 2012 at 1:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    Granted I don't know how accurate the subs really are.
    Highly so.

Finally got to watch it and I loved the episode. Pretty much everything about it I loved.

I enjoyed all the battles. I enjoyed all the character interactions. My favorite parts were probably Sawk turning it's back on Throh when it knew it won, and I enjoyed Stephan's name gag, especially at the part with Don George calling him "Umitskenyan".
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Oh, I just loved Masoami in this episode! He's so handsome and cool! I wish he was somebody's rival. I hope we see him again. Not as a Tobias clone but as a normal competitor.

My ideal battle ever!

I'm just glad that Burgundy's character got softer a bit towards Cilan and I will forever want that Double Focus Blast to return :P
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I was kind of hoping Scraggy would at least put up a fight against Throh, but the way it lost was nicely believable.

Stephan beat Bianca the same way he beat Cilan. He didn't mess around.

The last match was pretty beast. Though I found it to be more that Sawk was the only one whose fighting style could match up to Throh's rather than Sawk being the best battler. I don't think this makes him the strongest Pokemon but definetly one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    I'm just glad that Burgundy's character got softer a bit towards Cilan and I will forever want that Double Focus Blast to return :P
    I'd have to agree with that. Scraggy not only seems to have the ability to throw multiple focus blasts at once, but increase the size by using both hands either as a shield or offense. That might just be me looking into the animation too much though. I can imagine the move being pretty boss in the future once it's mastered.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast