Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Less Is Morrison (395)

I loved this episode!

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

http://www.auraguardians.net/

NOTE: The site is not up yet so the link will not work.

The episode was alright. Morrison's voice sounds like he has cold though. =\
    It was weird seeing a sandwich roll down.
    But I agree with Medea. They do belong together. They're great rivals.
    7/10

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

I also loved this episode! I was laughing when Munchlax became bloated after eating that pink pokeblock. I was also laughing at the part where May said "He's like a bottomless pit." That was pretty funny, Especially coming from her.
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

Quote Originally Posted by Addydo
    I was laughing when Munchlax became bloated after eating that pink pokeblock. .
    Lol, when I saw that I was a bit surprised. It looks very unhealthy and dangerous, to me. Of course, I'm overcomplicating it.

Anyway, this episode was interesting. Right off the bat, it seems we get a subsandwich edit? If it was a riceball as I've heard before, then why not just change the name like they used to? I'd rather see a donut that looks like a riceball then a subsandwhich that looks edited in.

...then we get a cracker. It looked so out of place, geez. >_>

At first, I didn't care about Morrison's name change. But now that I see he's in a kimono, I'm a bit frustrated that they didn't just go ahead and keep his name Masamune. If they can have an Otoshi, why not a Masamune?

Morrison's voiced by Sean Schemmel, I see. Actually, I wasn't that annoyed by the voice. Kinda fits him.

Beldum's cool. And the whole hammock thing was cool, too. I see Ash and Morrison's got a equal/tie thing going on. And they'll obviously settle it in the Hoenn League Competition.

Oh yeah, I was rofl when Masamune showed he had seven badges. I was expecting eight, to be honest.

Uh... that's it. I'll go with 8/10 for this one.

The sandwich edit was actually done well. If I hadn't known better I would've believed it. The real problem is how damn inconsistent 4KIDS is with this crap. We've seen rice balls so many times since Pokemon reached America, yet they choose to start editing them like, 350 episodes into the anime? Geez, if they wanted to censor Japanese culture, it would've been easier to say that the rice balls were a kind of food that is found in the Pokemon world only.

Masamune had a rather fitting dub voice, except for the fact that Sean Schemmel made it sound like Masamune was sick. Didn't Masako Nozawa voice him in the Japanese version? That's what I heard somewhere. If so, then that was pretty cool casting on 4KIDS' part.
    3DS Friend Code: 5155-3421-4718
    Friend Safari: Bug-Type (Butterfree, Volbeat, & Heracross)

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBox
    Masamune had a rather fitting dub voice, except for the fact that Sean Schemmel made it sound like Masamune was sick.
    Oh yeah, I was gonna mention how he sounds a lot like King Kai. Hm. o_o

Quote Originally Posted by Kamex
    Oh yeah, I was gonna mention how he sounds a lot like King Kai. Hm. o_o
    Oh GAWD..I just noticed that ><

This episode would have been good if there weren't so many food edits...-.-;

anyway overall I give it a 7/10
    Watch out kids...He's coming for you!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBox
    Masamune had a rather fitting dub voice, except for the fact that Sean Schemmel made it sound like Masamune was sick. Didn't Masako Nozawa voice him in the Japanese version? That's what I heard somewhere. If so, then that was pretty cool casting on 4KIDS' part.
    Oh, here's something I just read on Dogasu's Backpack:

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu's Backpack
    Also, here's a fun bit of trivia. In the Japanese version, Masamune is voiced by Masako Nozawa, who is most famous for her role as Son Goku in all the Dragon Ball series. And you know what? In the English version, Morrison seems to be voiced by Sean Schemmel, who also provides the voice for Goku in the English version of Dragon Ball Z! Now I don't know if this was intentional or not, but either way, it's pretty neat that the English version gives a little nod to the Japanese VA.

How sad. 4Kids strips the show of any piece of Japanese culture. Putting that behind me I think Masamune is a cool rival for Ash (I'm not calling him Morrison).

