Thread: EV training - Bagon/salamence.

Default EV training - Bagon/salamence.

Hey guys,

I'm new to EV training, i've only recently found out about it (i know, i'm slow) and i've read a lot about it and i kind of know what i'm doing now
    but basically i wanted to train a Salamence up to max attack/speed on my platinum version.

I've been breeding bagon's to get dragon dance + a good nature.

I now have a few decent natured Bagon's with dragon dance (obviously at level 1), i want to train it however i've read that once it starts leveling it will start gaining EV's, this is cool and all but it doesn't evolve into a Salamence till level 50, and i know Salamence has a greater base Attack/speed, does this mean that if i EV train it now as a Bagon, or train it at all, it won't be as good if it started out as a Salamence at level 50? or will it carry over during evolution? because if not i know you can get a level 50 Salamence from Gale of Darkness XD, but it won't have dragon dance ;/

I'm a bit stuck, any help would be appreciated!

thanks, Suicine

Quote Originally Posted by Suicine View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm new to EV training, i've only recently found out about it (i know, i'm slow) and i've read a lot about it and i kind of know what i'm doing now
    but basically i wanted to train a Salamence up to max attack/speed on my platinum version.

I've been breeding bagon's to get dragon dance + a good nature.

I now have a few decent natured Bagon's with dragon dance (obviously at level 1), i want to train it however i've read that once it starts leveling it will start gaining EV's, this is cool and all but it doesn't evolve into a Salamence till level 50, and i know Salamence has a greater base Attack/speed, does this mean that if i EV train it now as a Bagon, or train it at all, it won't be as good if it started out as a Salamence at level 50? or will it carry over during evolution? because if not i know you can get a level 50 Salamence from Gale of Darkness XD, but it won't have dragon dance ;/

I'm a bit stuck, any help would be appreciated!

thanks, Suicine
    You should be asking here to start: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...THE-FIRST-POST

But anyways the EVs carry over as Bagon evolves. And XD Mence does gets Dragon Dance by purifying it.

Okay, sorry for posting in the wrong forum :P

Thanks though, that helps a lot,
    i've put 252 EV's on Attack and speed, does this mean i can just train it to level 100 anywhere now? like pokemon league or something?