Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Genesect [Discussion]

But we already have HP rock Volc

99 speed is such a troll speed tier. It'll be useful with a life orb I guess but in all honesty, it isn't that great. Bug/Steel is good defensively, but offensively it's terrible. Scizor can get away with it only because of Bullet Punch + U-turn.
    MewtwoTHOUSAND is an original character DO NOT STEAL.

Oh and I use cheating devices to hack legitimate pokemon that I use for my own amusement only, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by jle1076 View Post
    I doubt he'll even settle in OU with his typing.
    His typing is solid defensively to keep him strong and healthy. Then offensively his coverage moves + ability will make up for the fact he can't STAB them most of the time.

GodDamnZilla

You're right, he has a wopping total of one weakness! That's insane! It's typing is down there with Leavany and Delibird!

Actually, it's pretty good typing. But even if it was bad, it's not bad enough to slow it down to much. STAB bug buzz is actually pretty nice, and it has boltbeam, download, flamethrower, and STAB U-turn. I bet it'll be a pretty popular scarf Volt Turn pokemon, since it's special attack and coverage can cause so many swap outs. It will also make a good specs wall breaker. Flamethrower especially separates it from Porgyon-Z, since it allows it to attack the many OU steel types and also break the JelliThorn core. It's actually a lot like Hydreigon now that I think about it.
    But we already have HP rock Volc
    What does that have to do with anything?
    Thing is, this is the kind of thing that people will make sets to counter. HP Rock Genesect will probably become pretty common. Granted, it won't then be as effective against other things, but it's one to watch out for...
    I'm expecting to see it run BoltBeam, U-turn, Bug Buzz, and Flamethrower. That's too much competition for a moveslot, and power/coverage will usually overrule luring out Volcarona. It's probably going to be pretty rare, but it does sound viable if your team struggles with Volc.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 50 Points
    Check out Mega Sableye's shield. It's a giant rupee! It's true, money does solve all your problems!

Quote Originally Posted by JSteele View Post
    are you guys sure he wont be an Uber? I think he just may become :/ Excellent typing, amazing mixed attacking stats, decent speed.
    99 allows it to be out sped by some threats if it's LO. Volcarona, Celebi, Mixmence, Starmie, Latios, Latias(With HP Fire).

Many Pokémon will also adjust to Genesect by changing some IV's around so download will raise Attack > Special Attack; since most Genesect will be Special > Physical.

I think Rotom-H will get a raise in usage. Resisting most of the moves Genesect will be using. Having a nice typing in Fire/Electric, it'll be resisting Bug, Ice, Fire, Electric, Steel, Grass, and levitating above Ground moves.
    Scizor has the same exact typing. And he's still OU. Same with Forretress.
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

-Alex

He probably will be an uber, or at least an OU, cuz of it's stats: decent speed/ good typing, very nice mixed attacking stats, and his movepool is pretty good to

Genesect gets Drain Punch as well, so he gets better recovery.

EDIT: wrong

I use genesect in dw a lot. I know him well and my set won't change and it won't go out of style.

Genesect @Choice Scarf
    Hasty
    Download
    68Atk, 188Sp.Atk, 252Spe
    -U-turn
    -Thunderbolt
    -Flamethrower
    -Ice Beam
    The ev's give me enough power to put a mojor dent in my opponent no matter what my download boost is. Pretty standard coverage. I find scarf is best because it lets me outspeed threats. And u-turn is a must.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Genesect is imminent ~ Being officially released starting August 11th! Finally the days are upon us when Genesect will be allowed to roam the standard OU metagame. Will it wreak havok, or be such a let down it goes NU? Any more thoughts on Genesect's position in the standard OU metagame soon to come?

GodDamnZilla

Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    Genesect is imminent ~ Being officially released starting August 11th! Finally the days are upon us when Genesect will be allowed to roam the standard OU metagame. Will it wreak havok, or be such a let down it goes NU? Any more thoughts on Genesect's position in the standard OU metagame soon to come?
    Well, it has one niche over Scizor, being a special attacker with the necessary moves for coverage. With 99 speed and a Choice Scarf allows it to outspeed Scarfed Hydreigon and Haxorus and others as well. Plus on a Specs set, a sp boost from Download helps it if lucky. So IMO, it looks OU material enough.

Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    NU??? never
    UU at worst, I don't think it will be used that much he is a fine revenge killer and strong attacker with good typing but I think it will be used when people would want a special scizor.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Naw. UU isn't really where it belongs. Genesect really has two and a half things that make it a stay-put in OU:
    1) A movepool that is ridiculously diverse. Between Bug Buzz, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Giga Drain, Flash Cannon, Energy Ball, Thunder Wave, and Rock Polish, he has a humongous advantage in coverage that can really make opponents think twice about switching in a check to it.
    2) Download. Literally, this makes it a ridiculously good Wallbreaker. By switching it in to Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Forretress, Gliscor, etc. It gains an auto- 1.5x boost.
    3) Its typing can afford it an easy time to switch in and begin to hit things with its massive coverage.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

Image is far too wide. Whitespace within an image counts, it stretches screens. Please check the signature rules.
    [IMG*]http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii592/xPureProdigy69/Eaglehawksfinisheduserbarinwhite.gif[/IMG*]

Spoiler:- In Memoriam:

If you're new to competitive battling and want me to check out your Rate My Team thread, don't be afraid to VM or PM me. I'll be happy to help.

^Pretty much that.

It really doesn't make sense to theorymon about where Genesect will end up when we have seen how it has functioned in the Dream World OU environment before. Last I checked, it was around #3 in the DW OU usage stats, so by the look of it, it'll be a very solid OU when it's finally released. There's no way that it's going to drop to NU; heck, it would take an act of God for this thing to drop to UU. It has great typing, decent bulk, Download for an instant power boost, and fantastic special coverage. The only real downsides are its small physical movepool (all it really needs is U-turn, though) and its trollish base 99 speed stat. It'll probably be a very solid member of VoltTurn teams, especially with the popular and effective Scarf set.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    ^Pretty much that.

It really doesn't make sense to theorymon about where Genesect will end up when we have seen how it has functioned in the Dream World OU environment before. Last I checked, it was around #3 in the DW OU usage stats, so by the look of it, it'll be a very solid OU when it's finally released. There's no way that it's going to drop to NU; heck, it would take an act of God for this thing to drop to UU. It has great typing, decent bulk, Download for an instant power boost, and fantastic special coverage. The only real downsides are its small physical movepool (all it really needs is U-turn, though) and its trollish base 99 speed stat. It'll probably be a very solid member of VoltTurn teams, especially with the popular and effective Scarf set.
    Yes, I know talking of it going in other tiers was just a joke, I had no actual belief it would land below OU :P

I am looking forward as well to create a VoltTurn core using it. Download honestly is a crazy good ability for it to have, with its great stats for being a Mix attacker and the fact that it STAB's U-turn. A Special choice scarf set w/ U turn / Ice Beam / Thunderbolt / [ Flamethrower, Bug Buzz, other filler ] is going to be great to use. I really wish I had gotten into DW so that I could have used it earlier but I just never really did.

GodDamnZilla

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123