This episode was very tiring for me.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

I thought it was hilarious although they shouldn'tve edited the rice balls into a sandwich and a cracker.

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

http://www.auraguardians.net/

NOTE: The site is not up yet so the link will not work.

I really enjoyed this epsiode. Ever snice I watched the Japanese version, I wanted to watch it in English. I really Masaume dub voice. It really suits him. And I loved when Ash and him battle it out, only to find out they tied on almost everything. XD And Pikachu and Beldum's battle was pretty cool. The thing that got me kinda of shocked is when a sandwich is rolling on the hill. A sandwich?! What? I remember in the Japanese version a rice ball rolled over. I was saying here we go again. 4Kids and thier edits. Will they ever learn? But anyway...I really loved this epsiode. It was funny and awesome at the same time. 10/10
    goodbye~

It took me a bit to get used to Morrison, but he's already jumped ahead of Harley in the likeability factor for me. He and Ash had lots of funny moments in this episode, and I thought it was interesting that they made Morrison left-handed too. The scene where they work together to charge after Team Rocket was hilarious. I liked Meowth's reaction when Ash and Morrison bit the balloon's "ears" too.

I wasn't too thrilled about meeting Morrison, but I'm looking forward to seeing him again, much more than Harley. Overall, 9/10.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Default 395

Having seen only the first half of the episode, i must say Morrison is a pretty interesting addition to the character lineup. If he has a Metagross by the Hoenn league finals, I'll be a very happy person. Beldum is one of the worst newer pokemon, and this episode proves it, but Metang and Metagross are quite powerful if trained correctly. Should make for an interesting Hoenn League championship now.
    Pokemon Y Safari: My FC is 3222-5649-1274 and my pokemon are Dwebble, Magcargo and Rhydon.

IMO, this is more of those random episodes. Though it wasnt bad, i thought that i was a tad over the hill. But i suppose its been a while since Ash last had a rival. Although, if Beldum was continually using Take Down, wouldnt it take some damage from recoil? IMO the only comic part of it would be when Morisson shows he has 7 badges, then Ash shows him his 8 badges, then Morisson has a short panic attack. What disappoints me is that he gained his 7 badges with 1 pokemon that knows only 1 attack.

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Morrison has other at least 5 other Pokémon. Remember the Poké Balls he gave to Joy?

Geki Guest

Yet again, another awesome episode!! I think Morrison's dub voice is excellent, it suits his character. Beldum only being able to use Take Down was kind of dumb, but oh well. Pikachu should have won that battle. I also found it stupid that they had a grinder roll down the hill then just put a rice ball in. Really, what the hell's the big deal with Japanese culture that they hate?

5/5

Quote Originally Posted by Geki
    Beldum only being able to use Take Down was kind of dumb, but oh well.
    That's how it is in the games. Beldum is incapable of learning any other attacks. It has to evolve to Metang before it can use anything else.

I didn't watch the episode, but by reading the summary and looking at the pics, I think the episode is kinda pitiful because of Ash & Morrison trying to take on Team Rocket without any of their Pokemon. It's quite similar to Team Rocket taking on Tyranitar in A Poached Ego.

The best bit of that episde is when Ash and Morrison both use take down that made me laugh because i thought why don't Ash use that on them all the time instaed of using his pokemon.

Not one of my favorites I enjoyed seeing Munchlax getting into more trouble and seeing Beldum another of my favorite Pokemon was nice, but i'm just not a huge fan of Morrison.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I don't know why many don't like Morrison, he's funny.

My ideal battle ever!

he's just funny because he's an idiot :P

PINK FRIDAY

It makes your ears BLEED

I thought Morrison should have been introduced early in AG So he could battle Ash frequently, but they just had to introduce him in late AG. I thought he was funny and the rivalry between him and Ash was pretty nice.

i think this episode was good

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast