11 15.28%
  • RU

9 12.50%
  • NU

8 11.11%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whats Your Favorite Tier?

Default Whats Your Favorite Tier?

Whats your preferred tier? Mine is OU because its original!

Submit your answer below.

Of course, all rules apply.

Looking for an LC Tutor! Requirements:
    - 6 month minimum experience
    - Appropriate ladder points (1250pts+)
    - PO for communication
    - Must have acceptable schedule

If you have any questions, PM/VM me.

I like OU. Its arguably the most balanced and has the best players. Also its the most satisfying tier to use gimmicks in.

Probably ou because I use it most often.

Ou, as I haven't learned any other tier seriously yet lol

GodDamnZilla

yea, OU. i do like an occasional UU or Ubers though
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

I'd also have to say OU. I just recently had an awesome UU battle, though. I think UU matches have the potential to be the most thrilling if you get a worthy opponent. I think I might start doing more. People willing to have an uber battle are few and far between. It's a shame more people aren't willing to have them. Although, I guess the novelty is part of what keeps them fun.

It used to be OU, but now my favorite has become RU. However, I still have more OU battles because it's more available.

I do enjoy battling in other tiers, but OU always has been the most enjoyable to me.

Click my Sig to go to our xat!!!

credit to EG and extroph

OU just has the most trainers and has so many possibilities for teams, far more than other tiers imo.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Damn. Why do so many people like OU? It has the most overused and annoying Pokemon imo.

I play a lot of UU and NU just so I don't have to deal with crap like Scizor and ScarfMoxieMence.

Ultimately, as my name implies, I am an Uber player. In fact, I'm one of the best Uber players you will ever find. While on certain days it is hard to find a battle in Ubers on Smogon's ladder, it does have its fair share of competition. In fact, for some reason, the total amount of players on the Uber ladder increased over Easter weekend.
    I will be less active as time goes on; I have many things to do to get into college and will be focusing on that, so if you don't hear from me for a while, just be patient. I will respond, but it may take some time.

Black FC: 1764-6597-3816

Spoiler:- claims:

RU, the tranquility and amount of gimmicks you can get away with using. I enjoy it the most however I tend to play OU more often.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by overlordmewtwo View Post
    Damn. Why do so many people like OU? It has the most overused and annoying Pokemon imo.
    I agree that it can be annoying, but it's the most readily available one so it wins in convenience.

I love Ubers.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

OU. It may be the least varied, but it's the one I play more often because there's always someone ready to battle.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Although I'm pretty trashy at UU, it's my favorite tier yet. It contains most of my favorite mons and provides an environment where they can flourish, which is cool. It also has much more diversity than OU, and with deo-D gone from UU I'm looking into seriously playing it.

so metal

Quote Originally Posted by zerofield View Post
    Although I'm pretty trashy at UU, it's my favorite tier yet. It contains most of my favorite mons and provides an environment where they can flourish, which is cool. It also has much more diversity than OU, and with deo-D gone from UU I'm looking into seriously playing it.
    To be honest, UU is my least favorite, lol. I remember I worked so hard making a UU team but then I could hardly find anyone to battle with on that tier.

I think RU has the most variety; in OU all you see is permaweather and Hyper Offense, nothing else.

Credit to FrozenConstellation

I have a particular fondness towards Little Cup. Most people make fun of it and say that its ridiculously easy and all kinds of other things that are not true. Little Cup for me is far more fun than any other tier because its threat list is a lot smaller leading to teams being able to be more flexible in design and lots of pokemon end up having special niches like the other tiers, but they tend to be able to contribute more than just a single task to the team.
    Some rules are made with all intentions to break
    And she defends it with a warped rationale
    But I've seen what happened to the wicked and proud
    When they decided to take on the throne for the crown

Facebook | Last.fm | Backloggery

Quote Originally Posted by Puretrainer View Post
    I have a particular fondness towards Little Cup. Most people make fun of it and say that its ridiculously easy and all kinds of other things that are not true. Little Cup for me is far more fun than any other tier because its threat list is a lot smaller leading to teams being able to be more flexible in design and lots of pokemon end up having special niches like the other tiers, but they tend to be able to contribute more than just a single task to the team.
    Out of all the usual tiers, I never had a Little Cup battle. However I sometimes use a Pikachu (althought its UU) and Piplup (set up rocks) as a gag in a few PO battles. Actually won several matches with them.

OU, just cuz im the most used to it

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

I voted OU, because I'm just too ****ing lazy to make a team outside of it :/

My Friend Safari is Light type.

No Challenge Cup, no Middle Cup, no Balanced Hackmons...*sigh*

I guess NU would have to be my favorite balanced tier. The others are great (well, I'm not a big UU player, but still), and OU is definitely the tier I play the most commonly, but NU is just so great for the raw number of weird but viable Pokemon that no one would think to use in OU. I guess the biggest complaint I'd have is that you're also short on a few things, such as good Steels, but other than that it's great just because there's so much...stuff. In addition, as far as the last month's usage stats go, NU has the most variety of any of the tiers. In other words, OU has 98 Pokemon above 1% usage, UU has 96, RU has 105, and NU has a whopping 130. Seriously, you can find a use for pretty much anything in NU (that isn't banned, of course).

I actually play DW OU but my team is usable on Wifi OU, too (if I switch Infernape's ability, that is). DW Ubers is also fun but only for a bit.

Mine is Übers, or more specifically, the Dream World variation of that tier, as not only is it a completely static tier in which no elements can possibly be added to (in the form of a Dream World Ability being released) or removed from it (in the form of people banning something from the tier), barring the introduction of new moves from Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 of course, but there is simply something extremely awe-inspiring about an environment in which all 649 Pokémon are allowed to be used. Übers is also the tier to which most of my favorite Pokémon belong, and as such this contributes to my enjoyment of battling within this tier, as I get to both use and battle against many of my favorite Pokémon, around which the vast majority of Über battles are centered. And the last reason why Übers is my favorite tier is because I simply find the experience of controlling a team consisting of mostly God or titan-like Pokémon such as Arceus, Kyogre and Groudon, and also battling against an opponent using such in a grand war between two teams of deities of the Pokémon world, to be an incredibly epic and thrilling experience.
    This is a battle. Of course it's gonna be unfair. That which is called 'battle' was a monster originally born of unfairness and intolerance. I can't stand that guy. I can beat that guy. I can't forgive that guy. We make enemies for all sorts of reasons, and from the moment you make an enemy, until one of you draws his last breath - you're in a battle.

Music

**** where's the GOOD tiers from back before the game was three quarters team matchup

see: dpp uu adv ou dpp ou

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast