Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your gym leader team? V2!

Default What's your gym leader team? V2!

Post your results here!

Mine:
    Type: Steel
    Team: , ,
    Rematch Team: , , , , ,
    Puzzle: The doors all have safe-like dials. There are math problems written on the walls. The answers are the numbers you turn the dial on the door to.
    Music: This.
    Before the battle: I LOVE DEFENSE!
    Win: My metallic defense overcame you!
    Lose: How could defense fail?
    Last Pokemon: This defense won't let me down!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

Type: Normal
    Team: Jigglypuff, Griafarig, Blissey, Staraptor
    Rematch Team: Snorlax, Miltank, Exploud, Ambipom, Unfezant, Staraptor
    Puzzle: A ditto transforms into a pokemon, then 2 of the same pokemon come up, and they do that thing like where you find the pebble under the cup. If you get it right, you move up, if you get it wrong, you face a trainer and the 2 pokemon that ran up to the ditto.
    Music: This
    Before Battle: So, I herd you like [Insert Pokemon 1 here]? Well, you might wanna watch it, kid. I may rule over Normal types, but I am far from being normal. Now, let's see how normal you are!
    Win Battle: Pathetic, losing to something so normal...
    Lose Battle: You are defiantly not normal, and I like that.
    Last Pokemon: Normal types are strong, but lets see you fight a Flying type!
    Last Pokemon, half HP: Staraptor/Unfezant, finish him quickly!
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613

Credit to Astral Shadow

Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

No. of pkmn: 3
    Type: Dragon (what??)
    Team: (well, quite suitable for a gym match)
    Rematch: (where is Salamence and Kingdra?)

to be added later:P
    Last edited by cape; 8th April 2012 at 6:39 AM.
    don't know any about ev or iv or nature~~

GMT +8
    (Diamond)
    Name: CAPE
    FC: 0819-8691-8293

yay, i love Quilava and i don't do it intentionally~

Pokemon #-6 o.o
    Type- Ice
    Pokemon: , , , , , and Talk about like a reg gym leader
    Rematch Pokemon: , , , , , and . Talk about worse than above.
    3ds Fc: 3394-3692-8190
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Your-Pokemon!

I haveth Claimed the Almighty Rhyperior

I AM BACK!

Credit to Bekidding

Type: Ice

Battle Music: Creepy Bell Carol

Location/Maze/Riddles: Ice Palace (think PR:SoA Almia Castle) One large hallway with bookcases on either side. Five doors to get through, each rigged with a question (they're ridiculously easy).

If you get a question wrong, you face a trainer (who battles you with a snorunt OR a Sneasel OR a Cubchoo OR maybe a combination of the three).

Icy floors (so it's really a maze when there are rocks placed in between the door and you) and a thirty minute time limit:

1/Which type, other than fire, is super-effective against ice?

A/Ground
    B/Electric
    C/Steel
    D/Psychic

2/True or False:

Lapras is NOT considered an Ice-type pokemon.

3/True or False:

Seel is an Ice-type pokemon.

4/True or False:

When combined with Shelmet, Shellder evolves into a super bug/ice type.

5/What do you call the process when water turns into ice?

A/Liquification
    B/Condensation
    C/Evaporation
    D/Solidification

Before battle quote: Ice-y you've made it to the end. Aha... did you like my pun there? Well then, if you manage to beat me, I'll give you some ice cream as a reward! And a badge too...

Pokemon:
    Walrein
    Snorunt
    Weavile
    Lapras

Super effective move: Ah! Excellent choice. Your knowledge in types is quite profound.

Last pokemon: Hm! No matter, my knowledge will suffice in bringing you down, along with my Pokemon!

Weak pokemon: Argh! Are my efforts failing? No! Let's finish this!

When I win: Aha! It seems my faith in knowledge was not misplaced! Let us do battle again another time.

When I lose: My ideals seem to be... where is the knowledge I seek..? My Pokemon...

After battle speech: I lost and you won. Though it chills my bones to say it, you have earned the Glacier Badge and I bid you farewell. We will battle again, I assure you! May the chill be with you on your forecoming journeys. Oh, don't forget your ice cream!

Rematch:

Before battle: Welcome once more to my cool palace! I take it you enjoy the air conditioning? Bwahaha! Well, let us test our skills in this frosty battle!

Pokemon:
    Abomasnow
    Vanilluxe
    Beartic
    Cryogonal
    Glalie
    Cloyster

Super effective move: You've improved! I see you have gained more knowledge...

Last pokemon: This will not be a repeat of last time, I assure you!

Weak pokemon: I believe in you {insert pokemon name here}! Our knowledge will prevail!

When I win: Yes! I may have lost before, but my knowledge and Pokemon were well-trained this time. We will battle once more.

When I lose: No! I've lost once ... I've failed my Pokemon.. My knowledge has failed me...

After battle speech: Once more, I have lost to a worthy opponent. May the knowledge I have passed down to you aid you in your future
    journeys. And may the chill be with you.
    A man once said:
    Sincerity is punished in my job, but when we need men, we must adjust to them, and since we cannot win them but by this way, it is not the fault of those who flatter, but those who want to be flattered.

Flying Gym
    Pokemon:
    Puzzle: You must have a flying pokemon to fly around to each floating stage that eventually gets higher into the gym. There is a fog at the beginning when you battle me. Defog would be helpful (;
    Battle Quote: "A challenge, well I doubt you'll fly higher than me. Soar at me!"
    Winning quote: "I'd say good job, but you didn't win, so better luck next time."
    Losing Quote: "You can't always fly above the rest. Here's your Soar Badge."

Rematch Pokemon:

Professor & Montgomery
    The Best Pokemon Ever.

Credit to iPokemon

Type: Blue style (cheap I know, but fun!)
    Pokemon: Heracross / Magmar / Sceptile / Duosion
    Rematch: Heracross / Magmortar / Starmie / Sceptile / Reuniclus / Jolteon
    Puzzle: there're panels on the floor that make the word CHALLENGE ME. Challengers must complete the puzzle to open the door to my room.
    Battle quote: So, you wish to challenge me... It's been a while since I've had a good battle. Me and my Pokemon will decide if you have the determination to win the Duo Badge!
    Win: You did well challenger, but it wasn't enough to beat me.
    Lose: Indeed, you have the determination... very well! You have earned the Duo Badge!

Type: Dark
    Battle Music: This thing
    Team: , , ,
    Rematch team: , , , , ,

Puzzle: A labyrinth. Much like Brawlys from RSE, except it is bigger, and it does not get any more light after defeating Gym Trainers. Gym Leader's in the middle.
    Quotes:
    Before battle: "You look like a feisty one.. Let's ge this show on the road!"
    Win: "Knowing your own Darkness, is the best way to handle the darkness of others!"
    Lose: "To be a Star.. You must enlighten your way through the darkest of darkness"
    Last Pokemon: "This isn't good.. Send them into Oblivion!"
    Weak Pokemon: "I see stars..."

I did another one.

Type: Electric
    Team: , ,
    Puzzle: There are a bunch of tangled cords coming from color-coded jacks in the wall. Challengers must plug each cord in to the right-colored outlet on the other side
    Quotes:
    Win: Struck down with lightning!
    Lose: My spark has gone out.
    Before battle: Let's see how you conduct the electricity of this battle!
    Last Pokemon: One last spark to keep the storm going!

Yet another.
    Type: Psychic
    Team: ,
    Puzzle: There are riddles on the walls that you must answer correctly to proceed.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

Type: Ground

Team: Larvitar (level 40), Golurk (level 40), Steelix (level 45)

Puzzle: Similar to Wallace's gym in Hoenn. On each floor, you have to press each switch, evading/fighting trainers on the way. However, you can only step on each tile once, otherwise the switches and floor will be reset. If you're in a dead end, you can step on other tiles until you get out. Each floor, three in total, goes deeper into the earth.

Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oopBMLaIxQk

Quotes:
    Win in battle: Do you really think you can handle the earth?

Loss: Well, it appears that you have won against me... you're good, I give you that! Here, take the Quaking Badge...

Before battle: Ah, hello, young trainer. My name is Earth, the gym leader of this gym. For a few years, I have trained my team, preparing for this moment. Fo you think you're ready? Then face off against the power that surrounds us all!

Last Pokemon: Time to face the true fury of the earthquake!

Weak last Pokemon: Is this the landslide which will crush me?

Rematch: Gliscor (level 58), Excadrill (level 60), Nidoking (level 60), Donphan (level 55), Swampert (level 58), Steelix (level 63)
    Last edited by Earth Wolf-Howl; 10th April 2012 at 8:18 PM.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

I also did another one. This is fun!

Number of Pokemon: 3

First Team: , ,
    Rematch Team: , , , , ,

Puzzle: there will be voices (Or game text, lol), telling you were to go inside a labyrinth, but they don't always tell the truth. defeated trainers will give you a hint.

Battle Music: Sacred Dawn

Battle quotes:
    Before battle: "In me.. Place all your trust! The voices told you the way.. Let's see, just how lucky you are!"
    SE move: "I saw that coming!"
    Last Pokemon: "The voices are telling me things... Bad things!"
    Last Pkm Low HP: "Why do you resist your savior?"
    Winning quote: "I command you. Obey my every wish!"
    Losing quote: "Congratulations, -player's name-. The world has become a utopia filled with true order! I present to you, this badge"

Here's mama's one, y'all!

Type: Normal
    Number Of Pokémon: Three
    Mama's First Team:
    Mama's Rematch Team:
    Mama's Puzzle: Mama be centre stage sanging and dancing in a stadium, with backup sangers and dancers performing with her. A spotlight will be flashed upon the trainer, and they'll be asked to sang along to the next few lyrics mama is sanging. If y'all get it wrong, ya'll be having to face a trainer.
    Mama's Gym Music: S&M
    Mama's Battle Quotes:
    - Before Battle: "Hey gurlfriend! Mama gon' go PUT IT DOWN!"
    - When Opponent Uses Super Effective Move: "Guuuuurl, why'd y'all have to go do that to mama?"
    - When mama down to last Pokémon: "OH HELL NO! Mama ain't losing to y'all!"
    - When mama's Pokémon is weak: "Don't worry boo-boo! Mama got chicken!"
    - When mama wins: "Mama put it doooown!"
    - When mama loses: "OH HELL NO! Y'all ain't gettin' yo badge anyway, gurl!"
    Last edited by Romain; 10th April 2012 at 10:04 PM.

Ice Gym!

Puzzles 'n' Fun: The gym itself is a giant, icy castle. Your job is to enter all of the rooms and find the several furnaces within the castle and turn them on to reach the leader's room, which is a giant throne room.
    Muzak: Oh, this is super icy.
    Before a battle, I say "Look, we both know I'm better than you, so make this quick, won't you?"
    When an opponent uses a super effective move on me, I say "Huh, the normal has some brains."
    When I only have one pokemon left, I say "We'll pull through, just you watch."
    When the aforementioned last pokemon is weak, I say "I won't let myself lose. I simply can't."
    When I win, I say "Mmhmm, okay, next?"
    When I lose, I say "Don't you dare let yourself lose to anyone else. Second best is bad enough for me."

Rematch team:
    Before a rematch, I say "Well, you again. Now I can finally prove myself better than you."
    When an opponent uses a super effective move on me in a rematch, I say "Hmm, you've been getting better too, it seems."
    When I have only one pokemon left in a rematch, I say "Awfully close, isn't this?"
    When my last pokemon is weak in a rematch, I say "This is too close for comfort, how about I troll you with a Full Restore?"
    When I win a rematch, I say "Finally I can regain my glory."
    When I lose a rematch, I say "Well, I can only get better, can't I?"

This is insanely fun, I am totally doing this again

My Friend Safari is Light type.

I think I'm addicted.

Type: Ghost
    Team: Drifblim, Dusclops, Misdreavus, Chandelure
    Theme Music: This beast.
    Rematch Team: Jellicent, Shedinja, Genger, Spiritomb, Drifblim, Froslass

Team: Marowak, Larvitar, Gastrodon
    Music: Scared yet?
    Rematch Team: Swampert, Stunfisk, Gastrodon, Mamoswine, Torterra, Camerupt

Type: Bug
    Team: Combee, Dustox
    Music:Here.
    Rematch Team: Scizor, Wormadam, Beedrill, Galvantula, Escavalier, Armaldo

Type: Water
    Team: Wailord, Gorebyss, Mantine, Samurott
    Rematch Team: Seel (0_0), Corphish (o_O), Crawdaunt, Whiscash, Blastoise, Magikarp (O_o) (What's wrong with my brain, it remembers weak pokemons)
    Theme: The Final Countdown lol
    Puzzle:
    1. The platform would be shallow water so you could walk on
    2. There will wave currents that will draft you obviously
    3. There will be whirlpools that could be waiting at the end of the current, making you go to another place that could be water or more currents
    4. Your eyesight will be blurred by and by when you enter a current or a whirlpool until your vision is like caves that requires flash
    5. It... will... be... extremely... difficult...

Quotes:
    Before Battle: Ah, I see that you have managed to surpassed the waves and whirls, but know prepare yourself for battle!
    SE Move: Hahaha, you think that you could defeat me with that, prepare for some whipped cream!
    Last Pokemon: Incredible, you were able to surpassed my creamy marshmallows...
    Last Pokemon Low HP: MY OLIVE OIL SHALL DESTROY YOU!!!
    Won: Tss, I'm too awesome.
    Loss: I will still not give you my badge, but I could give a TM999 Splash which is the strongest move OF ALL TIME!!!

Mine:
    Type: Ghost

Primary Team:
    , , ,

Rematch Team:
    , , , , ,
    Puzzle:
    Have a multiroom maze with a bit of a hazy background. Each room has at first has no exits after entering into it except the entrance. Each room looks like a cemetery and you need to find a different colored "grave" and touch it to unlock the door ahead. Be careful because as you continue there will be more exits and exiting through the wrong one will send you to a trainer battle.

Music: This

Quotes
    Before the Battle: "This place has an interesting aura wouldn't you say? I love fighting with ghosts because most attacks just go through them. You think you got what it takes to beat me? Then we'll see."
    Win: "Try again with better typing."
    Lose: "It seems that I wasn't as incorporeal as I thought."
    Last Pokemon: "My last one already? Well then, let's make it a grande finish."
    Weak: "It seems you're ready to move on. Let's finish this battle."
    Super Effective Move: "Well well, it seems you're smarter than you look."
    Rematch Quote: "Nice to see you again. But are you sure that you're ready for another match? I'm pulling out all the stops now."
    Last edited by CyberBlastoise; 11th April 2012 at 6:26 PM.

Cyber's PC
    Credit to PikaPal_Lyra for the Banner

3DS Friend Code: 2320-7298-6586

Type:Steel
    Team:Forretress, Bisharp, Bastiodon, Metang(Pretty good for say 6th gym in-game)
    Rematch Team:Forretress, Steelix, Bisharp, Scizor, Magnezone, Aggron(great team with other types to balance out)
    Challenge-Find five different steel things with your dowsing machine and give them to gym trainers who will give clue where the next thing is when they are defeated.
    Before Battle:You must be smart enough to come till here but it will take more than that to break through my steel pokemon's defences.
    First non-KO hit:You seem sharp like a Bisharp
    Sending Last Pokemon:You're breaking through my defences.
    Last Pokemon's HP fell to less than half:Oh no!My steel-hard pokemon
    After being Defeated:Wow,that was a fantastic match.You used both your wits and power to break through my steel pokemon's defences.You really deserve this badge.
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

Another one

Type:Ghost
    Team:Froslass,Duskull(good team for a third gym leader as even though Froslass are evolved pokemon,it is stone evolution so it can be obtained as soon as the stone)
    Rematch Team:Shedinja,Mismagius,Drifblim,Golurk,Dusknoir,S piritomb.
    Last edited by amittal12; 26th April 2012 at 9:31 AM.
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

Mama did another one, y'all!

Type: Poison
    Number Of Pokémon: Four
    Mama's First Team:
    Mama's Rematch Team:
    Mama's Puzzle: Mama be in a circus arena with clowns, magicians and freaks, y'all. Mama be the ring leader who sends her freaks on y'all to battle. If y'all avoid them and live or just win y'all's battle thang, y'all get to challenge mama.
    Mama's Gym Music: If Y'all Seek Amy
    Mama's Battle Quotes:
    - Before Battle: "Hey y'all! Mama hopes y'all is ready to sang and dance, guurl!"
    - When Opponent Uses Super Effective Move: "Dayum! Mama don't like y'all, y'hear!"
    - When mama down to last Pokémon: "OH HELL NO! Mama gon' go and throw her weave at y'all!"
    - When mama's Pokémon is weak: "Don't worry boo-boo! Mama got chicken!"
    - When mama wins: "Mama put it doooown!"
    - When mama loses: "OH HELL NO! Mama'll fight y'all for mama's badge!"
    Last edited by Romain; 13th April 2012 at 1:20 AM. Reason: Mama Forgot To Bold, Y'all!

Mine:
    Team:
    Rematch Team:
    Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w12R_PmXHEM I kind of cheated on this one, I admit.
    Before the battle: Hello. Smell that aroma around you? That's the smell of your Pokemon going down in defeat. En guarde!
    Lose: So my gas couldn't weaken you're Pokemon... fine, take it. This is the Smoke Badge.
    Final Pokemon: Ha! Your Pokemon will tremble under the power of this one's toxic!

Oh snap, I'm back!

Pokemon: 2
    First team:
    Rematch team:
    Muzak: Possibly Maybe
    Puzzle: The gym is a walled area within a desert, so to get to the tower in the middle where the gym leader is, you have to navigate areas flooded with pokemon, littered with quicksand pits, under a heave sandstorm, or filled with trainers.

Before Battle: So you could navigate the desert, but can you make it out alive?
    Super Effective Move: The ground is more solid than that. You'll see.
    Last Pokemon: This is the strongest one yet.
    Last Pokemon's Weak: Hmph. We'll get through this.
    Win: I knew this would happen. You can't beat me, nobody can.
    Lose: Hmph. You've earned the right to the [cough] badge. Your life is safe, for now.

Rematch: Before Battle: You won't escape this time!

My Friend Safari is Light type.

Quote Originally Posted by DefaultAsAwesome View Post
    Mine:
    Team:
    Rematch Team:
    Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w12R_PmXHEM I kind of cheated on this one, I admit.
    Before the battle: Hello. Smell that aroma around you? That's the smell of your Pokemon going down in defeat. En guarde!
    Lose: So my gas couldn't weaken you're Pokemon... fine, take it. This is the Smoke Badge.
    Final Pokemon: Ha! Your Pokemon will tremble under the power of this one's toxic!
    Doh, I never did the puzzle!

There would be toxic on certain spots in the room, that would make you have to restart at the beginning of the room. There are 3 rooms (similar to Fantina of Hearthome City) that you have to navigate through. Toxic spots reveal themselves for a short amount of time after a certain amount of time.

I'm back!

Type: All
    Team: (level 10), (level 14), (level 12), (level 12)
    Puzzle: The puzzle is to manage to answer questions on nature and Pokemon, kind of like Blaine's gym. Get it right? You pass. Get it wrong? You fight a trainer.

1. Otters are herbivorous.
    Answer: Yes

2. Sableye is weak to the Dark Type.
    Answer: No.

3. If a Fire move hits a Dragon-type, the damage will be neutral.
    Answer: No

4. Wolves mainly prey on deer or buffalos.
    Answer: Yes

After, the door will open.

Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcTBS77s8uA

Opening quote: Welcome to my gym, young trainer. My name is Lutra, after the mighty otters that swim the waters. And I assume you want the badge? Well, I'm afraid you'll have to fight me for it.

SE attack used: Very good, young trainer!

Last Pokemon: Afraid I'm going to have to go fiercer!

Weak last Pokemon: Is this my end?

Win: Bad luck, young trainer!

Loss: Congradulations, young trainer, for your victory. I wish to bestow upon you the Palette Badge!

Rematch: , , , , ,
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Mine:
    Type: Fire
    Team: ,,,,
    Rematch Team: ,,,,,
    Puzzle: No puzzles, but the only trainers in the gym will be in Triple or Rotation battles.
    Music: Avengers EMH Theme
    Before the battle: Avengers, assemble!
    Win: Assembled we are strong.
    Lose: Be sure to avenge us!
    Last Pokemon: Forever fight as one!
    Last edited by SneaselClaw; 13th April 2012 at 3:18 PM.

White FC: 0389 7992 5329 Trainer Name: Tudor

Pokemon: 5

First team: , , , ,

Music: Palkia's Onslaught

Puzzle: The entire gym looks like a cloud with patched spots. You need to navigate around these spots without falling, or else you'll face a trainer. All trainer either have a Natu, Ralts, Kadabra or a combantaion of all three.

Before Battle: Hello <Insert player name> to the gym. So you got past those challenges? Interesting. Let's see if you shine as bright as the star's above.

Super Effective Move: Hmph, this isn't what I thought it would come to.

Last Pokemon: This was not what I foresaw...

Last Pokemon (Half-Heath): It's not the end.

Win: So I was right, after all...

Lose: Well, that was not what I foresaw...I did, foresee giving you the Rift Badge.

(Rematch) Before Battle: So you are back? Let us see what you are now made of.
    EPIC SIG HERE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast