Thread: Trick Rain

Default Trick Rain

Hey guys. I'm building a new team; wanting it to eventually become my main team. It's a combination of rain dance and trick room concentrating on the slower pokemon.

PORYGON2
    EV: 252HP 252SpA. 4Def
    Item: Eviolite
    Ability: Download
    Nature: Quiet
    Moves: Trick Room
    Recover
    Thunder
    Tri-attack

Porygon2 is my lead setting up the trick room. After that, he becomes a sweeper with a stab tri-attack hopefully leaving a status condition on the opponent and a 100% accurate thunder in the rain to take on other water pokemon abusing my weather.

POLITOED
    EV: 252HP 252Def 4SpD
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Drizzle
    Nature: Relaxed
    Moves: Toxic
    Mist/Protect/Substitute
    Surf
    Brick Break

Politoed's purpose is to bring the rain out, poison the opponents, and leave. Surf is put on as an attack and as a heal for my water absorb members. Since I'm using politoed as a support pokemon, I'm putting brick break on politoed mainly to get rid of any screens the opponent may have and leave the heavier fighting move for my swampert. The last most slot is a toss between mist, protect, and substitute. His HP is alright at base 90, but with 252 ev's in it, hopefully it'll be good to take advantage of bulky enough substitutes. If not, there's protect for the instant protection or mist to prevent any stat modifiers the opponent may throw at me.

CACTURNE

EV: 252HP 188Atk 32Def 36SpD
    Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Nature: Brave
    Moves: Teeter Dance
    Spikes
    Destiny Bond
    Needle Arm/Sucker Punch

I've always like cacturne for the move teeter dance, and now I finally have a use for him with his new ability, water absorb. Cacturne's whole strategy is to come out and use teeter dance to confuse the opponents, which I may put protect on more pokemon to prevent my other guys on the field getting confused. After he confuses the field, hopefully it'll force the opponent to switch giving me a free turn to set up a layer of spikes. I'll repeat this until 3 layers are set up. Needle punch and sucker punch are for the stab. I'm probably going to go with sucker punch hoping that the opponent will target cacturne. That leaves the final move being destiny bond to use either if the opponent one shots cacturne leaving 1 HP left from the sash, or to use when I predict he's going to die.

VAPOREON
    EV: 212HP 252SpA 44Def
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Hydration
    Moves: Surf
    Ice Bream
    Acid Armor
    Rest

I was so happy when I saw that vaporeon got hydration to abuse hydration rest with vaporeon's great health. Surf is for the stab and for healing other members. Ice beam is for my grass weakness. Acid armor is to help boost vaporeon's poor defense. With this set, I plan on setting up an acid armor, sweeping, and healing full health when HP gets low.

JELLICENT

EV: 252 HP 252 SpA 4Def
    Item: Choice Specs
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Moves: Water Spout
    Shadow Ball
    Energy Ball
    Recover

Jellicent's purpose on the team is to be another sweeper using water spout. Energy ball is to take care of water pokemon. Shadow ball is for the stab. With jellicent, I hope to have him out paired with someone with surf to be healing the jellicent whenever needed to make the water spout as strong as it can be.

SWAMPERT

EV: 252HP 252Atk 4Def
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature: Brave
    Moves: Wide Guard
    Waterfall
    Earthquake
    Hammer Arm

Swampert's spot on my team is to be a physical sweeper and to wall my pokemon out with him with wide guard. Waterfall is for the stab, earthquake is to take care of electric mons, and hammer arm is to take care of ferrothorns thrown at me. Hammer arm will also slow swampert down which will reverse in the trick room.

Options I've considered are bringing in either a bronzon, slowbro, or claydol
    Leave me some feedback, so I can improve this team :]
    Last edited by claypuppet; 10th April 2012 at 3:57 AM.
    FC: 2151 4414 5671

Give me feedback on what you think of my new team I'm building
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...1#post14399871

DW Females:

I want DW females

This team has potential, however I would suggest a Ferrothorn in there to wall dragon type sweepers.

Wouldn'd bronzong wall against dragons and give me dual screens?

DW Females:

I want DW females

You need to put in descriptions of how the team members are used for us to rate properly. Other then a 3 part water weakness and only one resitance and one immunity it seems solid. I will do a full rate when there are descriptions.

added descriptions

DW Females:

I want DW females

If I may, I would rate the team 8.5/10. Overall it seems like a nice competitive team. Can't really be sure until its actually tested, but I would give Vaporeon Scalf over Surf.

I would assume your running this team in double battles. I love this team by the way. Just enough creativity to keep me from refusing to rate. I would suggest getting rid of Jelicent for Zebrastrike. Heres the set
    Ability: Motor Dive/Lightning rod
    Nature: Adamant
    Item: Choice Band
    Me First
    Wild Charge
    Thunder
    Thrash
    EV's: 252 attack, 252 speed
    This point of this set is really obvious. Switch into a electric type move for a spattack boost or a speed boost. Then go to town until you can't anymore. All the moves are self damaging in someway but they have a rediculous amount of power. Me First is there for a really funny suprise KO on a weakened Dragon or Ghost that tries to use their stab to kill you, it also is really helpfull with the right prediction.

Your team is very weak to grass. Celebi would own you. And electric. You should add volt absorb jolteon.

I have 3 mons covering celebi and a jolteon doesn't have the move pool that fits my team to run on a trick room team with his fast speed that he has.

I'll definitely look into zebrastrike! Wouldn't it be better to run him with no EVs in speed holding an iron ball like what you do with your arcanine? Btw, how did the umbreon run in the tourny you were in the other day?

DW Females:

I want DW females

You can find it on my RMT page how it went. Sorry about the speed Ev's mess up. I totally blanked about the trick room portion of your team. Hp Ev's and Iron Ball should work much better then. Sorry about that!

Very nice team! I noticed one little flaw. Choice Specs on a Jellicent with recover. It's going to be pretty hard to recover with that item.

Maybe change it to Wise Glasses, Water Gem, or something else? Or keep as is? It's your team. Your decision.

Go with Water Gem. The one time boost on Water Spout makes it stupidly powerfull.

A water gem would be make my water spout hit hard!!! Are there any other items that aren't consumable though?

DW Females:

I want DW females

Wise glasses would work for less of a boost but I would run Water Gem anyways. That one super hard hit can be the difference between a close loss and a victory sometimes.

Personally I wouldn't use Proygon2 but that's just me. I would use some other Poke as a trick room set up. Maybe try running a ghost type for trick room. or maybe something with a electric resistance..... don't really know what but something.

Hrmm.. I'll look into other trick room mons. The only problem with electric resistance pokemon is that they are mainly ground pokemon who will be weak to my surfs or electric pokemon with special abilities granting them elec resistance who will be too fast to run on my team. I will definitely look into other trick roomers like ghosts and such.

DW Females:

I want DW females

What do you guys think of this for replacing my porygon2 with?

DUSCPLOPS

Item: Eviolite
    Nature: either sassy or bold
    Moves: Trick Room
    Telekineses/Protect
    Will-O-Wisp
    Ice Punch/Thinder Punch

So with this set, I plan on utilizing the move telekineses, which I'll pair with sing with politoed to put the opponent to sleep. I'm not too sure whether to do something like this or just run my porygon..

DW Females:

I want DW females

This would actually synergise well with Pory2 and could actually replace one of your water pokes, mainly Swamp. And I'd use Dusknoir for the base 100 attack

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

Nice team. I suggest using 3 TR users, especially Reuniclus, and add incredibly fast backup such as Scarfed Terrakion or Banded ExtremeSpeed Dragonite

Looking for an LC Tutor! Requirements:
    - 6 month minimum experience
    - Appropriate ladder points (1250pts+)
    - PO for communication
    - Must have acceptable schedule

If you have any questions, PM/VM me.

Dragonite is a good choice for mainly coverage and with drizzle hurricane and thunder always hits and extremespeed for backup if you did decide to go with choice specs instead of band you could always Draco meteor but other than that it's a pretty good team .

Not Dusknoir go with Dusclops with the Eviolite boost it gets near Shuckle defences. Use a set like 252 Def 252 SpD and 4 Hp with Trick Room/Will-o-wisp/Pain Split/Night Shade.
    That's what I used on my Trick Room team and it takes a Crunch from MixTar and Just Pain Splits to Recover HP. It works like a charm seeing as Swampert isn't as good as Gen 4.
        Spoiler:- Favorite Pokes:

Spoiler:- What am I?: