Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Starter was the hardest to use?

Talking Which Starter was the hardest to use?

Which starter was the hardest for you to use throughout the game?Discuss.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

TREECKO. You're screwed at the 3rd gym if you don't have harriyama.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Looking for more secret bases! Message me your QR code, and I'll send you back mine.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

Probably Treecko. I always find the grass-types to be harder to use and raise.

| survival project |
    | this trainer is different. everyone knows it, but no one can explain it. |
    | complete |

| flying in the dark |
    | he's hiding something. she just doesn't know it. |
    | on hiatus|

| love and other nightmares |
    | limited time, limited abilities. kyurem says she can be cured in exchange for saving those who need saving. |
    | chapter 3 released 11/22/14 |

Yeah, treeco. Has a low movepool, and all the good moves it learns are later in the game and are egg moves.

Also, it has bad typing.
    Grammar is important. Good grammar is the difference between, "I'm helping my Uncle Jack off a horse." and "I'm helping my Uncle jack off a horse."
    So please, learn how to use it correctly.

Sincerely,
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by A Genius View Post
    Why Combsuken looks like a penis. It doesn't help that he is a chicken and male chickens are called....well you know lol

Treecko... even though I like it, its still kinda difficult going through a gym
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Not really sure about Treecko as I never used it, but Torchic was hard to use against the first gym if it hadn't evolved by then. As for Mudkip, I always had trouble against the Rival in the battle on Route 110.

Quote Originally Posted by WillsPokemon View Post
    Yeah, treeco. Has a low movepool, and all the good moves it learns are later in the game and are egg moves.
    This. When I used Treecko for the first time, I struggled to find good moves for my Sceptile other than Leaf Blade. I wasn't too impressed with its other level up moves and many of the TMs compatible with it I felt were better used on other Pokemon. The first time I started with Treecko was before I got into breeding, so I couldn't get any of its egg moves.

I had a much easier time with Torchic and Mudkip. Having Fire/Fighting and Water/Ground STAB moves was very useful.

treecko, mainly because of the third gym and your rival had the fire type on their team.

For me it was Treecko,for the same reasons mentioned.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

Definitely Treecko.

Never chose anything but Mudkip in the games so I can't say for sure. But I'd imagine that Treecko was a pain in the *** to use as it doesn't take hits well and you can't get a good moveset for it until you're done with the game.

It depends on how you use the pokemon. If you use a Treecko, you will be stuck on gyms 3 (Electric), 4 (Fire) and 6 (Flying). For Torchic, 1 (Rock), 6 (Flying) and 8 (Water). In the case of Mudkip, it is not much of a problem. In my opinion, the weakest is Treecko.

Treecko for me too...

Treeko. Sceptile just always seemed to be the weakest and hardest to use for me the whole game.

GodDamnZilla

Treecko. He doesnt have a good movepool.

"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until they speak."

~~~Black FC: 0175 6765 7656~~~
    ~~~X FC: 0259 1258 2670~~~

Treecko, basically what everyone said, he always gets beat up.

Even though I didn't have multiple copies to try out different starter Pokémon, I remember having issues with my Torchic until it evolved into Blaziken. Even by that time, I had gotten a rather decent team put together, so afterward, the only trouble I had was finding my way around Hoenn. Doesn't mean I didn't use my Torchic a lot, I did. I just didn't have that great of moves for a while.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Treecko for me as well

Even when he evolved into Grovyle it didn't help. He was fast, but got knocked down by anything, even types that had a neutral effect on him. I still have the Treecko in question on my second Sapphire file somewhere. Only because it was the first and last time I ever picked one

An Ancient Treasure, a Terrible Price. Take the Risk, Eat the World
    (Final Chapter added 05-15-2014)

-Thanks to PopPrincess_Lyra for the banner above, and Sworn Metalhead for the banner below -

All Hail the Six Kings...
    Chapter One added (12-07-2014)

Same here, I hated the Treecko line in gen 3
    My Favorite Pokemon
    Zangoose --- Moonlight_Tails --- November 22nd, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by deoxysdude94 View Post
    TREECKO. You're screwed at the 3rd gym if you don't have harriyama.
    This x100. I found that gym hard as heck without Marshtomp. That gym found multiple ways to screw me over when I used Torchic =_=
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

i think it was torchic for me, it's always the fire types i find it hard with to start of with, but after about the 3rd or 4th gym it's a breeze.

Dafuq, so many Treeckos. I never had problems with Treecko as far as I can remember. He was even my most used starter on Ruby.

I'd say Charmander on Red and Chikorita on Gold. I was a kid and total noob by then, and I just couldn't get past the 2nd gym with Bayleef because Scyther would always end up beating my team. I don't remember the details thoroughly, I can't really find an explanation for such hard time, but I know I eventually got past it.

What's that? What'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthat what'sthatwhat'sthat?

AS: Sceptile, Sableye, Flygon (?), Relicanth, Muk, Girafarig

I'll say Treecko because as mentioned by a user before, the 3rd gym is tough when you use him (took me forever to beat Wattson because of his steel types too) and add to this, you'll have a tough time at the 4th and 6th gym and not to mention that I find grass types quite hard to use which is why I rarely choose them.

Treecko was a pain to use.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast