11 15.28%
  • RU

9 12.50%
  • NU

8 11.11%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whats Your Favorite Tier?

OU, but UU is a very close second.
    I occasionally play RU, and very rarely play NU.

OU it's the tier I know the most about

3 tiers I play most is OU, NU, and UU. I agree with jesusfreak about versaility in NU. It's really interesting and good tier. I'm not quite best UU player but it's pretty awesome tier (dpp uu was better). And OU is OU, it's just doesn't need any explanation. I'm planning to jump in RU and LC, but NU and OU are my favourite tiers at the moment.
    Kawaii >3<
    >_<
    ^^
    -___-^
    (01:41:52) *** Your rank in Standard OU is 62/47119 [1391 points / 1016 battles]! Smogon server

(22:46:55) *** Your rank in Standard NU is 40/3980 [1206 points / 152 battles]!

UU is my opinion for many of our faves (INCLUDING TO MANY FANS THE BIG BURNING CHARIZARD OF DEATH. wHERE IT IS AFRAID OF OU THANKS TO STEALTH ROCK).
    But I love the ous too for its openness to other lower ranks. Being able to bring terrible pokemon on the online field for fun.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    UU is my opinion for many of our faves (INCLUDING TO MANY FANS THE BIG BURNING CHARIZARD OF DEATH. wHERE IT IS AFRAID OF OU THANKS TO STEALTH ROCK).
    But I love the ous too for its openness to other lower ranks. Being able to bring terrible pokemon on the online field for fun.
    Charizard is lowly NU, my friend.
    Kawaii >3<
    >_<
    ^^
    -___-^
    (01:41:52) *** Your rank in Standard OU is 62/47119 [1391 points / 1016 battles]! Smogon server

(22:46:55) *** Your rank in Standard NU is 40/3980 [1206 points / 152 battles]!

UU/Ubers. They have the most powerful set of Pokemon.

"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until they speak."

~~~Black FC: 0175 6765 7656~~~
    ~~~X FC: 0259 1258 2670~~~

OU. i agree with Blue Harvest that it's the most balanced tier apart from choice band terrakion.

I have really grown to like UU =) It has the best Bug/Steel type outside of OU (Escavalier), it is diverse, many different Pokemon and many fun teams. The only thing I don't like is the Sand Team+Stoutland combination =/
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

NU, for the reasons Jesusfreak gave, as well as the fact that nothing is broken, despite being the largest tier. Loads of things have niches as well. I would highly recommend that anyone who hasn't tried it should.

Actually, of all the tiers I've played, OU is the worst. The battles are dull seeing as you know who's going to win as soon as the team matchup appears, and everything is used too much, and you can almost predict the team before you've even seen the team matchup.

OU, since it appears to have the most balanced variety of Pokemon.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

UU but I occasionally battle in ou and ubers.

Uu since it's the tier that I learned how to battle in. Half of my Ou teams are at least 33% uu Pokemon even today.

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Ou, and Ubers (not that much) and Cc
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

My fav tier is OU because you can use any pokemon but for certain legendaries and pokemon with a certain abilitie. So that's why I like OU I also like RU.

RAWK ON

Interesting question, though I'd have to say Uber. Mainly because it's my best tier (I am rather good at it if I do say so myself), and there is something nice about blasting the opponent with really powerful moves etc. I also like OU, though, because that's the tier that everyone starts in. It's like a home. I have had a go with the lower tiers, but the only one of those I really enjoy is NU.
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

I won't vote but for now OU because I know all about the common pokemon there and I ca easily see creative sets sadly I don't use creative sets because as of now I am focused on winning like most of OU players but I am determinated of not using scizor or politoed for now (till keldeo is released at least.
    tried other tiers especially UU but I don't understand the metagame that well like OU.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

I think RU because its pokemon im not use to and like
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

I find UU really fun. I don't know why, I just do. Unlike many of the people posting here, I don't like OU. EVERYONE USES THE SAME THING. It drives me nuts. Simply boring.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

Quote Originally Posted by overlordmewtwo View Post
    Damn. Why do so many people like OU? It has the most overused and annoying Pokemon imo.

I play a lot of UU and NU just so I don't have to deal with crap like Scizor and ScarfMoxieMence.

Ultimately, as my name implies, I am an Uber player. In fact, I'm one of the best Uber players you will ever find. While on certain days it is hard to find a battle in Ubers on Smogon's ladder, it does have its fair share of competition. In fact, for some reason, the total amount of players on the Uber ladder increased over Easter weekend.
    I don't play other tiers much, but wouldn't the good players in NU, RU and UU be using the best pokemon for those teirs as well?
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Nothing is more powerful than friendship. Well, except a +2/+2/+2 Adamant Kyurem Black. In which case, you're done for.

Quote Originally Posted by overlordmewtwo View Post
    Damn. Why do so many people like OU? It has the most overused and annoying Pokemon imo.

I play a lot of UU and NU just so I don't have to deal with crap like Scizor and ScarfMoxieMence.

Ultimately, as my name implies, I am an Uber player. In fact, I'm one of the best Uber players you will ever find. While on certain days it is hard to find a battle in Ubers on Smogon's ladder, it does have its fair share of competition. In fact, for some reason, the total amount of players on the Uber ladder increased over Easter weekend.
    Bwahahaha. Nice try. Ever actually fought a good Uber player? They can break the broken Pokemon to their breaking point, breaking the hearts of noobs everywhere. Never seen you do that.

Woe to the poor soul who doesn't realise that LC exists and as such doesn't put it on the list. LC is my favorite tier, just because I can use Solosis. :3
    did you think I'd post something here or something

wait I just did gdi

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I don't play other tiers much, but wouldn't the good players in NU, RU and UU be using the best pokemon for those teirs as well?
    That's true, but there are a wider variety of good pokemon, and lots of niches. OU is very centralised on certain pokemon. It's probably why it's so boring.

does Challenge Cup count as a tier? :P

i <3 playing CC. When you get bored its a nice place to go and just mess around. Laddering is a **** though due to the obvious randomness.

GodDamnZilla

OU, RU, LC are all fun, but I find RU great, lots of pokemon I love, and a very balanced tier. Its fun to get out of OU's weather once in a while.
    O yeah, and, ofc DW Ubers
    "Everything will be all right in the end.
    If it's not all right, then it's not the end."

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
    OU, RU, LC are all fun, but I find RU great, lots of pokemon I love, and a very balanced tier. Its fun to get out of OU's weather once in a while.
    O yeah, and, ofc DW Ubers
    I've wanted to try DW Ubers. Multiscale Lugia, + Regenerator Ho-oh gives me a boner :P

Is it a pretty awesome tier?

GodDamnZilla

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Oh yeah. As a matter of fact, smogon listed a new unofficial tier called PU which was the NU of NU.

As for what tier...idk. UU's been my thing for some time now.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast