Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Less Is Morrison (395)

Factory Head Noland Guest

I watched this episode last night but I was too tired to post what I though, lol.

This episode was SO great! It has a lot of pre-Hoenn humor in which I miss so much such as Ash's rivalry, Munchlax's appetite and other things. Lol, I can't stop laughing about the giant riceball and Masamune's face!

I really really really liked the battle with Team Rocket aswell, and....Advanced Adventure was there!! Wooooohooooo!! (I LOVE that tune by the way). And we got to see Pikachu use Iron Tail...ahhhhhh..........

Beldum had a really cool voice and I was right about it's intro, an intro kind of like Bagon's (a battle with Pikachu).

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi
    EDIT: Forgotten one more thing I really liked about that ep... "Rival!" could be heard as BGM, I love that song^^
    Yeah, it was intresting how they used "Rival" when Ash was racing a rival.

And I'm not saying that Masamune is charming or anything like that, but we need more people like him on the show. That dude's funny!

Also, Team Rocket's rock-paper-scissors game was funny since all four of them kept using the same thing. I am so glad that     Spoiler:
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

I gotta admit, this episode was a lot better then I thought it was gonna be. Granted I wish Masamune would've been more of a competitive rival like Gary used to be in Kanto, instead of a friendly one. The fight between Pikachu and Beldum was great too. It struck me a bit odd how this guy has hair very similar to that of Misty's though. O_o;;;

Most likely when we see this guy in the Houen League his Beldum will have evolved to Metang. I'll be looking forward to Ash's battle with him.

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

vulpix Guest

hmm this episode looks pretty good...who wins?

What do you think about the rice cake scene? Do you think 4kids will cut the scene out or just edit the rice cake into a giant donut or sandwich?

Onigiri. Or rice ball. Or Japanese rice snack.

Rice cakes or those Quakers Oats things like taste like air.

As for an edit or not, it remains to be seen. It certainly wouldn't be hard to edit it or dub it either way.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

MaskedManAbsolkid is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

The rice ball was edited into one of them american sandwiches. I think something else was edited too, but I can't remember.

There was also some original music too (where Ash and Masamune are running down the hill, different music plays, but the original music is used later on)
    Used to be Absolkid, -Absol-, Former Absolkid and Cipher Admin Absolkid!

Looks like the cracker was an edit.

What is up with these interesting TC's? It's almost as if they're trying to avoid another Seviper incident.
    V | Faction

I thought this episode was fairly good. Beldum was awesome. Morrison sounded a little tougher than I thought he would. Meowth's boss fantasy was creepy and weird. I thought it was interesting when Ash and Morrison battled TR's pokemon by themselves! The only thing I found obnoxious about this episode was Ash and Morrison's constant competitive attitudes.

Haha, Morrison is a hilarious and very welcome rival. I love how Ash/Morrison competed about almost everything; walking to the Pokemon Center first, sleeping in the tree, staying in the hot springs, arm wrestling, knocking down the cage, great stuff.

Heh, looks like the May/Drew fans were taken down a couple of notches with this episode. You know if May/Drew did what Ash/Morrison did it would be interpeted as flirting, nice to see the writers say that gender doesn't matter, they're still rivals.

I liked the Pikachu Vs. Beldum fight, it took us long enough to see Beldum in the anime.

James', "Twerps gone wild!" line was amusing.

May's Pink surprise? And I thought May's Purple surprise was innuendo enough...

well, it looks like food just isn't safe... either it's eaten by Munchlax, or is paint edited by 4kids to become something more american... and then eaten by Munchlax...

and 4kids have a very loose grasp on physics... sandwiches are apparently able to roll...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

To be fair though, it was a decent edit. If I didn't know better, I would have never known they edited away a rice cake and replaced it with a sandwich.

Hehe, Twerps Gone Wild had me laughing for a while XD

Yeah, I'm noticing the quirky TCs too. You'd think they've run out of Pokémon to do evolution chains with >_>;;

Morrison's voice was actually pretty good, surprisingly. His words were rather slurred at times, though.

Beldum's voice was also great, it fit Beldum perfectly. Also glad to see a remark on how Beldum can only use Take Down.

Humans battling will always get a thumbs up from me.

I rather liked Morrison's speech about sleeping in a tree. It was a cool idea for a cool character.

The competition between Morrison and Ash was great, far better than anything Gary and Ash did. Because it was actually funny this time 'round -_-

The battle with Beldum and Pikachu fighting Seviper and Cacnea was marvelous, IMO. It seemed very fluid, and the way they worked together was nice to watch.

I lol'd at James using big words and Meowth not understanding

Meowth's Boss Fantasy for Beldum was rather strange, at least with the acupuncture part.

As a name, Morrison is OK, even though I got the vibe that they only named him that to make a Title =/

Overall rating:
    9.2 out of 10
    Not quite as good as Berry, Berry Interesting, but still a worthwhile episode introducing an awesome character. If nothing else, I'll be looking forward to the League just to see Morrison once more =D

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Commander Blizzard*~
    I rather liked Morrison's speech about sleeping in a tree. It was a cool idea for a cool character.
    I thought the two snuggling oddishes were adorable...

It was weird, Morrison was dressed up like a caveman and he went wild because why, a sandwhich...I love all Pokemon episodes this one was just a bit weird, but still I loved it. And why did they change the sushi(i dunno what it was) to a sandwich same thing with the cracker I saw that mentioned above.
    Last edited by Pete the Unstoppable; 11th February 2006 at 5:35 PM.

Thanks to Pikablu the Pokemaster for this awesome userbar.

Are you a Kirby fan? click the banner to join the Kirby Klub!

Call me Kawaii Poyo (I actually prefer simply Poyo). I need to get this username changed...NAO!

The Kirby Klub is now dead... I was inactive and managing it was just too time consuming. Still keeping this in my sig for old times sake though.

what was the "cracker" before it was changed into one anyway? another rice ball?

and will Snorunt be changed into a sandwich as well?     Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    May's Pink surprise? And I thought May's Purple surprise was innuendo enough...
    Hey! Who called it back on Bulbagarden?

That's right. ME!

For a block of steel with an eyeball and a claw on its butt, Beldum is cute. Good voice too.

Sean is Morrison... Well, maybe it was only fitting. He does a good job at disguising his voice and he is well experienced. I can only imagine what Tetsuya's voice will be like (will they get Sean for that too!~)

What was the Pokemon shown before the Oddish couple? I was too enthralled by the Crobats (ooh~Crobats~) to notice.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by PDL
    and will Snorunt be changed into a sandwich as well?     Spoiler:
    Heh heh. Hey, why ever did you change your name?
    V | Faction

I'll see it in about an hour.

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

http://www.auraguardians.net/

NOTE: The site is not up yet so the link will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    Heh heh. Hey, why ever did you change your name?
    just unifying my internet aliasis...

and the pokemon... crud, I don't remember either!

EDIT: another wasted oppurtunity to put May in a swimsuit -_-

EDIT2: it was a Hoothoot
    Last edited by PDL; 11th February 2006 at 5:53 PM.

Right, Hoot-Hoot. Hurray for Johto Pokemon!
    V | Faction

This episode seemed pretty good. It's the first that ive watched in a while. It kinda got on my nerves though when Ash and Morrison were saying all the same things and fighting off team rocket by themselves. Other than that, Beldum was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by PDL
    EDIT: another wasted oppurtunity to put May in a swimsuit -_-
    I'd agree with you, but that hotspring looked like a male only place. There were no girls there if you noticed.

Imagine May being the only girl there with one of her little bikinis? Especially bathing with about 20 or so boys? Oh man, she'd be the center of attention.

Sha-Boing-Boing?

Sha-Boing-Boing.
    V | Faction

Pretty good episode.

Morrison's dub voice was pretty much as I expected. I've said it before when I saw screenshots of this a year ago and I will say it again...Morrison and Ash are the BIGGEST blockheads. They belong together

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

My God, a sandwich cannot roll down a hill, for crying out loud (but at least the Subway style one makes a little more sense than the standard one from "Judgment Day").

And so, the overweight dipstick makes his dub debut. He takes so much abuse, and still won't die! Like TR. Also, he deserved a worse dub voice. They had the nerve to give him a decent VA. Urge...to kill...rising...

To say something positive, the fight between Beldum and Pikachu was nice enough.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast